FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Derek Chauvin's mother

Derek Chauvin's mother

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *phrodite OP   Woman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I just learnt that she said - ahead of her son's sentencing - she fears she won't be alive when he comes out after his long sentence.

What really struck me as a little odd was that she told her son that he was still "her favourite son".

I don't understand how/ why a parent would say that to a child in any circumstances, let alone these?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A mother loves her children unconditionally.

"A mother loves her children unconditionally."

I am not disputing that - I love mine to bits and would do anything.

My question is more about why would you single out a child and tell that child they are your favourite?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I get why she said what she said as a mother… but in a victim impact hearing I think it came across as being really tone deaf in regards to the other family…..

I certainly don’t think it helped

"I get why she said what she said as a mother… but in a victim impact hearing I think it came across as being really tone deaf in regards to the other family…..

I certainly don’t think it helped "

I agree, Fabio - it was understandable but not understandable at the same time.

But why would you tell one child you love them most? I mean what does that mean for their siblings?

"I get why she said what she said as a mother… but in a victim impact hearing I think it came across as being really tone deaf in regards to the other family…..

But why would you tell one child you love them most? I mean what does that mean for their siblings? "

Yes I don't understand it or why.

By *orders CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Kelso

We completely agree with you. Our children are very different but we love them all equally.

"We completely agree with you. Our children are very different but we love them all equally. "

That is where I am coming from - no matter what my kids would have done, good or bad, I would not (could not!) single one out. It would be so against the grain...

Maybe she fucking hates his siblings?

By *ripodius WillyusMan  over a year ago

Colne

Her attitude and her sons when speaking never showed any remorse and that shows what he is like and the mother should have shown some thoight for victims mum

I hope someone gets to him in prison

"Maybe she fucking hates his siblings? "

Again, and I am just talking from my perspective, I could not imagine hating one of my children.

"Her attitude and her sons when speaking never showed any remorse and that shows what he is like and the mother should have shown some thoight for victims mum

I hope someone gets to him in prison"

She really could not, in her own grief, see anybody else's pain, could she?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Maybe she fucking hates his siblings? "

All things are possible

King's Crustacean

"Her attitude and her sons when speaking never showed any remorse and that shows what he is like and the mother should have shown some thoight for victims mum

I hope someone gets to him in prison"

You wish him harm inside ?

By *yronMan  over a year ago

grangemouth

But why would you tell one child you love them most? I mean what does that mean for their siblings? "

She may have said it without thinking, but, it must feel pretty bad for his siblings "None of you have killed someone, but he's still my favourite".

"A mother loves her children unconditionally.

My question is more about why would you single out a child and tell that child they are your favourite? "

Maybe she only has one son

But why would you tell one child you love them most? I mean what does that mean for their siblings?

She may have said it without thinking, but, it must feel pretty bad for his siblings "None of you have killed someone, but he's still my favourite"."

I would say even in normal circumstances, for one child to be called out to be the mum's (or dad's) favourite is pretty harsh to the siblings?

"A mother loves her children unconditionally.

My question is more about why would you single out a child and tell that child they are your favourite?

Maybe she only has one son "

But then he cannot be her favourite though? "Favourite" implies at least three people in the running?

Am I overthinking this?

grangemouth

She may have said it without thinking, but, it must feel pretty bad for his siblings "None of you have killed someone, but he's still my favourite".

I would say even in normal circumstances, for one child to be called out to be the mum's (or dad's) favourite is pretty harsh to the siblings?"

It is, been there.

It's a really bad thing to have said: his family knew he was getting jail time, now they know that, even with Chauvin murdering a man, the mother loves him more.

I would say even in normal circumstances, for one child to be called out to be the mum's (or dad's) favourite is pretty harsh to the siblings?

It is, been there.

It's a really bad thing to have said: his family knew he was getting jail time, now they know that, even with Chauvin murdering a man, the mother loves him more.

"

Yep, you got me in what I was trying to say.

grangemouth

It is, been there.

Yep, you got me in what I was trying to say. "

I wasn't the family favourite, so I know what it's like.

It is, been there.

Yep, you got me in what I was trying to say.

I wasn't the family favourite, so I know what it's like."

Must have been horrible to experience favouritism

By *ung fun walesMan  over a year ago

up the road

"I just learnt that she said - ahead of her son's sentencing - she fears she won't be alive when he comes out after his long sentence.

What really struck me as a little odd was that she told her son that he was still "her favourite son".

I don't understand how/ why a parent would say that to a child in any circumstances, let alone these?

"

It may actually be that hes her one and only son

King's Crustacean

"I just learnt that she said - ahead of her son's sentencing - she fears she won't be alive when he comes out after his long sentence.

It may actually be that hes her one and only son "

He is her one and only son. Maybe her saying ' you are my favourite son. ' was a family joke.

He had one sister but his dad had a paternity test and the girl wasn't his so he left Dereks mum when Derek was about aged 7. Derek spent time going back n forth and eventually went to live with his grandmother.

I was shocked to hear there had been 18 convictions against him as an officer.

It may actually be that hes her one and only son

He is her one and only son. Maybe her saying ' you are my favourite son. ' was a family joke.

He had one sister but his dad had a paternity test and the girl wasn't his so he left Dereks mum when Derek was about aged 7. Derek spent time going back n forth and eventually went to live with his grandmother.

I was shocked to hear there had been 18 convictions against him as an officer. "

Ah that puts a different context on the "favourite" - perhaps it was an "in" joke reference.

I did not realise he had 18 convictions already - that was not known before the trial presumably?

I think a lot of parents have a 'favourite' child... I know my mother does.

A little tone deaf to say it like that, but people say and do odd things in stressful or upsetting situations.

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

Not all mothers think how their words affect their children. Try living with 4 brothers in an Irish Catholic family - way down the pecking order, as a girl. And was constantly told this

» Add a new message to this topic