FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Near death experiences

Near death experiences

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *Vine OP   Man  over a year ago

The right place

I’ve been listening to a few podcasts from one of the world’s leading experts in the study of near death experiences. It’s fascinating stuff.

Has anyone here had an NDE?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I’ve been listening to a few podcasts from one of the world’s leading experts in the study of near death experiences. It’s fascinating stuff.

Has anyone here had an NDE? "

Sort of yes. After baby no3. Going into theatre for the 3rd time I knew there was a good chance I wasn’t coming out…it wasn’t until after I knew how lucky I was. I’m scared to fuck about dying or not existing. But in that time knowing this was the likely outcome I was ok, calm and logical…making sure everything was in place for the kids and (the now ex husband) knew what to do.

I have no stories of anything after that just a feeling of calm like non other I’d had before acceptance an peace.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I haven't but am hugely interested in it.

Theres some cracking podcasts out there.

Yup, car crash. Rolled in a convertible, have MUCH respect for those pop-up roll bars!

The right place

"I’ve been listening to a few podcasts from one of the world’s leading experts in the study of near death experiences. It’s fascinating stuff.

Has anyone here had an NDE?

Sort of yes. After baby no3. Going into theatre for the 3rd time I knew there was a good chance I wasn’t coming out…it wasn’t until after I knew how lucky I was. I’m scared to fuck about dying or not existing. But in that time knowing this was the likely outcome I was ok, calm and logical…making sure everything was in place for the kids and (the now ex husband) knew what to do.

I have no stories of anything after that just a feeling of calm like non other I’d had before acceptance an peace.

"

That feeling of peace is a common feature. I’m glad you made it through

shits creek

I'm aint scared of dying. I obviously don't want the physical pain of death but as for the rest of it, I'm quite looking forward to it

The right place

"I haven't but am hugely interested in it.

Theres some cracking podcasts out there.

"

Search for Bruce Grayson he’s very easy to listen to.

The right place

"Yup, car crash. Rolled in a convertible, have MUCH respect for those pop-up roll bars!"

That sounds scary. Did you have any experiences of another realm?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Fascinating stuff. My problem is sorting the people who have vhsd genuine experiences from the fantasists

The right place

"Fascinating stuff. My problem is sorting the people who have vhsd genuine experiences from the fantasists "

I agree. Researchers have now compiled a database of thousands of experiences from around the world and different cultures. And key themes start to emerge.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Had a horrible experience of anaphylactic shock whilst on honeymoon. I was very lucky that a doctor was visiting the neighbouring hotel as there’s no way I would have made it to hospital. Gasping for breath was not a nice experience.

The right place

"Had a horrible experience of anaphylactic shock whilst on honeymoon. I was very lucky that a doctor was visiting the neighbouring hotel as there’s no way I would have made it to hospital. Gasping for breath was not a nice experience."

That sounds really horrible.

I think I need to distinguish between experiences of coming close to death and Near Death Experiences where people report the experience of dying and an after life.

"Yup, car crash. Rolled in a convertible, have MUCH respect for those pop-up roll bars!

That sounds scary. Did you have any experiences of another realm? "

No, walked away, picked up a hire car to finish the journey and went on a three day piss up!

Few times yes.

Felt ill in a glacier while sleeping in shepherd hut. Froze my toes made it back after few days with no food but just water.

Stayed in a friend flat while he was on holidays and completely zone out d*unk and 421. Caught fire in the flat and woken up by the fire brigade.

Used to climb on top of roofs while wasted, slipped once and felt on someone balcony… from 10th floor.

Driving back from work a sudden slushy motorway road spin the car and landed on the side missing by a lorry on my left side. He also end up in the dip with few other cars. Same happened few minutes on the other side.

NDE - is that as much about the state of mind and some form of experience feeling as a consequence e.g seeing lights at end of tunnel?

A little different from being nearly killed/dead maybe?

Have been hit in head by axe and involved in a few high speed car crashes. Could have died from any. But not sure had any real experience e from those other than a bit of giggling at the close shave. Never saw the pearly gates or had any real epiphany from the events. Then again I do tend to have the ‘we’re little grains of sand on a small rock in a huge void” type of outlook so probably don’t understand the implications.

It is an interesting connect though.

(Mr).

The right place

"NDE - is that as much about the state of mind and some form of experience feeling as a consequence e.g seeing lights at end of tunnel?

