FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Wish I had been more irresponsible!

Wish I had been more irresponsible!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok, be gentle with me! As I reflect back on life, I wish that I would have said fuck work more and just gone for it! An example: One Saturday morning, I was headed for work and bumped into a friend I had not seen in years. He was headed home from a Guns N Roses outdoor show and was worse for wear. I knew he needed taking care of, he was in a bad way. He wouldn’t let me help him, and assured me, he was ok. That was the last time I saw him, he took his own life soon after! I wish I had said fuck work, he needs me now. I know it wouldn't have changed things, but I really regret it.

Anyone else feel the same?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If I had go back in time and give myself some advice. When I was 20, just recovered from cancer and got damaged neurological system, couldn’t balance/poor mobility. I’d tell myself everything’s going to be ok and just go back to college sooner and fuck it get out there and meet people, take chances, have fun.

Not really tbh. The world is the world and if you change one thing then something else will happen. Our acts are all interlinked so imo best to just live your best life and not regret what you can no longer change

Sad story though

I don't regret choices I made in the past as at the time they were the right choice to make. And having made a different choice wouldn't guarantee a better outcome.

I was quite irresponsible in my younger days and 'lived' but most of that was due to an unrecognised mental health condition. Do I wish things had been different or that I didn't have my mind to contend with? No, because I wouldn't be me. Instead I've learnt how to cope with and manage my moods.

You can't change the past so there's no need point in regretting it.

By *lueEyesEnigmaMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Don't regret, you can't change anything learn from it and be positive/mindful going forward.

Regret and fear are the twin thieves of time, the regrets of yesterday and the fear of tomorrow, rob us of today!

Thanks for kind comments, it helps put things in perspective.

Now I am retired, I see what a con doing the right thing was sometimes, most of it didn’t really matter!

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

"Regret and fear are the twin thieves of time, the regrets of yesterday and the fear of tomorrow, rob us of today!

Now I am retired, I see what a con doing the right thing was sometimes, most of it didn’t really matter!

"

Ah, but hindsight is a bugger, OP. You'll just get twisted up with regret if you dwell on it too much.

So sorry about your friend, but it may well have happened anyway - don't blame yourself. Xx

"Regret and fear are the twin thieves of time, the regrets of yesterday and the fear of tomorrow, rob us of today!

Ah, but hindsight is a bugger, OP. You'll just get twisted up with regret if you dwell on it too much.

So sorry about your friend, but it may well have happened anyway - don't blame yourself. Xx"

We all have our own paths, sometimes they cross one another! He had his own path, few knew how bad he was, he never talked, he just showed us! Thank you!

» Add a new message to this topic