FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Live near work

Live near work

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usman 199 OP   Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Morning all I live about 40 mins from work good points and bad points good you can wind down on way home bad seems to take forever going what about you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I live about 500 yards from mine so I just have a brisk walk

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Used to live a five-minute walk from the office.

Then they relocated the office, and it tripled my commute to fifteen minutes.

Now I work in my front room.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

7 miles i was 135 miles but now operate locally thank god

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

About 100 steps

By *an4funMan  over a year ago

london

Working from home during this pandemic has given me back 2 hours a day which is so precious. I don't miss the stress of the commute although I know I will be back on those sweaty, packed tube trains soon.

An ideal compromise would be working within walking distance of my place of work

Stockport

"About 100 steps "
Morning Nora is that good or bad

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

I live 14 miles away from work takes about 15mins

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"About 100 steps Morning Nora is that good or bad "

It’s good. My office is at home. It’s very good

Stockport

"About 100 steps Morning Nora is that good or bad

It’s good. My office is at home. It’s very good "

stupid boy should of realised

By *itvclaireTV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

Takes me about 30 mins in the morning, usually double that to get home. Buy of having to drive through the city centre.

XX

I live about a 40 minute walk from work so I get a nice walk there and back

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

visiting the beach

About 5000 miles, which is probably why working from home is a good option.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

About 15 mins drive away for me

I live a mile and a half away from the office but because of limited onsite parking I would have to use the park & ride facility which takes up to 40 mins each way.

I could have walked to work but I never wanted to get sweaty when I am dressed smart, clean and freshly made up as I would feel a mess all day.

Now I work from home and so my commute is to the living room.... I love working from home.

NBVN x

By *rishman75Man  over a year ago

Chessington/epsom

45 mins each way to work and home and I love the commute and checking out the ladies .

3 days a week I have a 57 miles each way to work. Takes between 1hr 10 and 1hr 20.

The other 2 days I work from home.

Depending on whether I use the bike or van it's 30-35mins bike 50-80mins van. The bikes more fun

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

When I was working it was a half hour drive or an hour and a half train journey

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

3 miles.

So 45 minute walk, 15 mins on the bus plus waiting for bus time providing traffic is clear, or 30-40 mins on the bus if traffic is being a cunt and mofos keep getting on and off the bus including people who can't find their ticket, their purse, their brain etc.

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Up till last year I lived on site, which sadly meant I was easily accessible if anything went wrong, and I had no home/work life separation.

Stockport

"3 miles.

So 45 minute walk, 15 mins on the bus plus waiting for bus time providing traffic is clear, or 30-40 mins on the bus if traffic is being a cunt and mofos keep getting on and off the bus including people who can't find their ticket, their purse, their brain etc."

Morning my friend me being a bus driver people looking for ticket pain in the arse

I largely work from home, however my main office is only 5 mins drive away. Really handy and allows me time for other stuff.

However, some days ( like today ) I have to commute a hundred miles to Bristol which is a total ball-ache and I hate the journey

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I live about 120 miles from work, fortunately they're letting me work from home atm.

shits creek

"3 miles.

So 45 minute walk, 15 mins on the bus plus waiting for bus time providing traffic is clear, or 30-40 mins on the bus if traffic is being a cunt and mofos keep getting on and off the bus including people who can't find their ticket, their purse, their brain etc.Morning my friend me being a bus driver people looking for ticket pain in the arse "

I have a question. You know when people are being pricks and not listening when you say "no, you're ticket isn't valid" (or similar) and they're standing there trying to bully you into letting them on... would you be thankful if the passengers had your back kinda thing? If they supported you as a collective and told the pricks to get the hell off the bus before they let the midget at them because if she's late for work she loses money and doesn't appreciate idiots fucking with her income?

The midget being me. I may get rage and often already have thought about drop kicking them out the bus door.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I live 10mins away although usually pick other folk up so it takes longer.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Short stroll to the garden office or 20 min drive if I decide to go in to the real one.

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

visiting the beach

"3 miles.

So 45 minute walk, 15 mins on the bus plus waiting for bus time providing traffic is clear, or 30-40 mins on the bus if traffic is being a cunt and mofos keep getting on and off the bus including people who can't find their ticket, their purse, their brain etc.Morning my friend me being a bus driver people looking for ticket pain in the arse

I have a question. You know when people are being pricks and not listening when you say "no, you're ticket isn't valid" (or similar) and they're standing there trying to bully you into letting them on... would you be thankful if the passengers had your back kinda thing? If they supported you as a collective and told the pricks to get the hell off the bus before they let the midget at them because if she's late for work she loses money and doesn't appreciate idiots fucking with her income?

The midget being me. I may get rage and often already have thought about drop kicking them out the bus door.

"

*note to self*

Be careful of midgets on buses.

"3 miles.

So 45 minute walk, 15 mins on the bus plus waiting for bus time providing traffic is clear, or 30-40 mins on the bus if traffic is being a cunt and mofos keep getting on and off the bus including people who can't find their ticket, their purse, their brain etc.Morning my friend me being a bus driver people looking for ticket pain in the arse

The midget being me. I may get rage and often already have thought about drop kicking them out the bus door. "

I work from home so don’t need to go on the bus … but this has made me want to if only to watch

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

We live on site

shits creek

"3 miles.

I work from home so don’t need to go on the bus … but this has made me want to if only to watch "

I was mighty close the week before last. My headphones came out, my rucksack came off my back and I was on my feet in the "chaaaaaaaaarge" position. Group of lads doing exactly as described above and one of them had his hand hovering over the emergency stop button on the outside of the bus. I knew if he pressed it I was late for work so in my head I was gonna make it worthwhile.

I can't deny I was a little disappointed when he didn't press it. I may need to meditate more.

"3 miles.

I work from home so don’t need to go on the bus … but this has made me want to if only to watch

I was mighty close the week before last. My headphones came out, my rucksack came off my back and I was on my feet in the "chaaaaaaaaarge" position. Group of lads doing exactly as described above and one of them had his hand hovering over the emergency stop button on the outside of the bus. I knew if he pressed it I was late for work so in my head I was gonna make it worthwhile.

I can't deny I was a little disappointed when he didn't press it. I may need to meditate more."

“So in my head I was going to make it worthwhile”

Awww how deflating … selfish gits getting you all excited for a bit of aggro before work and they don’t even press the buttonnnnn x

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

10 miles, takes about half hour max to get there

By *moothshaftMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Currently furloughed, working part time just up the road so I cycle!

I've taken a hiatus. I did commute 3 hours a day, then I did some work telford way.

50 minutes drive. I live in the sticks. Only time it gets annoying is during blizzards.50 minutes ends up being 2 hours.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

10 minutes for 6 years then 20 minutes (moved offices into town) for 2 years now a couple of minutes (home working). After commuting since I left school it's a blessing!

» Add a new message to this topic