FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Set in stone....

Set in stone....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *phrodite OP   Woman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

polarised views that something is either right or wrong. Or is it?

I m saying that the world has many shades of colour almost wherever we look, be it politics, views on climate change, education and morality.

Are you more likely to hold firm views? How easily are you prepared to revise your opinion on something?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mostly prepared to learn. But can be immovable on some things.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"polarised views that something is either right or wrong. Or is it?

I m saying that the world has many shades of colour almost wherever we look, be it politics, views on climate change, education and morality.

Are you more likely to hold firm views? How easily are you prepared to revise your opinion on something? "

My opinions are both strong but very fluid and flexible.

If I have an opinion, I hold it close and tight, but I am always open to be presented with valid reasons and debates as to why mine may be wrong or not as strong as I once had.

Those who are unable to be open to changes toward their opinions can often be extremely dangerous, or at the very least a problem or inconvenience in things. They are unable to adapt or grow, becoming stagnant and useless.

Too many people get defensive of their opinions, and thus are unable to discuss and learn. They become unapproachable. Everything is an attack, and feelings often overtake logic and reason.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think my foundations are firm, but what comes out of that is fluid. My base morality and ways of negotiating evidence are solid. Everything else is up for negotiation depending on the evidence presented to me.

Are you more likely to hold firm views? How easily are you prepared to revise your opinion on something? "

Always eager to learn

Always questioning everything

Absolutely everything

I’m always willing to learn, adapt and change. I don’t see how you can get through life without that, because as we grow and live, we gain life experience, we gain clarity, we know ourselves and others …

Always willing to listen and learn, but on certain things I have strong opinions of my own. Doesn't mean I can't accept the opinions of others though.

I done courses on all this

Those courses opened my eyes a time I needed them opened the most

Question everything

"I done courses on all this

Question everything "

Why ?

"I done courses on all this

Question everything

Why ? "

Why what ?

By *phrodite OP   Woman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I have grown up to question everything and I thank my dad for bringing me up this way.

It makes me question myself as well - especially when I get too cocky for my own good

I saw someone questioning everything dying young and I have heard of someone only ask himself one question celebrating 120 years old...

asking questions for the sake of asking is not the same as asking the right question to solve that question.

"I saw someone questioning everything dying young and I have heard of someone only ask himself one question celebrating 120 years old...

asking questions for the sake of asking is not the same as asking the right question to solve that question. "

If you was to be that 120 year old guy what do you think your 1 question would be ?

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I'm always happy to listen and take onboard other people's views, whether it would swing my view would depend on how valid there opinion or point was

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I saw someone questioning everything dying young and I have heard of someone only ask himself one question celebrating 120 years old...

asking questions for the sake of asking is not the same as asking the right question to solve that question. "

Kind of agree. But it is more a saying that is more along the lines of don't blindly believe and simply accept things you are told. Question is not the same as challenge.

George Carlin said "don't just teach your children to read, teach them to question what they read. Teach them to question everything"

Even Einstein said "the important thing is not to stop questioning"

» Add a new message to this topic