FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hospitality as of tomorrow

Hospitality as of tomorrow

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rincess peach OP   Woman  over a year ago

shits creek

So peeps, I know there's a buzz in the air and things seem to be going in the right direction.... kinda

Of course there's a but and here it is.

Please don't take the piss and try to bend the rules. When booking a table or going to the pub etc the rules are still in place.

6 people from 1 household or up to 8 people from 2 households. That's it. Things AREN'T "normal" yet. It ain't a free for all. Everyone over 16 needs to fill in test n trace. You will be refused service if you don't. It's mandatory and one of the clauses that allows businesses to open.

Be kind, be patient.

There are bound to be teething problems coz the chefs will be remembering exactly how everything works, what goes with what etc.

The waiting staff will be in physical pain. (I was stood for just 2 hours at a funeral a few weeks ago and could barely move the next day coz of the pain in my back so 8 hours is gonna be a real shock to the system!)

But yeah, as exciting as it is and as it appears on the surface, it ain't all groovy just yet. If you want the 21st June to happen, we need to make it happen by our own actions.

Good luck to all going back to work, if you're going out I hope you have a wonderful time.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

Completely agree with you Peach and good luck to you too when you finally go back xx

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Best of luck with tomorrow OP! I hope you don't experience any pain physically or from pain in the arse customers.

shits creek

"Completely agree with you Peach and good luck to you too when you finally go back xx"

Thank you.

4pm tomorrow is my return.

Fully booked.

6 and half months of doing bugger all then bam, having to hit the ground running (or crawling by the end of the shift!)

I'm sure I'll look at the till and stare blankly for a good few mins

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Well said peach.

May your first day back at work be a pleasure.

X

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

We have a meal booked for next Sunday for T’s 40th. We’ve never been to this restaurant before but they have been so lovely in helping me & keeping us up to date.

Many of us will no doubt have worked in the industry at some point so I hope we all remember how they will be feeling & be respectful.

Best of lucky to you lovely xx

J x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hope it goes well for you but you have actually got it wrong it's up to 6 people from 6 different households or 2 households of any size.

Iv taken that from the government website.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Well said OP....its in our hands

Well said.... we all have to be patient, be kind, and most importantly Stay safe x

Good luck for tomorrow OP x

shits creek

"I hope it goes well for you but you have actually got it wrong it's up to 6 people from 6 different households or 2 households of any size.

Iv taken that from the government website. "

Could be that it's because our largest table sits 8 then.

I don't understand why you'd allow 6 people from 6 households or up to 2 households. That doesn't make any sense.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Best of luck to you x

"I hope it goes well for you but you have actually got it wrong it's up to 6 people from 6 different households or 2 households of any size.

Iv taken that from the government website.

Could be that it's because our largest table sits 8 then.

I don't understand why you'd allow 6 people from 6 households or up to 2 households. That doesn't make any sense."

It might not but thats the rules.

Its the same for meeting indoors anywhere from tomorrow.

X

Walking into a new kitchen 2mo... well I've seen it but not done a service.. its going to be fun and interesting to see the demand. The weather hopefully doesn't deter people

"Walking into a new kitchen 2mo... well I've seen it but not done a service.. its going to be fun and interesting to see the demand. The weather hopefully doesn't deter people "

I don't think it will because they can go inside.

Hope it goes well.

Good luck and all the best for those in hospitality opening up tmora .. we supply theatres and corporate events so we're keeping our fingers crossed as well

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

A hot bath as soon as you get in

"Walking into a new kitchen 2mo... well I've seen it but not done a service.. its going to be fun and interesting to see the demand. The weather hopefully doesn't deter people "

Demand has been pretty high just with outside seating.

Good luck to you!

Well said Peach. Hope it goes well for you.

Personally, as someone who has booked 3 back to back 2 hour slots in a bar for myself and 5 others I think it is nice to be reminded and be thoughtful about the rules. I wish you all the best for tomorrow OP! I’ll have a few for you!

By *BootyfulDayWoman  over a year ago

Good luck tomorrow Peach!

I started back 3 weeks ago and what a shock to the system! But I agree with your post. The main thing I've noticed is sooooooo many no shows for bookings because people were double booking in advance

On the whole though the majority of people seem to be glad to be back to being able to go out to pubs/restaurants and have been friendly and following the rules so hopefully that continues

By *nfin8yWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

Totally agree OP. Hope all goes well for you.

shits creek

"Good luck tomorrow Peach!

I started back 3 weeks ago and what a shock to the system! But I agree with your post. The main thing I've noticed is sooooooo many no shows for bookings because people were double booking in advance

On the whole though the majority of people seem to be glad to be back to being able to go out to pubs/restaurants and have been friendly and following the rules so hopefully that continues "

Urgh, no shows cost money! I've always said they should take a deposit, even if it's just a fiver to cover the cost of the extra staff that have been bought in to cater for the bookings. Not to mention the tables you turn away but could had bloody catered for after all. It ain't fair.

