FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Princess Diana interview (Bashir)

Princess Diana interview (Bashir)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ubal1 OP   Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Lord Dyson's report about Martin Bashir's interview with Princess Diana 25 years ago has exposed the lengths that journalist will go to, to get a scoop, and the inepitude of the original internal BBC investigation by Tony Hall, now Lord Hall.

It has once again exposed the culture within the BBC that permitted Jimmy Savile to prey on minors, unchallenged, despite his actions being common knowledge within the organisation.

Princes William and Harry, and Earl Spenser, are justifiably angry about how their mother was treated, prior to her death in 1997.

The fallout from Lord Dyson's report will have serious consequences for the BBC and those involved in this despicable journalistic behaviour.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't follow royal stories so I don't know much about it.

But hopefully it will stop us all having to pay for an outdated service that protects liars and pedophiles.

What serious consequences?

The interview happened a quarter of a century ago and was about an outdated institution. Time to move on, time to abolish the monarchy and aristocracy

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

I seem to remember at the time that Will Carling was involved in setting up the interviews with Martin Bashir as apparently they knew each other.

By *AABMan  over a year ago

Not far

What s as a nation are we so obsessed with the Royal Family. We are not subjects, we are not serfs, and the only reason these people are in this position is because their Norman ancestors rap*d and pillaged their way across the U.K. and passed on their stolen wealth.

By *ilverjagMan  over a year ago

swansea

I've got first hand knowledge myself of how spineless the BBC can be when it fails to cover up sleeze, as I nearly became the laughing stock of Great Britain over the Jimmy Saville affair. But just like the Jimmy Saville affair, the saying, "A week is a long time in politics," will apply. Or as they used to say before food hygiene regulations came into force, "Today's news is tommorows fish and chip wrappers." The dust will settle, and nobodies head will go on the block, let alone any face litigation, or possibly be made criminally bankrupt, just like the Jimmy Saville affair. It's always been that way, and always will be when money can talk people out of anything.

By *ikerdude2017Man  over a year ago

Doncaster

It just gave the BBC something to cover all day rather than important shit going on in the world. Is that story serious more important than Inocent deaths in the Gaza as the Israeli still try and wipe out the people's whos land they took.

"I've got first hand knowledge myself of how spineless the BBC can be when it fails to cover up sleeze, as I nearly became the laughing stock of Great Britain over the Jimmy Saville affair. But just like the Jimmy Saville affair, the saying, "A week is a long time in politics," will apply. Or as they used to say before food hygiene regulations came into force, "Today's news is tommorows fish and chip wrappers." The dust will settle, and nobodies head will go on the block, let alone any face litigation, or possibly be made criminally bankrupt, just like the Jimmy Saville affair. It's always been that way, and always will be when money can talk people out of anything. "

Are you Louis Theroux?

I always fear the timing of stories like this is far from accidental

"I always fear the timing of stories like this is far from accidental"

I agree - it's a distraction from real news.

People are so sucked in by it all - and consider the BBC as a trusted information source

The palace relationship with the bbc is in tatters, for the princes, even though this was 25 years ago, this is still raw. The reputation of the bbc is badly damaged. They’ll recover in time, the outlook for them in the meantime is not good.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Lord Dyson's report about Martin Bashir's interview with Princess Diana 25 years ago has exposed the lengths that journalist will go to, to get a scoop, and the inepitude of the original internal BBC investigation by Tony Hall, now Lord Hall.

It has once again exposed the culture within the BBC that permitted Jimmy Savile to prey on minors, unchallenged, despite his actions being common knowledge within the organisation.

Princes William and Harry, and Earl Spenser, are justifiably angry about how their mother was treated, prior to her death in 1997.

The fallout from Lord Dyson's report will have serious consequences for the BBC and those involved in this despicable journalistic behaviour.

"

Is this the same jimmy saville who Margaret Thatcher wanted knighted.?

liverpool

"The interview happened a quarter of a century ago and was about an outdated institution. Time to move on, time to abolish the monarchy and aristocracy "

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Are you Louis Theroux?"

Louis Theroux would know its spelled Savile

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Irrespective of the subject or their privilege. It’s still a bit shitty from the BBC they should know better. Look what they did with the Cliff scoop.

They behave no better than the tabloids.

Time for reform.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It was inappropriate at the time for that specific programme. That most of the printed media were complicit in her loss of wellbeing is now somewhat silent, as those same media outlets finger point at the BBC.

It was a small episode and as long as those failings cannot be repeated, that's all that needs to happen. It's good that Bashir has left them.

