FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > It all seems a bit pointless and shallow.

It all seems a bit pointless and shallow.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

We have ALL had a traumatic year and a bit.

Obviously some more than others, be it due to working in the midst of the pandemic on the front line, not seeing loved one's, losing loved one's, being unwell ourselves and many more reason's why this past 14months has been almost definitely the most testing time for not just this country but probably most of the planet since WW2.

Yes other countries have and still endure horrendous atrocities and sickness probably far worse than the covid 19 crisis but globally we haven't really had anything that has touched just about everyone.

Now with all this in mind I am really struggling to find any enthusiasm and reason to talk about meaningless stuff and discuss swinging, when actually all I want to do is be with and near the family and keep them safe.

I know I can have a break and take stock.

But am I alone in finding the whole thing a bit crass and unimportant now?

Singles will probably disagree as in need of a shag or intimacy which I understand, but it all does feel so shallow now!

Just me or not?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm definitely not feeling it and my filters are still sky high.

My need for intimacy can wait and my libido needs a sense of fucking perspective.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's probably not just you and I can imagine quite a few re-evaluating what is/isn't important in their lives at the moment. It's a bit like the hangover after the party.

I don't feel it's pointless or shallow and I haven't felt the need to really re-evaluate. Due to mental health issues anyway the lockdowns have been a bit of a calming influence on me and I've actually enjoyed them.

And using the Fab forums is, in some way, helping me to deal with highs (and I probably wouldn't have come onto the forums without lockdowns) and to head them off a bit before they run rampant.

"We have ALL had a traumatic year and a bit.

Obviously some more than others, be it due to working in the midst of the pandemic on the front line, not seeing loved one's, losing loved one's, being unwell ourselves and many more reason's why this past 14months has been almost definitely the most testing time for not just this country but probably most of the planet since WW2.

Yes other countries have and still endure horrendous atrocities and sickness probably far worse than the covid 19 crisis but globally we haven't really had anything that has touched just about everyone.

Now with all this in mind I am really struggling to find any enthusiasm and reason to talk about meaningless stuff and discuss swinging, when actually all I want to do is be with and near the family and keep them safe.

I know I can have a break and take stock.

But am I alone in finding the whole thing a bit crass and unimportant now?

Singles will probably disagree as in need of a shag or intimacy which I understand, but it all does feel so shallow now!

Just me or not?"

No I’m single and feel the same. I’m struggling to feel any enthusiasm.

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

Swinging has always been crass and shallow, and there has always been more important things in life. I have always been puzzled by people whose whole social life has been built around swinging and I have always put friends and family at the centre of my life.

That being said we are all entitled to joy and fulfillment in our lives. The puritans, prohibition, communism and capitalism have shown humans need more than the essentials of life including community. Therefore swinging is like a Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. It is not essential to life, yes there are people starving in the world, but before I die I am having my moments of joy.

Manchester (she/her)

"Swinging has always been crass and shallow, and there has always been more important things in life. I have always been puzzled by people whose whole social life has been built around swinging and I have always put friends and family at the centre of my life.

That being said we are all entitled to joy and fulfillment in our lives. The puritans, prohibition, communism and capitalism have shown humans need more than the essentials of life including community. Therefore swinging is like a Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. It is not essential to life, yes there are people starving in the world, but before I die I am having my moments of joy."

I will return and I've found some tremendous humans in all of this swinging business.

Just right now my friends live in my phone and my clitoris can shut the fuck up.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I live for my passions - which include people - so don’t see a conflict. It’s good to re-evaluate what’s important though and live authentically to what you belive

"Swinging has always been crass and shallow, and there has always been more important things in life. I have always been puzzled by people whose whole social life has been built around swinging and I have always put friends and family at the centre of my life.

That being said we are all entitled to joy and fulfillment in our lives. The puritans, prohibition, communism and capitalism have shown humans need more than the essentials of life including community. Therefore swinging is like a Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. It is not essential to life, yes there are people starving in the world, but before I die I am having my moments of joy.

