FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Lambanana

Lambanana

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eyond Purity OP   Couple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

This weekend I took C back to my home town and during the visit I told her about the lambanana statues that were dotted all over the City close by. She couldn’t believe the concept but it’s something we are used to and think nothing of now.

What do they have in your local town/village/city that others would find strange but are normal to you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Oh I love the Superlamb. There was a baby Superlamb one year too!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

We had a series of giraffes around Worcester one year. Everyone got pissed off because d*unk youths were climbing on them. Was quite humorous really.

We don't have anything like that in my actual town.

Lincolnshire

[Removed by poster at 28/06/21 09:14:54]

Lincolnshire

"Oh I love the Superlamb. There was a baby Superlamb one year too!"

They put 50 mini Lambanana statues round the area several years ago and it was great fun for families. They asked local schools/artists/businesses to paint them and so each one was unique…there’s still a lot of them around the area and some people bought them to put in their garden…

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We have the safari trail in our local park, life size models of safari animals

A few years ago whilst in Dundee I came across the Oor Wullie trail, lots of Oor Wullie statues dotted around the city

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Don't forget the penguins. There's one somewhere with my handywork on .....

And the bins....... jesus the bins

And the benches......

I wish the council would fuck off with their well intentioned but cheap laboured initiatives that once done are forgotten.

fighter jets on roundabouts

Didn't london have an elephant and bear trail

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Some of the lambanana’s looked a bit of an eyesore if I’m honest. They stirred up a lot of interest though and I’m sure they contributed to the local economy through visitors travelling in to see them which is a positive thing.

"fighter jets on roundabouts"

Must be referring to the Sir Frank Whittle roundabout in Farnborough near the airport

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Some of the lambanana’s looked a bit of an eyesore if I’m honest. They stirred up a lot of interest though and I’m sure they contributed to the local economy through visitors travelling in to see them which is a positive thing. "

Nowt so queer as folk ..... who the eff would travel to see a lambanana ?

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"Didn't london have an elephant and bear trail"

I saw some of the baby elephants in the old Spitalfields market recently, near Liverpool Street Station.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

We saw the Lambananas again on a recent trip, and I still can't get my head around what the artist was going for I was also graced with the view of Queen Victoria's impressive... appendage

LvM

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"Some of the lambanana’s looked a bit of an eyesore if I’m honest. They stirred up a lot of interest though and I’m sure they contributed to the local economy through visitors travelling in to see them which is a positive thing.

Nowt so queer as folk ..... who the eff would travel to see a lambanana ? "

After Googling them I can only wonder what the artist was on.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

"Some of the lambanana’s looked a bit of an eyesore if I’m honest. They stirred up a lot of interest though and I’m sure they contributed to the local economy through visitors travelling in to see them which is a positive thing.

Nowt so queer as folk ..... who the eff would travel to see a lambanana ? "

I know. The lads in work were harping on about them so I decided to go and see what all the fuss was about. When I got there I was like meh is that it.

The last time I was that underwhelmed was when my ex Mrs last sucked my knob

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

Chester had the Rhino trail, which was in association with the zoo;

Bristol had the "cracking" Grommit trail

A few years ago here in Sheffield there was a charity event for the children’s hospital called “The Herd of Sheffield” 58 large elephant sculptures and 72 smaller ones, dotted all over Sheffield which were then auctioned off after quite a few months on display.

The inspiration behind it was to mark the 100th anniversary of Sheffield’s own elephant, that was used in the steelworks to pull the heavy machinery and materials then later sent to the war…

The sculptures raised a lot of money it was amazing to see them displayed over a period of months

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"We saw the Lambananas again on a recent trip, and I still can't get my head around what the artist was going for I was also graced with the view of Queen Victoria's impressive... appendage

LvM"

I always take visitors to see Queen Vic's knob, but that's because I'm a child

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

"We saw the Lambananas again on a recent trip, and I still can't get my head around what the artist was going for I was also graced with the view of Queen Victoria's impressive... appendage

LvM

I always take visitors to see Queen Vic's knob, but that's because I'm a child "

Apparently it was one of our hostesses' favourite thing to show people there You can't unsee it once you've seen it though

LvM

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Where I lived before had a similar thing to the Lambananas last year, they used Swans. The town is quite small though and they were placed in weird places of no significance

By *he Knight is YoungMan  over a year ago

22 Acacia Ave, Preston-for now

I live near Liverpool and where I live the scouts teamed up with a man who works with wicker (Wickerman sounded a bit odd ).

They have made wicker and wood sculptures to find in the woods up on the beacon point...

Owls

A hut

Deer

And if you bump into the spider(which must be about 14ft tall).

RUN !

It's fun for the kids in the daytime and has a certain spookiness at dusk.

Lincolnshire

Nowt so queer as folk ..... who the eff would travel to see a lambanana ?

After Googling them I can only wonder what the artist was on."

When it first came to the City it was ridiculed but I think the quirkiness of it soon caught on and it’s become quite synonymous with the City now. It’s very odd but it’s provided many of d*unken of hours fun doing the trail for adults and for families too

Lincolnshire

LvM

I always take visitors to see Queen Vic's knob, but that's because I'm a child "

K omitted this from my tour. I feel deprived!

C

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

London has varied things that come and go like the Lambanana in the name of charity. Seeking them out is a good way to walk the city and see parts you might otherwise never venture. Currently we have herds in f elephants, which will be joined by a flock of birds in early July.

My favourite though is the noses and ears of soho. Random noses & ears that were stuck to buildings at night by an artist throughout the district.

Lots in London is not what it may seem, a simple fence is actually old stretchers.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

If you should ever go to Kirby there is a full size elephant wearing earings on a gondola in the town centre.

I was quite suprised, but it did amuse me

Something to do with Edward Lear, if I remember rightly.

I love that random stuff

» Add a new message to this topic