FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Price of petrol?

Price of petrol?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So random question but how much do you reckon I’d need in petrol to get from Leicester to Manchester?

I have a little Chevrolet matiz but only been driving since last Thursday so still on my first £10 of petrol lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Does your car do mpg, or lpk?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I drive a car that I dont even bother reading the mpg in.. so sorry can't help. I roughly say 70miles for 10quid these days more on a run

"Does your car do mpg, or lpk? "

No idea what that even means

"I drive a car that I dont even bother reading the mpg in.. so sorry can't help. I roughly say 70miles for 10quid these days more on a run "

So if I stick £30, I should at least be able to make it one way maybe?

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I drive a car that I dont even bother reading the mpg in.. so sorry can't help. I roughly say 70miles for 10quid these days more on a run "

When you go for a run, do you wear your best trainers?

By *aggy dollsCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

"I drive a car that I dont even bother reading the mpg in.. so sorry can't help. I roughly say 70miles for 10quid these days more on a run

So if I stick £30, I should at least be able to make it one way maybe? "

That's probably about right, I'd say about 45-50 quid for a round trip. Depending how heavy your right foot is.

Mr H.

By *ezzelsMan  over a year ago

cheshire and north wales

30 quid will more than enough...parking in Manchester however..that’s another story.x

"I drive a car that I dont even bother reading the mpg in.. so sorry can't help. I roughly say 70miles for 10quid these days more on a run

So if I stick £30, I should at least be able to make it one way maybe?

That's probably about right, I'd say about 45-50 quid for a round trip. Depending how heavy your right foot is.

Mr H."

Tis pretty heavy

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So random question but how much do you reckon I’d need in petrol to get from Leicester to Manchester?

I have a little Chevrolet matiz but only been driving since last Thursday so still on my first £10 of petrol lol"

I wouldn't try to cut it that close. You never know what could happen amd traffic jams will guzzle fuel.

If you rrun out of petrol you could get shunted, or get fined £100 i think.

Its always best to carry fuel you dont anticipate needing than not have what you end up needing

"30 quid will more than enough...parking in Manchester however..that’s another story.x"

I think I can park at my daughters flat. They have a car park

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Does your car do mpg, or lpk?

No idea what that even means "

Back in the day, we bought petrol/diesel in gallons, now it's all in litres. Miles per gallon, litres per kilometre

Back in the day, we bought petrol/diesel in gallons, now it's all in litres. Miles per gallon, litres per kilometre "

Well it’s 112 miles away lol

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

"So random question but how much do you reckon I’d need in petrol to get from Leicester to Manchester?

I have a little Chevrolet matiz but only been driving since last Thursday so still on my first £10 of petrol lol"

A matiz doesn’t have a powerful engine. My car has a 2.2l engine and Leicester to Manchester is approx 105 miles according to Google maps.

That would cost me about £8 each way if the roads are clear and no stop start problems due to traffic or roadworks.

I have a little Chevrolet matiz but only been driving since last Thursday so still on my first £10 of petrol lol

I wouldn't try to cut it that close. You never know what could happen amd traffic jams will guzzle fuel.

If you rrun out of petrol you could get shunted, or get fined £100 i think.

Its always best to carry fuel you dont anticipate needing than not have what you end up needing

"

I didn’t mean I was gonna attempt to get to Manchester on what’s left in the tank lol.

A matiz doesn’t have a powerful engine. My car has a 2.2l engine and Leicester to Manchester is approx 105 miles according to Google maps.

That would cost me about £8 each way if the roads are clear and no stop start problems due to traffic or roadworks. "

Thanks

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

That would cost me about £8 each way if the roads are clear and no stop start problems due to traffic or roadworks. "

But I mainly drive with cruise control so my foot isn’t moving up and down on the accelerator all the time. It’s more fuel efficient

That would cost me about £8 each way if the roads are clear and no stop start problems due to traffic or roadworks.

But I mainly drive with cruise control so my foot isn’t moving up and down on the accelerator all the time. It’s more fuel efficient "

Well I’ll stick £30 in and hope for the best then

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I'd factor in a bit more...I presume you'll be going over Woodhead, and there are some big hills which small the engine will struggle to get up, plus lots of changing gear because of the windy road, which will both use more fuel than staying at a constant speed on a flat, straight road ...I'd guess about £30 each way. If it's any less then you still have some fuel left in your tank after the trip, but if I'm making a longer trip in any new (to me) car I'd always fill the tank and see how much it actually uses

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Well I’ll stick £30 in and hope for the best then "

If you run out, you might get to meet a hunky AA/RAC man

Back in the day, we bought petrol/diesel in gallons, now it's all in litres. Miles per gallon, litres per kilometre

Well it’s 112 miles away lol"

Should be able to do return trip for half a tank (£30?)

"Well I’ll stick £30 in and hope for the best then

If you run out, you might get to meet a hunky AA/RAC man "

That’s very true. I shall do that then and hope I don’t get a non hunky man lol

By *ezzelsMan  over a year ago

cheshire and north wales

Sorted then. Spend the savings on a cocktail or two !!!..x

Should get around 45 miles to the gallon depending on motorway or urban driving

My advice to any new driver is this…..

Leave the needle on the gauge go down past the red, and your fuel indicator will have been on and illuminated to say ‘fuel low’ or words to that effect for at least 10miles, your adrenaline will have kicked in, you make it to your destination with an enormous sense of gratification and your maiden game of ‘Petrol Roulette’ will be under your belt.

You can dine out on motoring glory for months to come..!!

Thank me later x

"My advice to any new driver is this…..

Leave the needle on the gauge go down past the red, and your fuel indicator will have been on and illuminated to say ‘fuel low’ or words to that effect for at least 10miles, your adrenaline will have kicked in, you make it to your destination with an enormous sense of gratification and your maiden game of ‘Petrol Roulette’ will be under your belt.

You can dine out on motoring glory for months to come..!!

Thank me later x"

Yes and if it’s an old car you will have had all the sludge from the bottom of the tank running through your engine.

Youll do it eady on £30 in that. I do derby to Manchester often, in mine it costs me £90 round trip in mine, if we go in my apprentices 1.0 corsa we smash it on £30 with fuel left

Well everyone wish me luck.

I’ve never actually driven on a motorway before.

I did manage a trip to town and back today though lol

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

It probably only takes 8/9 gallons so i would fill it up and be safe.

Fuel gauges aren't that accurate and you don't want to run out of fuel and be stuck somewhere and you don't want to be driving on strange roads searching for a petrol station preying that it doesn't splutter and die.

Please be safe and fill up

Good luck.

Motorways are the easiest roads to drive on as long as you keep left unless your overtaking.

You’ll be fine on £30 I expect. In a matiz that will probably almost fill the tank anyway.

I drive 60k a year and although I don’t drive a matiz I think it gives me a decent idea of what’s what. I’d make it there and back with no issues on £30 in a car that probably weighs twice as much and wrecks it’s economy by changing gear on its own.

» Add a new message to this topic