FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Being recognised

Being recognised

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rMrsRich OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouh

So I’m strolling up the road (as I type this) going to my local shop and I thought I’d see “who’s near”

Quite a few people apparently. I couldn’t help but wonder how many fabbers I walk past day to day, pretty sure they’d never recognised me as I trotted along in my joggers and trainers looking as far from a sexually deviant goddess as possible!

Has anyone ever been recognised from their fab photos or been sooo sure they spotted someone from fab?

Mrs R

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I haven’t been recognised... but I recognised someone I was chatting to on here from pictures once while in Hollywood bowl... he was with his wife and kid which he forgot to mention

I didn't say anything and he shit himself when I sent him a message asking how bowling went.

It wasn’t even him who caught my attention in the first place. It was his wife, she had really long lovely hair that I was admiring and then I glanced over and noticed him with her

Bournemouh

"I haven’t been recognised... but I recognised someone I was chatting to on here from pictures once while in Hollywood bowl... he was with his wife and kid which he forgot to mention

I didn't say anything and he shit himself when I sent him a message asking how bowling went.

It wasn’t even him who caught my attention in the first place. It was his wife, she had really long lovely hair that I was admiring and then I glanced over and noticed him with her "

Haha that’s great!

I do worry sometimes that I’ll be chatting away to someone and it turns out to be someone from work or a customer or something like that

Yes I've been recognised many times. Had people looking and then got messages saying they saw me out with hubby/friends.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Many years ago when I'd been on a telly show.

It would not bother me if I was I am who I am

Bournemouh

"Yes I've been recognised many times. Had people looking and then got messages saying they saw me out with hubby/friends. "

Ah see that would drive me mad I think!

Bournemouh

"Many years ago when I'd been on a telly show.

"

Oooh a telly show???

Bournemouh

"It would not bother me if I was I am who I am "

Oh it doesn’t bother me. I’m pretty open about who I am. It’s more that I think I’d feel weird if someone recognised me and I didn’t them.

Like they’re a step ahead. I think it’s a ‘not being in control’ thing.....

I've recognised 2 people i know on here ,guy I used to work with for 20 years and a woman who is a member on here with face pic profile v hot .

"I haven’t been recognised... but I recognised someone I was chatting to on here from pictures once while in Hollywood bowl... he was with his wife and kid which he forgot to mention

It wasn’t even him who caught my attention in the first place. It was his wife, she had really long lovely hair that I was admiring and then I glanced over and noticed him with her

Haha that’s great!

I do worry sometimes that I’ll be chatting away to someone and it turns out to be someone from work or a customer or something like that "

It’s why I ask for a face pic first before I send one... to make sure I don’t know them

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Been a couple of people but not from fab people from clubs in Blackpool day afterwards in pub but just chill and let it go..

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

I have been a couple of times but have never been approached at the time but sent a message later. That's was OK , but if someome where to just randomly walk upto me and mention it, that's not OK.

Bournemouh

Haha that’s great!

I do worry sometimes that I’ll be chatting away to someone and it turns out to be someone from work or a customer or something like that

It’s why I ask for a face pic first before I send one... to make sure I don’t know them "

Yes I try that. Although I had an hour on the chat last night and decided to show my face on cam. Got chatting to someone and they put theirs on.

I realised I hadn’t pre vetted them and for a few seconds just prayed a colleagues face didn’t appear on the screen

Bournemouh

"I've recognised 2 people i know on here ,guy I used to work with for 20 years and a woman who is a member on here with face pic profile v hot ."

Yes a face profile pic is always helpful. Although there aren’t many......

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

"So I’m strolling up the road (as I type this) going to my local shop and I thought I’d see “who’s near”

Quite a few people apparently. I couldn’t help but wonder how many fabbers I walk past day to day, pretty sure they’d never recognised me as I trotted along in my joggers and trainers looking as far from a sexually deviant goddess as possible!

Has anyone ever been recognised from their fab photos or been sooo sure they spotted someone from fab?

Mrs R "

No, as long as I’m not with my kids then I would have no issues with being recognised.

