FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Blocking

Blocking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why do some people type a massage and then block? I see it so childish. Just be a grown up about it lol xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

They change their mind OP ....its allowed .

"They change their mind OP ....its allowed ."

I suppose yeah I have to agree. But adults kind of sort the problem out. But yeah opinions do matter

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We do it to stop them wasting their time.

Tony

"We do it to stop them wasting their time.

Tony"

I see it as very child like behaviour. Its so difficult to express meaning in a message and it can be taken the wrong way so easily

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Sometimes they feel that whatever they say is being ignored so lose the heart to explain it yet again.

"We do it to stop them wasting their time.

Tony

I see it as very child like behaviour. Its so difficult to express meaning in a message and it can be taken the wrong way so easily "

It’s their right to do so if they please.

It’s fairly pointless trying to understand someone’s motivations, just move on

By *batMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"

I see it as very child like behaviour. Its so difficult to express meaning in a message and it can be taken the wrong way so easily "

Another option is to meet people face to face, then you don't have to deal with all the vagaries of an internet conversation.

Gbat

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’ve done this. If they’re being an ass and I don’t want to continue interacting with them, then I’ll send a message and block them.

It’s like closing the door on the argument if it’s not going anywhere

"Sometimes they feel that whatever they say is being ignored so lose the heart to explain it yet again. "

Messages can be interpreted the wrong way by text. After talking to somebody for so long and knowing so much about each other it makes me smile at society nowadays. The was no bad intentions

*there

Nottingham

"Why do some people type a massage and then block? I see it so childish. Just be a grown up about it lol xx"

I block ...because they are clearly not what im looking for and to stop message after message from them trying to convince me they are !

"

I see it as very child like behaviour. Its so difficult to express meaning in a message and it can be taken the wrong way so easily

Another option is to meet people face to face, then you don't have to deal with all the vagaries of an internet conversation.

Gbat"

I might start doing this from now on

Nottingham

"I’ve done this. If they’re being an ass and I don’t want to continue interacting with them, then I’ll send a message and block them.

It’s like closing the door on the argument if it’s not going anywhere"

Exactly this

"I’ve done this. If they’re being an ass and I don’t want to continue interacting with them, then I’ll send a message and block them.

Exactly this "

If you message them to back off and they dont, blocking is a perfect option.

It’s like closing the door on the argument if it’s not going anywhere"

Yep.

It's all about context.

OP, you haven't stated whether the message being sent is an initial message from them or a reply to one you have sent them.

Context is rather important.

If it's the latter, many people have found on fab that by sending a message to politely decline, they receive abusive responses.

Some will simply delete your message whie others might politely decline and then block to protect themselves against any abuse, or simply to save both of you the trouble of messaging again if it's felt like there's nothing you have in common.

Don't worry too much about it. Nowt you can do about it.

Just move on and find those who you can connect with

Yep.

It's all about context.

OP, you haven't stated whether the message being sent is an initial message from them or a reply to one you have sent them.

Context is rather important.

If it's the latter, many people have found on fab that by sending a message to politely decline, they receive abusive responses.

Some will simply delete your message whie others might politely decline and then block to protect themselves against any abuse, or simply to save both of you the trouble of messaging again if it's felt like there's nothing you have in common.

Don't worry too much about it. Nowt you can do about it.

Just move on and find those who you can connect with"

A friend, no longer misinterpreted a message and blocked me. With no question to ask what it ment. Typed a message and blocked me. I just thought it was very unadult like. I had trusted this person. No names x

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I've had messages from people I've never spoken to, hurl abuse towards me and then block. Generally done middle of the night. It's not a nice thing to wake up to tbh.

"I've had messages from people I've never spoken to, hurl abuse towards me and then block. Generally done middle of the night. It's not a nice thing to wake up to tbh. "

This was different. We had shared over 200 messages together. But by gones are by gones. Took it on the chin but did feel a little annoyed

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

"I've had messages from people I've never spoken to, hurl abuse towards me and then block. Generally done middle of the night. It's not a nice thing to wake up to tbh.

This was different. We had shared over 200 messages together. But by gones are by gones. Took it on the chin but did feel a little annoyed "

Ah sorry to hear that OP that is disappointing

"I've had messages from people I've never spoken to, hurl abuse towards me and then block. Generally done middle of the night. It's not a nice thing to wake up to tbh.

This was different. We had shared over 200 messages together. But by gones are by gones. Took it on the chin but did feel a little annoyed

Ah sorry to hear that OP that is disappointing "

Thanks. Ive got really decent people on my friends list still.

» Add a new message to this topic