FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Pension check

Pension check

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thought i would ahare this , i recently found paperwork dati g back too 2015 about a pension i thought was dead ( never knew i had ) and after chatting to a brill customer service person ) i found i had a windfall and have to say i had to take a moment to breathe after ahe told me what was in my own fund .

So the day off checking old paperwork was a bonus , so please check pensions

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ukeM8519Man  over a year ago

Sligo

How much. You can’t start a thread and not tell. ??

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah funny you should say that I had an old pension with a company I worked for ages ago just for a couple of years that will give me around £600 a year before tax from the age of 62 and I found out 2 months ago that the transfer value is just under £65k obviously take advice before doing anything with it blah blah

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

Yeah I had a nice surprise in 2016, non contributory defined benefit pension from a company I was with for 11 years, took the transfer value, not always right but it was for me. Happily retired in Torquay now so nothing not to like.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Transfer values are generous as pension funds want to get you to invest with someone else. Saves them pounds.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Did the same recently myself OP, didn’t for imagine think it would be as valuable as it was as it was from my first job and I wasn’t exactly racking the money in but it’ll be a nice addition (when I’m finally able to touch it)

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

"Transfer values are generous as pension funds want to get you to invest with someone else. Saves them pounds.

"

Also depends if you have dependents, they can't know that so it's factored in, if you don't happy days mostly

» Add a new message to this topic