FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Your use of block function

Your use of block function

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

do you use the block function on here much if you do what makes you use it?

do you use it only if someone has contacted you or as a precaution to stop them from contacting you in the future or just so they cant ever look at you?

Ive noticed a few blocks by people Ive never spoken to or liked any of their pics or anything like that and unlikely to in the future which is up to them and fine but not sure what it actually achieves as I was never going to contact them anyway

I only block back as im petty like that but dont block anyone first as I dont care who looks or who doesnt

what are your reasons for using block?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I very rarely use it. Someone really had to be pestering me in PMs for that.

I sometimes use it for Tories, not conservatives, but Tories specifically

By *irty desireWoman  over a year ago

newcatle

Many reasons

Abuse

Too close

Moaning status

Repeat returners with same pics

Bum hole picks on my updates

Loads of reasons

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

I block someone if I find their profile majorly off putting or they have an offensive attitude that way they don't come up in my local updates.

"do you use the block function on here much if you do what makes you use it?

do you use it only if someone has contacted you or as a precaution to stop them from contacting you in the future or just so they cant ever look at you?

Ive noticed a few blocks by people Ive never spoken to or liked any of their pics or anything like that and unlikely to in the future which is up to them and fine but not sure what it actually achieves as I was never going to contact them anyway

I only block back as im petty like that but dont block anyone first as I dont care who looks or who doesnt

what are your reasons for using block? "

I’m blocked by a few too. I’m going to go with they don’t like me or how I come across in the forums which is fine as I don’t care.

I use it when someone repeatedly messages me and I’m not interested or if I recognise them.

I don't use it

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

I use it for abusive messages, mentioning drugs in message or status each to their own but it’s not my thing, people offering money and people who moan about others in their status

"I block someone if I find their profile majorly off putting or they have an offensive attitude that way they don't come up in my local updates."

ah ok I didn’t no that it stops them showing on local updates that might be a good thing haha

By *harlotteBigBoobsWoman  over a year ago

Hull

I block people who's status are moaning about the sight and say they're are gonna leave but still on a week later moaning about it. I block people who in first message are just damn right vulgar and those constantly message even though I've said a polite no x

I'm not a blocker ... have to be extremely rude to get there, though I have blocked the odd one for repeatedly moaning statuses just so I don't have them in my local feed

By *9 kisses.Man  over a year ago

clacton on sea

I have blocked loads for various reasons,

One of them is if I send a message to a woman or couple and they read it and delete it then I block them,

Cleary they are not interested in me so I won't waste my time or theirs in the future with messaging them,

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

All the time but you really have to piss me off, for me to use it.

Mutual blocking, block me I’ll block back.

Homophobic, Transphobic, Racist etc..

Views you have on the forums that I find abhorrent, why meet someone you know you won’t get on with ?

Those who message continuously and don’t get the hint or direct ...I’m not interested.

I’d say I have an average amount of people I’ve blocked over the years. Not so many these days as I have chilled out now and don’t get too upset over things.

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

Many many reasons we block, all for good reasons.

Gyne pics, messy backgrounds, hnh, certain usernames, moaning on status, did not turn up's & weekly returning profiles are just some.

I've been here since 2009 on and off and never blocked a single person.

When I first joined if I messaged someone and they didn’t reply, deleted it etc I used to block them. Not bec I was petty (although I am ) just so I didn’t waste mine or their time messaging them again by accident.

I haven’t done that for a long time though. I don’t think I’ve blocked anyone on this profile or my previous couple

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

No but if you keep on and on

Yes

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

"do you use the block function on here much if you do what makes you use it?

what are your reasons for using block? "

Normally I block abusive people, people who message disgusting things (poo play) and such..

That’s all, unless you’ve annoyed me...

Then I usually unblock after a day or so.

Block for to close

Block for abuse

Block for not take no and continue on the convo like I all ready not sed no

Block for your profile lieing ie straight seeking woman and couples but messages a tv/ts

Block for if I catch a profile older then a month no pics no vers and no photo ver

By *oublesixesMan  over a year ago

Corby

I've blocked many where I'm not what they're looking for

"I use it for abusive messages, mentioning drugs in message or status each to their own but it’s not my thing"

^^ This for sure, but also sounds daft but when everyone was in lockdown those who were putting up status' asking for meets etc

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

We are very sparing with our blocking. We have blocked less than 10 people, for not getting the message or for being rude and/or annoying.

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

Generally, I only block racists.

I don't think I've blocked anyone yet.

You'd have to be:

a) racist

b) hassling me.

c) obviously really thick.

We block if people keep messaging after weve politely told them we're not interested. Also the same reasons as most people. Abuse etc

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

The blocking feature on here is nothing but a positive feature.

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I use it, helps to filter out people. I block if sent a dick pic, abusive messages, constantly messaging to no reply, status’ I don’t like, single profiles with bareback photos with other women, questionable behaviour in forums, offering money etc.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"The blocking feature on here is nothing but a positive feature."

You beat me to it!

Previously, I’ve blocked for rude/crude/abusive messages, however over the last 3/4 months I’ve blocked more people for their awful attitudes in the forum, usually misogynistic/sexist posts.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Preemptive measure more than anything. If I dislike somebody for whatever reason, be it interaction on the forum or just not getting any good vibe from their profile during a search. It would remove any chance of a private interaction from them, no matter how small a chance it might be.

Maybe they have said something extremely creepy in a status or on the forum and people don't feel comfortable with them viewing their profile/pics. Block fixes that.

