FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Any people with interesting jobs?

Any people with interesting jobs?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just curiosity! I understand people have their privacy

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ilth84Man  over a year ago

Stafford

"Just curiosity! I understand people have their privacy "

Im a Ghoul Wrangler

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I (Luke) have a very boring job in IT. Hannah has an interesting job but it's quite public-facing so we don't openly talk about it on Fab.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes thank you!

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

"Just curiosity! I understand people have their privacy "

Yes. Had a job that millions dream of before lockdown. Now I work for customs but it’s all hush hush haha

Both interesting

[Removed by poster at 19/05/21 00:02:05]

By *awk90Man  over a year ago

Amsterdam

I enjoy my job a lot! Forefront of a particular brand of physics, pushing limits of what we know

"I (Luke) have a very boring job in IT. Hannah has an interesting job but it's quite public-facing so we don't openly talk about it on Fab. "

IT must be fun! its what you make of it, gotta be creative i can imagine!

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

"I (Luke) have a very boring job in IT. Hannah has an interesting job but it's quite public-facing so we don't openly talk about it on Fab.

IT must be fun! its what you make of it, gotta be creative i can imagine!"

Nope. Not creative. I'm a software tester. Tedious. Dull. I keep applying to become a rock star but the jobs I get are in IT.

By *izzie and VictorCouple  over a year ago

worcestershire

V is a scientist and L has a craft business from home

"I enjoy my job a lot! Forefront of a particular brand of physics, pushing limits of what we know"

If it's how we can defy gravity then do let us know!

"I (Luke) have a very boring job in IT. Hannah has an interesting job but it's quite public-facing so we don't openly talk about it on Fab.

IT must be fun! its what you make of it, gotta be creative i can imagine!

Nope. Not creative. I'm a software tester. Tedious. Dull. I keep applying to become a rock star but the jobs I get are in IT. "

Lol yeah don't we all mate!

By *tue555Man  over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

36 years Professional Photographer, Fashion, entertainment, glamour, travelled the world. Quite boring really.

"V is a scientist and L has a craft business from home"

Now that is interesting! Scientist is pretty cool! and I can only imagine what L can make!

"36 years Professional Photographer, Fashion, entertainment, glamour, travelled the world. Quite boring really."

I bet you've seen a lot and experienced a lot too lol!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

We work in international education and it's fun. Stressful recently (okay, for the whole pandemic) but fun

By *ilth84Man  over a year ago

Stafford

"V is a scientist and L has a craft business from home

Now that is interesting! Scientist is pretty cool! and I can only imagine what L can make! "

Non-neutonian fluid?

"We work in international education and it's fun. Stressful recently (okay, for the whole pandemic) but fun "

Ooo that does sound cool! are they mostly poorly funded countries?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I was a KTP associate when younger, first job after graduating, it was lots of fun I got to work in fashion and visit lots of countries and wrote articles in stitch world!!

By *hocCock1Man  over a year ago

Southampton

Shagging for Sydney University

"I was a KTP associate when younger, first job after graduating, it was lots of fun I got to work in fashion and visit lots of countries and wrote articles in stitch world!! "

favourite places you have been?

By *rMrs322Couple  over a year ago

Sandy

Not that interesting but im a prison officer D

"Shagging for Sydney University

"

Lol!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"We work in international education and it's fun. Stressful recently (okay, for the whole pandemic) but fun

Ooo that does sound cool! are they mostly poorly funded countries? "

Very mixed indeed - everyone from those living in the slums of Nairobi, to the rainforests of Ecuador to the offspring of Sheikhs. We are both originally trained in scientific disciplines....

"Not that interesting but im a prison officer D"

It peaks interest! million questions already flooding through my head lol

"We work in international education and it's fun. Stressful recently (okay, for the whole pandemic) but fun

Ooo that does sound cool! are they mostly poorly funded countries?

Very mixed indeed - everyone from those living in the slums of Nairobi, to the rainforests of Ecuador to the offspring of Sheikhs. We are both originally trained in scientific disciplines...."

That sounds like fun tbh! hugely rewarding too by the sounds of it! Somewhere different too!

