FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are the cops unfit for the job

Are the cops unfit for the job

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irtyold man OP   Man  over a year ago

barnsley

In the last few years theire have been several things happen that show the cops are no longer fit for purpose.

Recruiting terrorist into the force and not checking refrences

Tazering multipal times then kicking to death.

Ilegaly detaining and asulting women but refusing to admit murder

There are many more instances but would folks agree its time for a serious change in the cops and how they are run.it seems the cops are more corupt than the criminals.

Do you agree and what would you sugest to change things

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

I think 99.9% of police interactions turn out great. And you’ve cherry picked a few bad example to suggest the police in general aren’t good.

Are there improvements to be made? Yes. Are the entire police force as a collective useless? Obviously not

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

I believe some are unfit for their job. Thats far to much if a generalization.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

One of my besties is a cop and one of the most, if not THE most honest, loving and gentle people going! Don't tar everyone with the same brush! Theres good and bad everywhere, in every profession.

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

"One of my besties is a cop and one of the most, if not THE most honest, loving and gentle people going! Don't tar everyone with the same brush! Theres good and bad everywhere, in every profession."

I dont know why this surprises people.

[Removed by poster at 26/06/21 18:42:05]

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Police.

Not cops we live in Great Britain.

I think for they do a great job and considering the restrictions placed on resources they actually do a fantastic job.

There's always going to be people who are crap at their job's and abuse their positions.

Unfortunately if the police do this it's going to have a far more serious impact than say the local manager at Asda fucking up.

Don't be sucked into the anti establishment propaganda that's rife at the moment and don't confuse our police with those across the pond.

"I think 99.9% of police interactions turn out great. And you’ve cherry picked a few bad example to suggest the police in general aren’t good.

Are there improvements to be made? Yes. Are the entire police force as a collective useless? Obviously not "

Very much this

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Are there improvements to be made? Yes. Are the entire police force as a collective useless? Obviously not "

This

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Are *x profession* unfit for the job based on a handful of events out of literally millions, carried out by a handful of individuals from a cast of tens of thousands?...

LvM

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"In the last few years theire have been several things happen that show the cops are no longer fit for purpose.

There are many more instances but would folks agree its time for a serious change in the cops and how they are run.it seems the cops are more corupt than the criminals.

Do you agree and what would you sugest to change things"

And replace with what OP?

Every organisation has its bad apples I am pretty sure that whatever was to replace it would be the same. It not the people that need to change it the regulation, recruitment, training and oversight that need improving.

You're gonna find wankers in any job though. It doesn't mean all cops are bad though.

"I think 99.9% of police interactions turn out great. And you’ve cherry picked a few bad example to suggest the police in general aren’t good.

Are there improvements to be made? Yes. Are the entire police force as a collective useless? Obviously not "

Yeah there’s a few bellends but I’d probably say it’s better than 20-30 years back. We hear about more stuff now through social media. Yeah there’s improvements to be made but it’s not panic stations to me.

couple, us we him her.

"In the last few years theire have been several things happen that show the cops are no longer fit for purpose.

Perhaps we should put some of these moron's marching in London today in charge and police us, that's obviously going to end well.

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

Our police as whole do a marvelous job. There always a few bad apples

If anyone has watched or cares to watch the riots in Swansea the other night, search YouTube Swansea may hill riots and see that the police did fuck all to help the residents. They should have gone there with armed response and just battered the little cunts.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

The members of the police force are recruited from society, they will therefore be a cross sectional representation of that society. If you want to change the police you will have to start with society.

couple, us we him her.

"If anyone has watched or cares to watch the riots in Swansea the other night, search YouTube Swansea may hill riots and see that the police did fuck all to help the residents. They should have gone there with armed response and just battered the little cunts. "

And then got absolutely lambasted on social media for being too heavy handed!

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr southend

I would agree with others on the whole our police force in the UK do a brilliant job, you can't tar the whole force with the same brush as a few bad apples, I dare say if you looked at the figures for incidents they get called to verses reported issues with them it would show it is still a very tiny percentage of issues

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It is a fact that there are SOME "cops" are not fit for purpose. This is the same for most jobs, I've even been served burgers at McDonalds by people who weren't fit for their job.

99.99% of police officers are very much fit for the job.

Cal

By *arriLadMan  over a year ago

North West

Iv encountered some of the best police and some of the worst, You get good and bad in every profession

By *ussybagderMan  over a year ago

Salford

Not all but jeeez some should never put that stupid custom on

They do absolutely nothing when criminals are threatening people n assaulting people infront off them but when a poor working man or woman is just sitting or walking mind their own business these clowns harass them n detain them for absolutely nothing

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

stop having the police investigating the police would be a start..

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

Some are but I'd like to think that most aren't.

There are good and bad in every profession...the police will be no different.

"If anyone has watched or cares to watch the riots in Swansea the other night, search YouTube Swansea may hill riots and see that the police did fuck all to help the residents. They should have gone there with armed response and just battered the little cunts.

