FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Your fired

Your fired

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aughty_Smooth_Operator OP   Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

So who in their working life has been fired, sacked, let go which ever term you want to use and this does not include working for an agency as that's not permanent to begin with.

Iv bee fired once for an FLT accident.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not me, but I’ve taken great pleasure in resigning for superior opportunities a couple of times!

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

*You're

Haven’t been fired yet myself but have fired a few in my time

Once when i went on holiday courtesy of hm the queen.

Post that ive never fored anyone, we're like a family

I was fired from an admin job in my youth because at a staff buffet lunch I ate a sausage roll and the manager claimed I had said I was a vegetarian

Apparently she couldn't deal with liars.

I'm not, and I didn't say I was.

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Made redundant once, resigned from all my other jobs.

Have had to let people go in jobs before it sucks.

I fire my self close to ever other week for geting dum idears in my head

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"Once when i went on holiday courtesy of hm the queen.

Post that ive never fored anyone, we're like a family "

If you found out someone worked for you and hadn't declared it...would you fire them?

If you was going for a job would you tell them about your past?

I am curious because someone I know well came out of jail yesterday and he needs work!

B38

I've never been fired but did walk out if a job.

The boss would turn up really early in the morning half cut...with a really bad attitude and talked to us like shit.

We worked so hard....one day I told him to stick it.

I really needed that job and remember walking home thinking damn...should have bide my time..but I just couldn't.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

I was sacked the day before my first holiday in 18 months after my second spinal block failed and I found out I needed spinal surgery. Boss wasn’t prepared to wait or pay me… she was a horror!!!

B38

"I was fired from an admin job in my youth because at a staff buffet lunch I ate a sausage roll and the manager claimed I had said I was a vegetarian

Apparently she couldn't deal with liars.

I'm not, and I didn't say I was.

"

That must have been so frustrating to be called a liar, because sacked for it.

What a double insult!

I once worked for a South London mini cab firm which was actually owned by some very ‘dodgy’ people. I unknowingly upset one of their family by refusing them a taxi when they were dr..k and was immediately fired by my kind manager before they got to me directly. Best sacking ever !

[Removed by poster at 26/06/21 20:32:34]

[Removed by poster at 26/06/21 20:30:58]

One bastard boss lived at end of a cul-de-sac.

So we rung 10+ different florists to deliver flowers c.o.d. all at a prearranged time.

Then we arrange 20 taxis to turn up for an airport fare from his house all at the same time.

Then we had builders, gardeners and scaffolders all arranged turn up at the same time for a job.

There was about 50+ vehicles trying to get down this cul-de-sac all knocking on his door.

People are punching each other over who had the job etc.

His wife was going mental the doorstep for all these flowers sent from different women.

Took the police ages to sort it all out

[Removed by poster at 26/06/21 20:33:50]

If you found out someone worked for you and hadn't declared it...would you fire them?

I am curious because someone I know well came out of jail yesterday and he needs work!"

I am curious because someone I know well came out of jail yesterday and he needs work!"

Yes as it’s the tax man that would be come knocking he dose not play around

Depends if the job legally requires it then yes

And 3 I know the person your friend and all but I would probably stay a bit clear for a bit don’t want to get dragged down by his stuff if he mucks up tell him if he’s still out in a years time you help out I know it’s bad to say that

But it’s you the bosses would look down at if something goes wrong why put your self in that predicament because someone else hasn’t got they shit to gether

B38

"One bastard boss lived at end of a cul-de-sac.

So we rung 10+ different florists to deliver flowers c.o.d. all at a prearranged time.

Then we arrange 20 taxis to turn up for an airport fare from his house all at the same time.

Then we had builders, gardeners and scaffolders all arranged turn up at the same time for a job.

There was about 50+ vehicles trying to get down this cul-de-sac all knocking on his door.

His wife was going mental the doorstep for all these flowers sent from different women.

Took the police ages to sort it all out"

Wow...you must have been really pissed.

I wouldn't have the energy for that kind of shit!

everywhere i worked that sacked me went out of business

Took the police ages to sort it all out

Wow...you must have been really pissed.

I wouldn't have the energy for that kind of shit!"

Trust me it was worth it.

He had a ton of ballast dropped on his car they following week.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

We agreed to a mutual termination after only a month as the job was not what I expected and they wanted a yes man

No the past is the past

B38

I am curious because someone I know well came out of jail yesterday and he needs work!

No the past is the past "

Great...do you have any jobs

B38

And 3 I know the person your friend and all but I would probably stay a bit clear for a bit don’t want to get dragged down by his stuff if he mucks up tell him if he’s still out in a years time you help out I know it’s bad to say that

But it’s you the bosses would look down at if something goes wrong why put your self in that predicament because someone else hasn’t got they shit to gether"

I had previously said that there'd be no chance of me recommending him for a job.

But..if I continue to see self growth on his part over time, I've changed my mind.

I even had a word with my manager ..gave her the heads up. I think she'll do what she could to help.

I wouldn't have him working directly with me that would be to close to home, but we are a massive company.

Time will tell...I really hope it work out for him.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"[Offer of employment Removed by poster at 26/06/21 20:30:58]"

But it’s you the bosses would look down at if something goes wrong why put your self in that predicament because someone else hasn’t got they shit to gether

I had previously said that there'd be no chance of me recommending him for a job.

But..if I continue to see self growth on his part over time, I've changed my mind.