By *edantic SheilaWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"

Shagging for research purposes

Shagging for research purposes "

Lol! Best job in the world

worcestershire

Now that is interesting! Scientist is pretty cool! and I can only imagine what L can make! "

Thanks

Between us we actually make quite a lot of different types of things but maybe guessing could be it’s own thread ??

Sandy

"Not that interesting but im a prison officer D

It peaks interest! million questions already flooding through my head lol "

Lol im an open book wasnt expecting that response

Now that is interesting! Scientist is pretty cool! and I can only imagine what L can make!

Thanks

Between us we actually make quite a lot of different types of things but maybe guessing could be it’s own thread ??"

I'm happy to jump onto that lol if there's anyway to link me

worcestershire

Non-neutonian fluid? "

V’s PhD was actually looking at developing new ways of measuring non-Newtonian fluids ??

Lol im an open book wasnt expecting that response "

So do you enjoy it? can it be stressful sometimes due to it being so strict and having to be on the ball at all times?

Non-neutonian fluid?

V’s PhD was actually looking at developing new ways of measuring non-Newtonian fluids ??"

Thats mega awesome man

Sandy

So do you enjoy it? can it be stressful sometimes due to it being so strict and having to be on the ball at all times? "

I love the job personally. My opinion changed alot from what the media portrays to what the reality is of the job itself.

It has its tough days but mostly its not too bad. I can count on both hands the days ive walked out thinking fuck me what a day haha been there nearly 3 years.

Passed Beyond Reach

"36 years Professional Photographer, Fashion, entertainment, glamour, travelled the world. Quite boring really.

I bet you've seen a lot and experienced a lot too lol! "

Yes both the good and the bad, but generally good.

So do you enjoy it? can it be stressful sometimes due to it being so strict and having to be on the ball at all times?

I love the job personally. My opinion changed alot from what the media portrays to what the reality is of the job itself.

It has its tough days but mostly its not too bad. I can count on both hands the days ive walked out thinking fuck me what a day haha been there nearly 3 years."

Yeah I understand I'm also in a job that the media portrays badly/worse than it actually is !

Yeah man looking at the positive sides of the job definitely outweigh the negatives

I have a very interesting job....but if I told you, I'd have to kill you.

"I have a very interesting job....but if I told you, I'd have to kill you."

Me and you both pal lol

Sandy

It has its tough days but mostly its not too bad. I can count on both hands the days ive walked out thinking fuck me what a day haha been there nearly 3 years.

Yeah I understand I'm also in a job that the media portrays badly/worse than it actually is !

Yeah man looking at the positive sides of the job definitely outweigh the negatives "

Care to share?

100 percent!! If you are a decent person its easier than if you arent. Sometimes its good to be remindsd where you work and what the risks are. Refreshes that alertness and keeps you on your toes.

Yeah man looking at the positive sides of the job definitely outweigh the negatives

Care to share?

100 percent!! If you are a decent person its easier than if you arent. Sometimes its good to be remindsd where you work and what the risks are. Refreshes that alertness and keeps you on your toes. "

Armed Forces bud,

Exactly! Once people sense your weakness and negativity it spreads like a plague!!!

Sandy

Care to share?

100 percent!! If you are a decent person its easier than if you arent. Sometimes its good to be remindsd where you work and what the risks are. Refreshes that alertness and keeps you on your toes.

Armed Forces bud,

Exactly! Once people sense your weakness and negativity it spreads like a plague!!!"

Nice, bet that has its share of interesting days too?

Thats it, treat people how you want to be treated. Im far to positive to let the negativity get to me. It winds people up. One benefit is the grossly dark sense of humour that comes from finding a way of dealing with the bad and the ugly

Care to share?

Armed Forces bud,

Exactly! Once people sense your weakness and negativity it spreads like a plague!!!

Thats it, treat people how you want to be treated. Im far to positive to let the negativity get to me. It winds people up. One benefit is the grossly dark sense of humour that comes from finding a way of dealing with the bad and the ugly "

Oh you betcha! lol Every day is a unique one lol! YES!!! I make jokes at any situation im in, just helps me deal with the situation and lighten the mood! Best way to be mate

Sandy

Care to share?