Although I have been recognised in socials.

Bournemouh

"I have been a couple of times but have never been approached at the time but sent a message later. That's was OK , but if someome where to just randomly walk upto me and mention it, that's not OK."

Yes I’d be annoyed by that! Would still unnerve me a little knowing they saw me I didn’t see them kind of thing. But I think I’m just a control freak haha

Bournemouh

"Been a couple of people but not from fab people from clubs in Blackpool day afterwards in pub but just chill and let it go.. "

Yes I think that situation wouldn’t be too awkward.

Bournemouh

"So I’m strolling up the road (as I type this) going to my local shop and I thought I’d see “who’s near”

Mrs R

No, as long as I’m not with my kids then I would have no issues with being recognised.

Although I have been recognised in socials. "

Hopefully less chance of someone approaching you when you’re with the kids though. A bit of child shaped armour!!

We were having lunch in a pub once when we recognised one of the barman as someone we had previously met . He was very professional brought us over a couple of drinks and arranged another meet

Yeah I get recognised all the time... Probs at least once a week... I often get messages on here like thanks for your help last week was quite a shock walking in to abc and recognising you from here, didn't want to say anything at the time incase it made you uncomfortable...

I don't really care at this point about being recognised, we're all adults and all here for similar reasons

Bournemouh

"We were having lunch in a pub once when we recognised one of the barman as someone we had previously met . He was very professional brought us over a couple of drinks and arranged another meet "

Haha now that’s not a bad case of being recognised. In fact that sounds pretty hot!

Bournemouh

"Yeah I get recognised all the time... Probs at least once a week... I often get messages on here like thanks for your help last week was quite a shock walking in to abc and recognising you from here, didn't want to say anything at the time incase it made you uncomfortable...

I don't really care at this point about being recognised, we're all adults and all here for similar reasons "

Just took a moment to check out your profile! Yes you’re definitely recognisable!

By *lair101TV/TS  over a year ago

Aberdeen, westhill

Happened a few times and been recognized while out shopping lol

By *ackdaw52Man  over a year ago

Chesterfield

I see Fabbers all the time. At the gym, on the school run, at the village fete, shopping, at work...

I don't approach them, and the nature of where I work means I couldn't contact them anyway.

I don't believe I've been recognised. At least, I've never been approached.

"Yes I've been recognised many times. Had people looking and then got messages saying they saw me out with hubby/friends.

Ah see that would drive me mad I think! "

it is a bit intimidating really. Xx

Aye once ...

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

Did recognise a Fabber in the supermarket once. Not sure if she recognised me but our eyes met, she looked a little worried and we went out separate ways!

Have also noticed a few previous play friends in town, naturally walked past with all but the slightest of nods. Discretion is everything.

I did see someone I'd met before out shopping. Just gave eachother a sly smile and walked on by.

It does make you a little paranoid.. when I catch someone staring at me, I immediately think shit are they are fab

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Often! Either in supermarket I work in or more often when I'm out cycling x

"It does make you a little paranoid.. when I catch someone staring at me, I immediately think shit are they are fab "
yep. Happened to me on Saturday. Guy kept looking over and I too thought wonder if he's on fab lol.

[Removed by poster at 25/05/21 07:21:48]

I couldn’t care less about being recognised except I wouldn’t want my son being teased in school if it somehow impacted him, hence best to remain hidden for now.

I’m actually looking forward to it. Would be a good conversation starter.

Bournemouh

"It does make you a little paranoid.. when I catch someone staring at me, I immediately think shit are they are fab "

Ah yes this though! I do this a lot!

It’s the opposite for me. I think “she likes me and is trying to catch my eye” then come down with a thump as I wonder if it’s only because she’s wondering if I’m from Fab.

Bournemouh

"It does make you a little paranoid.. when I catch someone staring at me, I immediately think shit are they are fab

It’s the opposite for me. I think “she likes me and is trying to catch my eye” then come down with a thump as I wonder if it’s only because she’s wondering if I’m from Fab. "

Ah yes that has to be a bit of a pain. I’ve never had it happen to me. Although I’ve done a lot of freaking people out with staring while waiting for a fab meet that never turned up!

