FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Being more cautious on later life

Being more cautious on later life

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What's done is done i know, but sometimes reflect on the near misses that makes me cringe a little, scars and sceletal injuries.

Some incidents i could've lost limbs, eyes, hearing, stabbed or been killed.

Is it very common for people of my age, late 50s?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Common to look back at these near misses?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'd say it's common to look back. I guess what you look back on varies. I'm obviously not in my 50s but I do find myself looking back over certain incidents in my life and thinking I'd never do that now.

"I'd say it's common to look back. I guess what you look back on varies. I'm obviously not in my 50s but I do find myself looking back over certain incidents in my life and thinking I'd never do that now. "

Any regrets and thunking/wishing you hadn't done it?

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I sometimes look back and wonder how I’m still here!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When I think back to some of the shit I've gotten up to over the years, the near misses I've had, yeah I think I'm lucky to still be here but I had fun doing a lot of them and they have moulded me into the man I am today.

I'll probably continue to do a lot of foolish things here and there but if I'm not hurting anyone else and they make me smile, who else cares?!

Enjoy your life....you dont get another one!

OP loving the post as its a great subject for us oldies, myself around 30yrs ago had an accident at work never knew i had CPR done to me , so cat with 9 lives

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'd say it's common to look back. I guess what you look back on varies. I'm obviously not in my 50s but I do find myself looking back over certain incidents in my life and thinking I'd never do that now.

Any regrets and thunking/wishing you hadn't done it? "

In some ways yes *but* I've also learned a lot from these things and I think have improved myself so I think regret might be useful in that way.

"OP loving the post as its a great subject for us oldies, myself around 30yrs ago had an accident at work never knew i had CPR done to me , so cat with 9 lives "

Wow, ive definitely lived long enough to learn from them. Im very cautious now.

"I'd say it's common to look back. I guess what you look back on varies. I'm obviously not in my 50s but I do find myself looking back over certain incidents in my life and thinking I'd never do that now.

Any regrets and thunking/wishing you hadn't done it?

In some ways yes *but* I've also learned a lot from these things and I think have improved myself so I think regret might be useful in that way.

"

"OP loving the post as its a great subject for us oldies, myself around 30yrs ago had an accident at work never knew i had CPR done to me , so cat with 9 lives

Wow, ive definitely lived long enough to learn from them. Im very cautious now. "

i am 56yrs old mate and that was the most scariest thing in my life , i now have a eye disorder commonly know in ages off people off 65+ so eveey 8 weeks i get an injection in eye . Have always believed life forliving so i try do now what i did when i was in my 20's

"OP loving the post as its a great subject for us oldies, myself around 30yrs ago had an accident at work never knew i had CPR done to me , so cat with 9 lives

Wow, ive definitely lived long enough to learn from them. Im very cautious now. i am 56yrs old mate and that was the most scariest thing in my life , i now have a eye disorder commonly know in ages off people off 65+ so eveey 8 weeks i get an injection in eye . Have always believed life forliving so i try do now what i did when i was in my 20's "

Good attitude mate

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Wow, ive definitely lived long enough to learn from them. Im very cautious now. i am 56yrs old mate and that was the most scariest thing in my life , i now have a eye disorder commonly know in ages off people off 65+ so eveey 8 weeks i get an injection in eye . Have always believed life forliving so i try do now what i did when i was in my 20's "

Macular degeneration?

Please tell me it's not actually injected "in" your eye......kudos if it is, bigger balls than me Môn Frere

Wow, ive definitely lived long enough to learn from them. Im very cautious now. i am 56yrs old mate and that was the most scariest thing in my life , i now have a eye disorder commonly know in ages off people off 65+ so eveey 8 weeks i get an injection in eye . Have always believed life forliving so i try do now what i did when i was in my 20's

Please tell me it's not actually injected "in" your eye......kudos if it is, bigger balls than me Môn Frere "

My neighbour has that done.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

I used to look back at those episodes and laugh at how stupid I was, not and look back and cringe for the same reason.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Wow, ive definitely lived long enough to learn from them. Im very cautious now. i am 56yrs old mate and that was the most scariest thing in my life , i now have a eye disorder commonly know in ages off people off 65+ so eveey 8 weeks i get an injection in eye . Have always believed life forliving so i try do now what i did when i was in my 20's

Please tell me it's not actually injected "in" your eye......kudos if it is, bigger balls than me Môn Frere "

It is.

Please tell me it's not actually injected "in" your eye......kudos if it is, bigger balls than me Môn Frere

It is. "

Yoiks, brave soul.

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

After spending 16 nights in hospital as a result of an RTA, my wife was told that if I had been in an ordinary car, rather then a 4x4, I probably wouldn't be coming home.

And, I very much regret the way I treated a lady here, many years ago now, a real regret of my life.

"After spending 16 nights in hospital as a result of an RTA, my wife was told that if I had been in an ordinary car, rather then a 4x4, I probably wouldn't be coming home.

And, I very much regret the way I treated a lady here, many years ago now, a real regret of my life. "

You ok physically now?

Is it always like that in Sunderland?!

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

On a firing range, if not for a corporal swift action I would’ve had my head blown off. No open casket for me Another Squaddie rather keep his rifle pointing down the range after a live firing exercise, accidentally pointed it next to my head.

There’s been periods of my life when I wished his trigger finger had been used, very rarely, but knowing I’d have had (as far as I’m aware) a very quick and painless death seemed to be something I’d welcome at really painful times in my life.

However now I’m in a better place with three children who wouldn’t be here if that had happened, also helps me realise no matter what you go through, eventually it’ll pass.

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

"After spending 16 nights in hospital as a result of an RTA, my wife was told that if I had been in an ordinary car, rather then a 4x4, I probably wouldn't be coming home.

And, I very much regret the way I treated a lady here, many years ago now, a real regret of my life.

You ok physically now? "

I'm fine thanks, a little reduction on the reach on one shoulder, but that's all.

You ok physically now?

I'm fine thanks, a little reduction on the reach on one shoulder, but that's all. "

[Removed by poster at 21/05/21 23:00:42]

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"What's done is done i know, but sometimes reflect on the near misses that makes me cringe a little, scars and sceletal injuries.

Some incidents i could've lost limbs, eyes, hearing, stabbed or been killed.

Is it very common for people of my age, late 50s?

"

I can relate to this.

Aged 19, given opium to smoke in a whore house in Rangoon. Completely freaked out, ran away and woke up in a bush with thousands of ant bites.

Aged 19, shot at by security guards in the port of Maputo when leaving a party.

Aged 21, robbed at gunpoint in Durban South Africa

Aged 22, caught up in revolutionary protests in New Caledonia - gunfire; Molotov cocktails and soldiers acting like cunts.

Aged 24, mugged at knifepoint in Mombasa.

Aged 26, too much LSD in Oslo

Aged 27, alcoholic poisoning in Spain

Aged 27-50 - grew up and behaved a bit more rationally.

Aged 52 - had a stroke (determined to be a hole in the heart and was fixed)

"Is it always like that in Sunderland?!"

Not on Sunderland. Its nice n boringly safe.

Incidents were with army, then later on as an nhs nurse

» Add a new message to this topic