Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

yes, not my finest moment to be honest

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

Not healthy to want revenge, sometimes, it's easier to learn to live with the event and try to move on

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Nope, cant see the point. Not because I have sucha high moral landscape but purely because being vengeful means I would still be "struggling" with the negative emotions over what has happened - I rather let things go, it feels healthier.

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Yep.... and thats as much as I'm saying lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I once covered a guys carpet in cress seeds and watered it for when he came back from a business trip

I'll admit to having thought about it and even to have plotted how I would carry it out..but I've always been too much of a coward to carry it through and actually I'm quite pleased about that as would have made me no better than the person that upset me.

Hopefully karma brings it's own rewards !!

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Yep .. really bad..

when OH had a fling with someone I had her work number .. rang it at three oclock in morning got the answer fone and read out the message she had texted to him.. Was her boss's AMachine

I then diverted my fone to her mobile number so everytime he tried to fone me he got her... that was sooo funny he got really wound up and kept calling orange and blaming them..

that little bit of fun didnt last long

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I have never taken revenge on anyone but I do wonder, every once in a while, if I would be a little saner if I had.

"I have never taken revenge on anyone but I do wonder, every once in a while, if I would be a little saner if I had."
I am not sure tbh - taking revenge means you are no better than the person who has wronged you - and I am just not sure whether 2 wrongs make a right?

It may not but its oh so satisfying!!

"It may not but its oh so satisfying!!"
Lol - I can see where you are coming from - it is just I dont get that satisfaction. Wish I could sometimes lol...

Forum Mod

I got revenge on someone that had pissed me off when I was a teenager and even now I burn with shame when I think about what I did,which really was'nt that bad compared to some acts of revenege but it still was'nt nice of me at all and it did'nt even make me feel the slightest bit better at the time

I would'nt ever plot an act of revenge again

Forum Mod

Thats not to say that some stories of revenge hav'nt made me laugh out loud because they have

"I got revenge on someone that had pissed me off when I was a teenager and even now I burn with shame when I think about what I did,which really was'nt that bad compared to some acts of revenege but it still was'nt nice of me at all and it did'nt even make me feel the slightest bit better at the time

I would'nt ever plot an act of revenge again"

Maybe if you share with us Honeypot, maybe you'll feel better.

Forum Mod

"I got revenge on someone that had pissed me off when I was a teenager and even now I burn with shame when I think about what I did,which really was'nt that bad compared to some acts of revenege but it still was'nt nice of me at all and it did'nt even make me feel the slightest bit better at the time

Maybe if you share with us Honeypot, maybe you'll feel better. "

Haha! Nice try but no way,it was'nt even that bad but it made me feel REALLY bad

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

From the comments it seems that revenge is not actually served on the person you intended it for but rebounds back onto yourself. Interesting.

My old vicar used to say that you should never accusingly point at anyone as your are always pointing three fingers back at yourself. Is that how vengenance works too?

Even though i have had evil thoughts thats all they were..i know i would feel more guilt after then what that person had originally done to me. lol

im all for karma coming round and biting them in the ass.

Maybe if you share with us Honeypot, maybe you'll feel better.

Haha! Nice try but no way,it was'nt even that bad but it made me feel REALLY bad"

You're too smart for me, dammit.

Not sure it's revenge, but a close one was attacked by a group of thugs, I saw to it they got what they deserved, not in a combative manner but one is locked up and another two are on community service.

And one happened to attack my loved one again who already had broken ribs due to the group attack, this time I happened to be across the road so intervened by holding him back, he got aggressive so I had to turn to a slightly more combative approach.

They've been much quieter since, even stopped abusing the elderly and single mums as was their usual thing to do.

It wasn't set out to be revenge, I was just trying to make a bad situation better, but I befriended the girl who my ex boyfriend cheated on me with.

She'd got pregnant after he left me for her then me and him got back together. Me and her decided to be grown up about it and I'd be involved in the baby's life from the start.

He hated it! Think he just wanted rid of me but wouldn't say it and it scared the crap outta him when we unintentionally 'teamed up'!

Left his to go home the next day and he's never spoken to me since. His loss

I believe what goes round comes around.

If someone has done something bad to me, I would do something about it the moment I find out, usually to put him/her in his/her place, whenever I can.