A little different from being nearly killed/dead maybe?

Have been hit in head by axe and involved in a few high speed car crashes. Could have died from any. But not sure had any real experience e from those other than a bit of giggling at the close shave. Never saw the pearly gates or had any real epiphany from the events. Then again I do tend to have the ‘we’re little grains of sand on a small rock in a huge void” type of outlook so probably don’t understand the implications.

It is an interesting connect though.

(Mr). "

Yes, you’re right. An NDE is some sort of experience of leaving the body etc.

Apparently approximately 20% of people whose hearts stop and are resuscitated experience an NDE.

"

Apparently approximately 20% of people whose hearts stop and are resuscitated experience an NDE. "

No, never had one of those then.

When hitchhiking as a teenager I got picked up by some sto*ned joyriders (I found out once in car) who drove about 90mph, jumping every red light and overtaking anyone in their way. I sat quietly waiting to die then after about half an hour they suddenly stopped and let me out in middle of nowhere!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Only the once but nothing floating away seeing white lights etc.

Just what seemed like an eternity, after being caught by a rip tide, bouncing from the seabed back up to the surface to gasp for air as a wave crashed over and pushed me down again. All I could think of was the stupid row I’d had with my folks that morning and how much energy have I got to keep repeating this bounce and gasp.

Took me 32 years to venture back into the sea.

By *issAphroditeWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

No, but I witnessed my dad go into a second cardiac arrest whilst already wired up to an ECG after having a heart attack a couple of hours or so beforehand. Really scary and I completely froze.

I've had too many close calls in my chosen careers and seen too many who have gone to the other side.

However I stacked my motorbike into a car that decided to do a u turn on a dual carriageway. Oddly enough no broken bones at 70mph but my heart stopped. I remember watching from above as a couple were doing CPR on me in the middle of the road.

Next thing I remember is waking up in hospital and asking the doctor where they were. He didn't know but promised to find out. In the end a paramedic popped in the following day to see if I was ok. He said if it were not for a couple keeping my heart going via CPR then I wouldn't of made it. When I told him what I saw he didn't seem surprised and said he has come across similar people experiencing nde. He said some have a bad nde and they turn into unpleasant beings. A really deep conversation followed.

By *rad670Man  over a year ago

South Lakes

A few but the nearest was clinging on the last meter of a sinking boat seven miles out to sea before being rescued.

shits creek

"I've had too many close calls in my chosen careers and seen too many who have gone to the other side.

However I stacked my motorbike into a car that decided to do a u turn on a dual carriageway. Oddly enough no broken bones at 70mph but my heart stopped. I remember watching from above as a couple were doing CPR on me in the middle of the road.

Next thing I remember is waking up in hospital and asking the doctor where they were. He didn't know but promised to find out. In the end a paramedic popped in the following day to see if I was ok. He said if it were not for a couple keeping my heart going via CPR then I wouldn't of made it. When I told him what I saw he didn't seem surprised and said he has come across similar people experiencing nde. He said some have a bad nde and they turn into unpleasant beings. A really deep conversation followed.

"

So much this.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I got hit by a car went flying in the air. Last thing I actually properly remember is the lights just before she hit me and then nothing until I hit the floor. Thank goodness for my big arse. But there was no panic or anything like that as I went up in the air and I didn't loose conciousness. Was a bit euphoric in a very strange and bizarre way.

By *.R.MMan  over a year ago

Norfolk

Yeah I got run over

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I once undercooked my husbands bacon.

"

Apparently approximately 20% of people whose hearts stop and are resuscitated experience an NDE.

No, never had one of those then. "

oh, nor me then!

Renovating a Victorian villa for myself and had taken it back to original including sash windows and I was there alone as my blokes were on another job thankfully.

I had artexed the dinning room lounge ceiling and worked shirtless as it was summer and my hairy upper body was covered in blobs of artex.

A friend had arsked me to make him a half drum BBQ so I had picked up a 55gallon drum from a paint stripping place I used and it had been in the front garden for ages so I decided that if I cut it in half I could keep half and get rid of the other half therefore clearing it away from site.

So the house was about a month away from being finished and like a cunt I brought the drum into the living room and marked it up and plugged the grinder in

Being a melt i didn’t vent it or wash it out because paint stripping acid is not dangerous is it?????

School boy error!!!