Armed Forces bud,

Thats it, treat people how you want to be treated. Im far to positive to let the negativity get to me. It winds people up. One benefit is the grossly dark sense of humour that comes from finding a way of dealing with the bad and the ugly

Oh you betcha! lol Every day is a unique one lol! YES!!! I make jokes at any situation im in, just helps me deal with the situation and lighten the mood! Best way to be mate "

They say humour is the best medicine. Boy, is it true with some of the things we see and deal with. Always find it amusing when i forget my audience and crack an inappropriate joke. Like oh shit, sorry its just how i deal with it

Care to share?

Armed Forces bud,

Oh you betcha! lol Every day is a unique one lol! YES!!! I make jokes at any situation im in, just helps me deal with the situation and lighten the mood! Best way to be mate

They say humour is the best medicine. Boy, is it true with some of the things we see and deal with. Always find it amusing when i forget my audience and crack an inappropriate joke. Like oh shit, sorry its just how i deal with it"

LOL! yeah we are rare breeds mate! many don't get our humor

"I enjoy my job a lot! Forefront of a particular brand of physics, pushing limits of what we know"

Dark matter? Black holes?? Quasars???

Sandy

Care to share?

Armed Forces bud,

They say humour is the best medicine. Boy, is it true with some of the things we see and deal with. Always find it amusing when i forget my audience and crack an inappropriate joke. Like oh shit, sorry its just how i deal with it

LOL! yeah we are rare breeds mate! many don't get our humor "

Absolutely! Even better when you find someone with a similar humour that understands

By *eviant KnightMan  over a year ago

Norton

I convert campervans. If anyone wants to rent one or have once custom built for them let me know

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

I lost my full-time job, this time last year, just as the pandemic was gathering pace; my 'job' is now one of personal development, preparing for the opening-up of a changed society, and finding out what niche I might satisfactorily occupy until my formal retirement, next year.

Frankly, I have had enough of working for nutcases; idiots, crackpots, assholes, bullies, exploiters, bigots, cretins, morons, dimwits, abusers, psychopaths, sociopaths, narcissists, fanatics, knowalls, infiltrators and patronisers.

Workplaces are replete with some extremely disordered individuals!

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I was a KTP associate when younger, first job after graduating, it was lots of fun I got to work in fashion and visit lots of countries and wrote articles in stitch world!!

favourite places you have been?"

Busy African cities like Lagos & Abidjan, I like a bit of hustle and bustle and a bargain ! For chill time, Lucea and Negril in Jamaica are the most beautiful and relaxing places I’ve been.

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

I'm a ringer outer, for a one armed window cleaner.

worcestershire

Hi fellow physicist

What’s your particular field?

I (V) work in developing instrumention for measuring particulate matter so dabble in a bit of all sorts from optics to soft matter

By *asilForty77Man  over a year ago

a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road

I've always worked in construction from air conditioning to wood butchery I'm currently out of a bit of graft but I don't mind.im selling tools and odds and sods on ebay to keep the funds coming in.

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

[Removed by poster at 19/05/21 00:52:21]

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

"I'm a ringer outer, for a one armed window cleaner."

Wasn't that one of Ken Dodd's favourite jokes?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Studied physics, specialised in astronomy, employed writing systems software. Mostly my job resolves down to figuring out ingenious ways of efficiently moving data from one device to some other normally incompatible device, stirring the data around into some new form, then moving it along again to somewhere else. It's interesting to the sort of people that are interested in that sort of thing...

I was with the US Army as a combat flight medic. Got out transitioned to a pharmacy technician. I miss the adrenaline of the army but I like the peace of helping people now. Wouldn't change anything I have done.

"I lost my full-time job, this time last year, just as the pandemic was gathering pace; my 'job' is now one of personal development, preparing for the opening-up of a changed society, and finding out what niche I might satisfactorily occupy until my formal retirement, next year.

Frankly, I have had enough of working for nutcases; idiots, crackpots, assholes, bullies, exploiters, bigots, cretins, morons, dimwits, abusers, psychopaths, sociopaths, narcissists, fanatics, knowalls, infiltrators and patronisers.

Workplaces are replete with some extremely disordered individuals!"

You've met my MD!

By *andRCouple  over a year ago

barry

Interesting to some , I am a goldsmith and diamond setter.