I don’t think I’ve been recognised … but have seen a few familiar faces. One who was in the paper for doing something really good and community minded, one on a local amateur sports team and one working in a supermarket!

I guess it could go one of two ways - ignore and pass by, or turn into something interesting

By *urchoicenowCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

Don't think we've been recognised, certainly no one has said.

We have recognised a couple of people from here.

Tbh we'd quite like it if someone knows us to get in touch as it would do away with the awkward first meet to see if we get on.

"It does make you a little paranoid.. when I catch someone staring at me, I immediately think shit are they are fab

It’s the opposite for me. I think “she likes me and is trying to catch my eye” then come down with a thump as I wonder if it’s only because she’s wondering if I’m from Fab.

Ah yes that has to be a bit of a pain. I’ve never had it happen to me. Although I’ve done a lot of freaking people out with staring while waiting for a fab meet that never turned up! "

Hmm....perhaps I’ll chance it next time a woman is staring whilst waiting. She may be waiting for a meet that never turned up and needs some ‘consoling.’

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I have been recognised and I’ve recognised others.

I don’t do or say anything though, it’s not a surprise when people on here have lives away from the site.

I’d hate to be approached though, this is just a small part of my life

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

No thank goodness. I never show any photos that I would be recognised by. I have recognised people on sharing face pics before though. A lady I know from school’s husband and a teaching assistant at my daughter’s school.

Bournemouh

"I have been recognised and I’ve recognised others.

I don’t do or say anything though, it’s not a surprise when people on here have lives away from the site.

I’d hate to be approached though, this is just a small part of my life

"

Yes I don’t think I’d appreciate being approached. Unless very discreetly.

Bournemouh

Ah yes that has to be a bit of a pain. I’ve never had it happen to me. Although I’ve done a lot of freaking people out with staring while waiting for a fab meet that never turned up!

Hmm....perhaps I’ll chance it next time a woman is staring whilst waiting. She may be waiting for a meet that never turned up and needs some ‘consoling.’ "

Exactly. Missed opportunity!

By * Lexi xWoman  over a year ago

stockport

It’s happened quite a few times to me.

"It would not bother me if I was I am who I am

Oh it doesn’t bother me. I’m pretty open about who I am. It’s more that I think I’d feel weird if someone recognised me and I didn’t them.

Like they’re a step ahead. I think it’s a ‘not being in control’ thing....."

i totally get this! ive had people say they recognise me and know me in the past ( knew my name so it was true) but never share who they were after that ... my worst experience on here because you feel like they lord it over you and there is a definite power imbalance

Bournemouh

i totally get this! ive had people say they recognise me and know me in the past ( knew my name so it was true) but never share who they were after that ... my worst experience on here because you feel like they lord it over you and there is a definite power imbalance "

Yes yes yes. This is exactly how I feel about it. Power freaks

We get recognised quite a bit on here we blur faces but tbh between the Wife and her her unique hair colour and tattoos it doesn't take a genius to work out lol. Only reason we dont include face pics is so they dont get posted elsewhere or saved for any reason... we dont really care who finds out about our lifestyle a few close friends already know and i few of my mates from work has stumbled across us . No big deal for us but understand people that keep it more private

By *urchoicenowCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

i totally get this! ive had people say they recognise me and know me in the past ( knew my name so it was true) but never share who they were after that ... my worst experience on here because you feel like they lord it over you and there is a definite power imbalance "

We actually had that with a close friend, sending a message about our profile on messenger but not having the decency to show theirs. We have no problem with them seeing us but if you're going to comment at least let us know your profile so we can perve back.

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

"

Yes I try that. Although I had an hour on the chat last night and decided to show my face on cam. Got chatting to someone and they put theirs on.

I realised I hadn’t pre vetted them and for a few seconds just prayed a colleagues face didn’t appear on the screen "

I'm not sure why that would be a problem. Surely if that person saw you, and you saw them, you'd be in the same position. They'd know you go on Fab and vice versa. So long as they keep it discreet, It wouldn't be a problem at all in my opinion.

