FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > criminal record check ...

criminal record check ...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ove bi guys OP   Woman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Hi

I need some advise. Sister has started dating someone I know has a past. Does anyone know how / if I can find out more before she gets in too deep.

I know before anyone says its her business but she is v naive and too trusting. I just want to know what we are dealing with.

Thank you .... A worried sister xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do u have any friends in high places u could ask? if u get the gist?

don't think you can unless you can prove there is a risk ? best going on goverment website or visit local police to find out.

By *o-jCouple  over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

Is it a violent past ?

nope - the person themselves can request it, or a recognised and sponsored body on their behalf

depending on what sort of past you mean, there may be some external resources

just watch what you are doing though

irregardless of you having (what you believe to be) her best interests at heart, she is unlikely to appreciate your interference

Birmingham

well he has been done for fraud, theft, driving ban, prostitution ... and more

he has 2 kids by 2 different women. neither child he is allowed to see without supervision.

A half decent private detective should be able to get you the

Information, although you probably will find it is of limited value...

And watch your bank account...

I would say my bit, once... Then back off...

Just be there if it goes wrong...;-)

By *uyuksno1Man  over a year ago

poole

actually you can go to the police and ask them to check that person out for you they cant tell you what comes up but they can say that theyve checked if there is a real problem they would actually appraoch your sister i know this because i work for rape crises and domestic violence and this new law has come about since the daughter of the scottish guy was killed by her stalker boyfriend and the police new he had a violent past legislation is now in place to protect vulnerable adults at family request but you are not privvy to ay information you can look it up on line but i cant remeber off hand what the site is sorry i will go see if i can find it in some of my old paper work xx

By *o-jCouple  over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

"actually you can go to the police and ask them to check that person out for you they cant tell you what comes up but they can say that theyve checked if there is a real problem they would actually appraoch your sister i know this because i work for rape crises and domestic violence and this new law has come about since the daughter of the scottish guy was killed by her stalker boyfriend and the police new he had a violent past legislation is now in place to protect vulnerable adults at family request but you are not privvy to ay information you can look it up on line but i cant remeber off hand what the site is sorry i will go see if i can find it in some of my old paper work xx"

Good advice

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

no one has the right to request a crb on anyone, so you would find it very difficult. Having someone in high places, well anyone in high places leaves trails so that wont work either. Better off speaking to the police, see if this new rule has been passed through where worried partners can ask if they have previous.

Hope this helps

x

Google his name, sometimes you can learn a lot just doing that. If you have a friend in the court system, ask them to do a check. My ex partners sister is in the court system and she has checked out a few people. A lawyer friend can also do a check for you, but if you already have evidence that he is dodgy and your sister still won't accpet the evidence, more evidence won't really help i think.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

[Removed by poster at 13/08/12 21:25:43]

By *uyuksno1Man  over a year ago

poole

nope paper work not here must be at the office sorry i will check tomorrow and pm you if u like x all the advice given to you so far is correct but if like you say he does have a past there is a way the police will check its not a crb and you are not privvy to the info but ive seen this alot lately if there is a real danger to your sister they will inform her! also its pretty unusual for the police if given a name not to check they might not tell you they have but its not unusual or difficult for them to type in a name however unless its a crime that is related to a domestic or sexual violence they wont pass on any info at all not even to your sister

Birmingham

Thanks everyone for comments.

I will do anything to protect her. She was hurt enough in last relationship.

If I know what I'm dealing with I can best work out how to help while letting her think its her idea x

The friends in high places comments are really not a route worth pursing. These days it leaves a fingerprint on the systems and only an idiot within the police would risk the disciplinary. One of the many previous disciplinaries against PC Simon Harwood was for abusing this.

Google is a useful tool, you may find links to local newspaper articles.

But really what will this achieve? You seem aware of his past so it must be relatively common knowledge yet she isn;t listening.

Hire a private detective... no I'm not taking the P, I'm sure they exist in real life although I dunno how much they woul cost.

"Hi

I need some advise. Sister has started dating someone I know has a past. Does anyone know how / if I can find out more before she gets in too deep.

I know before anyone says its her business but she is v naive and too trusting. I just want to know what we are dealing with.

Thank you .... A worried sister xx"

I will give you some good advice here and that is dont do it. For a start its a criminal offence trying to access restricted information. You could dig for information in the press and public domain but at best going further you could get accused at identity theft but it could get a lot worse.

Best bet is to get your sister to get him to be honest with her.

» Add a new message to this topic