FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Women Only Police

Women Only Police

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

The London Chief of Police said she considered sending only WPCs to the Clapham Vigil Riots. Good idea or bad idea?

And is this the thin end of the wedge. Only LGBT police to Gay Pride or only Black officers to BLM marches?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The London Chief of Police said she considered sending only WPCs to the Clapham Vigil Riots. Good idea or bad idea?

And is this the thin end of the wedge. Only LGBT police to Gay Pride or only Black officers to BLM marches? "

It's a good idea I think.

And no to the other question.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

I don't consider there was a riot at the vigil.

Women have put up with male white police for decades.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I can understand why she considered this and also why she didn’t.

As for your other point, absolutely not, no one’s race or sexual orientation should affect how they carry out their role or indeed where.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"I can understand why she considered this and also why she didn’t.

As for your other point, absolutely not, no one’s race or sexual orientation should affect how they carry out their role or indeed where. "

But, it does. Many people are unable to identify with someone else's frame of reference particularly when it comes to race or gender.

I don't know why the met police doesn't sub contract the policing of demonstrations to Millwall supporters.

They have been doing nothing for over a year and must be really angry. I'm sure they would be only to happy to attend

By *onkyLemonsCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

You don’t need to be policed by the “same kind of people” as you. So only black or ethnic minority officers attending a BLM or similar event would be ridiculous.

If you do that, you’re only furthering the segregation of those people from everyone else aren’t you? “You lot get policed by your own lot” sounds like something that Tommy Robinson would suggest and that’s the majority of the problem in the first place.

What they currently do is probably the best approach in that they try to actively recruit people from those under-represented communities and demographics in to the organisation. Those people can then integrate and educate the others they work with about the sensitivities of their community / demographic and hopefully, as a whole, the organisation can learn to deal with those issues more sensitively and effectively.

The problem they have is that there are massive hurdles to overcome in some of their recruitment. For example, the children of a community or demographic that has historically been treated like shit by the police / authorities in general are hardly going to grow up wanting to join the police or those authorities.

I actually don’t think it’s a “police” or “authority” issue at all. It’s a society issue. If we spent more time and effort in trying to integrate with others and understand differing view points and cultures, educating our children and generally trying to better ourselves - we’d all be more tolerant and kinder for it.

Naturally the police and authorities, who come from the same society, would be a more tolerant and effective organisation as a whole!

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Women just aren’t as good as men sadly when it comes to the physical side of policing so I don’t think it’s a good idea to send just them.

Men and women police have different skill sets and you shouldn’t ignore either

Chelmsford

But could it work?

"The London Chief of Police said she considered sending only WPCs to the Clapham Vigil Riots. "

She might have been right to consider it, but the vigil only turned into a "riot" because of police action. I blame that on the heavy handed tactics of senior police, not on the PCs.

in countries i have been ive seen women officers handing out punishment to all on the streets.

rules on public order are different and when the police or army take to the streets they use whips, sticks and the open hand to deal with anyone.

india at the moment police are beating people in the streets who are breaking curfew.

its what you can get away with under the law. if people are gathering illegally or acting violently i.e. looting criminal damage i would have no problems using rubber bullets or horses to knock people over.

we are a weak country

Chelmsford

What would of happened at the foot of only women police there tho ?

"What would of happened at the foot of only women police there tho ?"

Who knows. I haven't got a crystal ball to check what would happen.

Chelmsford

If there were only 100% female police and commanders then would it of ended peacefully?

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

"Women just aren’t as good as men sadly when it comes to the physical side of policing so I don’t think it’s a good idea to send just them.

Men and women police have different skill sets and you shouldn’t ignore either "

As someone with experience I can assure you that female officers are just as good as male officers in the 'physical' side of policing. It is not about brute strength it's all about technique, I know with my training I can take down someone double my size and have

sex shouldnt even ba a concideration, hate the woke thinking we have now, let the best person for the job do it regardless

"If there were only 100% female police and commanders then would it of ended peacefully?"

I don't know.. do you?

Chelmsford

Any protesters on here at the riot?

Would women police have made it better?

That means more policemen free to play on fab

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

"I don't know why the met police doesn't sub contract the policing of demonstrations to Millwall supporters.

They have been doing nothing for over a year and must be really angry. I'm sure they would be only to happy to attend"

Proper Lmao

By *b793Man  over a year ago

Yeovil

i mean i dont like the idea on the grounds that they are trying to be TOO PC but if they can do the job the same as anyone else, why the fuck not. Makes people feel safer in those environments.

» Add a new message to this topic