My wife got recognised when we first joined fab. My partner has been recognised a few times, never a problem.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

A guy who messaged me several times, who lives close by I passed him in our local supermarket. I’m guessing he wouldn’t have found me as sexy when I’m in Male mode looking like I’d just crawled out of bed, buying bread and jam.

Bournemouh

"

I realised I hadn’t pre vetted them and for a few seconds just prayed a colleagues face didn’t appear on the screen

I'm not sure why that would be a problem. Surely if that person saw you, and you saw them, you'd be in the same position. They'd know you go on Fab and vice versa. So long as they keep it discreet, It wouldn't be a problem at all in my opinion."

It’s not a problem as such. It’s just the shock of it. Imagine if Dave in maintenance were on here......

Bournemouh

"A guy who messaged me several times, who lives close by I passed him in our local supermarket. I’m guessing he wouldn’t have found me as sexy when I’m in Male mode looking like I’d just crawled out of bed, buying bread and jam. "

Haha this is it. I have quite distinguishable tattoos and other features but when I’m in doss mode I don’t think anyone would stand a chance of recognising me

By *.L.0460.Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

I had a slightly disturbing experience when a man I had been chatting to (no face pic) told me I looked good when I was walking through town one day & how he's always fancied me. It took me ages to get out of him who he was..it was an ex (married) colleague

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

"I have been a couple of times but have never been approached at the time but sent a message later. That's was OK , but if someome where to just randomly walk upto me and mention it, that's not OK.

Yes I’d be annoyed by that! Would still unnerve me a little knowing they saw me I didn’t see them kind of thing. But I think I’m just a control freak haha "

I had one bloke message asking if I lived in...and named my road! Turns out he was on a job opposite me. Luckily I'd been chatting to him for forever and we had arrange to meet so want to freaked out. If it had been a random tho I would of probably moved house haha

By *thletic Fella!!Man  over a year ago

Wigan

I sent a face pic and got the message 'I know you'. I wasn't happy, but it turned out great. We had an absolute amazing time.

So it goes to show the people you think butter wouldn't melt, it bloody does!!!

Yes I've been recognised by my window cleaner, some old school friends, and in the supermarket xx

Not sure if I've been recognised in all honesty...

If I was though then I'd rather then not say anything and just drop a message!

By *ypsy Daisy LeeTV/TS  over a year ago

Warwick

[Removed by poster at 25/05/21 14:00:04]

By *winging freyrMan  over a year ago

Warwickshire

At a old job I interviewed a young woman and gave her the job. About 3 weeks later I bumped into her in xtasia. We was both a little shocked I think lol

Bournemouh

"I have been a couple of times but have never been approached at the time but sent a message later. That's was OK , but if someome where to just randomly walk upto me and mention it, that's not OK.

Yes I’d be annoyed by that! Would still unnerve me a little knowing they saw me I didn’t see them kind of thing. But I think I’m just a control freak haha

I had one bloke message asking if I lived in...and named my road! Turns out he was on a job opposite me. Luckily I'd been chatting to him for forever and we had arrange to meet so want to freaked out. If it had been a random tho I would of probably moved house haha "

Omg. Yes I’d have been packing a bag too!

Bournemouh

"Yes I've been recognised by my window cleaner, some old school friends, and in the supermarket xx"

The window cleaner??!!

By *uncan LynnCouple  over a year ago

Kilmarnock

In our local that was discreetly done

Supermarket was just a walk past and ignored

On the train

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

I’ve recognized people on fab, normally near me. I doubt anyone will recognize me though

By *hatty GuyMan  over a year ago

The Borough of St Peter

I've recognised someone from here at the school gate, she'd hidden her face on here but not her wrist tattoo or her statuses about being pregnant lol

By *ittycenMan  over a year ago

south west

I joined a new gym and one of the girls in there had a very distinctive hair colour, I couldn’t help but think I knew her from somewhere.

Later that evening, I saw that same colour on fab. Procrastined for a while as I didn’t want to intrude on her space - even put a vague status update up about if I should ask I think?

