FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > new idols

new idols

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

do you think youngsters will now see athletes as their new idols?

the fame achieved by these athletes is a long painful process,something to be proud about.

it has to be another nail in the coffin of the big brother types and the fucking horrid uglt fake people who are on the only way is essex.

i just hope my daughter grows up to idolise women like jesse ennis and the other women who pushed themselves past the limit.

i made her watch as much as she would but at 16 months old she wont remember,but its a start.roll on rio when she will remember.

i got a pic of her sat on a gold letterbox to show her

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Two weeks of sport on TV are unfortunately unlikely to change the social habits of a whole generation....they are already brainwashed into believing that Katie Price and co. are the new demigods who must be followed regardless.......

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

youngsters will hopefully see positive role models everywhere: mum and dad, relatives, nursery teachers & main school teachers and the list goes on.

supplemented with role models they see in the media.

some athletes, some celebrities

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Two weeks of sport on TV are unfortunately unlikely to change the social habits of a whole generation....they are already brainwashed into believing that Katie Price and co. are the new demigods who must be followed regardless......."

Storied of people like Ennis and mo are great stories of how normal and under privelaged people can succeed if they set themselves a target. The ammount of new cyclists on the roads is untrue. British cycling clubs gave seen huge increases in membership

lets hope this Olympic legacy us just that.... A legacy.

wouldnt of inspired a whole generation but will have inspired many which is better than nothing

was an amazing event and everything else took a backseat

I think Simon Cowell should do a "SportsFactor" show. Don't like the guy, but he is successful and if kids can be shown that sports can make them a star as much as any other talent, they may go for it.

» Add a new message to this topic