FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ghosts woooooooooooooo

Ghosts woooooooooooooo

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Believer or not?

I live in a Victorian era house with a sordid historic past. I never believed in any of it untill i moved and renovated this home, ive had so so many issues here from doors slamming, items moving, items being broken,ive had workmen leave the site when i was having the work done and extension done and the most worrying a feeling of being held down or sat on in bed. Now ive had people round to bless the house, local ghost hunter (well known off tv) round to try and communicate ect, they found that it was one room in the house that activity is gravitated through, that rooms remaind locked, i have candles on and aside the occasional chill or footstep sound ive not really had anymore issues for the past 18 month.

However i the other day i was talking to someone on here about it and its been playing over in my head about the room. Today i opened it and cleaned the windows ran the hoover round.

well this evening ive had lights flickering and the bathroom door slam that hard i jumped out my skin.

Has anybody else experienced similar? Do you believe? Tell me tell me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Hmmm seems oddly convenient there’s only a few ghosts or whatever despite the fact that everyone dies. Shouldn’t there be billions of ghosts? Shouldn’t there be cavemen ghosts that don’t know how being a ghost works?

Don’t believe it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Raised in very old pubs.

Some were listed buildings.

One I lived in from 5-8 years old was a known haunted place and loads of scary shit happened there.

Then another listed building between 15-17yrs old.

Glasses would fly off tables, darts fling at people, piano played itself, something would stomp up the stairs at night.

Yes, fully fledged believer here. Had a few experiences over the years.

My Nans old house had a ghost. She used to stand at the bottom of our bed when we slept, appear in the mirror, fiddle with the taps, bang things around etc

Had a young Victorian girl appear in my bedroom randomly in my old flat, only saw her once though and the entire village was built on an old burial site so never thought much of it.

My mum has had a few strange goings on in her house too, a couple of different things after my grandad died and some stuff since my dad died. I think it's a lot easier when you know who the spirit is.

"Raised in very old pubs.

Some were listed buildings.

One I lived in from 5-8 years old was a known haunted place and loads of scary shit happened there.

Then another listed building between 15-17yrs old.

Glasses would fly off tables, darts fling at people, piano played itself, something would stomp up the stairs at night."

Its not nice is it, my house is known for activity and was abandoned since the late 80s someone had bought it in 2010 started to do work on it then it was left and not touched, i bought it from auction very cheap in 2013 and in the village i live it was rumoured and nicknamed 'the hanging house'

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

There's always a rational explanation.

To expect people to believe that when humans die their flesh, bones and blood are changed somehow into a translscent version of themselves or even worse an invisible force that can only slam doors and throw candle sticks for eternity is beyond reason.......

Why are all ghosts dressed in historical garb ? or white flowing dresses.....

No one ever shouts...... There's a ghost there ! There in Nike trainers, black tracky bottoms and red hoody ! It was carrying an iphone and drinking coffee in Macdonalds.

The notions of ghosts exist in your head from stories pics and films and you fill in the rest......

Why are there no ghosts in wheelchairs? Why aren't any of them ever naked ? Why the fuck do they always sit on the end of your bed ?

Ever caught glimpse of something in the corner of your eye.

Felt a breath on the back of your neck.

Cold shiver all through your body.

Knew someone was watching you.

So why the question.

My office is an old converted Victorian town house.

You hear a door open and close in the basement, and there's no one down stairs, no wind or any explanation as to why. They're heavy fire doors.

Every now and then, there's a loud but short rattling sound on the barred window in the basement. It's below ground, there's no wind there or through draught.

There was guide dog who came to the office once a month, whenever he was in the basement, he'd often stop dead, ears up, walks to the barred window and just stands there, looking up. No noise just stares.

A neighbouring office asked how we were settling in our new office, only moved in recently. Asked how we were finding the resident ghost. A 5 year old girl was killed in a fire in the basement about 70 years ago, the house remained empty until a developer refurbished as an office, and the presence has been seen and felt by everyone who has been there. No one has ever stayed more than a year.

I didn't believe until this happened.

"Yes, fully fledged believer here. Had a few experiences over the years.

My Nans old house had a ghost. She used to stand at the bottom of our bed when we slept, appear in the mirror, fiddle with the taps, bang things around etc

Had a young Victorian girl appear in my bedroom randomly in my old flat, only saw her once though and the entire village was built on an old burial site so never thought much of it.