Thought sod it, and sent her a message. She replied and laughed, she had been about to do the same!!

I’m not her type so nothing has happened, but she knows I perve at her and I know she likes it

"Yes I've been recognised by my window cleaner, some old school friends, and in the supermarket xx

The window cleaner??!! "

Yep, knocked on the window and gave me a cheeky smile and wave xx

By *batMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

I don't think anyone would recognise me from my public photos, but if you do, please let me know!

I wonder if my two locations (Barry / Alicante) would be enough to tip the balance if somebody wasn't sure?

Gbat

By *batMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"

The window cleaner??!!

Yep, knocked on the window and gave me a cheeky smile and wave xx"

Gotta ask, what were you doing at the time? [Makes notes for improbable cheeky scamp style 1970's movie]

Mrs R

Although I have been recognised in socials. "

I'm the same. My Son's think I'm just busy on tinder .. lol. I've been recognised in the club's too . Not that I'm worried about it tbh.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Yes quite a few times, normally because of my hair.

"Yes quite a few times, normally because of my hair. "

You do have nice hair, Dick.

I’ve been recognised three times, once by my ex’s niece, once by a woman living up the road and by a couple I visited for work,

By *imon_hydeMan  over a year ago

Stockport

"I’ve been recognised three times, once by my ex’s niece, once by a woman living up the road and by a couple I visited for work, "

I'm slightly worried that your ex's niece recognised you by your cock shots! ')

By *imbo59seMan  over a year ago

North Norfolk

Got chatting to a very sexy young lady a few years ago, not from this site, thankfully she sent me her facial photo just as I was about to send her mine.... One of my nieces

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Got chatting to a very sexy young lady a few years ago, not from this site, thankfully she sent me her facial photo just as I was about to send her mine.... One of my nieces "

Omg! x

By *irmingham_Sissy_MaidTV/TS  over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

"Got chatting to a very sexy young lady a few years ago, not from this site, thankfully she sent me her facial photo just as I was about to send her mine.... One of my nieces "

Isn’t that normal in Norfolk?

I’ve recognised a few people in my housing estate but I’d never approach or tell them via message unless I/they were interested in meeting

North Norfolk

"Got chatting to a very sexy young lady a few years ago, not from this site, thankfully she sent me her facial photo just as I was about to send her mine.... One of my nieces

Omg! x"

Hadn't realised her, and her husband (they had a couples profile) were both bi.

Family gatherings have never quite been the same since

North Norfolk

"Got chatting to a very sexy young lady a few years ago, not from this site, thankfully she sent me her facial photo just as I was about to send her mine.... One of my nieces

Isn’t that normal in Norfolk?

I’ve recognised a few people in my housing estate but I’d never approach or tell them via message unless I/they were interested in meeting"

Cheeky!

I wasn't in Norfolk back then, so there

I don't think I've been spotted but I have seen a friend on here. I recognised her tattoos in her fab photos, I haven't mentioned anything to her but I must admit I look at her differently now I've seen the fab naked pics.

Hot as hell too

By *moothshaftMan  over a year ago

Coventry

When I click on a local woman's or couples profile and find I'm blocked, I always wonder if they've seen me, know me, and blocked me!

Omg! x"

That is horrifying

I don't care who recognises me - just as long as it isn't family.

I don't want to be approached either because that's creepy

"I've recognised someone from here at the school gate, she'd hidden her face on here but not her wrist tattoo or her statuses about being pregnant lol"

see i find that level of attention to detail a bit creepy to be honest ... who recognises someone (at a school gate so not someone you know intimately) from a wrist tattoo

ive had people message that they recognise me because they know the background to my photos (ie my bedroom) from my dating profile photos - again just a bit too much attention being paid there , but at least it opened my eyes to being aware you are never really anonymous online

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

A couple of my stores patients have recognised me

By *ydia_LovegoodWoman  over a year ago

St. Ives

I'm not sure... I often get messages along the lines of.. "I've seen you around town", "I'm your local butcher"...

» Add a new message to this topic