Xx G

Wouldn’t call it a job but yes intering to say the least alows me to do what I want when it want so can’t complain

I work when ever I can be bothered at this point

I love my job, it’s interesting, it’s demanding, I feel like a difference is being made (cheesy I know) and although some I trust on here know what it is, I can’t say what it is in open forum.

"I love my job, it’s interesting, it’s demanding, I feel like a difference is being made (cheesy I know) and although some I trust on here know what it is, I can’t say what it is in open forum. "

So you have to share what it is to make the point

By *lameBoyMan  over a year ago

Enfield & Dublin

Full time firefighter paramedic for the last 24 years. Definitely lots of variety in it with challenges and risk. High octane and fast paced.

Firefighters paramedic? They have their own paramedics?

[Removed by poster at 19/05/21 03:54:25]

"I love my job, it’s interesting, it’s demanding, I feel like a difference is being made (cheesy I know) and although some I trust on here know what it is, I can’t say what it is in open forum.

So you have to share what it is to make the point"

I’d love to but my privacy is more valuable to me than making the point.

"I love my job, it’s interesting, it’s demanding, I feel like a difference is being made (cheesy I know) and although some I trust on here know what it is, I can’t say what it is in open forum.

I’d love to but my privacy is more valuable to me than making the point."

So either secret service or of similar value

I’d love to but my privacy is more valuable to me than making the point."

But you live in Macclesfield so that’s not it right?

Enfield & Dublin

"Firefighters paramedic? They have their own paramedics?"

Dual role. We provide fire, ambulance and rescue services. All staff are multi disciplined and switch between skill sets.

Really? I’m extremely familiar to the emergency services and particularly the fire service, and honestly I’ve never hear of it

Enfield & Dublin

"Really? I’m extremely familiar to the emergency services and particularly the fire service, and honestly I’ve never hear of it"

Unbroken combined fire and ambulance service since 1898 brigade was formed in 1862.

"Really? I’m extremely familiar to the emergency services and particularly the fire service, and honestly I’ve never hear of it

Unbroken combined fire and ambulance service since 1898 brigade was formed in 1862. "

Yep. Google tells me this is not a thing anymore

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Really? I’m extremely familiar to the emergency services and particularly the fire service, and honestly I’ve never hear of it

Unbroken combined fire and ambulance service since 1898 brigade was formed in 1862.

Yep. Google tells me this is not a thing anymore"

Interesting, mine says otherwise:

The Dublin Fire Brigade (DFB; Irish: Briogáid Dóiteáin Átha Cliath) is the local authority fire and rescue service and ambulance service for Dublin City and the majority of the Greater Dublin Area. It is a branch of Dublin City Council. There are currently 14 fire stations staffed by DFB, 12 of which are full-time, the other 2 are part-time or "retained". Full-time stations are staffed by shifts across 4 watches, A, B, C & D. There are currently over 1000 active firefighter/paramedic personnel making it the largest fire service based on personnel and resources in Ireland.

The Dublin Fire Brigade (DFB; Irish: Briogáid Dóiteáin Átha Cliath) is the local authority fire and rescue service and ambulance service for Dublin City and the majority of the Greater Dublin Area. It is a branch of Dublin City Council. There are currently 14 fire stations staffed by DFB, 12 of which are full-time, the other 2 are part-time or "retained". Full-time stations are staffed by shifts across 4 watches, A, B, C & D. There are currently over 1000 active firefighter/paramedic personnel making it the largest fire service based on personnel and resources in Ireland.

"

Yeah seen that. But that fire fighters and/or paramedics not a hybrid of the two

Enfield & Dublin

"

I can assure you that google is wrong.

So you are qualified in both fire fighting and all that’s paramedic?

Enfield & Dublin

"So you are qualified in both fire fighting and all that’s paramedic?"

Absolutely. We switch seamlessly between the two roles.

"So you are qualified in both fire fighting and all that’s paramedic?

Absolutely. We switch seamlessly between the two roles. "

So who’s your employer?