Thing is, unless you are looking at their profile you won't know if you are blocked.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

"Previously, I’ve blocked for rude/crude/abusive messages, however over the last 3/4 months I’ve blocked more people for their awful attitudes in the forum, usually misogynistic/sexist posts.

"

Spot on. My reasoning as well.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

"Preemptive measure more than anything. If I dislike somebody for whatever reason, be it interaction on the forum or just not getting any good vibe from their profile during a search. It would remove any chance of a private interaction from them, no matter how small a chance it might be.

Maybe they have said something extremely creepy in a status or on the forum and people don't feel comfortable with them viewing their profile/pics. Block fixes that.

Thing is, unless you are looking at their profile you won't know if you are blocked. "

This too

"Preemptive measure more than anything. If I dislike somebody for whatever reason, be it interaction on the forum or just not getting any good vibe from their profile during a search. It would remove any chance of a private interaction from them, no matter how small a chance it might be.

Thing is, unless you are looking at their profile you won't know if you are blocked.

This too "

Ooh, yes. This one for me too

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Thing is, unless you are looking at their profile you won't know if you are blocked. "

^ this. I don't have many blocked but if I do there's normally a decent reason. Or it was during my period.

I block profiles that send abusive and disgusting messages to me. Also people who are way too pushy demanding and obnoxious.

Constant messaging on the borderline of harassment is the only reason I block usually or if your a complete twat.. either or.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"The blocking feature on here is nothing but a positive feature.

You beat me to it! "

I said 'feature' one too many times though!

Everyone should use their's to block me

"Previously, I’ve blocked for rude/crude/abusive messages, however over the last 3/4 months I’ve blocked more people for their awful attitudes in the forum, usually misogynistic/sexist posts.

"

yeah but what does blocking someone because you dont like their forum posts achieve other than that initial rush of satisfaction of pressing the button cos you can still see all their forum posts I think / unless theyre messaging you or pestering you when it would make sense of course

I would get it if it hid their forum posts from you but it doesn’t you can still see them as far as I know??

yeah that makes sense if you dont want them seeing your pics etc but if someone is really determined to look then there are ways but it does stop the casual perve I suppose

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I don't really block many people...usually just if I think they're a complete cockwomble.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

It use it often - beware

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

My guess is some of your forum posts have had people reaching for the block button

yeah but what does blocking someone because you dont like their forum posts achieve other than that initial rush of satisfaction of pressing the button cos you can still see all their forum posts I think / unless theyre messaging you or pestering you when it would make sense of course

I would get it if it hid their forum posts from you but it doesn’t you can still see them as far as I know?? "

As someone said above, if someone is really creepy/misogynistic/horrible, I don’t want them viewing my profile. That may sound ridiculous, but that’s my choice.

I block so I don’t have to read their forum posts, brilliant feature.

Who said that ?

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

Only a few times.

For people that have sent me messages telling me Covid is a conspiracy, and for guys that will not except that I'm actually straight.

"My guess is some of your forum posts have had people reaching for the block button"

probably and thats fine and up to them if they want to if they don’t like them

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

"I block so I don’t have to read their forum posts, brilliant feature. "

I didn't think the block stops you or them seeing each others posts.

I would get it if it hid their forum posts from you but it doesn’t you can still see them as far as I know??

As someone said above, if someone is really creepy/misogynistic/horrible, I don’t want them viewing my profile. That may sound ridiculous, but that’s my choice.

"

fair enough and I don’t blame you

"I block so I don’t have to read their forum posts, brilliant feature.

I didn't think the block stops you or them seeing each others posts. "

Who said that ?

"I block so I don’t have to read their forum posts, brilliant feature.

I didn't think the block stops you or them seeing each others posts.

Who said that ?"

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I block for all kinds of weird and wonderful reasons

I block mainly because I'm not interested and I don't want to waste their time. I mean that in the nicest way possible to!

I would get it if it hid their forum posts from you but it doesn’t you can still see them as far as I know?? "

The reason we also block some people after reading their forum posts is if we get a message from them maybe 6 weeks, or 6 months later, we would have forgotten about their posts. Blocking initially takes that risk away.

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

I've considered blocking local guys that keep dropping by to unfab and refab my photos, I don't know what they think they will achieve from it other than making themselves look weird

I use it to filter out no hopers from my local feed.

The reason we also block some people after reading their forum posts is if we get a message from them maybe 6 weeks, or 6 months later, we would have forgotten about their posts. Blocking initially takes that risk away. "

that makes sense tbf good point

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

I've only done it once, as it didn't work the way I thought it would do.

By *not123Couple  over a year ago

sp1

We use it for abusive comments, some that just won't take no for an answer or ones that say we arnt their type or our situations just so we don't message then later

By *tue555Man  over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

I use the block button for many different reasons. What bemuses me is when people tell you they are blocking you, like in their heads it is like some kind of punishment for some reason. I don't care lol if I block it is just done

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Every day, look who has viewed, under 30, over 60 blocked as of no interest.

Male Bi or Bi curious, blocked.

Look like a serial killer, Blocked.

100% cock pics, Blocked, you get the gist.

By *issChief 200Woman  over a year ago

South West

My block button is getting a lot of action. Especially over this last year. Anyone meeting during Covid, especially those during lockdowns & those attending parties during this time.

Messages that are nasty & abusive get blocked & sadly those guys that just dont understand a polite no thanks.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I've only ever blocked a handful of people all with good reason.

As I don't "hunt" meets I have no need to rule people out by blocking them nor do I get that many pestering messages for that to be a reason either.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

If you’re on the block list then you deserve it

» Add a new message to this topic