FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cambridge Weight Plan

Cambridge Weight Plan

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ipgloss.. OP   Woman  over a year ago

Stourbridge

Anyone done it?

I'm thinking of giving it a go!

Obviously the company literature raves about it, but I want real opinions on it not hand picked ones

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I did it years ago and kept fainting. You dont have much to it. Not sure if they do bars as well as sachets. I do know that some drs now have it on there recommended lists so it cant be all bad. Ive friends that have done it, lost quite a bit but put it back on again once they stopped. But good luck

Stourbridge

They have bars, shakes, soups, porridge and some ready meal type dinners.

Guess if you're quite active it's not going to be good for you.

Got a fair bit I want to lose and tried the usual diets but I had very slow , this seems to produce real results in good time!

Thanks for your reply

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tried it twice and failed - its very very difficult and I wouldn't recommend it as it ultimately doesn't (in my opinion) make you face your relationship with food, it just takes it out of the equation then many go back to eating how they did as never made a positive change.

I lost 5st in 4 months last year by calorie counting and exercising. 1500cal + trying not to eat a lot of carbs + an hours cardio most days. I didn't pile it back on and even though I'm now struggling to stay on track as much to lose the rest I have genuinely changed my relationship with food for the better.

Slow and steady wins the race, its not about a diet its about changing how you eat for the rest of your life.

Good luck no matter what you do x

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Only 1 in 10 people who follow this sort of diet lose weight and keep it off... the rest put it back on and then some.

They said so on This Morning.

Must agree there, relative of mine done this diet years ago, weight fell off but unfortunately went back on (plus more) just as quickly once you start eating properly again.

I kept fainting on this too and was always hungry

Now I do Slimming World and lost a shed load of weight and am NEVER hungry

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

go for slimming world or weight watchers...both get you to really think about what food you are eating...but also give the scope for you to have pretty much anything if you really need to satisfy a craving (just not several times a day, lol), and if you increase your physical activity as well you will see quite impressive results pretty quickly. It doesn't have to be gym-type exercise either...just start to walk....even 15 minutes a day will make a difference. Good luck

Stourbridge

Thanks peeps

I'm having second thoughts now. I've always done slimming world but progress was quite slow, 2-3lbs a week.

I want it done overnight hahaha

I did it about 2 years ago and lost feck'n loads really quickly. I got to the lightest I had been since my 20's

I kept the weight off for about a year or so, then gained a little but not heaps. The weight only really went mad when I did my back in, no exercise and comfort eating

I would go back on it like a shot, even just for a couple of months to get a start then stay on track just eating sensibly

I did it a while back and within a month or so was sicking the stuff back up. It was all too samey.

The other side effect it had on me was what a doctor might describe as 'faecal urgency'

So with the being sick and the wild shites, it is great for losing weight

Dear Lip

Get a book called the Food Doctor Every Day Diet (by Ian Marber) It explains the rationale behind the body and how it deals with all the foods we eat and how we can train the body to burn its own fat.

Its not easy but its better that extreme diets that will not train your body and mind.

I lost five stone (over a 18 month period) by eating 1500 carloies of food with a low GI. Fad diets rarely work but can give you that start you need.

Good luck

Never followed any diet plans in my life and am not going to start now.

burn more than you put on and ignore fad diets,just eat healthy and work out.

ive got the fitness pal app on my phone its really good and an eye opener into how many calories i really eat.....for example i thought i was being healthy having a big bowl of muesli for breakfast but when i weighed it it was 450KCAL!!!!! So now i know and adapt my choices.

» Add a new message to this topic