Otherwise I would walk away, and get on with my life, rather than to be bitter and twisted and waste my energy to plot my revenge.

I wait for Karma as shes one mean bitch who does the job perfectly

Someone did something to me a few months ago that nearly destroyed me, but as much as I hate the person for what they did I believe what goes around, comes around and he will get what he deserves one day. Thats not to say I didnt think of revenge, but im the better person

By *sMinxyWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"It wasn't set out to be revenge, I was just trying to make a bad situation better, but I befriended the girl who my ex boyfriend cheated on me with.

She'd got pregnant after he left me for her then me and him got back together. Me and her decided to be grown up about it and I'd be involved in the baby's life from the start.

He hated it! Think he just wanted rid of me but wouldn't say it and it scared the crap outta him when we unintentionally 'teamed up'!

Left his to go home the next day and he's never spoken to me since. His loss "

I did very similar!! My ex left me and then got her preggy, he went on to be violent to her . She threw him out!! Her son is now 6 and we have become good friends, as we talked and decided that for my kids and her son we should be adult about it x x

Having said that , back to revenge!! I once used said ex's toothbrush to clean under rom of the loo!!!

If anyone wants an idea for revenge try this,,, buy some king prawns and push them into a hollow curtain rod.

By *sMinxyWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Or as my sister did, get a can of dog food, meaty chunks in gravy, and feed to hubby as supper !!!

"Or as my sister did, get a can of dog food, meaty chunks in gravy, and feed to hubby as supper !!!"

Thats not to bad many folk eat it as a daily meal I do believe lol

"It wasn't set out to be revenge, I was just trying to make a bad situation better, but I befriended the girl who my ex boyfriend cheated on me with.

Left his to go home the next day and he's never spoken to me since. His loss

I did very similar!! My ex left me and then got her preggy, he went on to be violent to her . She threw him out!! Her son is now 6 and we have become good friends, as we talked and decided that for my kids and her son we should be adult about it x x

Having said that , back to revenge!! I once used said ex's toothbrush to clean under rom of the loo!!! "

Always down to us to be the mature ones!

Don't know what's happening with them now but I really hope they're together and he's a good Dad because I think it could be the making of him. I knew how much he wanted to be a Dad and not mess it up. Should probably hate him for the way he treated me but that's too much effort!

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I don't have one simple yes or no answer... life is too complex for that.

Would I make a dog food pie and give it to someone, no.

Would I go to the trouble of sewing defrosted prawns into someone's jacket lining and soft furnishings, no.

Do I think about revenge when something happens between me and the important people in my life, nope I tend to try and sort it out.

Is it funny as fuck talking about the things you 'could' do with your friends when it is someone on the periphery of your life who is being a cunt....... too fucking damn right it is.... and humour is a great release.

But there are also some situations where I am perfectly happy to stoop to someone else's level and play them at their own game.... not necessarily for revenge as such.

There are times I can be as much of a bitch as the next person, though I tend to word it better ... and then there are other times I choose not to be.... it depends what lines have been crossed.

I have been known to take revenge on people.

I have done it in the heat of the moment and really regretted it, made me feel angry with myself for letting myself down

I have served it cold and never regretted it.

Yes.

Its part of human nature.

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

I have and not very proud of the fact I was, I was told I have a dark side to my nature that did not suit me by someone I love very much. Learnt to bite my tongue and walk away.

Karma does indeed bring its rewards. I think there is more worth and more, dare I say it, satisfaction, in letting Karma work. Certainly, things have a way of turning on those who deserve it, be it ending up old and with a life unfulfilled or even simply, waking up one day and realising what they have done and being tortured by it. Now, is that revenge under another name?

By *alopeteyMan  over a year ago

maghull

tbh can any of us say what we do until thrust into a situation, For me it would really depend on the situation, for instance if some one just dumped me or some thing i would like to think i would just get over it and move on, but i think if anyone ever hurt any of my family or friends, a shit storm would follow that person the likes of which they had never seen.

but they do say " a man with vengeance in his heart, should dig two graves"

but they also say "peace and understanding is the path to enlightenment"

....... "They" say to much lol

"

"

Life is just so much easier, happier, balanced without ongoing thoughts of revenge, it really is

"

Life is just so much easier, happier, balanced without ongoing thoughts of revenge, it really is "

. So absolutely agree

» Add a new message to this topic