the dole

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uyuksno1 OP   Man  over a year ago

poole

watch channel 4 if you want to know how to live for free xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I find it so hard to believe that anybody genuinely chooses the lifestyle. I am not naive to think that does not happen but surely the majority of people would rather work to get paid than depend on the state?

poole

youd think so wouldnt you hun but it appears there are a small minority that do want to live that way x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

After moving suddenly earlier this year due to a family crisis we found ourselves unemployed and had to sign on for the first time ever!!! Found it humiliating and depressing!! Thankfully we were able to find work quite quickly so didn't have to sign on for long!

How anyone can live on the amount of money they give you is unbelievable!

Wouldn't want to do it for a long period of time!!

poole

"After moving suddenly earlier this year due to a family crisis we found ourselves unemployed and had to sign on for the first time ever!!! Found it humiliating and depressing!! Thankfully we were able to find work quite quickly so didn't have to sign on for long!

Wouldn't want to do it for a long period of time!! "

+1

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"After moving suddenly earlier this year due to a family crisis we found ourselves unemployed and had to sign on for the first time ever!!! Found it humiliating and depressing!! Thankfully we were able to find work quite quickly so didn't have to sign on for long!

After being made redundant by the NHS last year I found myself in the unenviable position of having to go and sign on as unemployed for the first time in my 27yr working life. Because I have a teenager at home and am considered disabled due to MS, with the interest payments they make to my mortgage company and Council Tax, based on the fact that I was working 25hrs a week before redundancy, I am now only £20 worse off than I was when working.

I was on a relatively good salary too, so for me to try for one of the illusive jobs out there at the moment which are only paying minimum wage, I would actually be somewhere in the region of £80/week worse off than I am on benefits.

I have always worked, from the day I left school until this terrible turn of events last year and it is extremely depressing being stuck at home, I feel as though my brain is stagnating, but I can honestly see why some people actually CHOOSE to live on state benefits rather than going out to work and earning a living. I would absolutely LOVE to go back to work, but right now the financial implications just don't allow it.

i was out of work on christmas eve and had a job quickly after christmas and have changed it for a better one since.

i hated going to the job centre and having to write down what youve been doing.

i was out all the time looking,handing in c.v.'s and uploading it on a lot of job websites and because of this i still get calls asking if im available.

works out there if you want it.

they can live on it as they have less bills, no rent, no council tax, free dentist, eye care and prescription, free school meals, school uniform vouchers, milk if you have kids under 5, PDSA for any vet care, free travel passes for school kids etc etc etc

A guy that used to work at our place actually gave his job up because he worked out that by the tme he took off all the benifits his family would get if unemployed he was actually no worse off not working so saw it that we was working for free

my sister hasnt worked for over 20 years and gets around £1600 a month in benefits last time i checked.

so i think people would be happy to sit on their arses getting pissed day after day instead of going to work.

sad isnt it.

id be bored stupid if i didnt have anything to do day after day

I love it when i have a week off as i cas catch up on stuff that needs doing but how quick would them thinsg run out? then what do you do?

The system as it is today is only geared up for those who know how to work the system, have many kids or have just arrived in this country. If MP's think it is cheap to live in this country on long term sick with no benefits why do they require expenses and big pay rises? they get subsidised food and booze as well

By *ighclassfunMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

"I find it so hard to believe that anybody genuinely chooses the lifestyle. I am not naive to think that does not happen but surely the majority of people would rather work to get paid than depend on the state? "

Not the work ethic in this country we used to have - I do despair for the future - may be they spend too much time on Fab!

A lot of dole people/benefits are Alcoholic or drug dependants who need time in a boot camp instead of not only abusing the system but themselves as well and the Asylem seekers should put something into the community before being allowed to milk it

I a single mum on benefits but i see myself different to that title i am a full time carer to a disabled child who when not in hospital is often either home not at school due to not be fit to go or when is at school i jump six feet every time my phone rings in case it is school. I would love a paid job but i wouldn't employ myself as i would hardly be there so i on carers Allowance. About sixty pound a week is what full time carers are worth apparently. I do agree those who can work should look for work but also feel those who really really wish they could get better support and i don't mean just cash. rant over time for a lie down in a dark room

You are what is called a 24hour mum and not one who breed's for benefits. The new system is catching many deserving cases and not the system working malingerer's of all ages shapes and sizes which is all wrong

"You are what is called a 24hour mum and not one who breed's for benefits. The new system is catching many deserving cases and not the system working malingerer's of all ages shapes and sizes which is all wrong"

all mums and dads are 24hour parents in my eyes and just because some choose to work aswell doesnt mean they are not a full time parent.

I refer to the time and needs of a parent with disabled children, parents who plug their children in to games machines, TV's and computers cannot be considered as 24hour parents or those who reside in fast food shops.

I didn't mean to start anything i was just saying that labels can be wrong or mis leading

Do agree about labels, we are not all the same and life is not text book which is what the system is trying to do to us wether employment, medical or legal and we all have opinions which is what makes forums interesting

» Add a new message to this topic