My mum has had a few strange goings on in her house too, a couple of different things after my grandad died and some stuff since my dad died. I think it's a lot easier when you know who the spirit is. "

Indeed id be at piece if i knew, the room that i keep locked 'was'my nieces room its all bright and girly with pinks rainbows ect, she was so scared of the room saying she doesnt like the man in there (she was 4 at the time) ultimately she didnt want to come round because of the man in her room, now obviously this was not a nice thing for my sister to hear to say the least, anyhow shes in another room now when she stays and all that other nonsense is history.

Lived in a very old house. There was a benign presence that sat on the bed, I experienced it. It was a definite feeling of the bed going down, but it wasn’t scary.

There was another presence in the house which I found scary, and didn’t like to be in that part of the house when I was alone. We had ghost hunters round, they picked up the sitting presence as a governess, looking after the kids of the house, and one of them stood on the exact spot that I didn’t like it be on, and said, it’s right here, this scary presence.

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

Personally I don't believe in 'ghosts' as in them being spirits of the dead, I have other beliefs as to what they are, but I do still believe in the sightings and experiences. Mainly because I've had my own.

I wrote up about two of them on this thread :

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/1149669

I can't be bothered writing it again as it's way too long

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

Yes believe... our house had a friendly spirit

"My office is an old converted Victorian town house.

You hear a door open and close in the basement, and there's no one down stairs, no wind or any explanation as to why. They're heavy fire doors.

Every now and then, there's a loud but short rattling sound on the barred window in the basement. It's below ground, there's no wind there or through draught.

There was guide dog who came to the office once a month, whenever he was in the basement, he'd often stop dead, ears up, walks to the barred window and just stands there, looking up. No noise just stares.

A neighbouring office asked how we were settling in our new office, only moved in recently. Asked how we were finding the resident ghost. A 5 year old girl was killed in a fire in the basement about 70 years ago, the house remained empty until a developer refurbished as an office, and the presence has been seen and felt by everyone who has been there. No one has ever stayed more than a year.

"

That interested, my old dog would never ever go upstairs and when he came in the lounge hed sit stairing then would growl at the door. I just put it down to him being grumpy

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Believer or not?

I live in a Victorian era house with a sordid historic past. I never believed in any of it untill i moved and renovated this home, ive had so so many issues here from doors slamming, items moving, items being broken,ive had workmen leave the site when i was having the work done and extension done and the most worrying a feeling of being held down or sat on in bed. Now ive had people round to bless the house, local ghost hunter (well known off tv) round to try and communicate ect, they found that it was one room in the house that activity is gravitated through, that rooms remaind locked, i have candles on and aside the occasional chill or footstep sound ive not really had anymore issues for the past 18 month.

However i the other day i was talking to someone on here about it and its been playing over in my head about the room. Today i opened it and cleaned the windows ran the hoover round.

well this evening ive had lights flickering and the bathroom door slam that hard i jumped out my skin.

Has anybody else experienced similar? Do you believe? Tell me tell me "

As a child my neighbor next door but one were very close friends and they had a poltergeist I remember going around one day as the girl their used to babysit me and at times we'd go upstairs to her room to pick few boards games to play but the on this evening her bedroom door slammed shut and I could see a round glowing light spinning where the light bulb was as for her she was screaming trying to open the door her father on the other side trying too but by the reaction I heard I got the feeling that the doorknob was hot but me I was more amazed by this glowing light after few minutes I guess the door opens she runs out and her father asks me if I'm ok I'm trying to figure out why shouldn't i be as I didn't understand what just happened I was 6 or 7 but they were used to all the noise through the night feet up and down the stairs things rearranged I draws pictures on a tilt and weird noises eventually they got the house blessed and that was the end of it.... Still remember this like it was yesterday

"Believer or not?