How's the bladder getting on? I'm seriously considering a nappy

By *BootyfulDayWoman  over a year ago

On the whole though the majority of people seem to be glad to be back to being able to go out to pubs/restaurants and have been friendly and following the rules so hopefully that continues

Urgh, no shows cost money! I've always said they should take a deposit, even if it's just a fiver to cover the cost of the extra staff that have been bought in to cater for the bookings. Not to mention the tables you turn away but could had bloody catered for after all. It ain't fair.

How's the bladder getting on? I'm seriously considering a nappy "

Oh my days for sure. We have a wee outside bit at the front door and it's so embarrassing telling people they can't sit there for a booking and then they don't even show up

Hehehe luckily (or not so) I've been super unhealthy and not drinking nearly enough water! But I think my body is just used to not peeing for hours....maybe we should add that as an extra skill on our CVs?

I hope you have nice people tomorrow. We have so many older people as regulars and they have been so happy just coming out and talking to us which has been cute

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Good luck to you Peach, and to everyone in the industry.

I'm torn between being really happy that I'm not in it any more and kinda gutted. I used to love the mental busy times, arseholes or not. But I'm not sure I'd cope with all the rules and the fear these days to be honest.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

How's the bladder getting on? I'm seriously considering a nappy "

I think they should be given 15 mins over arrival time & then table released if they don’t call to explain running late.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

If anyone gives ya shit at work Peach I know you'll kick their arse

Good advice OP and good luck tomorrow. And to all punters, don't forget to tip !

Question for those who work in hospitality.

I always tip in cash but is that still acceptable as we are now discouraged from using cash because of covid?

By *ensual mMan  over a year ago

conwy

Ive been working in retail supermarket throughout covid and i hope you dont come across this but people have a lot of pent up anger and frustration for some reason and its only since we are getting back out of the house that this anger and frustration has been aimed at service staff and i dont know why. Theres more people about displaying entitlement behaviour than ive ever seen before. During covid we were heroes and people were unbelievably nice. Now we are an outlet for people to vent to. It seems that way to me anyway.

shits creek

How's the bladder getting on? I'm seriously considering a nappy

I think they should be given 15 mins over arrival time & then table released if they don’t call to explain running late. "

We give them 20, but you could have easily turned tables away whilst that table was empty in the time leading up to their arrival time. It makes ya look and feel a right dick when someone says "well that table is empty" and you tell them it's booked out in 30 mins time then they don't show. We tell them they're welcome to it if they don't show up but it still makes ya feel crap that the walk in could have been seated almost an hour prior (30 mins before the booking plus the 20 grace for lateness)

shits creek

"Question for those who work in hospitality.

I always tip in cash but is that still acceptable as we are now discouraged from using cash because of covid?"

Cash is welcomed and hugely appreciated. We are constantly sanitising hands between everything that gets touched anyway

I always tip in cash but is that still acceptable as we are now discouraged from using cash because of covid?

Cash is welcomed and hugely appreciated. We are constantly sanitising hands between everything that gets touched anyway "

Excellent.

Thanks for that, we tip Uber drives with cash but last week we had one that refused as he didn't want to touch it so thought I'd check.

"Well said OP....its in our hands "

Absolutely

The virus is only spread by human activity and thrives on anyone who simply ignores this.

Hope all the staff have a super day tommorrow.

shits creek

"Ive been working in retail supermarket throughout covid and i hope you dont come across this but people have a lot of pent up anger and frustration for some reason and its only since we are getting back out of the house that this anger and frustration has been aimed at service staff and i dont know why. Theres more people about displaying entitlement behaviour than ive ever seen before. During covid we were heroes and people were unbelievably nice. Now we are an outlet for people to vent to. It seems that way to me anyway."

I think we're all expecting it. It was dreadful in that opening period between lockdowns. People have been entitled for a long time now, and there's been a "complain culture" over anything and everything to get freebies or discounts.

We've had people try to demand free meals before now coz there were items unavailable on the menu and had to order something different, or coz we don't do salad cream

shits creek

Cash is welcomed and hugely appreciated. We are constantly sanitising hands between everything that gets touched anyway

Excellent.

Thanks for that, we tip Uber drives with cash but last week we had one that refused as he didn't want to touch it so thought I'd check. "

Stings like a mofo if you've got a cut!

Dry hands r us

Honestly, they'll really appreciate it. For me personally cash tips will be the difference between me walking 3 miles each way to and from work or being able to get the bus

Excellent.

Thanks for that, we tip Uber drives with cash but last week we had one that refused as he didn't want to touch it so thought I'd check.

Stings like a mofo if you've got a cut!

Dry hands r us

Honestly, they'll really appreciate it. For me personally cash tips will be the difference between me walking 3 miles each way to and from work or being able to get the bus "

Cash it is then.

Hope you get loads of tips tomorrow. X

[Removed by poster at 16/05/21 13:40:32]

"....indoor gatherings will be limited to 6 people or 2 households (each household can include a support bubble, if eligible)."

Reads as 6 people from no more than 2 households.

Aah, lovely no shows, such kind considerate people. And special diets you buy in for and prepare specials specifically for who then choose something they said they don't eat. The nasty foul mouthed complainers. The screaming brats parents ignore but nobody else can.

