FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > roll over and take it or fight for your rights?

roll over and take it or fight for your rights?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i am in an ongoing battle with HTC after they completely botched up a repair on my phone that was less than a year old.

after receiving a frankly laughable ofer of compensation this eening i posted on the HTC UK facebook wall outlining what a joke they were.

the response i got was simply i should be happy that they followed the minimum they have to by law and i should be happy with the offer of a case and screen protector in compensation for amost £100 out of pocket costs to my during the month they had my phone.

so...do you just roll over and acept what companies tell you is policy or do you fight for your rights?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

Let's put it this way have a family full of solicitors and legal that all owe me favors. Also on first name terms with MP.

Tell them you see them first in court and then the media. You can do small claims court cheaply

dudley

"Let's put it this way have a family full of solicitors and legal that all owe me favors. Also on first name terms with MP.

Tell them you see them first in court and then the media. You can do small claims court cheaply"

Forgot to say good luck

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You fight for your rights. If you send an item to a manufacturer for a repair it should be repaired. Simple as that. Whether its done under warranty or you're paying for it.

Keep bombarding them with emails and phone calls (log the date, time and duration of the calls and always get a name), threaten to go to the BBC's Watchdog programme and possibly start a thread on the HTC forum website.

If you say to them that 'it is not fit for purpose' and you will go to an ombudsman and are willing to take them to the small claims court you should get a more psoitive response.

Also do what sparks says.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

[Removed by poster at 23/08/12 21:46:30]

dirtybigbadsgirlville

there is only one person i dont question and accept what they say and thats Bigbad.....ao Evie...im gonna say fight xx

I have exactly the same problem with two HTC fones, cant get internet or mail one and cant answer incoming calls on the other - do they or three care - nope, but this weekend they sure as hell are gonna do something about them

Every one loves a good fight! I'm about to start a good one with a fairly large company! I know I won't win but even if I cause them a little grief I will feel more happy. A little pleasure inside!

fight 4 ur rites if u roll over n except wot they say as gospel they just walk all over u without a second thort ,,,,,gud luk ,,,,

I always, always always fight for my rights and will go to the end of the road to get where I need to be.

I'm a bloody good letter writer and am well versed in formulating constructive letters of complaint which on most occasions achieve results.

I never roll over and play dead

evesham

i was just shocked at the amount of people who said 'you got a new phone what are you moaning about?'!!

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"i was just shocked at the amount of people who said 'you got a new phone what are you moaning about?'!!

"

some people are easily pleased

Watchdog the wankers and don't have any more personal contact with them. They'll soon be in touch when adverse publicity in imminent.

You should find something worthwhile to fight for, not a phone.

It depends on my mood, and the amount of efforts that may be involved.

evesham

"You should find something worthwhile to fight for, not a phone."

my life is obviously sad and empty...or perhaps that just the snapshot you see of it

this is just the topic du jour

If u have paid good money for a working fone and it doesnt work then it is worthwhile to fight for it ..... do u put up with shoddy goods that dont do what they say on the tin then? .........

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

take it all the way, as far as you can and are happy in doing..

good luck

dudley

"i was just shocked at the amount of people who said 'you got a new phone what are you moaning about?'!!

"

Sale of goods act and consumer both state that you are allowed to expect reasonable compensation if they do not preform. Whenever you start has stated elsewhere time date name and what was said. I have diary that I have always used never fails to make them eat their words. Done a few big companies in past including 3 got CEO name and direct line and their head of legal fucked them twelve ways to Sunday

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

disagree, matters not what the 'item' is..

if the service or product has fallen below par etc then there is a principle at stake..

If you paid for a new television or laptop and it didn't work you wouldn't just throw them away and buy another, would you?

dudley

"You should find something worthwhile to fight for, not a phone.

disagree, matters not what the 'item' is..

if the service or product has fallen below par etc then there is a principle at stake..

"

"i am in an ongoing battle with HTC after they completely botched up a repair on my phone that was less than a year old.

after receiving a frankly laughable ofer of compensation this eening i posted on the HTC UK facebook wall outlining what a joke they were.

the response i got was simply i should be happy that they followed the minimum they have to by law and i should be happy with the offer of a case and screen protector in compensation for amost £100 out of pocket costs to my during the month they had my phone.

so...do you just roll over and acept what companies tell you is policy or do you fight for your rights?"

Small claims court is the best option. It will cost you a few quid but if you are pissed off it will cost them a up to a grand in legal costs if it goes through. They will cave and offer you a decent offer as its then cheaper for them.

"i am in an ongoing battle with HTC after they completely botched up a repair on my phone that was less than a year old.

so...do you just roll over and acept what companies tell you is policy or do you fight for your rights?

Small claims court is the best option. It will cost you a few quid but if you are pissed off it will cost them a up to a grand in legal costs if it goes through. They will cave and offer you a decent offer as its then cheaper for them. "

They could also refuse to cave in and call your bluff. If you lose, it could cost you a grand .....

Beware when going to these lengths unless you have bloody good legal advice and a watertight case.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

To be honest there are not enough details to make an objective comment , was it a warranty repair why out of pocket 100 what iwas the botch , what is condition of phone now are you in contract

Small claims can be useful but I have to to clarify that if you fight a case there is a risk of costs being awarded against you over and above the costs you have to pay to bring the case.

Provided the case stays Small Claims (if not see a lawyer immediately and PAY!) then the risk of costs against you is quite small and if any are awarded they are restricted to a short list of limited fees rather than the free-ranging legal fees in larger cases.

On the general point I've always found HTC phones fairly reliable although I've rooted and re-flashed every one I've ever owned (and I've just gone Samsung and done the same) but I'm a die hard geek. So my knowledge of their customer services is non existent.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

In general, under UK law, your claim is against the retailer, rather than manufacturer.

I strongly believe in consumer rights, and pay no attention to anything like '12' months guarantees, as you're likely covered for considerably longer, under consumer protection law, both UK and EU.

Have you pursued this against the retailer already? In the small claims court, if you claim against the wrong body, your claim is likely canceled and costs awarded against you.

The Sale of Goods Act covers you against the retailer.

You can find your nearest Trading Standards office here, by searching - http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/advice/index.cfm

Good luck!!

» Add a new message to this topic