As I started to cut along my neat line I remember thinking “this is going to take ages” and then I woke up sitting on a chair on the path outside my house with some random holding a tea towel over my face and as I woke up I saw my artex blobbed upper hairy body was covered in blood and then I saw a crowd of around 30 people around me and the road closed off by fire engines and ambulances and I could hear the jabbering of the crowd and heard someone say “ ohhh he has lost an eye”!!!!

I checked and I hadn’t,then I checked my bollocks and I had two still but my face was pretty fucked up to be fair.

Turns out when I broke through into the drum the METHERNOL* capers exploded and the lid and angel grinder went bounced off my face and went through the ceiling and first floor.

Every window in the house blew out and it was pure luck no one was passing by at the time or the flying glass could have killed them.

I blacked ou for around 20 minutes but was still moving around as there was bloody hand prints and trails of blood from the living room to the front door.

I was close to death but extremely lucky and the up side was I had a week off work and got £600 insurance pay out and look bloody hard because of the face scars but the downside was

that for years the running joke was to ask me to make them a BBQ!!!!

Tony

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The brain is obviously capable of producing a huge range of experiences as our perception. Starve it of Oxygen and possibly damage it and it would be natural to expect it to alter experience very substantially. I'd be looking at what will definitely happen when physical life stops, as the expected source of our experiences, before imposing mystical explanations.

"I once undercooked my husbands bacon. "

You animal!!!!!!!

The right place

"The brain is obviously capable of producing a huge range of experiences as our perception. Starve it of Oxygen and possibly damage it and it would be natural to expect it to alter experience very substantially. I'd be looking at what will definitely happen when physical life stops, as the expected source of our experiences, before imposing mystical explanations. "

The research shows that people with more oxygen (not less) are more likely to have the mystical experiences. The research is by proper medics not quacks

By *wantfun1875Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

I had a cardiac arrest playing football. My heart stopped for 15 minutes. After cpr and 5 shocks on the defib I came back round. Adrenaline pumped into me too. I had to be strapped to the gurney because I was pushing everyone away saying I’m ok and want to carry on. So Iv been told.

While I was under anaesthetic I had a vision of being in a garden. My Dad was there, I was so happy to see him but he kept saying "No, not yet" I told him I wanted to stay but he said "no" it was very serene and peaceful and I was upset at having to leave.

I was told later that they had trouble waking me from the anaesthetic...

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Hitting a car at 60 when it pulled out in front of me. The last few seconds I remember was feeling relaxed, sort of at peace. Which was nice, as the landing on the back of my head and rolling head over heels for a bit was anything but.

I had concussion and a blister on my toe, the helmet was absolutely wrecked.

Still can't get over the feeling before the impact.

Used to hang around in a group as a teen with Charles Ng google it always seemed tense and aggressive got into a bit of bother in later life ! that could have been a close shave....

giving birth to twins, I was in the most wonderful relaxed peaceful sleep, but was aware I was in this zen like state is the only way I can describe it.I've never had a peacful nights sleep in my life! .I was bloody loving it!

At the same time in the distance there was an awareness I/my body was being rolled from side to side, it kind of annoyed me! I just wanted to be left alone, to be in this lovely place. I remember hearing the words last one.

Turns out I was hemorrhaging in spectacular fashion, the rolling was them changing the sheets as it just wouldn't stop. The last one, was something to do with the transfusions, not sure what.

But yea, nearly bloody died!

Not sure if what I experienced was near death or loads of morphine and drugs! Haha!

But it's a lovely feeling I've never forgotten

A friend has from a serious suicide attempt. I told her most of what she experienced before she told me it all as I've done a ton of research on the subject. Look up Dr Peter Fenwick, adore him.

[Removed by poster at 10/07/21 02:17:32]

"Renovating a Victorian villa for myself and had taken it back to original including sash windows and I was there alone as my blokes were on another job thankfully.

I had artexed the dinning room lounge ceiling and worked shirtless as it was summer and my hairy upper body was covered in blobs of artex.

A friend had arsked me to make him a half drum BBQ so I had picked up a 55gallon drum from a paint stripping place I used and it had been in the front garden for ages so I decided that if I cut it in half I could keep half and get rid of the other half therefore clearing it away from site.

So the house was about a month away from being finished and like a cunt I brought the drum into the living room and marked it up and plugged the grinder in

Being a melt i didn’t vent it or wash it out because paint stripping acid is not dangerous is it?????

School boy error!!!