How we missed you all.

I never forget what goes in what. Just the speed. It may take longer until the chefs are fully up to speed. Muscle memory.

Good luck to you all and hope you get big tippers (remember folks, catering not well paid and those chefs have been taught how not to make someone ill or die - your life is in their hands).

By *elethWoman  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Will be thinking of you, lovely Peach. All the best for tomorrow!

By *olarbear73Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Good luck with it all Pp!

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

Best of luck in your return to work, OP, and my best wishes to everyone in the hospitality industry. It will be sooooo goood to be able to enjoy a drink or a meal out again at some point.

"So peeps, I know there's a buzz in the air and things seem to be going in the right direction.... kinda

Please don't take the piss and try to bend the rules. When booking a table or going to the pub etc the rules are still in place.

6 people from 1 household or up to 8 people from 2 households. That's it. Things AREN'T "normal" yet. It ain't a free for all. Everyone over 16 needs to fill in test n trace. You will be refused service if you don't. It's mandatory and one of the clauses that allows businesses to open.

Be kind, be patient.

There are bound to be teething problems coz the chefs will be remembering exactly how everything works, what goes with what etc.

The waiting staff will be in physical pain. (I was stood for just 2 hours at a funeral a few weeks ago and could barely move the next day coz of the pain in my back so 8 hours is gonna be a real shock to the system!)

But yeah, as exciting as it is and as it appears on the surface, it ain't all groovy just yet. If you want the 21st June to happen, we need to make it happen by our own actions.

Good luck to all going back to work, if you're going out I hope you have a wonderful time.

"

That should be posted on the door of every business reopening tomorrow.

People should have to pay deposits. If they behave like dicks the deposit is given to the staff having to serve them.

shits creek

I just tried my shirt on.

I hulked it down the back

"So peeps, I know there's a buzz in the air and things seem to be going in the right direction.... kinda

Be kind, be patient.

That should be posted on the door of every business reopening tomorrow.

People should have to pay deposits. If they behave like dicks the deposit is given to the staff having to serve them. "

That would be fantastic.

"I just tried my shirt on.

I hulked it down the back

"

ohhhhh noooo

Don't worry after running around like a looney for a few weeks you'll be back to normal

Be kind, be patient.

"

Hear hear, my sentiments exactly and to progress to relative normality then, as you said, stick to the rules and enjoy

Did we all survive today? My poor feet are done.

Well said OP and I hope it went well for you all today.

NBVN x

shits creek

Just got home.

The people were great apart from 1, so no complaints from me.

I did just over 8 miles, my thighs didn't rub together but my arsecheeks have!

I dunno if I'll be able to walk tomorrow but tough shit, I have it all to do again.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Just got home.

The people were great apart from 1, so no complaints from me.

I did just over 8 miles, my thighs didn't rub together but my arsecheeks have!

I dunno if I'll be able to walk tomorrow but tough shit, I have it all to do again."

Glad all went well and hope the aches aren’t to bad in the morning

How has it been going OP?

shits creek

Just got home from shift number 3, back on at 9 in the morning.

Busy.

People haven't been too bad apart from a couple who've refused to do the test n trace, telling us it's an invasion of privacy and all that bollocks so they've been waved goodbye without service.

Had a table write in tonight with feedback saying I was awesome and to thank me which was lush, I live for that shit.

My body is in shock tho. I ache from my neck to the tips of my blistery toes.

Manchester (she/her)

"Just got home from shift number 3, back on at 9 in the morning.

Busy.

People haven't been too bad apart from a couple who've refused to do the test n trace, telling us it's an invasion of privacy and all that bollocks so they've been waved goodbye without service.

Had a table write in tonight with feedback saying I was awesome and to thank me which was lush, I live for that shit.

"

Hope people continue to be decent

shits creek

Busy.

Hope people continue to be decent"

I have my fingers crossed. All it takes is one that rubs you up the wrong way and it can really knock you about. It does me anyway. I know it’s "just" being a waitress but to me it ain't. I put myself out there, I'm me. I'm not a robot with zero personality I'm just the same heart on sleeve wearing emotionally charged, trying to make people smile and spread some joy little cheeky fucker. As much as I bitch about it, I care. I care that people have a great time, enjoy their food, feel like they've been taken care of and leave smiling and remembering me for all the right reasons.

Manchester (she/her)

Busy.

Hope people continue to be decent

I have my fingers crossed. All it takes is one that rubs you up the wrong way and it can really knock you about. It does me anyway. I know it’s "just" being a waitress but to me it ain't. I put myself out there, I'm me. I'm not a robot with zero personality I'm just the same heart on sleeve wearing emotionally charged, trying to make people smile and spread some joy little cheeky fucker. As much as I bitch about it, I care. I care that people have a great time, enjoy their food, feel like they've been taken care of and leave smiling and remembering me for all the right reasons."

I get it

Busy.

"

Sounds positive on the whole.

I Don't understand people that think they are above the rules. Hopefully they are in the minority.

» Add a new message to this topic