I will return and I've found some tremendous humans in all of this swinging business.

Just right now my friends live in my phone and my clitoris can shut the fuck up."

made me giggle. Have you told it to shut up?

Manchester (she/her)

Just right now my friends live in my phone and my clitoris can shut the fuck up.

made me giggle. Have you told it to shut up? "

Yes, yes I have

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

If there is one positive,it is being able to appreciate simple things like the feeling you get when you come out the gym or going to the pub for a pint.

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

I wouldn't disagree with you. But it depends on how much emphasis swinging has/had on your daily life.

Yes, I miss the intimacy, even a cuddle would be nice, more so after sex! But I've found the less I have, the less my libido seems to kick in. Still times when I feel incredibly horny, but a handjob, either slow and leisurely or a quick to the point, works just as well.

Manchester (she/her)

"If there is one positive,it is being able to appreciate simple things like the feeling you get when you come out the gym or going to the pub for a pint.

"

Returning to my voluntary work in person has been huge.

I will cry when I can hug them again. Long and hard.

By *irty desireWoman  over a year ago

newcatle

It always has been too me.. its not my life its a hobby... and like any hobby swinging has a time and a place!

Having said that I have made some amazing swinging friends and would like to say we have all gotten each other through the lockdown.

Also being single the touch of intimacy i crave can not to gotten from family. So I am getting back out there to socials and clubs

Sometimes, the shallow is what helps us cope with and appreciate the deep. We’d drown or be rendered ineffectual if there was no respite from it.

couple, us we him her.

"Sometimes, the shallow is what helps us cope with and appreciate the deep. We’d drown or be rendered ineffectual if there was no respite from it."

That's very deep.

"Sometimes, the shallow is what helps us cope with and appreciate the deep. We’d drown or be rendered ineffectual if there was no respite from it."

Alternatively life is short and fleeting, we are merely shadows on a wall, we are here because of some cosmic accident, just floating through space on a rock, so anything can seem to be shallow and pointless, a global pandemic hasn’t changed that, but people need whatever it is to help them through, often that is taking the joy in the small things, whether that be rock climbing or fucking strangers you met online, otherwise we’d get weighed down by how fucking serious everything it is and ultimately none of this matters, so go find those brief moments of joy that give us something to look forward to, otherwise what’s the point in anything.

It's always been pointless and shallow. People are just realising this about many things now.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

There's no right or wrong answer.

FAB has always been pretty shallow in my opinion .

People might try to gussy it up but the bottom line for the majority of people it's a fuck site.

And that's why I like it.

I don't come on to find the cure for cancer or the meaning of life (although that would be a bonus!).

For me it's an escape and a diversion.

If that's shallow then so be it.

"It always has been too me.. its not my life its a hobby... and like any hobby swinging has a time and a place!

Having said that I have made some amazing swinging friends and would like to say we have all gotten each other through the lockdown.

Also being single the touch of intimacy i crave can not to gotten from family. So I am getting back out there to socials and clubs "

This sums up everything for me at the moment I couldn't have put it better myself xx

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"Alternatively life is short and fleeting, we are merely shadows on a wall, we are here because of some cosmic accident, just floating through space on a rock, so anything can seem to be shallow and pointless, a global pandemic hasn’t changed that, but people need whatever it is to help them through, often that is taking the joy in the small things, whether that be rock climbing or fucking strangers you met online, otherwise we’d get weighed down by how fucking serious everything it is and ultimately none of this matters, so go find those brief moments of joy that give us something to look forward to, otherwise what’s the point in anything. "

This is lovely and I wholeheartedly agree.

I've definitely had a think about what's important to me, I've reevaluated certain aspects of this site. Swinging can be shallow, of course it can but maybe sometimes we need to stop overthinking it all and just enjoy the moment, whatever moment that is for us.

couple, us we him her.

Overthinking will be the death of me.

I wish I could learn to let go and chill.

» Add a new message to this topic