As I started to cut along my neat line I remember thinking “this is going to take ages” and then I woke up sitting on a chair on the path outside my house with some random holding a tea towel over my face and as I woke up I saw my artex blobbed upper hairy body was covered in blood and then I saw a crowd of around 30 people around me and the road closed off by fire engines and ambulances and I could hear the jabbering of the crowd and heard someone say “ ohhh he has lost an eye”!!!!

I checked and I hadn’t,then I checked my bollocks and I had two still but my face was pretty fucked up to be fair.

Turns out when I broke through into the drum the METHERNOL* capers exploded and the lid and angel grinder went bounced off my face and went through the ceiling and first floor.

Every window in the house blew out and it was pure luck no one was passing by at the time or the flying glass could have killed them.

I blacked ou for around 20 minutes but was still moving around as there was bloody hand prints and trails of blood from the living room to the front door.

I was close to death but extremely lucky and the up side was I had a week off work and got £600 insurance pay out and look bloody hard because of the face scars but the downside was

that for years the running joke was to ask me to make them a BBQ!!!!

Tony"

F

Bloody hell! I don't know what's worst, the accident or the fact you were putting artex ceilings in a Victorian villa!

"While I was under anaesthetic I had a vision of being in a garden. My Dad was there, I was so happy to see him but he kept saying "No, not yet" I told him I wanted to stay but he said "no" it was very serene and peaceful and I was upset at having to leave.

I was told later that they had trouble waking me from the anaesthetic... "

I got a bit emot then x have a 15 second hug

"Only the once but nothing floating away seeing white lights etc.

Just what seemed like an eternity, after being caught by a rip tide, bouncing from the seabed back up to the surface to gasp for air as a wave crashed over and pushed me down again. All I could think of was the stupid row I’d had with my folks that morning and how much energy have I got to keep repeating this bounce and gasp.

Took me 32 years to venture back into the sea. "

Feckin hell! I can only begin to imagine! That's fucking traumatic!

Sidenote; love yout profile pic outfit, I want one!

"While I was under anaesthetic I had a vision of being in a garden. My Dad was there, I was so happy to see him but he kept saying "No, not yet" I told him I wanted to stay but he said "no" it was very serene and peaceful and I was upset at having to leave.

I got a bit emot then x have a 15 second hug "

I've never replied on a forum before this, but this whole thread was a good read and a bit heartwarming.

I've listened to a few Rogan podcasts where they've discussed the fact that when you die and dream your brain produces DMT, the strongest psychedelic compound we know of.

Might explain how the dream like visions but witnessing something from above your own dying body, is something else, might be that there's something more to seemingly meaningful dreams and trips..?

I've never replied on a forum before this, but this whole thread was a good read and a bit heartwarming.

I've listened to a few Rogan podcasts where they've discussed the fact that when you die and dream your brain produces DMT, the strongest psychedelic compound we know of.

Might explain how the dream like visions but witnessing something from above your own dying body, is something else, might be that there's something more to seemingly meaningful dreams and trips..?"

Welcome to the twilight zone

Might explain how the dream like visions but witnessing something from above your own dying body, is something else, might be that there's something more to seemingly meaningful dreams and trips..?

Welcome to the twilight zone "

I won't lie, I've never watched the twilight zone..

"giving birth to twins, I was in the most wonderful relaxed peaceful sleep, but was aware I was in this zen like state is the only way I can describe it.I've never had a peacful nights sleep in my life! .I was bloody loving it!

At the same time in the distance there was an awareness I/my body was being rolled from side to side, it kind of annoyed me! I just wanted to be left alone, to be in this lovely place. I remember hearing the words last one.

Turns out I was hemorrhaging in spectacular fashion, the rolling was them changing the sheets as it just wouldn't stop. The last one, was something to do with the transfusions, not sure what.

But yea, nearly bloody died!

Not sure if what I experienced was near death or loads of morphine and drugs! Haha!

But it's a lovely feeling I've never forgotten "

Reading that made me tearful. So glad you came out of it. I do believe there is more out there than what we know

I got a bit emot then x have a 15 second hug "

I would hug you right back

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

After receiving a head injury in a works accident , the ambulance had to stop s route to the hospital so both of the crew could resuscitate me , I awoke the next unaware of what had happened and where I was

As a kid I was crossing a road on the way home from school and was hit by an old style Bedford van ( late 70s ) as I was going across to pet a horse

According to what I've been told the van driver didn't stop but a bus driver did and emptied his bus and took me to hospital

Recieved a lumberpuncture and required blood

My older brother n sister told my parents what happened

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Went into status epilepticus a couple of times when my fits first started and hadn't been brought under control.

