FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Closing ceremony music

Closing ceremony music

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Closing ceremony wasn't to bad but I thought Great Britain had an umlimited amount of music to choose from over the years.My question is why the hell did they play Our House and West End Girls over the stadium not to long after Madness and The Pet Shop Boys performed live? That's me being picky but it was very strange lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We wondered the same thing. Then we came to the conclusion that getting all the athletes into the union flag was taking much longer than anticipated and therefore they just filed the time with the same stuff. Might be right, might not.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yeah I know what you mean thought the same ,all that expense and they couldn't dig out another mixed cd? I have a few old tapes and cds laying about they could have used lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Guessing there were some tracks that were reliable back-up, based on live performance. Don't like West End girls much anyway, and would have preferred something else, maybe 'What Have I Done to Deserve This?' song with glorious Dusty Springfield, so an even wider tribute to Brits.

Perhaps the more fitting track would have been 'Opportunities - Let's make lots of Money', as the IOC/sponsors know only too well.

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

It was embarrassing watching fat boy slim miming to a mix tape,

Not as embarrassing as watching and listening to that dickhead Gallagher singing Wonderwall. He was shocking. Why on earth didn't they ask the talented brother instead of the badly shaved chimp one?

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

They would have never pleased everyone...no matter what they played. I for one took pride in the fact the whole world was watching, and proud we export such great talented artists...be them live on the night or not

"Closing ceremony wasn't to bad but I thought Great Britain had an umlimited amount of music to choose from over the years.My question is why the hell did they play Our House and West End Girls over the stadium not to long after Madness and The Pet Shop Boys performed live? That's me being picky but it was very strange lol"

We said the same thing they could off filled the slots with other stars !!

"They would have never pleased everyone...no matter what they played. I for one took pride in the fact the whole world was watching, and proud we export such great talented artists...be them live on the night or not "
Very true...the list of british music is huge.

I'm with you on that, i thought the whole thing was packaged perfectly, if not performed that way. I loved the multi culturalism on show, the messages sent out (Freedom spelt out 20ft high in lights etc) and the general friendly atmosphere. Top class and made me proud to be british for the very first time. (always proud to be from Yorkshire/England)

» Add a new message to this topic