As a child my neighbor next door but one were very close friends and they had a poltergeist I remember going around one day as the girl their used to babysit me and at times we'd go upstairs to her room to pick few boards games to play but the on this evening her bedroom door slammed shut and I could see a round glowing light spinning where the light bulb was as for her she was screaming trying to open the door her father on the other side trying too but by the reaction I heard I got the feeling that the doorknob was hot but me I was more amazed by this glowing light after few minutes I guess the door opens she runs out and her father asks me if I'm ok I'm trying to figure out why shouldn't i be as I didn't understand what just happened I was 6 or 7 but they were used to all the noise through the night feet up and down the stairs things rearranged I draws pictures on a tilt and weird noises eventually they got the house blessed and that was the end of it.... Still remember this like it was yesterday"

Jesus

"My office is an old converted Victorian town house.

That interested, my old dog would never ever go upstairs and when he came in the lounge hed sit stairing then would growl at the door. I just put it down to him being grumpy "

Animals can be so tuned in to these kinda things.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

"There's always a rational explanation.

To expect people to believe that when humans die their flesh, bones and blood are changed somehow into a translscent version of themselves or even worse an invisible force that can only slam doors and throw candle sticks for eternity is beyond reason.......

No one ever shouts...... There's a ghost there ! There in Nike trainers, black tracky bottoms and red hoody ! It was carrying an iphone and drinking coffee in Macdonalds.

The notions of ghosts exist in your head from stories pics and films and you fill in the rest......

Why are there no ghosts in wheelchairs? Why aren't any of them ever naked ? Why the fuck do they always sit on the end of your bed ?"

My mum has had a few strange goings on in her house too, a couple of different things after my grandad died and some stuff since my dad died. I think it's a lot easier when you know who the spirit is.

Indeed id be at piece if i knew, the room that i keep locked 'was'my nieces room its all bright and girly with pinks rainbows ect, she was so scared of the room saying she doesnt like the man in there (she was 4 at the time) ultimately she didnt want to come round because of the man in her room, now obviously this was not a nice thing for my sister to hear to say the least, anyhow shes in another room now when she stays and all that other nonsense is history. "

Children see a lot more than we do. My brother told my mum about the man in his bedroom when he was young, found out later that room was the previous residents sick room until he died.

Have you been able to trace the history of the house? Previous residents, what happened there?

By *anPsurreycoupleCouple  over a year ago

Surrey

Yes was working in a very old house when I was talking to the customer and see in the corner of my eye a black person shape was at the end of the hall, what turned and went it to a wall. The first time I have ever believed in it after that. I said to the customer about it and she said yes has been seen many times by visitors.

100%,true no BS never wanted to go back to do any more work at the house

By *hrobinsonMan  over a year ago

Bridgnorth

"Yes believe... our house had a friendly spirit "

Did you move house or did it leave your current house?

I grew up in a house built in 1840. Sometimes it felt like there was someone there in the room with me, but not in a bad way. My sister said the same thing recently, even though I don't remember ever talking about the feeling with her when we were kids.

I try not to think about it otherwise I would shit myself !

I don't necessarily believe in them but set the mood and I wouldn't be able to sleep !

I believe there are things. Ever heard of residual energy?

There could be explainations for some of the stuff.

Do you feel threatened?

Tried talking to whatever it is?

"Lived in a very old house. There was a benign presence that sat on the bed, I experienced it. It was a definite feeling of the bed going down, but it wasn’t scary.

There was another presence in the house which I found scary, and didn’t like to be in that part of the house when I was alone. We had ghost hunters round, they picked up the sitting presence as a governess, looking after the kids of the house, and one of them stood on the exact spot that I didn’t like it be on, and said, it’s right here, this scary presence. "

My ex when we split slept in my neices room she left at 4am screaming and slept in the car in the garage after she felt a heavy weight on her shoulders and neck now at that time the bed was headboard to the fireplace in the spot where my neice said she had seen the man standing, so maybe theres something in that

Indeed id be at piece if i knew, the room that i keep locked 'was'my nieces room its all bright and girly with pinks rainbows ect, she was so scared of the room saying she doesnt like the man in there (she was 4 at the time) ultimately she didnt want to come round because of the man in her room, now obviously this was not a nice thing for my sister to hear to say the least, anyhow shes in another room now when she stays and all that other nonsense is history.

Children see a lot more than we do. My brother told my mum about the man in his bedroom when he was young, found out later that room was the previous residents sick room until he died.

Have you been able to trace the history of the house? Previous residents, what happened there? "

Yes a couple many years ago lived there and he pushed her down the stairs i presume she died, and he hung himself, where in the house im not sure but thats why it was named 'the hanging house'

"Believer or not?

