FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fears

Fears

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Did you get them because of an incident that happened to you or because someone else was afraid of the same thing when you were younger?

I don't like spiders as i woke up with a pretty large one on my face when i was around 12 but have had to 'man up' else my little one might just associate them to be bad.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have a thing about fish. I really don't know why. I hate the supermarket fish counters. I don't eat anything remotely seafood. Not even sure exactly when I started feeling like that. They just look creepy.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Did you get them because of an incident that happened to you or because someone else was afraid of the same thing when you were younger?

I don't like spiders as i woke up with a pretty large one on my face when i was around 12 but have had to 'man up' else my little one might just associate them to be bad."

I dislike spiders but managed to keep it to myself as I didn't want to condition my child to be scared of them. Then my sister and niece were staying one weekend, saw a spider, and screamed the place down. My child was scared of spiders after that.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

When i was younger i had fears, now im older i have fears. I dont think any of them are related to other people having bad experiences and the only one i can put down to a bad experience now is the fact im terrified of fireworks. Ive grown out of some and into others

Used to hate the gap from the platform edge to train and I was sccared.

I work for the trains now I'm not scared and I don't close my eyes while stepping from and on it.

I am scared of swimming in water where I can't see the bottom. I was fearless when I was a youngster until I watched Jaws!!! After that I used to check under my duvet before jumping in bed, just in case!!!!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Used to hate the gap from the platform edge to train and I was sccared.

I work for the trains now I'm not scared and I don't close my eyes while stepping from and on it. "

Don't ever read Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman then!

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

spiders scare the shit outta me .. wen i used to live alone i had to wait till someone visited me to pick my post up as i always feared a spider was under one of the letters .. talk about bonkers !!

I am also scared of taking off on a plane. I love it thundering down the runway but I am always scared the tail will hit the ground when it lifts off.

Clowns. Cannot look at them or be in the same room as one. It makes me queasy thinking about them.

"I am scared of swimming in water where I can't see the bottom. I was fearless when I was a youngster until I watched Jaws!!! After that I used to check under my duvet before jumping in bed, just in case!!!! "

only had one bad water/swimming based thing happen to me, luckily it didnt effect me and cause a fear

It was like a family play session in the local pool and we had big massive inflatables to run along, well i fell off into the deep end and it caught me by surprise so didnt gasp for air before going under. Remember frantically trying to surface for air and just as i was about to someone else crashed right ontop of me.. i thought i was gonna die as it was yet another manic scramble for air. Never went on it again, still continued to swim mind but i just remember it so clearly

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Dwarves and midgets...scared me when I was six...they just looked...wrong. I'm 52 next month and they still freak me out.

Nearly got knocked down by a bus trying to avoid the dwarf clown giving out flyers for Zippo's circus.

I don't have any irrational fears, except heights, I hate them but won't let my body dictate to me so I ignore it.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Terrified of moths (the big furry ones literally send me running for the hills) and butterflies - have had to get colleagues to shepherd butterflies outta the office window - not overkeen on Ginny Longlegs either...asked my mam and she can't remember anything that happened when I was younger to cause it

I (sheila) hate spiders....they scare me to death

I used to hate thunder when i was young, but i am fine with that now and i actually love a good thunder storm now that i'm older

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

People wearing masks also freak me out, thats been for a long while think its cause i cant tell whose behind it and they have the advantage over me.

I don't have any phobias per se but I can't stand things buzzing around me (I mean insects you dirty minded lot!). I think it's got more to do with the fact that I've never been stung by a bee or a wasp so I haven't experienced the pain of it.

my mum and my older sister used to scream when they saw a spider.

i am terified of spiders.

when my gran took me shopping she wouldnt go on an esculator, after that i was too scared to go on them.

thats just a couple of examples.

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

Although a great swimmer I am terrified of still water like reservoirs etc. Can't remember ever having a frightening experience when younger though. Watching the sea or moving water is no problem but lakes and lochs etc give me the heebie jeebies!

Steve

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Terrifed of knives.... I went to Alton towers during halloween and went into the haunted manison... There was an actor that came with us with a fake knife and to say the least I freaked the fuck out.. The actor said if you are freaking out at this I suggest you go no further in which I did not..

"Terrifed of knives.... I went to Alton towers during halloween and went into the haunted manison... There was an actor that came with us with a fake knife and to say the least I freaked the fuck out.. The actor said if you are freaking out at this I suggest you go no further in which I did not.. "

im now giggling at a mental image of you trying to cut up a steak with a spoon lol

im easy pleased this evening haha

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Terrifed of knives.... I went to Alton towers during halloween and went into the haunted manison... There was an actor that came with us with a fake knife and to say the least I freaked the fuck out.. The actor said if you are freaking out at this I suggest you go no further in which I did not.. "

I went to the holloween night in Florida last year at universal studios....OMFG I have never been so Fecking scared in my life, when all along my brain was saying, foxy...get a grip, they are actors! But my brain was just going ahhhhhh!!!! (x 10) but they were really good at their job, and my heart palpatations went through the roof!

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Birds, moths and daddy long legs scare me to death.

Biirds just look evil, and flap their wings in your face or peck at your ankles (blame the pigeons that shat on me or alfred hitchcock for them).

Moths, no idea, they are just butterflys that havent had a bath.

Daddy long legs, we used to throw them in each others faces at school, and even if its leg or wiing fell off, the gits wouldnt die!