Most of the noise is coming from despicable media companies who cultured the atrocious behaviour around her and are reluctant for media control, when it includes them. As hypocritical as they come.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Much as it was awful, it was 25 years ago and it seems incredibly duplicitous to have all of this hand wringing over journalistic standards over this, when Piers ‘invasion of privacy’ Morgan is still plying his trade on other channels.

What happened to her wasn’t unique and certainly wasn’t the worst. It’s the story at any costs type of journalism that media outlets expect now that is to blame and the BBC isn’t the biggest problem, that would be Murdock’s empire

swansea

"I've got first hand knowledge myself of how spineless the BBC can be when it fails to cover up sleeze, as I nearly became the laughing stock of Great Britain over the Jimmy Saville affair. But just like the Jimmy Saville affair, the saying, "A week is a long time in politics," will apply. Or as they used to say before food hygiene regulations came into force, "Today's news is tommorows fish and chip wrappers." The dust will settle, and nobodies head will go on the block, let alone any face litigation, or possibly be made criminally bankrupt, just like the Jimmy Saville affair. It's always been that way, and always will be when money can talk people out of anything.

Are you Louis Theroux?"

I don't write like he does, but my turn of phrase has led one or two to ask if I am Jeremy Clarkson incognito.

liverpool

"Much as it was awful, it was 25 years ago and it seems incredibly duplicitous to have all of this hand wringing over journalistic standards over this, when Piers ‘invasion of privacy’ Morgan is still plying his trade on other channels.

What happened to her wasn’t unique and certainly wasn’t the worst. It’s the story at any costs type of journalism that media outlets expect now that is to blame and the BBC isn’t the biggest problem, that would be Murdock’s empire"

Could you imagine if the bbc hacked the phone of a murdered child?

Obvs it didnt do murdoch much harm.

liverpool

"It was inappropriate at the time for that specific programme. That most of the printed media were complicit in her loss of wellbeing is now somewhat silent, as those same media outlets finger point at the BBC.

It was a small episode and as long as those failings cannot be repeated, that's all that needs to happen. It's good that Bashir has left them.

Most of the noise is coming from despicable media companies who cultured the atrocious behaviour around her and are reluctant for media control, when it includes them. As hypocritical as they come. "

Its funny how the bbc has become such a target since johnson and his chums decided they didnt kiss his arse long enough

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Virtuosa

The BBC claims to be the gold standard of journalism and if you want to watch live television then you have pay them for a licence under threat of imprisonment

I have the choice not to give my money to tabloid rags

"The BBC claims to be the gold standard of journalism and if you want to watch live television then you have pay them for a licence under threat of imprisonment

I have the choice not to give my money to tabloid rags"

Exactly

I resent the TV licence fee.

I rarely have the BBC on because there is never anything that appeals to me.

It should be a service like Netflix etc - pay if you want to watch it.

liverpool

"The BBC claims to be the gold standard of journalism and if you want to watch live television then you have pay them for a licence under threat of imprisonment

I have the choice not to give my money to tabloid rags"

What has the licence fee got to do with that?

Murdock sunk lower than humanly possible..yet he still is one of the most powerful forces in the media.. why?

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Virtuosa

Exactly

I resent the TV licence fee.

I rarely have the BBC on because there is never anything that appeals to me.

It should be a service like Netflix etc - pay if you want to watch it."

Couldn't agree more

Murdock sunk lower than humanly possible..yet he still is one of the most powerful forces in the media.. why?"

Those grooming victims should shut their mouths for the sake of diversity...Naz Shah MP....Still in the Labour party..why?

liverpool

Murdock sunk lower than humanly possible..yet he still is one of the most powerful forces in the media.. why?

Those grooming victims should shut their mouths for the sake of diversity...Naz Shah MP....Still in the Labour party..why?"

Why are we spaffing money on investigating historical sex crimes..3 guesses who said that?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I'm very wary when hearing history being re-written.

Smoke screens and mirrors.

swansea

"

Are you Louis Theroux?

Louis Theroux would know its spelled Savile"

You are probably right, but which ever way it's spelt correctly, I still got away with a financial clobbering by the skin of my teeth. I believe that he came from up your neck of the woods, were you on first name terms with him by any chance?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

I believe that he came from up your neck of the woods, were you on first name terms with him by any chance?"

I spoke to him once. He approached me as I left a shop after buying first shoes for my toddler twins. Another time I was behind him in the ticket queue at the railway station and I once overtook him in my car as he was out jogging in a gold tracksuit with a posse of young men. These are the only encounters I have ever had with him.