Has anybody else experienced similar? Do you believe? Tell me tell me "

Love that! I believe in spirit. And I believe they are around

My Dad died when I was 4 months pregnant with my youngest. When he was a year old I would wake up to the sound of him gurgling and being very vocal. Over the months it turned to laughter. It continued on for a couple of years

One day I was looking through some photos and he was sat next to me, he spotted it and started laughing, when I asked what was funny he replied that 'Grandad was funny' Grandad died 3 years earlier

My Mum died 4 years ago, I went to see her one day and she was quiet, I asked her what was wrong and she said straight faced that she didn't think she was going to be here in the next week, asked her why she thought that and she said my Dad had visited her the previous night and told her that not long to go, everythings ready and everyone's waiting

By Friday she was in hospital, by Sunday she was not conscious on a ventilator, I was sat with her that day. That day I walked through the door and felt something pop inside me and my strength go, I burst into tears and knew that she had just gone.

Next day they turned her ventilator off ( to see what would happpen) I knew she had already gone.

i dont really know.

may things are tricks like them tv shows i was told about that were fake.

the mind plays tricks on you as well.

i suppose its possible, how do you explain it to someone without looking a fool.

"I believe there are things. Ever heard of residual energy?

Do you feel threatened?

Tried talking to whatever it is?"

Ive told it to fuck off! i dont feel threatened but have been pushed, doors slammed infront of me. But anything smashed ect id come home too, when i was working nights and at home in the day i used to experience more.

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

Stayed overnight in a friends house. His house was always cold even with the heating on and it was a different kind of cold.

Had problems falling asleep and had to pull the duvet over my head to sleep and once I was asleep I felt something tug the duvet very forcefully from me and woke me up.

There was no one else in the room.

Mentioned it to my friend the next day and he said the previous owner of the house died before they purchased the house.

My friend also suffered from schizophrenia a few years later and was sectioned.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

There is something.

Our old house had visitations.

When I was older I worked with a bunch of nut jobs into spirituality and Druidism. They told of many encounters. One night I had a bad dream and woke to feel there was some powerful presence in my room. I called out for an answer. A large picture crashed to the floor.

It was there and wanted to be known. I have shunned any meddling with the unknown since.

Newcastle

Why are there no ghosts in wheelchairs? Why aren't any of them ever naked ? Why the fuck do they always sit on the end of your bed ?"

When I was a child a girl who I knew her parents were part of a group who held ceremonies for a seance for people trying to contact lost loved ones and in the group who attended their was one guy who didn't believe but still took part the ceremony continued and questions and answers were going back and forth until this guy comes out with I don't believe in this mumbo jumbo and other added words the spirit was present his body was risen up crashes against the wall and spun around and all his limbs stretched and fell to the ground he was dead and was difficult to explain how because no one would believe how he did

"Believer or not?

My Dad died when I was 4 months pregnant with my youngest. When he was a year old I would wake up to the sound of him gurgling and being very vocal. Over the months it turned to laughter. It continued on for a couple of years

One day I was looking through some photos and he was sat next to me, he spotted it and started laughing, when I asked what was funny he replied that 'Grandad was funny' Grandad died 3 years earlier

My Mum died 4 years ago, I went to see her one day and she was quiet, I asked her what was wrong and she said straight faced that she didn't think she was going to be here in the next week, asked her why she thought that and she said my Dad had visited her the previous night and told her that not long to go, everythings ready and everyone's waiting

By Friday she was in hospital, by Sunday she was not conscious on a ventilator, I was sat with her that day. That day I walked through the door and felt something pop inside me and my strength go, I burst into tears and knew that she had just gone.

Next day they turned her ventilator off ( to see what would happpen) I knew she had already gone.

"

I personally don’t believe in ghosts, I think it is merely a case of your mind not being able to understand what has happened, so jumps to the conclusion of it being the supernatural.

and for reference, I work with historic buildings, so have been in more than most.

That said, I was once dealing with a former Victorian lunatic asylum and the site manager told me a story where he was in the building on his own one night and all of a sudden had someone having a piggyback on him. He didn’t believe in ghosts either and couldn’t explain it.

