FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Personal trainers

Personal trainers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Right here goes

Lockdown love handles, lumps and bumps, a muffin top that could rival greggs and coop lands.

Nearly everyone has felt the chaos and carnage that these lockdowns have caused.

Just eat have swallowed more money than mortgage payments this past year and a bit.

That being said

Are there any personal trainers on here that are willing to help fellow fabbers out???

Maybe even offer a cheeky fab discount ??????

And if there are... Who would be interested

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have already met a guy that's a personal trainer.. I would definitely like to work out with him enough to make me lose weight... Does that count?

"I have already met a guy that's a personal trainer.. I would definitely like to work out with him enough to make me lose weight... Does that count? "

I suppose in a way that counts you are technically getting personal training and also paying for the services in kind haha

I’d just enquire at your local gym. Online personal trainers are good but it’s not like having someone with you whilst you workout to make sure your form and everything is correct. Like if you’re willing to pay actual money I’d go for someone you can meet in person.

"I’d just enquire at your local gym. Online personal trainers are good but it’s not like having someone with you whilst you workout to make sure your form and everything is correct. Like if you’re willing to pay actual money I’d go for someone you can meet in person. "

Good evening

"I’d just enquire at your local gym. Online personal trainers are good but it’s not like having someone with you whilst you workout to make sure your form and everything is correct. Like if you’re willing to pay actual money I’d go for someone you can meet in person. "

This is a good point and we'll presented.

I just thought maybe there are some online trainers that possibly frequent this site that could do with a bit of a financial/fun bolstering lol

Hey mate, I could be your man! Drop me a DM and we can discuss it!

"Hey mate, I could be your man! Drop me a DM and we can discuss it! "

Pm sent my mate

Selecting a PT is a minefield and not that easy.

For the most part, 95% of PT's in gyms dont know there arse from their elbow and are completely useless.

Its not a heavily regulated industry and most just require a REPS level 3 type qualifications which isn't hard and doesn't take long to get.

There are very good PT's out there(the other 5%) and get business on reputation and word of mouth.

That's where I'd look rather than asking the idiot you'll probably find in your local gym.

By *ersey GirlCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I've had 4 personal trainers over the years. 3 I paid for and 1 was included in my gym membership. The free one wasn't 1-1 but was no less effective. They can be expensive but worth every penny. Good luck OP. Hope you find one

R

"Selecting a PT is a minefield and not that easy.

For the most part, 95% of PT's in gyms dont know there arse from their elbow and are completely useless.

Its not a heavily regulated industry and most just require a REPS level 3 type qualifications which isn't hard and doesn't take long to get.

There are very good PT's out there(the other 5%) and get business on reputation and word of mouth.

That's where I'd look rather than asking the idiot you'll probably find in your local gym.

"

This is an excellent point buddy.

Most of the pt's in my area have done the quick distance learning course and are as thin as a smack heads vein.

"I've had 4 personal trainers over the years. 3 I paid for and 1 was included in my gym membership. The free one wasn't 1-1 but was no less effective. They can be expensive but worth every penny. Good luck OP. Hope you find one

R"

Thanks Jersey girl

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Decide what you want a PT for and make a decision based in that.

Is it weights? Cardio etc. Will you be in a gym? Or working out from home without a gym?

It might be better to just join a gym and sign up for their free group classes if it's simply weight lose you are after or a general style workout.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I really need help and just get bored at the gym/never really feel I'm doing the right exercise.

I would definitely benefit from someone standing over me telling me I have to do another rep/minute etc. I don't think I have enough self discipline when it comes to eating/fitness.

"Decide what you want a PT for and make a decision based in that.

Is it weights? Cardio etc. Will you be in a gym? Or working out from home without a gym?

It might be better to just join a gym and sign up for their free group classes if it's simply weight lose you are after or a general style workout. "

Hi mate totally get where your coming from.

I used to be heavy into my rugby but then a ban and injury saw to a long stint away from it.

My goal now is to improve my cv but I also need to try and improve my muscle mass.

So far I'm sticking to a push pull legs routine with HIIT sessions 2 to 3 times a week.

The main thing a pt is needed for is like ceedee is saying for the encouragement and someone to keep you in line.... Oh and tweaks to plans and nutrition wouldn't go a miss either lol

"I really need help and just get bored at the gym/never really feel I'm doing the right exercise.

I would definitely benefit from someone standing over me telling me I have to do another rep/minute etc. I don't think I have enough self discipline when it comes to eating/fitness. "

This is the biggest problem for most people....

Alot of it is in your own head I understand that but yeah someone to push you is the best part of having a pt.

» Add a new message to this topic