FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > No pictures but expect pictures

No pictures but expect pictures

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anybody else find the irony in people with no picture and unwilling to send a face picture expecting you to send a face picture? I have no issue sending but surely it’s normal to expect one in return?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

There's an unwritten rule that states those asking send first. If not, slide on.

"There's an unwritten rule that states those asking send first. If not, slide on. "
yeah agreed and I’ll always send one but I’ve had a few that won’t send because “work” or other lame excuses lol

By *his_Kitty_ScratchesWoman  over a year ago

WSM

I get a lot of requests for face pictures without them having any pictures or attaching a picture. Always amuses me

"I get a lot of requests for face pictures without them having any pictures or attaching a picture. Always amuses me "
same, it’s mental lol, I just stop talking to people unwilling to send them now, I don’t know how people expect anything without the person they’re talking to even knowing what they look like

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

So I receive a number of messages volunteering a face picture and then requesting one from me.

I never send face pictures, in fact I do not have any full face pictures on here.

My view is that nobody is under any obligation to send one.

"There's an unwritten rule that states those asking send first. If not, slide on. yeah agreed and I’ll always send one but I’ve had a few that won’t send because “work” or other lame excuses lol "

I would not send one for precisely that "lame" excuse. It is called privacy.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Why would it be normal to expect one in return ? If a woman asks a man for a face photo and having seen it she decides she is not attracted to that man what is the point in her sending him a photo of herself ? Doing so is not going to make him more attractive to her. Rejection has already taken place.

"So I receive a number of messages volunteering a face picture and then requesting one from me.

I never send face pictures, in fact I do not have any full face pictures on here.

My view is that nobody is under any obligation to send one. "

but surely if you initiate a conversation and ask them for a face picture you’d be expected to send one in return? Of course nobody is obligated to send anything they don’t want but if I’m asked then I expect the same

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Totally but my pet hate is I block those with no public profile pics, but the filter is useless.

"Why would it be normal to expect one in return ? If a woman asks a man for a face photo and having seen it she decides she is not attracted to that man what is the point in her sending him a photo of herself ? Doing so is not going to make him more attractive to her. Rejection has already taken place. "

Absolutely true. OF course it is also true in the reverse event.

I've said the same .. no pic no reply they say .. interesting how they don't have a pic and if they do it's a body part .. double standards that .. lol

"Why would it be normal to expect one in return ? If a woman asks a man for a face photo and having seen it she decides she is not attracted to that man what is the point in her sending him a photo of herself ? Doing so is not going to make him more attractive to her. Rejection has already taken place. "
lol obviously not if either party isn’t interested ha I don’t just expect people to not be interested and then send a picture lol I meant obviously if the conversation continues etc

"So I receive a number of messages volunteering a face picture and then requesting one from me.

My view is that nobody is under any obligation to send one. but surely if you initiate a conversation and ask them for a face picture you’d be expected to send one in return? Of course nobody is obligated to send anything they don’t want but if I’m asked then I expect the same "

Suppose I initiate a conversation, I chat for a while and if I think there is mileage in the chat we move the chat off site and then the unfortunate person can see my face.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Agree

Then don't message them

My view is that nobody is under any obligation to send one. but surely if you initiate a conversation and ask them for a face picture you’d be expected to send one in return? Of course nobody is obligated to send anything they don’t want but if I’m asked then I expect the same

Suppose I initiate a conversation, I chat for a while and if I think there is mileage in the chat we move the chat off site and then the unfortunate person can see my face."

and that’s great but my opinion on that is that I’m expected to talk to somebody for a while in order to get that far and them having asked me for a pic on message one but I’d still have no idea what they look like?

"Then don't message them "
I don’t lol as I said, just wondering other peoples opinions/views on it

My view is that nobody is under any obligation to send one. but surely if you initiate a conversation and ask them for a face picture you’d be expected to send one in return? Of course nobody is obligated to send anything they don’t want but if I’m asked then I expect the same

Suppose I initiate a conversation, I chat for a while and if I think there is mileage in the chat we move the chat off site and then the unfortunate person can see my face. and that’s great but my opinion on that is that I’m expected to talk to somebody for a while in order to get that far and them having asked me for a pic on message one but I’d still have no idea what they look like? "

I understand your dilemma, really I do.

It is just some people, me included, are really precious about sending their face pic (or any other picture that would truly identify them) to a stranger. Sorry x

Grantham

"but my opinion on that is that I’m expected to talk to somebody for a while in order to get that far and them having asked me for a pic on message one but I’d still have no idea what they look like? "

Then stop chatting, it is that simple. If they aren’t interested in your pic enough to send theirs then noting us ever going to happen anyway.

It’s a great filter, no return pic, no chat

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I rarely send my face and never take part in face pic threads. I don’t feel obliged to send mine if someone sends theirs.

why i have face pic on profile.

cuts the crap straight away

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Yes on quite a few occasions, we inform them of the unwritten rule of asking for a face pic requires them to send first and leave it at that.