I even had a word with my manager ..gave her the heads up. I think she'll do what she could to help.

I wouldn't have him working directly with me that would be to close to home, but we are a massive company.

Time will tell...I really hope it work out for him."

Seems like you got the right sort off thinking I hope it works out for him as well and it’s good to see people turn they life’s around but so few just hate to see good nice people be burned that’s all

Redundancy. Lease was running out on the premises and the company owner decided not to renew. I was weeks away from qualifying for redundancy (not that it would have been much). Left me right in the shit. So changed career

By *yronMan  over a year ago

grangemouth

It's happened a few times. One time, my (then) employer was working up to it, getting ready to rant at me, when I said "I'll save the breath for you. I quit".

Took him totally by surprise (he was looking for grovelling and fulsome apologies, so that I could keep the job, but be browbeaten into shifts here, there and everywhere). He stammered out a "What?" and when he saw that I was serious, tried to beg me to stay.

I didn't.

Took the police ages to sort it all out"

Was his wife a bastard too?

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Nope, but have walked out of a job after a week, and have been through redundancy.

Twice.

Both unfairly.

First one the boss was in a crap mood, I had to get an answer to a question which I asked twice in one morning. He hit the roof and went mad and sacked me on the spot.

Years later he apologised to me in the street and made sure I put him down as a reference promising me a good one. Which he did.

Second time I was agency staff. Second best performer on stats for my work. Boss was a total bitch.

She made me sit at my screen and not talk to anyone, and have me tell anyone that tried to talk to me that I could talk to them on break time. I lasted one day after that conversation. Next day rang the agency. Explained all. The bitch boss was contacted, denied it all and told the agency she didn't want me back.

"Twice.

Both unfairly.

First one the boss was in a crap mood, I had to get an answer to a question which I asked twice in one morning. He hit the roof and went mad and sacked me on the spot.

Years later he apologised to me in the street and made sure I put him down as a reference promising me a good one. Which he did.

Second time I was agency staff. Second best performer on stats for my work. Boss was a total bitch.

She made me sit at my screen and not talk to anyone, and have me tell anyone that tried to talk to me that I could talk to them on break time. I lasted one day after that conversation. Next day rang the agency. Explained all. The bitch boss was contacted, denied it all and told the agency she didn't want me back. "

Sounds about right

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I've only worked at 2 places so far in my career and I resigned from my last place. Not sure how I would cope with being fired to be honest

By *aughty_Smooth_Operator OP   Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Made redundant once, resigned from all my other jobs.

Have had to let people go in jobs before it sucks."

Iv been made redundant once to from my longest job of 10 years from a Bakery

B38

Seems like you got the right sort off thinking I hope it works out for him as well and it’s good to see people turn they life’s around but so few just hate to see good nice people be burned that’s all "

Thanks Nat x

I am a realist where this is concerned but I just can't give up on him...never have been able to.

He has been such a fuck up in the past but he's always had heart.

I'll do what I can within reason and only if he proves himself x

"I was sacked the day before my first holiday in 18 months after my second spinal block failed and I found out I needed spinal surgery. Boss wasn’t prepared to wait or pay me… she was a horror!!! "

Been there on that one. The employer did not fare well at all at tribunal.

"I was sacked the day before my first holiday in 18 months after my second spinal block failed and I found out I needed spinal surgery. Boss wasn’t prepared to wait or pay me… she was a horror!!!

Been there on that one. The employer did not fare well at all at tribunal. "

Oh, and then I started my own business straight after and haven't looked back!

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

Once. I'm still annoyed about it.

Technically twice. And ditto the second sentence.

Seems like you got the right sort off thinking I hope it works out for him as well and it’s good to see people turn they life’s around but so few just hate to see good nice people be burned that’s all

Thanks Nat x

I am a realist where this is concerned but I just can't give up on him...never have been able to.

He has been such a fuck up in the past but he's always had heart.

I'll do what I can within reason and only if he proves himself x"

Your welcome and it’s definitely a good quality to have really hope it works out welll x

I have never been fired from an employment, but I have been fired from a few posts/roles. Always for telling the truth. Whoever said always tell the truth is a twat.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Fired twice from 2 jobs.

First, was after 3 years after being GM, after a Disciplinary Investigation, the end result being me being dismissed for "Misappropriation of Company Funds", namely, £10!!!

Took them to a Tribunal who found in my favour - that was in late 1993, but still waiting for my job back or compensation,,as bosses sold business a few months later and skipped off back home to Canada.

Second time was when I and my entire male Management team were advised by our Sod of a Greek Cypriot owner, that he was getting rid of us all with immediate effect, so he could install an all female team.

We appointed solicitors who took a joint case to the Tribunal. It found in our favour, he was ordered to give us our jobs back but he refused and defied a legal moves - that was in 1996, and we've all moved on!

I've been given the dubious pleasure of sacking a customer. Always wanted the work yesterday, always complained about it, and always paid well over three months after invoice date.

Gave em all their resources back and told em to fuck off and find another sucker to do their printing.

OK, it was fun in a schadenfreude kind of way.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I got made redundant last year, which was my first experience of that. It was a shocker as the jobs market had ranked. Fortunately I got a new job before I ran out of money.

Got fired once for punching my boss In the face a couple of times

Though he did throw a metal stapler across a room at me first that hit me in head first during our team sales meeting .

Never been fired. Infact majority of jobs I’ve had they have asked is there anything they can do to change my mind about leaving

» Add a new message to this topic