Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Really?

Is that what you see?

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Bloody has if you’re a business. Been an absolute nightmare and it still is!

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Fucked me right up. I’m in the car parts business and it’s a disaster. I also had hopes of retiring in France about now.

By *valanche1001Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Um…. exports are down, costs and bureaucracy up, potential food shortages due to lack of migrant labour oh and we gave up the ability to trade seamlessly with 500m+ customers that were on our doorstep.

Living the dream

Paradise, Herts

"Fucked me right up. I’m in the car parts business and it’s a disaster. I also had hopes of retiring in France about now.

"

Wonder if the people who voted for it would still vote that way

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Not a lot has changed to be fair !"

To be fair, the vote may have been 5 years ago, but all the messing about in Parliament, we've only actually been properly out out since the start of the year.

Yes we actually finally left the union on 31st January 2020, but remember that we had a further 11 months transition period.

The biggest impact we've seen has probably been due to Corona Virus

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"Fucked me right up. I’m in the car parts business and it’s a disaster. I also had hopes of retiring in France about now.

Wonder if the people who voted for it would still vote that way "

That’s a tough question. I can kind of see both sides. I can’t see any or many changing, I can’t remember the turnout but perhaps if more voted? I don’t buy the thought that all leavers are thick racists either. Hypothetical now though.

Paradise, Herts

That’s a tough question. I can kind of see both sides. I can’t see any or many changing, I can’t remember the turnout but perhaps if more voted? I don’t buy the thought that all leavers are thick racists either. Hypothetical now though. "

True. Unfortunately

5 years, wow that’s nearly half a decade.

Absolute fuck up!!! Anyone who voted leave should just be kicked out of the country.

Been waiting for things at work that are taking months to arrive instead of days.

By *ackdaw52Man  over a year ago

Chesterfield

That’s a tough question. I can kind of see both sides. I can’t see any or many changing, I can’t remember the turnout but perhaps if more voted? I don’t buy the thought that all leavers are thick racists either. Hypothetical now though. "

They did vote for it again at the last general election. That's how BJ got in.

And yes, voter turnout was low.

The Scots have always been very sanctimonious about voting remain, which is technically true.

But if turnout in Scotland had been as high as England that would have swung the balance and we'd still be in the EU.

The people who didn't vote are as much to blame as the Leave voters.

I would yes. Our farming business is booming, more restaurants are sourcing local meat rather than from overseas.

The rail side of my business is stronger im winning more contracts as more firms are sourcing product within the uk

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

I think Covid has had a bigger effect. Yes there have been a few teething issues although recent Guardian report suggests that if there was another vote tomorrow it would still be 52-48

By *wilightTeaseCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Worst thing since stale bread. Huge increase in import & export related costs (enough to buy a house in 6 months...), massive amounts of bureaucracy, new regulations that kick in in 2022 as we separate more and more from EU. Normal people have no clue what all this Brexit mess has caused over the past 6 months and how much worse it will become. Sadly I know too much about it. Oh, and don‘t forget Roaming coming back....

Chelmsford

Roaming finished anyway. Most calls on the net .

the social care side of thing is in trouble with staffing because of brexit

Chelmsford

"the social care side of thing is in trouble with staffing because of brexit "

The social care thing is in trouble because successive governments refuse to fund it .. imo

"the social care side of thing is in trouble with staffing because of brexit

The social care thing is in trouble because successive governments refuse to fund it .. imo"

that was not my point you said whats changed ?? so i said staffing ??

social funding is the same now as was when under euro so called rules

"Not a lot has changed to be fair !

Just the world has all gone to sh*t "

Do you work for the BBC?

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Absolute fuck up!!! Anyone who voted leave should just be kicked out of the country.

Been waiting for things at work that are taking months to arrive instead of days."

Nothing to do with Covid and tankers getting stuck in the Suez then?

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Worked out good for my work, business has shot up.

Same for my wife's company.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"The social care thing is in trouble because successive governments refuse to fund it .. imo"

And where do governments get their cash from?

Chelmsford

It will all work out in the end..

I read an article the other day and apparently on the red bus should be written currently -800M per week lol

That’s how much of a good move this was lololol

"Absolute fuck up!!! Anyone who voted leave should just be kicked out of the country.

Been waiting for things at work that are taking months to arrive instead of days.

Nothing to do with Covid and tankers getting stuck in the Suez then?"

That has had a small effect but waiting for stuff from ne of our suppliers that's come Europe to clear fucking customs, only been waiting three months for that one order.

