FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Struggling

Struggling

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey folks,

About a month ago I started struggling mentally.

I decided to give fab a wide berth for a bit and toyed with the idea of deleting my account altogether.

Now please don't get me wrong... this really isn't a look at me, feel sorry for me thread. I am ok... I just needed to get my head back in focus and a break sometimes helps.

What I am asking though is that if you have a friend or someone you like talking to on here that suddenly stops chatting or seems different to how they normally are then ask the question... "are you ok?" I know it would have been nice to talk to someone and not be accused of being a timewaster or just conveniently dropped from friends lists because I disappeared.

Sometimes we all need a little help. Reach out, that's all I am asking

Thanks xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hey folks,

I decided to give fab a wide berth for a bit and toyed with the idea of deleting my account altogether.

Now please don't get me wrong... this really isn't a look at me, feel sorry for me thread. I am ok... I just needed to get my head back in focus and a break sometimes helps.

What I am asking though is that if you have a friend or someone you like talking to on here that suddenly stops chatting or seems different to how they normally are then ask the question... "are you ok?" I know it would have been nice to talk to someone and not be accused of being a timewaster or just conveniently dropped from friends lists because I disappeared.

Thanks xxx"

so true OP

Hope your OK x

"Hey folks,

Thanks xxx

so true OP

Hope your OK x"

I am good thanks Key... just people always say "you can contact me if you need" when really it may need to be the other way around xx

That's shit, mate. Hope you're OK.

I was actually driving to meet someone earlier and I did think... fuck, I hope I don't crash, she'll think I'm a timewaster!

Seriously though, I think loads of people are struggling right now and I've only recently discovered that Fab is actually a social network as much as anything else.

"That's shit, mate. Hope you're OK.

I was actually driving to meet someone earlier and I did think... fuck, I hope I don't crash, she'll think I'm a timewaster!

Seriously though, I think loads of people are struggling right now and I've only recently discovered that Fab is actually a social network as much as anything else."

It is awful we have to think that way... I understand how it has happened... there do appear to be a lot of timewasters about... but sometimes needs must and you have to step back and look after yourself... you can always try and explain afterwards.

Fab can be an excellent Social Network.. bit other times it can contribute to the MH issues too

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Nice to see you back x

My circle is very, very small on here so I don't think anyone would notice that much if I disappeared for a while.

Sometimes as you say, you need to step away, last time I went for 18 months. It helps to refocus and come back with a new mindset x

All social networks can be terrible for mental health if you end up living through them. I actually deleted my Facebook account nearly 10 years ago - felt great! Never looked back. If you need to, maybe hide your profile for a while and take some serious time out to do something else that you enjoy.

Then come back and fuck your bollocks off!

"Nice to see you back x

My circle is very, very small on here so I don't think anyone would notice that much if I disappeared for a while.

Sometimes as you say, you need to step away, last time I went for 18 months. It helps to refocus and come back with a new mindset x"

It was noticed but I had no way of messaging you to ask if you are OK... thays why most of my friends have my kik too xxx

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I am the type of man who will always ask, there are a couple of people I do that with on here, likewise, there are a couple of people on here that do the same.

If I can be there for someone I will be

"Hey folks,

Thanks xxx"

Hope you're all good mate.x

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Hope you're ok OP. Mental problems are often missed on social media circles & it's good to make people aware.

Well written OP, as a fellow mental health sufferer it's good to know that at times you're not alone.

It's hard trying to be the positive one sending happy messages all the time when all you need is the one asking you how you are yourself.

I too left here last year and only returned after 6 months. Keep thinking about going again. Really need to reassess my support network.

Keep strong buddy.

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

So sorry to hear this OP but I’m so glad you are feeling better a break is good for the soul

I sometimes feel overwhelmed on here and I’m not the type of person to ask for help I really wish I was so I tend to slip off now and again it’s always lovely when someone checks to see if you are ok it shows how genuine they are there’s one person in particular on here that I won’t forget him for it he is an amazing person

"I am the type of man who will always ask, there are a couple of people I do that with on here, likewise, there are a couple of people on here that do the same.

If I can be there for someone I will be"

Thanks AC

"Hey folks,

Thanks xxx

Hope you're all good mate.x"

I'm good now, thanks Niceguy

"Hope you're ok OP. Mental problems are often missed on social media circles & it's good to make people aware. "

And all too easy to help out with too

"Well written OP, as a fellow mental health sufferer it's good to know that at times you're not alone.

It's hard trying to be the positive one sending happy messages all the time when all you need is the one asking you how you are yourself.

I too left here last year and only returned after 6 months. Keep thinking about going again. Really need to reassess my support network.

Keep strong buddy. "

I am one of those... always positive and often the last person most would expect to have any MH issue.

You to matey. It's good to talk

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

Just remember, It's always great to stop amd ask someone of they OK, that's the easy bit, just make sure you stay around for the answer. That's the hardr bit.

"So sorry to hear this OP but I’m so glad you are feeling better a break is good for the soul

I sometimes feel overwhelmed on here and I’m not the type of person to ask for help I really wish I was so I tend to slip off now and again it’s always lovely when someone checks to see if you are ok it shows how genuine they are there’s one person in particular on here that I won’t forget him for it he is an amazing person "

Just hope there are others here that will now be more mindful of how others can feel and how simple it is to make a difference

If you need a hug and a chat, you know where I am xx

"Just remember, It's always great to stop amd ask someone of they OK, that's the easy bit, just make sure you stay around for the answer. That's the hardr bit. "

Exactly Dolly.... you do have to be prepared for the difficult chats xx

"If you need a hug and a chat, you know where I am xx"

Always Tess xx

By *orny IrishMan  over a year ago

Rural Wiltshire

Great point well made OP. I hope you are OK.

It is very important probably more in the last 12ish months that we look after our and others mental health and don't be afraid to talk about it.

Having hit a very low and dark place previously I am aware of some of my triggers and try to take action to control the downward spiral.

Sometimes it is harder than others. Thankfully I have not hit that same point since but I am not ashamed to admit it has been close and very tough at times especially now.

Positive vibes to all who are finding it tough.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Glad you are better

Its hard because that person also may not be in a great place to ask if someone is ok, when things are tough and you have low energy its very hard to give it to someone else x

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

"Just remember, It's always great to stop amd ask someone of they OK, that's the easy bit, just make sure you stay around for the answer. That's the hardr bit.

Exactly Dolly.... you do have to be prepared for the difficult chats xx"

I hate all the posts on fb. 1 like 1 share show you care..share this in support of....spread this and make people aware.. people arnt always looking for advice, but someome to just acknowledge them In a way. Give some time to actually listen, let them be heard.

People often look, but never really see.

"Glad you are better

Its hard because that person also may not be in a great place to ask if someone is ok, when things are tough and you have low energy its very hard to give it to someone else x"

And thats ok too.... if you're struggling yourself then don't take on someone else's stuff too unless you think you can deal with it. I usually find helping someone else is good for helping me reset and recentre my own issues xx

"Just remember, It's always great to stop amd ask someone of they OK, that's the easy bit, just make sure you stay around for the answer. That's the hardr bit.

Exactly Dolly.... you do have to be prepared for the difficult chats xx

I hate all the posts on fb. 1 like 1 share show you care..share this in support of....spread this and make people aware.. people arnt always looking for advice, but someome to just acknowledge them In a way. Give some time to actually listen, let them be heard.

People often look, but never really see.

"

Often it is seen as someone else's problem to deal with. Sadly x

» Add a new message to this topic