Gapping Fanny

Yeah seen that. But that fire fighters and/or paramedics not a hybrid of the two"

You saw but didnt read yeah? Bad sign if you are a firefighter yourself

Dublin Fire Brigade, operates 14 ambulances on behalf of the Health Service Executive and 2 advanced paramedic response vehicles with staff rotating between fire and ambulance duties. Most firefighters are PHECC registered paramedics. Fire engines are often sent to more serious medical calls before an ambulance and to assist where extra assistance is required. Dublin Fire Brigade’s fire and rescue resources are funded by and under the remit of Dublin City Council. Medical resources are funded by the HSE via service-level agreement from the National Ambulance Service annual budget.

Yeah seen that. But that fire fighters and/or paramedics not a hybrid of the two

Dublin Fire Brigade, operates 14 ambulances on behalf of the Health Service Executive and 2 advanced paramedic response vehicles with staff rotating between fire and ambulance duties. Most firefighters are PHECC registered paramedics. Fire engines are often sent to more serious medical calls before an ambulance and to assist where extra assistance is required. Dublin Fire Brigade’s fire and rescue resources are funded by and under the remit of Dublin City Council. Medical resources are funded by the HSE via service-level agreement from the National Ambulance Service annual budget.

"

Copied from Wiki I see. You know anything about wiki

Enfield & Dublin

"

I’m not gonna get into a pissing contest with you over a job I’ve had the past 24 years. I know intimately how the organisation works and where it’s origins are. I don’t need to look up google.

I’m not gonna get into a pissing contest with you over a job I’ve had the past 24 years. I know intimately how the organisation works and where it’s origins are. I don’t need to look up google. "

“Is it the weekend yet” states your profile? So you work 9-5 doing this yeah?

Enfield & Dublin

I’m not gonna get into a pissing contest with you over a job I’ve had the past 24 years. I know intimately how the organisation works and where it’s origins are. I don’t need to look up google.

“Is it the weekend yet” states your profile? So you work 9-5 doing this yeah?"

No. I’m going to a party at the weekend. There’s more to life than work.

Gapping Fanny

Copied from Wiki I see. You know anything about wiki "

About as much as you do about the Dublin fire and rescue service I would assume.

Enfield & Dublin

Oh, but when was the comment posted to your profile "

Shortly after midnight I think? Why is it important anyway? I know lots of permanently unemployed people who get excited for a bank holiday weekend????????

Yeah me

Oh, but when was the comment posted to your profile

Shortly after midnight I think? Why is it important anyway? I know lots of permanently unemployed people who get excited for a bank holiday weekend????????"

Unemployed? Now what you ok about

Gapping Fanny

I’m not gonna get into a pissing contest with you over a job I’ve had the past 24 years. I know intimately how the organisation works and where it’s origins are. I don’t need to look up google. "

Yeah, I think you meant the other guy.

I honestly don’t care about what you do, but I hate bullies and know it alls.

I honestly don’t care about what you do, but I hate bullies and know it alls."

Bullies? What??! Someone calling bullsh*t is the opposite of a bully. Also, you jump on g in with negative words is understandabley deemed bullying

Enfield & Dublin

"

I honestly don’t care about what you do, but I hate bullies and know it alls."

Sorry @_etcpl. You’re right there.

"

Sorry @_etcpl. You’re right there. "

Fakes need to be called out. Fakes are the ones that potentially harm, not those that see through the lies.

Enfield & Dublin

"

Fakes need to be called out. Fakes are the ones that potentially harm, not those that see through the lies. "

Who do you think is fake and why?

"

Fakes need to be called out. Fakes are the ones that potentially harm, not those that see through the lies.

Who do you think is fake and why?"

And no emergency professional meets a stranger for hook ups in a pandemic. But yet, your profile states you did

Enfield & Dublin

"

Why do I think that and also why? That’s just one why right? Because I sense lies and nothing backs up your “truth”"

Well I do apologise for challenging your superior knowledge on my career. I promise not to do it again.

"

Why do I think that and also why? That’s just one why right? Because I sense lies and nothing backs up your “truth”

Well I do apologise for challenging your superior knowledge on my career. I promise not to do it again. "

The old play the victim to avoid the truth. Actually I was interested and believed you, but then a beacon went off and here we are. Read back, I simply asked questions about your occupation which is relevant to the thread. No need to be so protective

"

Why do I think that and also why? That’s just one why right? Because I sense lies and nothing backs up your “truth”"

Oh dear someone has the case of the green eyed monster having lived in Dublin for 10 years ,i fully back up this poor guys job role, your the bully, disrespectful to à guy who does and awesome job.