So my position is I still do t believe in ghosts. But cannot explain the above story

"Believer or not?

"

She did say once she would send me the lottery numbers! I'm still fucking waiting

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I lived in an apartment which used to be a block from an old mental hospital. I never ever seen anything but my son who was 3/4 at the time used to ask why there was a woman, holding a baby at the top of the communal hall stairs on a lot of occasions...I never looked as I never wanted to see/not see.

The two couples who lived above me were old and didn’t have children

I never ever read any of the stories of what went on at the hospital but just saying where I lived, I could see the fear in peoples eyes.

Strange how you feel safe when you closed your door when they can just walk through them

K

We live in a relatively new town house (twenty something years old) first owner fell from the loft hatch and plummeted head first down three flights of stairs killing him instantly. We know he's still about from time to time. We just let him get on with it now, we are both respectful and nothing terrible seems to happen. Mischievous things like keys going missing but that seems to have stopped in recent years.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Absolutely I believe in them. I've seen one.

People who don't believe in ghosts is because they have their minds closed off to the fact that they can exist. If you open your mind enough to believe they exist then you may even see one.

Mrs

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Yes I do. When I lived at home and my uncle passed away (when I was 9) I could smell him. I also used to feel the end of my bed go down like someone was sitting on the end of the bed.

When I split up with my first long term boyfriend in 2001 I became surrounded by a (comforting) smell of old person lilac in my house (like the talc old ladies wear) It lasted for months until I started feeling less sad and the became sporadic when I was down.

Then when my grampy died I could smell the smell of the funeral parlour of where he was laid out, constantly. In the middle of the Street in a City, at home etc. It got to the point I just couldn’t handle the smell of it anymore. Then it just disappeared. I also had a dream where my grampy came and stood in my bedroom doorway when I was asleep and told me it was ok, I wasn’t to worry.

No visions as such, just the sense of not being alone.

"Yes I do. When I lived at home and my uncle passed away (when I was 9) I could smell him. I also used to feel the end of my bed go down like someone was sitting on the end of the bed.

When I split up with my first long term boyfriend in 2001 I became surrounded by a (comforting) smell of old person lilac in my house (like the talc old ladies wear) It lasted for months until I started feeling less sad and the became sporadic when I was down.

Then when my grampy died I could smell the smell of the funeral parlour of where he was laid out, constantly. In the middle of the Street in a City, at home etc. It got to the point I just couldn’t handle the smell of it anymore. Then it just disappeared. I also had a dream where my grampy came and stood in my bedroom doorway when I was asleep and told me it was ok, I wasn’t to worry.

No visions as such, just the sense of not being alone."

Thats interesting you mention smells i sometimes get a whiff of cigar nothing strong but you know when it just catches your nose.

Newcastle

"Believer or not?

As a child my neighbor next door but one were very close friends and they had a poltergeist I remember going around one day as the girl their used to babysit me and at times we'd go upstairs to her room to pick few boards games to play but the on this evening her bedroom door slammed shut and I could see a round glowing light spinning where the light bulb was as for her she was screaming trying to open the door her father on the other side trying too but by the reaction I heard I got the feeling that the doorknob was hot but me I was more amazed by this glowing light after few minutes I guess the door opens she runs out and her father asks me if I'm ok I'm trying to figure out why shouldn't i be as I didn't understand what just happened I was 6 or 7 but they were used to all the noise through the night feet up and down the stairs things rearranged I draws pictures on a tilt and weird noises eventually they got the house blessed and that was the end of it.... Still remember this like it was yesterday

Jesus "

After few years they moved out still local but when the girl grew up a fair bit met her dream guy house was on the market so moved back in still living there to this day and no repeat event poltergeist aren't ghosts theirs a difference as they say are a lost spirit for some reason a unsettled spirit so rather than question it as Can be difficult because they are a nuisance it gets banished through blessings mind you it wasn't their when they first moved in this happened years few later I wasn't born in that street either but now with the technology we have hopefully I'll be able to dig a little bit deeper via net before I was born as it still puzzles me

"Yes I do. When I lived at home and my uncle passed away (when I was 9) I could smell him. I also used to feel the end of my bed go down like someone was sitting on the end of the bed.

No visions as such, just the sense of not being alone."