And then got absolutely lambasted on social media for being too heavy handed!"

I don’t think anyone would have said that they were too heavy handed with these scum bags of society. They should have come out full force. Watch the videos on YouTube.

There’s other videos on my Facebook (cos I’m close to that area) what wasn’t shown was further up towards where I am, all those shuts trying coming into our area and all the older hard nuts (men and women) came out of their houses and marched them out of the street threatening to kill them all and had the riot police hiding behind them

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

This. And alot of the time they are equally as frustrated as they don't have the staff and they don't get the results despite of all their hard work.

Salford

It is a fact that there are SOME "cops" are not fit for purpose. This is the same for most jobs, I've even been served burgers at McDonalds by people who weren't fit for their job.

Cal"

wooooow that burger comparison tho damn dude

Police are public servant they get paid to protect and serve the public and the have lots of responsibility thes people are educated and they are supposed to know the law and to compare that to a 16 year old inexperienced kid that works in macci for £4,60 jeez help us god

You are lucky your not in Africa.

Because we had the right to hit beat and pistol whip anyone protesting or causing trouble. And often these hard locals would be beaten back at the station for days.

Even women got the rifle butt in the face if she was mouthing off.

India is the same, use to club people breaking the law, whip them in the street and slap women in the face.

You are very lucky here.

Be thankful.

i went with a copper once when he stripped of he had bnp tattoo on his bum and legs i asked him to get dressed and leave .... a bnp guy in the police is a very scary thought

"i went with a copper once when he stripped of he had bnp tattoo on his bum and legs i asked him to get dressed and leave .... a bnp guy in the police is a very scary thought"

It is illegal to be a member of anything like that when you are a serving police officer.

You should have reported him to the ombudsman or police commissioner

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"You are lucky your not in Africa.

Because we had the right to hit beat and pistol whip anyone protesting or causing trouble. And often these hard locals would be beaten back at the station for days.

India is the same, use to club people breaking the law, whip them in the street and slap women in the face.

You are very lucky here.

Be thankful."

Reading that...I'm feeling lucky!

With close friends and family in the met they are under huge stress and inundated with red tape and crazy political correctness. They have a thankless job.

You are very lucky here.

Be thankful.

Reading that...I'm feeling lucky!

"

It's a culture thing. Policing is done differently abroad.

There is no interview just a slap and a few more.

Italy can be like that as well

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Calwooooow that burger comparison tho damn dude

Police are public servant they get paid to protect and serve the public and the have lots of responsibility thes people are educated and they are supposed to know the law and to compare that to a 16 year old inexperienced kid that works in macci for £4,60 jeez help us god

"

But they're all just people and there are good ones & bad ones (and every thing between). To suggest that the whole of the UK's police are not fit for purpose because a few people are wankers is like saying that we should ban driving because some people crash.

Cal

Salford

You are very lucky here.

Be thankful."

first of all there are 54 countries in Africa so don't say Africa like it's one country cose am african myself n in my country no body even police put their hands on a woman never ever

U might have been to south Africa n did that but not in Africa

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I dont think it is a case of a few bad apples

..there have been several cases where the problem has been institutional.

I've no doubt the police are doing a difficult job but they do seem to have a culture where they protect each other at all cost.

Look how many people have died in custody and how many have been held accountable.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

"I dont think it is a case of a few bad apples

I've no doubt the police are doing a difficult job but they do seem to have a culture where they protect each other at all cost.

Look how many people have died in custody and how many have been held accountable. "

1000s of police interactions daily

Show me the list of things you mentioned?

And it better be a long list to match up with literally 1000s per day of good interactions

How many arrests and incidents have been dealt with across the UK by Police staff? Now how many incidents have you loosely referred to? You've highlighted the fact that actions aren't always completed to the desired result, for a number of reasons. Like in any job. Shall we also bring up every mistake made by checkout operators or doctors?

Try doing that job for a day and tell me you'd do it better.

liverpool

"I dont think it is a case of a few bad apples

Look how many people have died in custody and how many have been held accountable.

1000s of police interactions daily

Show me the list of things you mentioned?

And it better be a long list to match up with literally 1000s per day of good interactions "

What the indtitional cock ups?

By *urtyGentMan  over a year ago

eastleigh

Yes I do think they’re unfit for purpose and I’d start change by defunding the police and correctly funding the appropriate social service(s) that should be doing most of the work the police are meant to be dealing with

By *wingamajigsCouple  over a year ago

Folkestone

Perhaps the OP could volunteer as a special and show them the way ? One thing I have learnt is dont be too judgemental unless you have walked in someone elses shoes.

"i went with a copper once when he stripped of he had bnp tattoo on his bum and legs i asked him to get dressed and leave .... a bnp guy in the police is a very scary thought

It is illegal to be a member of anything like that when you are a serving police officer.