Gapping Fanny

"

Why do I think that and also why? That’s just one why right? Because I sense lies and nothing backs up your “truth”

Well I do apologise for challenging your superior knowledge on my career. I promise not to do it again.

The old play the victim to avoid the truth. Actually I was interested and believed you, but then a beacon went off and here we are. Read back, I simply asked questions about your occupation which is relevant to the thread. No need to be so protective "

Really? Weren’t you playing the victim card earlier when bullying was called out?

At what point did you believe him? When you said your Google fu stated it wasn’t a thing anymore? When you pointed out I was C&P from a wiki? When you asked who his employer was? When you asked when he updated his status? When you made the bold claim that no emergency professional meets up during a pandemic?

You were acting in a disingenuous manner, not curious, but as judge and jury to “expose the lies and fakes!” because someone has a job you aren't familiar with.

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I’m a milk pillow plumper

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I work with lots of knives

Not hugely, 'engineering' i work within 'eco transport' we convert trains to low emissions & are developing a zero emissions self charging motor system for rolling stock

By *phrodite_AdonisCouple  over a year ago

~~

I’m a transpondster

"

The old play the victim to avoid the truth. Actually I was interested and believed you, but then a beacon went off and here we are. Read back, I simply asked questions about your occupation which is relevant to the thread. No need to be so protective

Really? Weren’t you playing the victim card earlier when bullying was called out?

At what point did you believe him? When you said your Google fu stated it wasn’t a thing anymore? When you pointed out I was C&P from a wiki? When you asked who his employer was? When you asked when he updated his status? When you made the bold claim that no emergency professional meets up during a pandemic?

You were acting in a disingenuous manner, not curious, but as judge and jury to “expose the lies and fakes!” because someone has a job you aren't familiar with."

Bless, I forgot this conversation. Stop with it, live your life

"

You were acting in a disingenuous manner, not curious, but as judge and jury to “expose the lies and fakes!” because someone has a job you aren't familiar with.

Bless, I forgot this conversation. Stop with it, live your life"

Your à very unlikeable man, not so big when being called out tutt tutt

"

Bless, I forgot this conversation. Stop with it, live your life

Your à very unlikeable man, not so big when being called out tutt tutt "

And that’s displayed where

Mines interesting to others, I like it and to me it pays the bills

"Mines interesting to others, I like it and to me it pays the bills "

What’s your job though

"Mines interesting to others, I like it and to me it pays the bills

What’s your job though"

I’m a private military contractor

What’s your job though

I’m a private military contractor "

But what is your job. What do you do?

What’s your job though

But what is your job. What do you do?"

No one talks about f*ght c*ub.

What’s your job though

No one talks about f*ght c*ub."

You did

By *torm in a G cupWoman  over a year ago

Land of the Long White Cloud

I have lots of very interesting work stories, but not sure my job is that interesting and there are huge staffing shortages. It has allowed me to work all over the World though.

What’s your job though

Are you going to start another argument about someone's job?

What’s your job though

You did "

Bugger.

What’s your job though

Are you going to start another argument about someone's job? "

I asked a question. I’ll ignore the rest

By *innMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

I’ve worked in public sector for a long time, however, my “other” role was to lay a false trail for government internal security, occasionally triggering their flags and diverting their attention.

Not so much anymore but it was fun.

I don't, but my friend is a shark photographer. That's pretty cool.

What’s your job though

Sorry am I interviewing for another role lol

My current contract is protecting, securing movement and supporting guys working in the Middle East. There’s so many different roles, contracts and they all change friending on the country you’re working in.

This isn’t the thread to be boring everyone with details.

What do you do?

What’s your job though

My current contract is protecting, securing movement and supporting guys working in the Middle East. There’s so many different roles, contracts and they all change friending on the country you’re working in.

What do you do?

"

Security!?

i came to read interesting replies about cool jobs.. and ended up reading a fight over my morning coffee P.