Chelmsford

It will all.pan out well.in the end

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Well from the people i know the ones who voted remain still think its a fuck up and the ones who voted leave still think it was the right thing t do so dont think people have changed there mind one way or the other.i know that its just a small sample of people but no one seems to have budged either way

Chelmsford

"Well from the people i know the ones who voted remain still think its a fuck up and the ones who voted leave still think it was the right thing t do so dont think people have changed there mind one way or the other.i know that its just a small sample of people but no one seems to have budged either way"

There were always going to be some winners and some losers.

Families and friends divided and Europe out to punish the UK at every opportunity. They have stopped us releasing homing pigeons over there. Now not even the skies are free to birds. I wonder if bird migration will be stopped by Macron. The French cannot have starlings, bluebirds and Swift's crossing the Channel. Or maybe they just encourage them South so they are somebody else's problem.

By *he AmbassadorMan  over a year ago

IRLANDA. / Prague. / Cil Dara

Emmm fish wars,

Sausages stuck in box's at ports,

Fruit unpicked in fields, people having to Holiday in Blackpool (poor bastards)

Shortages of parts coming in from EU based distributors, and a boarder in the middle of the Irish Sea, and almost 1 million Brits in NI feeling very cold as they were left out in the dark by BoJo and his clown Circus which could result in a unified Ireland leaving these people feeling very vulnerable.

Yea not a thing has changed,,

And here's me thinking all the Clowns worked in No10.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Try living in Northern Ireland. Exports to the Republic of Ireland have increased but hundreds of product lines delisted by suppliers and supermarkets because of added difficulty in sourcing them.

That's before you bear in mind that every second or third item you attempt to buy online cannot be delivered to Northern Ireland and even some items that are ordered are then cancelled and refunded by the suppliers a few days later.

"Not a lot has changed to be fair !"

Brexit was and still is a total disaster. It should never have happened. Now we have to live with it. Unfortunately the vast majority of us didn't think it would happen thus we never voted. Me included.

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

If covid hadn’t come along this government would have been crucified for the fiasco that is Brexit.

"If covid hadn’t come along this government would have been crucified for the fiasco that is Brexit. "
nail on the head there Pal.

I think most would

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Brexit was and still is a total disaster. It should never have happened. Now we have to live with it. Unfortunately the vast majority of us didn't think it would happen thus we never voted. Me included. "

And that is something everybody has to live with. And hopefully it will make people think twice in future about not voting.

As for Brexit, we have not yet seen the full impact but we will soon enough. And I do not believe it is what people were hoping for. I can genuinely see both sides even though I am a Remainer - I think we will regret the outcome more than we will celebrate it.

And sadly, the nation remains divided.

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"Bloody has if you’re a business. Been an absolute nightmare and it still is! "

The business I work for is massive. They acquired warehouses in Europe as we sell to many international customers to try to make doing business easier.

We have recently....just for the foreseeable stopped supplying to international customers.

It's just been such a ball ache

Chelmsford

Brexit was and still is a total disaster. It should never have happened. Now we have to live with it. Unfortunately the vast majority of us didn't think it would happen thus we never voted. Me included.

And that is something everybody has to live with. And hopefully it will make people think twice in future about not voting.

As for Brexit, we have not yet seen the full impact but we will soon enough. And I do not believe it is what people were hoping for. I can genuinely see both sides even though I am a Remainer - I think we will regret the outcome more than we will celebrate it.

And sadly, the nation remains divided. "

Well surely the nation would be divided if we were back in. And divided if out. Those who wanted to remain often talk about a divided nation but often can't see the other side of the coin.

And sadly, the nation remains divided.

Well surely the nation would be divided if we were back in. And divided if out. Those who wanted to remain often talk about a divided nation but often can't see the other side of the coin. "

And vice versa - I am still waiting to hear about just one substantial benefit of Brexit to unfold in front of my eyes.

But as I said, we all have to live with it now... and try to make the best of a less than amazing situation.

"Bloody has if you’re a business. Been an absolute nightmare and it still is!

The business I work for is massive. They acquired warehouses in Europe as we sell to many international customers to try to make doing business easier.

We have recently....just for the foreseeable stopped supplying to international customers.

"

Unfortunately, that is all I have been hearing and I take no joy from hearing it. I feel genuinely sorry for anybody who has been adversely affected.

Chelmsford

The biggest driver, and only in opinion, were the two Project Fear clowns called Osborne and Cameron. They really played their cards badly and we only got the vote because they thought the result would be to remain.