Well he stitched up Jackson so this hasn't come as a surprise.

Newry Down

The fallout from the Dyson Report has started: Tony Hall, Lord Hall has resigned from his Chairmanship of The National Gallery.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

The question is was she coersed or volunteered to give the interview on her own accord and regardless of forged documents.

I think she had alot of things she wanted to get of her chest. Her marraige seemed doomed from the start.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Bashir is a snake

Newry Down

Diana was naive about the nature of the family she getting into; I do not believe that Charles ever truly loved her, but she was young, attractive fertile and able to produce offspring, who could become future monarchs.

She did have a lot to get off her chest, to coin a phrase, but the forged bank statements provided that final push to do the interview with Bashir, who may have given her confidence to open up to him about the crowded marriage.

After her expose of her sham marriage, her security was significantly reduced, potentially precipitating the Paris underpass crash.

Finally, I do not believe that Charles is Harry's father; I think it is Diana's lover, James Hewitt.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Diana was naive about the nature of the family she getting into; I do not believe that Charles ever truly loved her, but she was young, attractive fertile and able to produce offspring, who could become future monarchs.

She did have a lot to get off her chest, to coin a phrase, but the forged bank statements provided that final push to do the interview with Bashir, who may have given her confidence to open up to him about the crowded marriage.

After her expose of her sham marriage, her security was significantly reduced, potentially precipitating the Paris underpass crash.

Finally, I do not believe that Charles is Harry's father; I think it is Diana's lover, James Hewitt."

No its Charles

swansea

"

I believe that he came from up your neck of the woods, were you on first name terms with him by any chance?

I spoke to him once. He approached me as I left a shop after buying first shoes for my toddler twins. Another time I was behind him in the ticket queue at the railway station and I once overtook him in my car as he was out jogging in a gold tracksuit with a posse of young men. These are the only encounters I have ever had with him. "

I replied to you privately on that for reasons that will be obvious.

By *he Cum PumpMan  over a year ago

Hatfield

"It was inappropriate at the time for that specific programme. That most of the printed media were complicit in her loss of wellbeing is now somewhat silent, as those same media outlets finger point at the BBC.

Most of the noise is coming from despicable media companies who cultured the atrocious behaviour around her and are reluctant for media control, when it includes them. As hypocritical as they come. "

Yeeeeeehheeeeee, Shamone!

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

"Diana was naive about the nature of the family she getting into; I do not believe that Charles ever truly loved her, but she was young, attractive fertile and able to produce offspring, who could become future monarchs.

Finally, I do not believe that Charles is Harry's father; I think it is Diana's lover, James Hewitt."

Often wondered about Harry, to be honest he doesn't resemble Diana or Charles. He doesn't have Charles sausage fingers as recently boasted by someone.

Baby swap in the maternity ward?

I do see a simarlarity with Hewitt though but that's irrelevant now.

Or a throw back to Henry VIII.

Wish Diana was still alive, or maybe she is and done an Elvis.

I came across unsubstantiated rumours she was living in California and had a daughter, probably not true.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

It's all a smoke screen....to distract attention away from king to be Charlie and his royal bawd in chief the lovely scamilla Parker Knowles.... with whom he was having an affair with before and during his sham marriage with Dianna...... don't forget that her predicament was entirely due to Charlie's behaviour....which he inherited from great grandad king Eddie, uncle Dave, auntie Marge and lordy lord Battenburg of Burma...and now brother Andy is up to his neck in more sexual skullduggery.... royalty...our betters ...nah ....fuck nah

liverpool

"It's all a smoke screen....to distract attention away from king to be Charlie and his royal bawd in chief the lovely scamilla Parker Knowles.... with whom he was having an affair with before and during his sham marriage with Dianna...... don't forget that her predicament was entirely due to Charlie's behaviour....which he inherited from great grandad king Eddie, uncle Dave, auntie Marge and lordy lord Battenburg of Burma...and now brother Andy is up to his neck in more sexual skullduggery.... royalty...our betters ...nah ....fuck nah "

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

. The rumours that James Hewitt could be Prince Harry father have never really gone away.I think it’s mostly to do with the red / ginger hair.However I remember reading somewhere that Princess Diana said he is my little Spencer as her side of the family have red / ginger haired members of the family.I remember the aftermath and funeral in 1997 and her brother Charles Spencer had red / ginger hair now all grey.

» Add a new message to this topic