What’s your job though

You did

Bugger."

He’s like a little jack Russell isn’t he?

Do you think he’s jealous of other people

I had my career and gave it all up in late 2017

I now work to pay bills and not dip into savings

Strangely enough, I am happier with my lot now than I ever was when I 'chased the dream'

Simplicity in life works for me

What’s your job though

What do you do?

Security!?"

So then you’ll understand the many different avenues and roles within, are you UK based?

Do you look after people, residential property! Commercial, military establishments?

Or a doorman or maybe CCTV operator

My job could be seen as interesting. I am deputy manager of a day Nursery.

My son's job is interesting, he is a game developer, he works as a scripter

"i came to read interesting replies about cool jobs.. and ended up reading a fight over my morning coffee P. "

Same. Thread did seem to take a dark turn didn’t it. I darent list our professions in case I am chosen for zee interrogation.....

"i came to read interesting replies about cool jobs.. and ended up reading a fight over my morning coffee P. "

I didn’t realise there was a vetting process to posting in the forums lol

"i came to read interesting replies about cool jobs.. and ended up reading a fight over my morning coffee P.

Same. Thread did seem to take a dark turn didn’t it. I darent list our professions in case I am chosen for zee interrogation....."

I don’t mind a water boarding as long as it’s the lady carrying it out?

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

It peaks interest! million questions already flooding through my head lol "

I was a Prison Officer and believe me , there's some stuff you don't want to know

"i came to read interesting replies about cool jobs.. and ended up reading a fight over my morning coffee P.

I didn’t realise there was a vetting process to posting in the forums lol "

Dude. I only asked your job role. Sorry that offends you

Same. Thread did seem to take a dark turn didn’t it. I darent list our professions in case I am chosen for zee interrogation.....

I don’t mind a water boarding as long as it’s the lady carrying it out? "

Jessica Chastain in Zero Dark Thirty ?

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I work with people experiencing first episode psychosis.

I don’t mind a water boarding as long as it’s the lady carrying it out?

Jessica Chastain in Zero Dark Thirty ?"

More through giving oral pleasure to her

"I work with people experiencing first episode psychosis. "

Doing what?

I didn’t realise there was a vetting process to posting in the forums lol

Dude. I only asked your job role. Sorry that offends you"

You haven’t mate

Sheffield

"I work with people experiencing first episode psychosis.

Doing what?"

Hopefully, nursing them through it.

Doing what?

Hopefully, nursing them through it. "

Name and Number !!

Sheffield

Doing what?

Hopefully, nursing them through it.

Name and Number !!"

My favourite name is Kirk St Moritz

And I’m not a number, I’m a free man!!!

By *umalotagainMan  over a year ago

a town called malice

I think I have a pretty interesting job, certainly not many people doing it

Not something for the forums though, I do value some small amount of privacy

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

In answer to the OP’s question, yes I do.

"In answer to the OP’s question, yes I do. "

Interesting

I'm a whole time Firefighter. Never two days the same and after 20 years in the job I love it and the people that I work with just as much, if not more than I always have.

"I'm a whole time Firefighter. Never two days the same and after 20 years in the job I love it and the people that I work with just as much, if not more than I always have. "

Whole time?

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"I'm a whole time Firefighter. Never two days the same and after 20 years in the job I love it and the people that I work with just as much, if not more than I always have. "

I have a friend who is retained, he’d love to go whole time but don’t think the opportunity will arise, most are just retained around here.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

My job is unfortunate in that it sounds like it could be interesting and has the basic components to be so, alas not

"I'm a whole time Firefighter. Never two days the same and after 20 years in the job I love it and the people that I work with just as much, if not more than I always have.

Whole time?"

Yep! For example, not retained which is a part time Firefighter who usually has another full time job and lives close to their station and is mobilised via a pager when required.

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I'm a designer engineer and worked in many different fields of engineering.

I've had the privilege of working on some fantastic projects through the years.

I’m in Health Tech and it’s been an interesting 12 months!

Tink has recently taken a job pulling pints at our local.

X

[Removed by poster at 19/05/21 09:22:41]

By *ffit101Man  over a year ago

Cork and West Cork

I am a massage therapist. I specialise in spa treatments but my main qualification is in sports injury therapy.

