FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > First message

First message

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What do people like to see/receive in a first message?

A lot of profiles say don’t ask how I’m doing it etc but to me, all that small talk is conversation starters.

Curious to see what people want from an opener

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

You'll get as many different answers as you get responses to your thread to be honest, there really is no magic formula guaranteed to get a response so the only advice I have is generic - include a little about yourself and why you're contacting them and comment on something from their profile, invite them to look at your profile and get back to them if they are interested in talking further.

Be polite and respectful and don't make the mistake of being crude or diving in with sex chat.

Remember that people will likely look at your profile before even considering opening your message so make sure that is up to scratch too.

It's also worth noting that sending endless blind messages to people you've never interacted with can be a frustrating way to approach the site - there are other ways (such as the forums and chat rooms) that might work better for you if you're finding the obvious way isn't working for you.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wow, never seen anyone ask this question before

If you're looking for a magic template OP, I have news for you.

There isn't one.

Firstly, people don't like receiving a message that you've very clearly copied and pasted to all and sundry.

The best piece of advice I can give you is to READ THEIR PROFILE

Once you have done that, you should be able to craft a message that is specific to that person - or couple - and that appeals to their interests.

However.....

Be aware that before even thinking about opening a message from you, the recipient will usually take a look at your profile first, and if they either don't like it or don't think that you're a good match for them, they will likely ignore or delete your message.

So, going back to my comment about READING THEIR PROFILE, you need to make sure that you're likely to be a good fit for what they're looking for before you even message them.

I mean, if you were to message a Domminatrix, claiming to be a sub in your message, you had better be sure that your profile doesn't contradict you by stating that you're a Dom - just as an example

"What do people like to see/receive in a first message?

A lot of profiles say don’t ask how I’m doing it etc but to me, all that small talk is conversation starters.

Curious to see what people want from an opener "

I've tried different angles I'm come to the conclusion I'm a ugly fucker but yer how to start a proper msg obviously it's harder for single blokes I've tried how's ur day, stright to the point, complementing and answering there questions on profile but not much luck

I just had a quick look at your profile. You should put a picture up. You know yourself online dating is totally different to the real world.

Just to clarify, not looking for some magic formula - I’m not bothered if I get replies or not as not desperate to speak to everyone and meet everyone.

It’s just an interesting discussion point I’ve never seen on here before

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"Just to clarify, not looking for some magic formula - I’m not bothered if I get replies or not as not desperate to speak to everyone and meet everyone.

It’s just an interesting discussion point I’ve never seen on here before "

Do a forum search "first message" there will be fuck loads.

"Just to clarify, not looking for some magic formula - I’m not bothered if I get replies or not as not desperate to speak to everyone and meet everyone.

Do a forum search "first message" there will be fuck loads."

Very good point… haha

Do a forum search "first message" there will be fuck loads."

Or 'Opening message'. Fuck loads of those too

I guess you can call me lazy instead of searching I started my own haha

» Add a new message to this topic