FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 'Broken English'

'Broken English'

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There is currently an African guy outside my office ranting and tanting on his mobile.

I'm not sure what language he is speaking, but they obviously use some English words in it, because I heard the term 'shut the fuck up' quite clearly

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

dam thought this was about my favourite Marianne Faithful album

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"There is currently an African guy outside my office ranting and tanting on his mobile.

I'm not sure what language he is speaking, but they obviously use some English words in it, because I heard the term 'shut the fuck up' quite clearly "

He's obviously been to the Eddie Murphy School of Etiquette and Anglo/American Language

Ah the English language! Our gift to so many corners of the world!!!

Now all we have to do is get the yanks to pronounce 'aluminium' properly, the Aussies to stop creating non-words such as 'g'day' and 'bonza' and the Jamaicans to stop reffering to my favourite breakfast as a 'Beer Can Sand Witch' - and we're there!!!

Still - we do have the best swear words in the world - such as bollocks, wanker and cunt!!

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

You forgot fuck

"You forgot fuck"

I never forget a fuck!

Good - or bad!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Wonder which language bi/multi lingaul people speak together. My brother inlaw is multi lingaul and my sister is bilingual. The speak english at home as that is the only time she speaks it, otherwise the speak flemish all the time

English is a mix of many other languages due to our amazing history of assimilation.

rendez vous French

safari Arabic

chav Romany etc. feel free to add

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Wonder which language bi/multi lingaul people speak together. My brother inlaw is multi lingaul and my sister is bilingual. The speak english at home as that is the only time she speaks it, otherwise the speak flemish all the time"

my fb is portuguese

i gotta say the first time i heard him speak it, it totally freaked me out

having only ever heard him speak english to hear him start off in another language just completely threw me

i felt like i didn't know him

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Wonder which language bi/multi lingaul people speak together. My brother inlaw is multi lingaul and my sister is bilingual. The speak english at home as that is the only time she speaks it, otherwise the speak flemish all the time

my fb is portuguese

i gotta say the first time i heard him speak it, it totally freaked me out

having only ever heard him speak english to hear him start off in another language just completely threw me

i felt like i didn't know him "

I have a portugese friend, havent seen him in ages. I used to get him to speak it for me lol

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

One of my oldest friends is Turkish. Even after nearly 50 years here her father has only limited English. But all of their famuily conversations are peppered with English words and phrases that there is no real translation for into Turkish. I found this with other languages too.

My favourite's are the 'lost in translations'. My sister and I bought a dress over 20 years ago just because the label read 'one size feets all'. We use the phrase all the time now and the dress is still worn.

"English is a mix of many other languages due to our amazing history of assimilation."

We are the Borg!!!

Apologies - random Star Trek moment!

Won't happen again!

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"English is a mix of many other languages due to our amazing history of assimilation.

We are the Borg!!!

Apologies - random Star Trek moment!

Won't happen again! "

I have wondered about Fab being the Borg Collective... If Seven of Nine shows up I am willing to change my status.

» Add a new message to this topic