FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Utd land van persie

Utd land van persie

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exyminxy111 OP   Couple  over a year ago

coventry

Is it just me, or is £24m a little much for a 29yr old striker? Granted he is a quality player, but so is berbatov although his pace and finishing isn't quite to persie's standard but you see my point?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *acciWoman  over a year ago

leeds

No footballer or sports person is worth that much in my opinion

By *punkloverCouple  over a year ago

hatfield

i would see it from the poor arsenal fans point of view, not much for them to smile about

coventry

"i would see it from the poor arsenal fans point of view, not much for them to smile about "

I think alot of arsenal fans will be glad they got that amount for him? Although yes not wanting to lose your captain to a rival etc but that aside..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Great player, but very injury prone. Last year was a freak year for him with the amount of goals he scored. I think it is poor purchase by Old Whiskey Nose

Rooney & Van Persie = Fatman & Robin

Not a good pick for Utd ...

goes against all their recruitment policy...

no over 25s...

Utd need a midfielder to replace Scholes and a winger to replace Giggs.

RVP injury prone too .....

"Rooney & Van Persie = Fatman & Robin"

I think it's a good deal. Berbatov was a poor replacement for Van Nistelrooy. Van Persie is definitely an improvement on that. It's just how long he can carry on in the same quality though. 29 isn't that bad if he continues banging them in up until at least 34/35. Look at Sheringham as a proof that age isn't everything. Or even Di Natale at 34 for Udinese.

only time will tell, lets see if he can repeat what he did at arsenal last season.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Rooney & Van Persie = Fatman & Robin"

how cruel

By *ssexguy69Man  over a year ago

thurrock Essex

[Removed by poster at 15/08/12 20:43:43]

By *ssexguy69Man  over a year ago

thurrock Essex

AS A ARSENAL FAN , I CANT BELEIVE THEY SOLD HIM , SEEMS LIKE EVERY DESENT PLAYER THEY HAVE THEY SELL UNREAL

"I think it's a good deal. Berbatov was a poor replacement for Van Nistelrooy. Van Persie is definitely an improvement on that. It's just how long he can carry on in the same quality though. 29 isn't that bad if he continues banging them in up until at least 34/35. Look at Sheringham as a proof that age isn't everything. Or even Di Natale at 34 for Udinese."

Sorry but with his fitness record he'll be lucky to get past 31 and still be effective ....

coventry

"I think it's a good deal. Berbatov was a poor replacement for Van Nistelrooy. Van Persie is definitely an improvement on that. It's just how long he can carry on in the same quality though. 29 isn't that bad if he continues banging them in up until at least 34/35. Look at Sheringham as a proof that age isn't everything. Or even Di Natale at 34 for Udinese.

Sorry but with his fitness record he'll be lucky to get past 31 and still be effective .... "

Have to agree, his injury record hasn't been great over the years, technically berbatov is gifted, if you watched him in the friendly the other day he was sensational. I think berbatov just behind rooney & van persie could work a treat.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"i would see it from the poor arsenal fans point of view, not much for them to smile about "

from this arsenal fan.... if he doesn't want to be at the end I don't want him here.... but the board better reinvest that money and do it quickly....

By *illows ManMan  over a year ago

torquay

Yeah, They're re-investing in more seats in the stadium by converting the empty trophy room....

come on gunner fans, it's time we were all heard on the teams web site, it's now time for a new manager as the policies in place are not working.

May will be the telling time.

Hope its a bad signing, but hey ho Ferguson no mug.

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

This is not a done deal and at present RVP remains an Arsenal player. Whilst a fee and personal terms have been agreed it is still subject to a medical.

Ok, so last year was an exceptionally good year for RVP, but he's a show-in for at least 15 goals a season. At 29 yeah, £24m is a bit too much, but United needed to strengthen the squad and a lot of our targets decided to go elsewhere. I hope Berbatov stays as I think he'd work well behind RVP and Rooney and they'll certainly benefit from being spoonfed quality passes from him and Carrick. Giggs will be lucky to get 20 games this season and RVP can play down the wing if needed.

Overall, a good, but expensive purchase.

coventry

"Ok, so last year was an exceptionally good year for RVP, but he's a show-in for at least 15 goals a season. At 29 yeah, £24m is a bit too much, but United needed to strengthen the squad and a lot of our targets decided to go elsewhere. I hope Berbatov stays as I think he'd work well behind RVP and Rooney and they'll certainly benefit from being spoonfed quality passes from him and Carrick. Giggs will be lucky to get 20 games this season and RVP can play down the wing if needed.

Overall, a good, but expensive purchase."

Yep, that's what I said in my previous post, berbatov in a diamond midfield sitting behind rooney & van persie, nani or valencia on the right, young on the left, Carrick just in front of defence, then at half time if berbatov not effective throw on kagawa or Scholes in that position..

Very good business from arsenal, a player with 12 months left at 24million. They knew he wouldn't resign so to sell him at agood price makes sense.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

rvp is dead to me... simple as....

"rvp is dead to me... simple as...."

I can relate to that, felt/feel much the same way about Ronaldo.

coventry

"rvp is dead to me... simple as....

I can relate to that, felt/feel much the same way about Ronaldo."

Absolutely. Was gutted when Beckham left & the same when Ronaldo was sold. Utd have never managed to replace him, he was a game changer, power, pace, technically gifted, running at defences & great finisher.

» Add a new message to this topic