"The biggest driver, and only in opinion, were the two Project Fear clowns called Osborne and Cameron. They really played their cards badly and we only got the vote because they thought the result would be to remain. "

Cameron's biggest fuckup, verging on criminality, was to pitch a vote that had the potential to bulldoze the applecart, not just upend it, and to do it on a simple majority. Should have been a supermajority of 60 or even 66% to upset a pretty comfortable and advantageous status quo. That's not just sore loser Bremoaning, it's a basic principle of politics, and I couldn't fucking believe it when I saw the terms of the vote.

"The biggest driver, and only in opinion, were the two Project Fear clowns called Osborne and Cameron. They really played their cards badly and we only got the vote because they thought the result would be to remain. "

And project fear as, as we both know, actually being pursued and well-owned by the likes of Farage, showing in front of a queue of migrants and suggesting we would allow millions of these people into the country.

A well, as I said, I can (could) see both sides. I could understand the fear in people thinking the UK would be overrun by immigrants, who would steal their jobs - because that is what they were told.

Now Mr Wetherspoon to name but one, is calling for immigrants to be let in as I cannot find cheap staff. Incidentally so are many British famers who do not have the (usual) staff to harvest.

"The biggest driver, and only in opinion, were the two Project Fear clowns called Osborne and Cameron. They really played their cards badly and we only got the vote because they thought the result would be to remain.

Cameron's biggest fuckup, verging on criminality, was to pitch a vote that had the potential to bulldoze the applecart, not just upend it, and to do it on a simple majority. Should have been a supermajority of 60 or even 66% to upset a pretty comfortable and advantageous status quo. That's not just sore loser Bremoaning, it's a basic principle of politics, and I couldn't fucking believe it when I saw the terms of the vote. "

"Now Mr Wetherspoon to name but one, is calling for immigrants to be let in as I cannot find cheap staff. Incidentally so are many British famers who do not have the (usual) staff to harvest."

Just as an aside. Is it a thing that nativist idiots all have unkempt shit hair? Tim Martin, Boris, Trump, Bannon. I've seen better barnets on the Brum traffic light beggars than these political geniuses.

"Well from the people i know the ones who voted remain still think its a fuck up and the ones who voted leave still think it was the right thing t do so dont think people have changed there mind one way or the other.i know that its just a small sample of people but no one seems to have budged either way

Families and friends divided and Europe out to punish the UK at every opportunity. They have stopped us releasing homing pigeons over there. Now not even the skies are free to birds. I wonder if bird migration will be stopped by Macron. The French cannot have starlings, bluebirds and Swift's crossing the Channel. Or maybe they just encourage them South so they are somebody else's problem."

The skies are still 'free to birds' - but if you want to take animals/birds into Europe there are now restrictions - just as there are for Europeans wanting take animals / birds / pigeons into the Uk. This is effectively what the vote was about - imposing border controls. Our pigeon racers are now in the same position as pigeon racers from the rest of the world.

There are a lot of EU citizens who have lived here and paid taxes for many years who still dont know if they can stay in this country. Many have been working for the NHS and as carers over this awful last 18 months. We can complain that people who have a pigeon racing hobby are a bit put out but what about the anxiety these people and their familes are enduring? That is firmly down to the UK Govt.

Its non sensical to vote for border controls and then moan that the EU is 'out to punish the UK at every opportunity' because it seeks to carry out an agreement that our people voted for and our current Government then negotiated the details on.

It might be uncomfortable but we should take responsibility individually and as a country for the consequences of our actions rather than keep saying its all somebody elses fault.

"Well from the people i know the ones who voted remain still think its a fuck up and the ones who voted leave still think it was the right thing t do so dont think people have changed there mind one way or the other.i know that its just a small sample of people but no one seems to have budged either way

Families and friends divided and Europe out to punish the UK at every opportunity. They have stopped us releasing homing pigeons over there. Now not even the skies are free to birds. I wonder if bird migration will be stopped by Macron. The French cannot have starlings, bluebirds and Swift's crossing the Channel. Or maybe they just encourage them South so they are somebody else's problem.

The skies are still 'free to birds' - but if you want to take animals/birds into Europe there are now restrictions - just as there are for Europeans wanting take animals / birds / pigeons into the Uk. This is effectively what the vote was about - imposing border controls. Our pigeon racers are now in the same position as pigeon racers from the rest of the world.