You should have reported him to the ombudsman or police commissioner"

i never said he was a member i said he had tattoos so maybe hes an ex member but the still recruited him he was a ex marine i was shocked to see it to be honest as i would have thought that tattoo and in the marines would not mix

Those who complain about the police are usually those who've broken the law and are upset they've been caught. If they can undermine the police with accusations (which will be investigated because that's what we do in a publicly accountable society) to weaken law enforcement then that plays into their hands. So malicious complaints are to be expected.

"The members of the police force are recruited from society, they will therefore be a cross sectional representation of that society. If you want to change the police you will have to start with society. "

Totally correct. As society descends into the abyss the pool of decent candidates grows ever smaller, so the arsehole percentage grows ever larger. Reap what you sow.

Dear me

stop having the police investigating the police would be a start.."

Serious shit is investigated by the Independent Office for Police Conduct, totally independent of Police and Government.

By *onguesandpunsMan  over a year ago

East Midlands

Not sure people from ethic minority communities would agree it's just a few bad apples, but some police do do a good job.

Unfortunately we live in a society where no-one wants to take responsibility for their own actions and blame everyone else. The Police are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I agree with a lot of the posts, that there are some bad apples, but that's life.

I have sympathy for anybody in policing. They are up against people breaking the law who are either hardened criminals or at best piss taking twats who think that by bleating about civil liberties and victimisation that they'll get off a relatively minor charge. So it's natural to expect a certain level of pre-emptive aggression from people doing a bloody difficult job.

That said, their remit is a difficult one, often led by politics and optics. Cracking down hard on ER protesters isn't a good look, and it must be difficult to know where to draw the line on cracking heads when you're up against the sort of bloaty pale-tinted gammon that attends antivax or anti BLM protests, lager cans and arsehole attitude in hand.

It's damned if you do, damned if you don't. Am I pissed at getting £100 and 3 points for doing 55 through an automated 40 trap on the M6 when I haven't even been clocked by an actual officer, when I regularly see people driving ridiculously dangerously

like utter arseholes in Brum centre with impunity? Yes, that aspect of policing, the easy low-hanging and not really criminal fruit pisses me off royally.

They’re doing a difficult job in difficult circumstances, underfunded and undermanned. As has been said there are a few bad apples as there are in every job or profession, doesn’t mean the majority are working hard and are doing as good a job as possible.

One thing I will say. I work near London Bridge, there have been two terrorist attacks in recent times. Particularly with the one in Borough Market, when the public were running away as fast as possible, the Police were running in the other direction. They deserve some respect just for that.

I’ve known a few Coppers over the years, all been decent people.

I had to look where you were from op, fully expecting you to be in the USA.

Your description of the uk police isn't a version I recognise so no.

Why don't you become a cop OP tell us how you get on over the next 12 months

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"Why don't you become a cop OP tell us how you get on over the next 12 months "

OP reminds me of those who speak about the NHS. I know alot of people in NHS who REALLY try under difficult circumstances. Mistakes and bad eggs will still occur. Doesn't mean the system is corrupt.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Police.

Not cops we live in Great Britain.

"

Fascinating fact - the term 'coppers' was first recorded in England in 1704 meaning "people who catch"

Why just pick on the Police ? What about GP’s ( Harry Shipman for one ) nurses that deliberately killed patients, so does that make everyone in the NHS murderers?

By *ltrMan  over a year ago

sheffield

I some times take the piss by knocking the couple next door ( hes a traffic cop shes a detective) but I wouldn't have it any other way .They are both

Honest as far as i can see only down side is no rule breaking here as i am sure I would have my collar felt if I broke cov19

Law and had a bq party

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

Serious shit is investigated by the Independent Office for Police Conduct, totally independent of Police and Government."

Lesser complaints are investigated by the police ,I was led to believe from another area.. where's the independence there.

By *hat BlokeMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

A policeman is a bad policeman if he lets another policeman get away with breaking the law. Now how many policemen have seen colleagues do dodgy things and let it pass by?

We live in the generation of snowflakes, cops are limited by political red tape these days.

I agree that there are certainly some bad eggs in the police force, but that shouldn't get all police tarred with same brush.

Maybe better vetting, constant training throughout career to handle difficult situations better. Regular psychological testing also? Who knows. But defunding and reforming seem not so great ideas in my opinion.

liverpool

"We live in the generation of snowflakes, cops are limited by political red tape these days."

Yep should go back to the good old days when they banged up innocent people.

That’s a bit like saying all humans should be hung, just because a few of them have a propensity to kill one another.

#tar

#brush

#much

Serious shit is investigated by the Independent Office for Police Conduct, totally independent of Police and Government.

Lesser complaints are investigated by the police ,I was led to believe from another area.. where's the independence there. "

So lobby your MP for the IOPC to do it all. Forces asked to investigate other forces would be delighted as they have enough on investigating the public.

» Add a new message to this topic