We have a number of people who have said they can't for work reasons. We refer them to the sentence on our profile that covers that exact excuse and leave them to it.

It is no skin off our nose if they don't send a face pic.

Suppose I initiate a conversation, I chat for a while and if I think there is mileage in the chat we move the chat off site and then the unfortunate person can see my face. and that’s great but my opinion on that is that I’m expected to talk to somebody for a while in order to get that far and them having asked me for a pic on message one but I’d still have no idea what they look like?

It is just some people, me included, are really precious about sending their face pic (or any other picture that would truly identify them) to a stranger. Sorry x"

I can understand that completely, and it’s a fair and valid point but I’d expect that to go both ways but from experience it doesn’t, some people are unwilling to send but expect them, that was more my initial point

"Then don't message them I don’t lol as I said, just wondering other peoples opinions/views on it "

It's all in the face, initially, for me, so no face means not even a hello and I wouldn't bother asking

"but my opinion on that is that I’m expected to talk to somebody for a while in order to get that far and them having asked me for a pic on message one but I’d still have no idea what they look like?

Then stop chatting, it is that simple. If they aren’t interested in your pic enough to send theirs then noting us ever going to happen anyway.

It’s a great filter, no return pic, no chat "

This ^^^^

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

If I get sent one that doesn’t mean I have to send one back if I didn’t ask for one. If I ask for one then I will send back

Grantham

"I rarely send my face and never take part in face pic threads. I don’t feel obliged to send mine if someone sends theirs. "

Agree. I’ll only send mine if I like theirs and they, at least appear to be, are not a jerk

Suppose I initiate a conversation, I chat for a while and if I think there is mileage in the chat we move the chat off site and then the unfortunate person can see my face. and that’s great but my opinion on that is that I’m expected to talk to somebody for a while in order to get that far and them having asked me for a pic on message one but I’d still have no idea what they look like?

It is just some people, me included, are really precious about sending their face pic (or any other picture that would truly identify them) to a stranger. Sorry x I can understand that completely, and it’s a fair and valid point but I’d expect that to go both ways but from experience it doesn’t, some people are unwilling to send but expect them, that was more my initial point "

You know I think, and this is just based on the old number game, I am not saying this in an arrogant way or at least I dont intend to, the chances of guys writing to women are probably greater than the other way round on Fabs. Traditionally, many women like to see faces to assess attraction - so as some other people have said for women it is a filter? If I am not attracted to a face I could not be attracted to a body but I think you guys are different there?

"If I get sent one that doesn’t mean I have to send one back if I didn’t ask for one. If I ask for one then I will send back "
I don’t expect one back if I just randomly send one, if somebody asks then I expect one back in return (obviously not if I’ve been rejected as somebody said lol) but if somebody is completely unwilling at all for whatever reason then that was my OP question, does anybody see the irony in it

It is just some people, me included, are really precious about sending their face pic (or any other picture that would truly identify them) to a stranger. Sorry x I can understand that completely, and it’s a fair and valid point but I’d expect that to go both ways but from experience it doesn’t, some people are unwilling to send but expect them, that was more my initial point

You know I think, and this is just based on the old number game, I am not saying this in an arrogant way or at least I dont intend to, the chances of guys writing to women are probably greater than the other way round on Fabs. Traditionally, many women like to see faces to assess attraction - so as some other people have said for women it is a filter? If I am not attracted to a face I could not be attracted to a body but I think you guys are different there? "

many are I guess but for me personally then I have to be attracted to the face

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Surely the person asking should send one first

By *onkyLemonsCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Or you swap pictures and then get ghosted/blocked/deleted

I turned down a meet with a couple after they requested one from me which I sent then refused to send me one. They still wanted to meet but I said I wouldn't without knowing what they looked like

Fair is fair

"Surely the person asking should send one first "
that’s what I thought too but many disagree

"Or you swap pictures and then get ghosted/blocked/deleted "
that’s just rude lol

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I show my face so would expect a face picture to be sent. In my case I’m often asked for cock pictures, more than face pictures

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"Surely the person asking should send one first that’s what I thought too but many disagree "

Well that’s nonsense, if we wanted anyone to see our face pics they would be public and not just waiting for some faceless random person asking to see ours, we generally only send when looking to meet, if someone asks to see ours out of the blue we say yes for sure after you have sent yours and there’s the possibility we will be meeting some time in the future.

"Surely the person asking should send one first that’s what I thought too but many disagree

Well that’s nonsense, if we wanted anyone to see our face pics they would be public and not just waiting for some faceless random person asking to see ours, we generally only send when looking to meet, if someone asks to see ours out of the blue we say yes for sure after you have sent yours and there’s the possibility we will be meeting some time in the future."

agreed 100% that’s my views, if somebody is asking to see mine then they should be willing to share theirs (if there’s an attraction and the conversation continues)

» Add a new message to this topic