Could you be clairsentient? It is a psychic ability connected to feelings and smells, you're able to read feelings and thoughts and pick up on energy rather than 'see' spirit (Clairvoyance) it's interesting to read about the different types of psychic ability

I am clairsentient. I 'feel' rather than 'see' and I dream about people not present, quite powerful premonitions sometimes.

I also have psychometric ability, used to practice it all the time when I was a child, hold objects and read it's history, I thought it was something everyone could do and didn't realise it had a name until I started going to Spiritual church

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Why are there no ghosts in wheelchairs? Why aren't any of them ever naked ? Why the fuck do they always sit on the end of your bed ?

When I was a child a girl who I knew her parents were part of a group who held ceremonies for a seance for people trying to contact lost loved ones and in the group who attended their was one guy who didn't believe but still took part the ceremony continued and questions and answers were going back and forth until this guy comes out with I don't believe in this mumbo jumbo and other added words the spirit was present his body was risen up crashes against the wall and spun around and all his limbs stretched and fell to the ground he was dead and was difficult to explain how because no one would believe how he did"

I don't believe in all the mumbo jumbo and I still won't believe it tomorrow when my limbs are exactly the same length as they are now.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I often get scents, really strong floral scent in holiday once, no flowers or plug ins.

Cigar/pipe smoke.

Stale alcohol.

Certain aftershave.

I usually know who they belong to!

By *inx_xxWoman  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I love a good ghostly tale

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

Perhaps after June 21st and most lockdown restrictions end, a small group of people on here who have some sensitivities, would come to yours for a social and see if they feel anything. They would come for your culinary skills if nothing else

By *evil-AngelWoman  over a year ago

"I try not to think about it otherwise I would shit myself !

I don't necessarily believe in them but set the mood and I wouldn't be able to sleep ! "

This is me exactly

By *igmaMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I once got T-bagged by a ghost

It gave me the goolies

By *uicy jonesMan  over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

Many years ago when I was a junior school me and a few of my mates used to go to an abandoned school part of a school at the back after school, called the School of photography it was a school obviously where people used to go and learn photographs and everything, one afternoon went through the window into it, we were in middle one laboratory, and we started messing about and in front of us we started watching test tubes floating across the room, we all looked at each other horrified , we couldn't get out of there quick enough and we never went back again !!!

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

I feel like I shouldn’t be reading this in my lounge with the lights off...I’m only going to spook myself and not sleep later!

But yes, when I was 15 I was left to look after my 2 year old brother while my family went for a drink. We were staying/renovating my great grandads house that was 150/200 years old. It had a history of bad times and a lot of stories about it but I never got over that night and couldn’t stay in it on my own after I heard footsteps all the way across the floor above me from an inaccessible part of the house to another.

You could justify it with all sorts of explanations if you wanted but I know there was only me & a two year old in the house asleep in the next room and these were distinct heavy foot steps across the first floor and the only entrance to the house was old and creaking and I would’ve heard someone if they had come home.

A few years later my mum finally confessed that the house was indeed

haunted and the room where I’d heard activity was where someone had hung them selves decades before.

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

"I often get scents, really strong floral scent in holiday once, no flowers or plug ins.

Cigar/pipe smoke.

Stale alcohol.

Certain aftershave.

I usually know who they belong to!"

Ooh I get this too. Sometimes it’s comforting when it was someone close and I’m feeling lonely.

Nah, not for me. The problem being is that ghosts mean some sort of afterlife. As animals inhabiting this rock we have our life then we die. Yes it's morbid to think about and perhaps it makes us less afraid of death to think about living on. In the years of photography and videography I would imagine if it were real something definitive would be captured by now. Not a lens flare, or a shadow something concrete and irrefutable.

"I believe there are things. Ever heard of residual energy?

Do you feel threatened?

Tried talking to whatever it is?

Ive told it to fuck off! i dont feel threatened but have been pushed, doors slammed infront of me. But anything smashed ect id come home too, when i was working nights and at home in the day i used to experience more."

'I told it to fuck off' - HAHAHAHA!

GO to the Library!!!! Or use Google (libraries always seem more fun in the movies)

I'd be all over that shit!! Find out what happened. Sometimes (apparently) the spirits just need to be shown the way. I guess if they don't know they're dead they will be well pissed at someone else being there. I saw a documentary about just that the other day. Some family in America being chased out of their house by a guy with crazy hair and great dress sense.