Got told later that it could have killed me if I hadn't been brought to hospital.

It was very lucky that I wasn't on my own the first time it happened.

Bad Parachute jump, collided with another parachutist in the air.

Luckily my parachute opened before hitting the ground, managed to walk away with just a decent bruise. Very lucky

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

I was in the back of a classic mini, which lost control, bounced over a central reservation and crashed head on into a bus, which knocked it back across the road where a pickup truck rammed into the back of us.

As it was a classic, it had no seat belt in the back and upon hitting the cental kerb I was flung into the roof.

When I regained my senses, I was laying across the top of the front seats and the back seats. They had been crushed up against each other.

If I'd had a seat belt I'd have been a pancake.

Um....a gun pointed at my head while a baton was choking me

Slipped off a cliff in sark and dangled above the water hanging from a pole

Lol

3am sat on the giant blades of a extractor fan in a factory roof working on the vents ,they had been put on a timer to come on at 3am, should have been switched off ,by pure chance fuse had blown that day , otherwise they would have chopped me to pieces

Motorcycle crash at donington,was in ice for 4 months, remember waking up after a few days,maybe it was the drugs,but I'm sure I had an out of body experience,but don't know for sure

I haven’t had a NDE where I needed resuscitated but i have been inches away from bullets to the head whilst serving in the Middle East, horrible realisation on how quickly it could happen

I had anaphalatic shock from a wasp sting at silverstone race track watching the british touring cars ...I joined the race in a st jons ambulance so they could get me to the medical centre with full resusitation facilities ..I can honestly say I saw my life flash before me like a video running backwards ..it lasted about 3 minutes .i knew I was going to die I wasnt afraid ..I wasnt in panic .I felt at peace ...Obviousy my life was saved but it colours the rest of your life ...I know that wasnt my day to die it will happen another day .

By *ustdaveHantsMan  over a year ago

chippenham

Hmmmmm hang on a minute.... (bends over) ill just open my box of war stories

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

In the Army a couple of times, gun pointed at my head on the firing range was the most serious.

Motorbike accident almost under a HGV a few years ago.

Taxi car crash.

Heart Attack in June.

I do think I’ve managed to avoid death than got close to it.

Has anyone here had an NDE? "

Swimming off the coast of Florida (d*unk). I’d never encountered a riptide since I’m from a state with lakes and that was my first introduction. Luckily, only got dragged out a few meters. Worst part was the confusion and not being able to take a breath or get footing on the sand.

Don’t drink and swim, you’ll die.

Last month i took myself to a&e after being told it would be quicker than waiting for an ambulance. The 1st triage nurse seem to have an urgent need to see me while i was sitting in the waiting room passing out but after that no one else did.

Turns out i was bleeding internally and if i was left till the morning like they wanted to it would have been too late, all because my pains weren't as bad as a 10 and they weren't where they would have expected them to be.

Woke up after emergency surgery to be told just how much blood and where it was

That explained the pains high in my diaphragm

By *ustdaveHantsMan  over a year ago

chippenham

"Last month i took myself to a&e after being told it would be quicker than waiting for an ambulance. The 1st triage nurse seem to have an urgent need to see me while i was sitting in the waiting room passing out but after that no one else did.

Turns out i was bleeding internally and if i was left till the morning like they wanted to it would have been too late, all because my pains weren't as bad as a 10 and they weren't where they would have expected them to be.

Woke up after emergency surgery to be told just how much blood and where it was

That explained the pains high in my diaphragm "

Are you better now? Sounds horrendous xx

"Are you better now? Sounds horrendous xx"

Am getting there, currently off work till the end of the month, so feeling fed up as i still can't do a lot. Apparently healing takes time. But i am alive and kicking and thanking my lucky stars

I had a cardiac arrest on aug 18th,,,

Bit of a shocker.

Better every day

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

I nearly drowned on two separate occasions...

LvM

Called my mother a fat cow! When I was eleven years old definitely thought I was going to die that day

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I saw my life proper flash before my eyes when I got run over, but it wasn’t a life or death situation, more a foot or no foot situation.

» Add a new message to this topic