FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Online grocery shopping

Online grocery shopping

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Having two pre school children and my house being set back off the road, I use Asda regular, takes so much stress away.

Who else gets there food shop online??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I live on my own with 2 pets, and cannot justify online shopping.

Besides, I like the personal interactions with the staff at the local supermarket that I frequent.

Those behind the counters know what I am after the moment they see me.

And I like a little chat with the regulars behind the tills too.

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

I do as easy than trying to find things in shop

we do because we havnt got a car, and the nearest town is 6 miles away.

"I live on my own with 2 pets, and cannot justify online shopping.

Besides, I like the personal interactions with the staff at the local supermarket that I frequent.

Those behind the counters know what I am after the moment they see me.

And I like a little chat with the regulars behind the tills too.

"

I go to local shops for day to day items so can relate to this

Not tried it before, i like to select the longer length dates and sometimes i might see an alternative on the shelf that id not perhaps id see if i was shopping online

eg,, i normally get a 400g warburtons wholemeal loaf for a week but decided to get some wholemeal pitta bread instead. (i only use bread for sarnies)

"we do because we havnt got a car, and the nearest town is 6 miles away."

I don't have a car either, the delivery cost is cheaper than a taxi

Ive recently started using online shopping as I have taken the car off the road to see how it improves my fitness walking places I would normally drive and how it would improve my bank balance by not having a car.

So far I'm lovin online shopping, easy to change your order, easy to browse as it shows you alternatives and if you pick the right slot it can be very cost effective.

They deliver to where you want, right into the kitchen if you choose and if they have subsituted an item you can hand it back.

One of the delivery drivers is very very cute as well.

Wish I had done it years ago as I cant find a fault with the service

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I could do it for tins and packets and loo roll and stuff like that...... but I am so fussy when it comes to fruit and veg. I will dig around looking for the right size onions and check each one to make sure it's not going soft. I can't just pick up any old bunch of bananas, I want the right size and the right ripeness. I want the freshest mushrooms, the softest peaches, the spuds without marks on them and if they are for baking they need to be the same size.

If I can't find what I want I would sooner leave it and find something else.

I'm the same with meat... I want the longest use by date, the right size steaks with the least fat, the gammon steaks with the least fat... and so on.

No way am I letting them chuck the first one to hand into my shopping.

I did online shopping when I couldn't get out of the house. It's great, but there was always something not quite right. I also like to pick my own fruit and veg. Online is sometimes better for bargains. And no fresh baked bread smell that you get tempting you in store!

"I could do it for tins and packets and loo roll and stuff like that...... but I am so fussy when it comes to fruit and veg. I will dig around looking for the right size onions and check each one to make sure it's not going soft. I can't just pick up any old bunch of bananas, I want the right size and the right ripeness. I want the freshest mushrooms, the softest peaches, the spuds without marks on them and if they are for baking they need to be the same size.

If I can't find what I want I would sooner leave it and find something else.

I'm the same with meat... I want the longest use by date, the right size steaks with the least fat, the gammon steaks with the least fat... and so on.

No way am I letting them chuck the first one to hand into my shopping.

"

I go for the short-dated meat with the most fat at discounted prices, then stick them in the freezer or eat the following day or two.

I do miss picking my own fruit , veg and meat, but it a sacrifice i make to keep my sanity Haha

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I used to use supermarkets just for dry goods etc. I always bought meat, fruit and veg on a local market. When my Mum died, cos I used to shop with her, I didn't go and started using the supermarket for everything.

I've recently gone back to using local shops for my meat and veg. I'm saving a fortune compared to the supermarket. And the quality is much better, plus I can get the amount I want rather than what the supermarket wants to sell me

"Having two pre school children and my house being set back off the road, I use Asda regular, takes so much stress away.

Who else gets there food shop online??"

I do online food shopping pretty regularly!!!

Domino's, Pizza Hut, several local curry houses, the odd chinese and even a local kebab shop!!

Kinda important not to drive to Asda after consuming your own bodyweight in booze!

"Having two pre school children and my house being set back off the road, I use Asda regular, takes so much stress away.

Who else gets there food shop online??

I do online food shopping pretty regularly!!!

Domino's, Pizza Hut, several local curry houses, the odd chinese and even a local kebab shop!!

Kinda important not to drive to Asda after consuming your own bodyweight in booze! "

Haha trust you

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Not tried it before, i like to select the longer length dates and sometimes i might see an alternative on the shelf that id not perhaps id see if i was shopping online

eg,, i normally get a 400g warburtons wholemeal loaf for a week but decided to get some wholemeal pitta bread instead. (i only use bread for sarnies)"

Lol that's funny how you provide a specific example

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I go to the supermarket it means I then get to talk to people

By *ummy mummyWoman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

I have been doing online shopping for ages as I do not drive and have 3 young kids..but this summer I did shopping at Aldi and for the hell of it inputted everything I had just bought into tesco online to see the difference...Tesco was £22.50 more expensive so I have been using aldi ever since. Get the bus in with the kids and then a taxi home after,costs the same for taxi as delivery would

"I go to the supermarket it means I then get to talk to people "

You're just using my tactics - flirting with the checkout chicks!

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"I go to the supermarket it means I then get to talk to people

You're just using my tactics - flirting with the checkout chicks! "

no I am not as good as you....you are the master!!!

By *rben112Man  over a year ago

worcester

The closest shop t my house is 10 minutes away and supermarket 20 so online shopping is great.

Although I had a bad experience with Asda. When it came all the frozen was defrosted. I refused the shop and they promised it would be replaved the next day. It didnt turn up and was then promised each day on and still no shows (like a couple last week !)

I gave up and all they offered me was a free delivery on the next shop. Not been back since.

Not me, much prefer to shop around, I use the internet to see who is selling the cheapest of what I need to buy, like washing powder or cat food, then I go wherever it is. I also prefer to buy reduced stuff, can't do that on the internet, also one has to spend so much and I don't do that in one supermarket

» Add a new message to this topic