FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > If you are fighting your demons right now...

If you are fighting your demons right now...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Be strong.

It is easy to say and bloody difficult to do, but know your true worth.

Don't let others dictate to you your worth or let the opinions of others cloud your judgement. We are all perfectly imperfect, human, with flaws that make us no better or no worse than anyone else.

If you feel things are too much, reach out and show your strength by asking for help. It isn't weakness.

Please don't let the demons win. Heaven (or hell in my case) isn't ready for you yet.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't let few bad things dictate your life attitude.. x

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering

I feel like I'm fighting mine with both hands tied behind my back

By *ensual -lover69Man  over a year ago

Blackburn

"Be strong.

It is easy to say and bloody difficult to do, but know your true worth.

Don't let others dictate to you your worth or let the opinions of others cloud your judgement. We are all perfectly imperfect, human, with flaws that make us no better or no worse than anyone else.

If you feel things are too much, reach out and show your strength by asking for help. It isn't weakness.

Please don't let the demons win. Heaven (or hell in my case) isn't ready for you yet.

"

I can totally relate to what you've said, it sounds like we've had the same problems and like me, you are through the other side, but, it is so easy to fall back into negative thinking, it just takes someone to say the wrong thing and we are back there,

Good luck mate and take care

Absolutely OP I’ve had an open door policy at my place for years... a few guys have stopped a day or so most just for a brew and a sticky.

It was normally just my ex mil mates to keep an eye open for how they are.

But it’s open to anyone that needs it

By *ensual -lover69Man  over a year ago

Blackburn

"I feel like I'm fighting mine with both hands tied behind my back "

We have to be mindful of our thoughts and know our triggers

Thanks OP and I hope you're OK at this time.

Recently I have gone through an awful ordeal and I immediately reached out to charities for support.

I also have given myself time, time to process this information without acting on my impulses.

Another aspect I had to personally work on was being kind to myself... this was the most difficult for me. I have now reached the stage of acceptance.

I now feel strong enough to deal with the original problem methodically without my emotions taking over.

NBVN x

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

I’ve had my demons since early childhood and added to them since growing up.

It’s how you deal with them. You’ll have your bad days, I had a real bad day yesterday but had someone there who helped me through it.

Today I’m back to the piss taking sausage so beware lol

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

It might sound trite ..but ..the old advert is the truest saying ..it's good to talk but so many don't as they think it's a kind of weakness??? but once you make the 1st step the 2nd is a bit easier and the 3rd is even easier and been a very rough year for most especially the single people and here's hoping we've all learnt some lessons going forward ?? and i've learnt to talk to mrs4 instead of the default setting but it's bloody hard i must admit but she got me through a truly awful time during this

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

" It might sound trite ..but ..the old advert is the truest saying ..it's good to talk but so many don't as they think it's a kind of weakness??? but once you make the 1st step the 2nd is a bit easier and the 3rd is even easier and been a very rough year for most especially the single people and here's hoping we've all learnt some lessons going forward ?? and i've learnt to talk to mrs4 instead of the default setting but it's bloody hard i must admit but she got me through a truly awful time during this "

It is but the person has to want to talk and the person has to have the right relationship. Sometimes it’s good to just be there for someone with no pressure for them to talk, let them know you are there, always, check in regularly even if you get little back.

Someone close to me is suffering and every couple of days I just check in to see if they want a coffee or go for a drive , go feed the ducks on the lake, sometimes they talk sometimes they don’t but they know I’m always gonna be there and never stop reaching out.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

A very worthy thread OP.

As I said yesterday, if anyone is struggling, I’m always happy to chat. My filters are always down and I’m always open for anyone, whatever the reason

Great thread OP..

I'm by no way in dire straits but have suffered with very mild depression and anxiety.. Not even knowing what's causing it..

I've good friends tho so that's half the battle..

A worthy thread op !

Fighting demons as we speak !

some one need a hug?

Total support and solidarity with this thread...keep fighting as that's just as important as overcoming

I'd like to add something if I may.

I have come to understand that my own struggle starts and ends within. I have found something that helps me - maybe it might help you.

I had reoccurring thougts such as "you're a bad dad", "you're a loser", "you give up too easy" etc etc all negative self defeating stuff.

When that thought comes around again, ask yourself two questions about that thought.

1. Is this thought useful to me?

2. How does this thought make me feel?

The immediate answer is the right one.

you should find that over time, with regular use of the two questions - the clouds start to part and those reoccurring thoughts diminish.

I don't know the science behind why it works - something to do with memory and how the brain prioritizes things.

It has worked for me, I am a 15 year sufferer of Depression, Anxiety and PTSD.

I'm always free for a chat should someone need to reach out.

Normally, I’m chirpy.

I like positivity. I normally exude it, I believe. When I take a knock, I am up again fairly soon after, dust myself off and jump back in to recharge myself.

Normally, I can.

Today, I can’t get up. I can’t speak, I can’t say hello, I can’t say thank you.

Today, I can’t.

Yesterday, I couldn’t.

The day before, I couldn’t.

The day before that, I couldn’t.

For nearly a week, I haven’t.

What this wrong with me? Is it exhaustion?

You won’t be able to answer but I’m wondering if others feel like that for no apparent reason. Just the inability to get up and get back out there, despite a few false starts.

» Add a new message to this topic