There are a lot of EU citizens who have lived here and paid taxes for many years who still dont know if they can stay in this country. Many have been working for the NHS and as carers over this awful last 18 months. We can complain that people who have a pigeon racing hobby are a bit put out but what about the anxiety these people and their familes are enduring? That is firmly down to the UK Govt.

Its non sensical to vote for border controls and then moan that the EU is 'out to punish the UK at every opportunity' because it seeks to carry out an agreement that our people voted for and our current Government then negotiated the details on.

It might be uncomfortable but we should take responsibility individually and as a country for the consequences of our actions rather than keep saying its all somebody elses fault."

Well said. ^^

Paradise, Herts

"Bloody has if you’re a business. Been an absolute nightmare and it still is!

"

Yes I’ve stopped selling internationally too. Ball ache is an understatement!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"If covid hadn’t come along this government would have been crucified for the fiasco that is Brexit. "

One problem hiding another for the moment.

"Yes I’ve stopped selling internationally too. Ball ache is an understatement! "

Truth.

In my job we used to sell a lot to European customers. As simple as sticking a DPD label on the box and off it goes. Arrived in a couple of days and no fuss.

Now, it's full customs declaration itemised line by line for each item, with HS commodity codes, value stated, country of origin of goods. And we don't even sell food products, which I know have even more hoops to jump through.

After the carton's sat for several days in the courier's backlogged customs clearance centre, the customer then gets presented with a local VAT/duty/handling charge invoice before it gets delivered.

Why anybody in Europe would buy British any more is beyond me. Other than the pound is completely tanked against the Euro I suppose. We look cheap before everything else factors in.

Chelmsford

"Yes I’ve stopped selling internationally too. Ball ache is an understatement!

Truth.

In my job we used to sell a lot to European customers. As simple as sticking a DPD label on the box and off it goes. Arrived in a couple of days and no fuss.

Now, it's full customs declaration itemised line by line for each item, with HS commodity codes, value stated, country of origin of goods. And we don't even sell food products, which I know have even more hoops to jump through.

After the carton's sat for several days in the courier's backlogged customs clearance centre, the customer then gets presented with a local VAT/duty/handling charge invoice before it gets delivered.

Why anybody in Europe would buy British any more is beyond me. Other than the pound is completely tanked against the Euro I suppose. We look cheap before everything else factors in. "

And there lies the problem.

Humans and a rigged market..

We’re five years on already? Feels like we’ve regressed as a country in that time

But in reality it's not 5 years on

Its 5 years on from the vote.

Nothing changed until a few months ago really, and look how much shite the last few months came with

Come back in a few months and ask the Question, Brexit 1 year on and see how the shit show deteriorated.

Chelmsford

It will be fine.. few teething problems and all ok...

"But in reality it's not 5 years on

Its 5 years on from the vote.

Nothing changed until a few months ago really, and look how much shite the last few months came with

Come back in a few months and ask the Question, Brexit 1 year on and see how the shit show deteriorated. "

I think - I fear you are right.

Paradise, Herts

"Yes I’ve stopped selling internationally too. Ball ache is an understatement!

Truth.

Why anybody in Europe would buy British any more is beyond me. Other than the pound is completely tanked against the Euro I suppose. We look cheap before everything else factors in. "

Yep all that too. And the other way around! Some of my suppliers are international. Another ball ache in itself! And!! They don’t even know what’s going on!

"It will be fine.. few teething problems and all ok..."

Shush now children.....everything will be alright if we bury our heads in the sand and when we come up for air.... keep repeating that everthing will be alright. If we keep saying it..... then it must be true. Plus, its everyones elses fault if its not alright - remember.

I wonder if this could catch on in Government?

" Yep all that too. And the other way around! Some of my suppliers are international. Another ball ache in itself! And!! They don’t even know what’s going on! "

We used to import lots of EU products and often resell to EU customers. Now I know this is counterintuitive but it's how exchange rates work.

Now some of those EU products are apparently off-limits for export to the UK for whatever reason. I don't have the full story, we just cannot get them shipped.

Chelmsford

That's capitalism for you.. survival of the fittest..

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"It will be fine.. few teething problems and all ok...

Shush now children.....everything will be alright if we bury our heads in the sand and when we come up for air.... keep repeating that everthing will be alright. If we keep saying it..... then it must be true. Plus, its everyones elses fault if its not alright - remember.

I wonder if this could catch on in Government? "

Chelmsford

"It will be fine.. few teething problems and all ok...

I wonder if this could catch on in Government?

"

Labour and Tories alike.

Never trust the buggers

» Add a new message to this topic