Have been trying to be brave around birds for my little one, but it is very hard

"I am scared of swimming in water where I can't see the bottom. I was fearless when I was a youngster until I watched Jaws!!! After that I used to check under my duvet before jumping in bed, just in case!!!! "

+1

Horrible films I hate the sea and am terrified of sharks even if I see one on the tv I wanna cry!

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"I am scared of swimming in water where I can't see the bottom. I was fearless when I was a youngster until I watched Jaws!!! After that I used to check under my duvet before jumping in bed, just in case!!!!

+1

Horrible films I hate the sea and am terrified of sharks even if I see one on the tv I wanna cry!"

I am a water baby and love the sea

"I am scared of swimming in water where I can't see the bottom. I was fearless when I was a youngster until I watched Jaws!!! After that I used to check under my duvet before jumping in bed, just in case!!!!

+1

Horrible films I hate the sea and am terrified of sharks even if I see one on the tv I wanna cry!

I am a water baby and love the sea"

I wish I was. I went paragliding on holiday, didn't want to but was persuaded by the guys that I would take off and land on the sand, it was all lovely till I started getting closer to the water, went crashing in and thought I was gonna die lol, carrier bag got caught in engine of the speed boat. They offered me another watersport for free

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Serious phobia about bridges over water... Take mental panic attack

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I am scared of losing my marbles, the "Greek Collection" might cause me most concern, clumsy as that may be

By *smCouple  over a year ago

Liskeard

moths that fly around my head

, spiders that suddenly appear from under sofas

dont mind ones sitting quiety on the wall..

hate standing on the edge of cliffs. but love flying...

By *atinaBabeCouple  over a year ago

casa caliente

after came to live in uk im scared to get fat

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i dont think i have any actual phobias...i dont particularly like spiders but i can deal whith them in the house (mainly by setting the cats on them )

the noise of people brushing their teeth makes me go all unny and goose bumpey

"

Moths, no idea, they are just butterflys that havent had a bath. "

Just laughed out loud to myself with that one

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

" after came to live in uk im scared to get fat "

didnt the fattest man ever come from Brazil

Needles, stood on one that had got caught in the carpet when I was very young, I even lied about being ill to avoid an injection in school, then got stabbed by a sadistic nurse in hospital to make up for it

By *ngelsdevilWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

I am petrified by spiders to the point it stops me getting to sleep, I get into my head I can feel them crawling on me and spend hours twitching and randomly hitting where I think I can feel them. if I see one in my bedroom I have to kill it before i'll get into bed and if it gets away I have to hunt it down!

Also daddy long legs, I ended up in hospital with a sprained ligament in my foot after springing out of the bath when one flew into my face!.

As iv got older I find myself getting more and more scared of rides in theme parks and water parks, went on everything when I was younger all the biggest rides in universal studios and different water parks but as time gets on il go on less and less!

having to spend time with relatives who talk about their kids all the time.

Hate thunder and lightening. Scares the living daylights out of me.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Brilliant Thin Lizzy track though

"Used to hate the gap from the platform edge to train and I was sccared.

I work for the trains now I'm not scared and I don't close my eyes while stepping from and on it.

Don't ever read Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman then! "

noooo i just always hated them

"Clowns. Cannot look at them or be in the same room as one. It makes me queasy thinking about them. "

Im the same with clowns, I have always been scared and it stems from childhood and my parents taking me to the circus when I was about 5. They had to take me home again as I wet myself in fear when the clowns started to come into the audience.

Obviously its not a thing you see a lot of so generally im ok. But I did smile, even though I was fairly uneasy, when I took my boy to a Slipknot concert and I had a clown sitting next to me. He even had balloons attached to his wrist, was seriously creepy.

How bizarre is that - what's the chances of your phobia turning up at a concert. Surprised you didn't freak!

The clown fear is a strange one like bake beans fear.

Hmm ... Well mine is snakes. I don't know how or why it started but I don't even like watching them on TV. Seriously gives me the willies

By *wencatWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

only had one bad water/swimming based thing happen to me, luckily it didnt effect me and cause a fear

It was like a family play session in the local pool and we had big massive inflatables to run along, well i fell off into the deep end and it caught me by surprise so didnt gasp for air before going under. Remember frantically trying to surface for air and just as i was about to someone else crashed right ontop of me.. i thought i was gonna die as it was yet another manic scramble for air. Never went on it again, still continued to swim mind but i just remember it so clearly

"

That must been so very scary

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I have a fear of creepy crawlies and bugs (spiders and earwigs are at the top of my list) mainly due to having a brother that used to chase me with them. He also used to put them in his toy box etc so I wouldn't touch them.

If I am honest then I am a bit of a wimp and am scared of quite a few things.

Mr B has a huge fear of bridges and can't walk or drive over them.

By *ummy mummyWoman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

"Needles, stood on one that had got caught in the carpet when I was very young, I even lied about being ill to avoid an injection in school, then got stabbed by a sadistic nurse in hospital to make up for it "

I have always hated needles since I was young and had to go in for surgery...but have had to get over it as a year or so ago was diagnosed with Hemochromatosis (overload of iron in my blood) so from about april until december last year had to go in once a week for them to take a pint of blood to bring the ferritin levels down. Having never given blood before I was not aware of the size difference of the needle as compared to when they take blood for a blood test...I was expecting the "little prick" they say is coming...that very first time I went OMG did I feel liuke a wuss as I broke down crying...lol...

» Add a new message to this topic