Or your house could just be a big knobhead.

Is there anybody who believes in ghosts, but not in gods? If so, what is the difference?

I've had experiences since the age of 6, my older brother more so, too many to mention.

And no, it's not always about historical garb or white flowing dresses.

My nephew was traumatised by activity in the house he lived in, a house where someone perished in a fire, and what he experienced wasn't wearing historical garb.

I live in a 170 year old house and when my daughter was very young she experienced weird stuff that caused real issues.

It's easy to be dismissive, even if you have had just one experience. Recurring experiences make you start to ask questions about what we think we know and understand.

"Is there anybody who believes in ghosts, but not in gods? If so, what is the difference?

"

You're opening a philosophical can of slimey stuff there

"I've had experiences since the age of 6, my older brother more so, too many to mention.

My nephew was traumatised by activity in the house he lived in, a house where someone perished in a fire, and what he experienced wasn't wearing historical garb.

I live in a 170 year old house and when my daughter was very young she experienced weird stuff that caused real issues.

It's easy to be dismissive, even if you have had just one experience. Recurring experiences make you start to ask questions about what we think we know and understand.

"

When does something become historical? Shell suits could be. I'm not challenging your post by the way, genuinly asking/ I've always wondered why you don't get suits of armour at a Vintage fair

"I've had experiences since the age of 6, my older brother more so, too many to mention.

When does something become historical? Shell suits could be. I'm not challenging your post by the way, genuinly asking/ I've always wondered why you don't get suits of armour at a Vintage fair "

I was quoting an earlier comment about why are ghosts 'always' in historical garb and flowing dresses.

Yet it has been said in this thread that fathers, who died a few years previously, have manifested themselves.

Yes it's historical (any death is) but they aren't 'always' in doublet and hose nor Victorian attire.

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I've experienced many supernatural occurances over my lifetime. Some have been funny, some scary, all unexplainable.

Recently I've had things fly off the mantle piece; a plug socket fly out of the wall, turning off the lamp in the process; clothes on hangers, unhook themselves from a rail and land 6' away...

It can't always be down to some tragic death in the building, or that would mean I've lived in a lot of unfortunate houses.

Unrelated and equally unexplainable - whilst on holiday as a child, I recall telling my parents during a tour of a stately home, of a secret hidden door in a room I'd never been in. I showed them the door and described where it went. Later, the tour guide declared there was a door and as I'd described, what was behind it.

I've also had things happen like a light appearing on my foot whilst driving at night. Fascinated where the light source was coming from, I took my foot off the accelerator and slowed down. That actually saved me from being in a pile up ahead.

I've also woken to a sense of someone in my room, and felt them sit on my bed, then later, seen the indentation in the duvet

I've no idea about any of it, but if some old relative is following me around, I don't want to think about them watching me when it's kinky time

C

When does something become historical? Shell suits could be. I'm not challenging your post by the way, genuinly asking/ I've always wondered why you don't get suits of armour at a Vintage fair

I was quoting an earlier comment about why are ghosts 'always' in historical garb and flowing dresses.

Yet it has been said in this thread that fathers, who died a few years previously, have manifested themselves.

Yes it's historical (any death is) but they aren't 'always' in doublet and hose nor Victorian attire.

"

I get it totally. Aside from Roman ghost stories it's mainly Victorian or Shakespearian (is that who you spell that? Looks wrong)

You never get a disco ghost do you?

A disghost

I get it totally. Aside from Roman ghost stories it's mainly Victorian or Shakespearian (is that who you spell that? Looks wrong)

You never get a disco ghost do you?

A disghost "

If you said that you saw a ghost with huge flares, an open neck shirt down to the navel and a gold medallion....no one would believe you!!! lol

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

My mums house was haunted.

There were two dogs that kept visiting us, long after they were put to sleep.

My older sister who died as a baby, sometimes was seen in one of the bedrooms and on the stairs.

There was a guy in a 1920's black suit, he often walked across the back garden.

I also know off an old Britannia airlines 757, that had a passenger that never left the plane.