Every time someone asks me what I do, they are very keen to learn more

"I work with people experiencing first episode psychosis. "

A potentially very rewarding job and one where you can make a real difference

Only scrolling up now to see the argument I read about in the last few comments

Not really, no.....

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

I’ve got a really quiet job.

I handle Donald Trumps Twitter account.

"Only scrolling up now to see the argument I read about in the last few comments "

I had him messing me for over an hour calling me a fake and a tax dodger! Found out he’s a fibre optic installation trainer...

So I’m guessing he’s targeting people with interesting jobs.

Then when he’s finished he tries telling you he earns more so he’s obvs the better guy lol

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

No. Dick mends things and I feed younger people.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I facilitate shit stirring

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I’ve got a really quiet job.

I handle Donald Trumps Twitter account. "

[Removed by poster at 19/05/21 09:35:26]

I've never had an interesting job - It's only ever been to get a wage to have an interesting life - so I'm not too bitter

I work with people, so interesting but default

I got a shitty secret job I cant discuss or tell anybody about. Unless I know they do the same job . I've only ever met one other and he is so hard to be around I choose not to.. sometimes things dont turn out to be what you imagined hey

"Only scrolling up now to see the argument I read about in the last few comments

I had him messing me for over an hour calling me a fake and a tax dodger! Found out he’s a fibre optic installation trainer...

Then when he’s finished he tries telling you he earns more so he’s obvs the better guy lol "

Honestly wetting myself. Someone got out of the wrong side of bed this morning it seems

He was Like a dog with a bone.

I thought he would of been a professional Tool.

"Only scrolling up now to see the argument I read about in the last few comments

Then when he’s finished he tries telling you he earns more so he’s obvs the better guy lol "

Oh dear. That’s not nice to see someone obviously so unhappy with their life.

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering

SAS trained killer and part time donkey smuggler. I've nothing to hide it's all on the profile so it must be true

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

30 years of being a goldsmith has been interesting every day.

Passed Beyond Reach

I'm clearly feeling a little deflated my job usually starts something, this time nothing.

Guess genuinely not that interesting

Maybe should have pretended I was a secret agent or something "Gratuitous True Lies Film Plug"

"30 years of being a goldsmith has been interesting every day. "

Do you work with unrefined gold at all? (I know that may sound silly question)

This!!

By *nouzouMan  over a year ago

london

I m engineer. Manager. Quality and correspondence auditor. Electrician. It guy. Math teacher.

Wants more ?

I think my job is interesting

Hope that helps

"I'm clearly feeling a little deflated my job usually starts something, this time nothing.

Maybe should have pretended I was a secret agent or something "Gratuitous True Lies Film Plug""

At least YOU find it interesting which is the important thing seeing as you have spent so many years doing it

I'm one of those knobhead steering wheel attendants that hold you up on dual carridgeways while overtaking another knobhead for 14 miles because I go 0.000000000046 mph faster than him. Inbetween that I may do a delivery or two. Meh

Passed Beyond Reach

"I'm clearly feeling a little deflated my job usually starts something, this time nothing.

Maybe should have pretended I was a secret agent or something "Gratuitous True Lies Film Plug"

At least YOU find it interesting which is the important thing seeing as you have spent so many years doing it "

I did/do as now retiring will Continue as a retired.

Passed Beyond Reach

At least YOU find it interesting which is the important thing seeing as you have spent so many years doing it

I did/do as now retiring will Continue as a retired. "

Also my ambition is to get the last post on forum thread, to actually achieve something on FAB after all these years before I leave

"I was with the US Army as a combat flight medic. Got out transitioned to a pharmacy technician. I miss the adrenaline of the army but I like the peace of helping people now. Wouldn't change anything I have done. "

Dustoff!.....much respect.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I use my special powers to carry out research and spot trends before acting accordingly. All from behind a laptop so I can do it anywhere I can get a connection.

That’s about as sexy as I can make it. It does afford me a nice life though.

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

"30 years of being a goldsmith has been interesting every day.

Do you work with unrefined gold at all? (I know that may sound silly question)"

No, it's a pain in the arse to do anything with unless you've got million pound equipment.