FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fucking Covid keeps fucking me!!

Fucking Covid keeps fucking me!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Turns out PC parts aren't the only things in short supply.

You can't buy bike parts either

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Or building supplies, had two jobs put on hold because of it, plaster the worst at the moment, then timber, mate said it’s 22 week leads on some kitchens.

Cost of stuff is mental at the moment as well.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Steel is really hard to get at the moment too

"Or building supplies, had two jobs put on hold because of it, plaster the worst at the moment, then timber, mate said it’s 22 week leads on some kitchens.

"

Yeah it’s crazy isn’t it!

Only going to get worse I think, shipping lead times are outrageous.

Companies are ordering based off demand and not keeping much in stock, I’d even pay B and Q prices but they are out of so much at the moment.

Absolute nightmare

By *B69Woman  over a year ago

Wiltshire

I’m trying to move house and it’s taking forever

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I had this conversation yesterday with a friend who works in shipping logistics...

The container ship that got stuck in the Suez is now being held to ransom for the rescue costs accrued. It’s in port in ......Denmark? The Taiwanese company that own it cannot foot the Bill so they are asking all companies with containers on board to contribute. The cost would bankrupt the smaller companies.

On top of that .... the 350 odd ships that got caught up in it lost their pre booked slots in ports to unload their cargo. Some are still waiting to be allocated a slot to unload.

A lot of the goods will have expired and no longer be fit for sale

It includes hundreds of companies now experiencing shortages ....

Pleased to be of service

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

Is it Covid or brexit that’s to blame last week we couldn’t get any bread as they were on strike as hovis don’t pay their workers the same here as they do in Great Britain

Had a client that told me that bikes are is such demand that not a single shop down here has one! Most are facing closure as they aren't expecting any bikes now for up to a year with the backlog of orders!

"Is it Covid or brexit that’s to blame last week we couldn’t get any bread as they were on strike as hovis don’t pay their workers the same here as they do in Great Britain "

But if both unfortunately, there is delays and price increases due to brexit, but mainly it’s COVID.

British gypsum stopped production a while ago because of COVID, they have started up again, but getting the raw materials to make the stuff is delayed, they have used up all the backup stuff and now struggling to met demand.

Timer is more to do with the countries that produce it, the weather and logistics are causing the main issues there.

With pent up demand and everyone doing diy whilst on furlough they have used up all the stock, taking months to get back to normal I believe, but like me had to delay two jobs because of it.l, no doubt will be more

"Had a client that told me that bikes are is such demand that not a single shop down here has one! Most are facing closure as they aren't expecting any bikes now for up to a year with the backlog of orders! "

What?

There's plenty of new bikes in the stores I've been to

I just can't find any parts online

"Had a client that told me that bikes are is such demand that not a single shop down here has one! Most are facing closure as they aren't expecting any bikes now for up to a year with the backlog of orders!

What?

I just can't find any parts online"

Oh I'm at the end of the line! And they've all literally sold out ...

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Bloody anti vaxxers.

"Had a client that told me that bikes are is such demand that not a single shop down here has one! Most are facing closure as they aren't expecting any bikes now for up to a year with the backlog of orders!

What?

Oh I'm at the end of the line! And they've all literally sold out ... "

Are you just looking online?

What?

Are you just looking online?"

No just the bike shops ... I have one! A client was looking

What?

Are you just looking online?

No just the bike shops ... I have one! A client was looking "

Haha enjoy

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

"Had a client that told me that bikes are is such demand that not a single shop down here has one! Most are facing closure as they aren't expecting any bikes now for up to a year with the backlog of orders! "

There’s a shortage of bikes here as well. I’ve been waiting 3 months for mine.

You should see how much you can get for some empty calor gas bottles at the mo

Brexit and Suez mainly to blame. One supplier we use say lead time of 7-10 days when out of stock, they are now saying 28 weeks...dickhead Brexit retards.

Weve even had stuff take 8 weeks to arrive from Germany. Couldn't make this shit up.

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"Or building supplies, had two jobs put on hold because of it, plaster the worst at the moment, then timber, mate said it’s 22 week leads on some kitchens.

"

Tell me about it, nearly three months I've been waiting for my new flat to be renovated!

Just got back from the repair shop, they can't get a replacement part until August...

By *herry OnatopWoman  over a year ago

Just over there

"Just got back from the repair shop, they can't get a replacement part until August..."

August is the lead time for parts but I did receive some yesterday that were due end of June so production is picking up slowly.

Problem is when the far eastern countries lockdown the foundries shut and the metal components stop being produced. Mainstream bikes are due for shortage from now until the end of the year again. Parts to repair are 3 months behind. Its a nightmare if you work in this industry!

"Just got back from the repair shop, they can't get a replacement part until August...

August is the lead time for parts but I did receive some yesterday that were due end of June so production is picking up slowly.

Problem is when the far eastern countries lockdown the foundries shut and the metal components stop being produced. Mainstream bikes are due for shortage from now until the end of the year again. Parts to repair are 3 months behind. Its a nightmare if you work in this industry! "

It's a nightmare for a customer too, I just want to ride my bike

Will look online for a bottom bracket and then all the other local bike shops.

My work are running a cycle to work scheme , I looked at getting a bike, none available in a size XL until at least June 2022 and that was on the industry websites, I was advised to hunt or phone around smaller shops to see if any actually have any in stock, none in any as far as Leeds Carlisle and B’ham. Shimano parts are just not happening either

» Add a new message to this topic