[Removed by poster at 09/05/21 00:24:05]

Kinda

My Grandad died when i was 12. First night i stayed in the house he died in. I woke up in the middle of the night to see him standing at the chest of draws at the end of the room towards the foot of the bed. He kept stuff in and ontop of those draws. Pictures, paintings me and my younger brother had done, that sort of thing. He turned around, waved, then disappeared. I just got up for a wee and went back to bed. I wasnt scared or anything.

Till this day im not sure if it was a dream or it actually happened. But i still remember it quite vividly, so i dont think it was a dream. I would quite like to think he was just saying goodbye. As he died very suddenly of a heart attack in his sleep on the sofa one afternoon.

I remember my Dad talking about when he worked in Wembley before it was all leveled for the Stadium.

He worked as a Night Overseer at a Printing Firm. They used to see a guy walking about in leathers and a motorbike helmet sometimes and others that worked there saw him/it also. This was inside the Printing rooms. No one working there rode a bike.

Newcastle

When I was a child a girl who I knew her parents were part of a group who held ceremonies for a seance for people trying to contact lost loved ones and in the group who attended their was one guy who didn't believe but still took part the ceremony continued and questions and answers were going back and forth until this guy comes out with I don't believe in this mumbo jumbo and other added words the spirit was present his body was risen up crashes against the wall and spun around and all his limbs stretched and fell to the ground he was dead and was difficult to explain how because no one would believe how he did

I don't believe in all the mumbo jumbo and I still won't believe it tomorrow when my limbs are exactly the same length as they are now. "

Entirely your choice but it shows how much you understand about a spirit and it's capability

My brother used to hang out with people who were into the ouja board contacting spirits. Apparently during the seance, one of the spirits mentioned everyone’s initials who was at the seance and it mentioned my name. I wasn’t at the seance, had nothing to do with it. Perculiar.

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

I don't think I'd handle being in this situation

This has freaked me out a little, so I guess that means I believe you.

I hope you get some peace on your home.

An experience I had years ago was either my mind playing tricks on me or a spiritual encounter. I was recovering from cancer, still weak, had lost a lot of weight and was feeling low. I walked towards the landing window on the way to go down stairs and suddenly I saw the face of my grandad who had passed years before what suddenly became bigger and bigger and I found myself on my bed. I came to but felt positive and full of joy, knowing everything ‘s going to be ok. Still to this day can’t explain what happened. My belief I hope was. Saw my grandad one last time and he was letting me know everything was going to be ok.

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

Always the voice of reason Granny, but still.......

Newcastle

I was told by the lady who read my palm that I have spirits lurking around me and it's weird because not because she said that but barbers shut through lockdown I cut my hair down to a number one using my cam on phone taking pictures so I didn't look a pure cunt and noticed later that evening chilling flicking through the pictures I have a weird looking image on my head and not from the clippers it's a full body of a weird looking person not even human

after watching Most Haunted a couple of times, i’m a none believer.

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I didn’t dare read this thread last night when I first saw it, I’m such a wimp!

My student house was an old Victorian house that backed onto a castle. We had grill pans flying across the kitchen, cold spots, shadows walking across the living room wall with no explanation, one housemate pulled out of bed, the basement stairs had a very strange feeling about them, doors would slam.

At the time I wasn’t scared, now I think back and wonder why I didn’t run away!

No visions as such, just the sense of not being alone.

Thats interesting you mention smells i sometimes get a whiff of cigar nothing strong but you know when it just catches your nose. "

Don’t they say the smell of almonds ?

When I was born my parents had a little bungalow . Once they had me things started to happen . My mum talks about things being broken , moved , and the final straw was all my cot bedding on the floor scattered about . We moved straight away .

I was only a little dot so wouldn’t remember any of it unfortunately.

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I’ve got some more stories;

A couple of nights after my nan-nan died when I was 12, I felt a warm feeling, like someone hugging me.

I was driving a family member’s car, he was unc*nscious in hospital, we was told he was going to go that day. I drove through the village he lived in and heard a scratching noise on the door. I looked at the clock. Got home and told they just had a phone call and he died at the same time it said on the clock. I believe he was saying goodbye to his car

Out for a meal, my glass moves across the table. Spoke to a waitress and asked if there’s anything spooky happened there. She showed me a cctv photo of exactly where I was sat a few nights before with a strange figure there. Was then told lots of stories about the restaurant and videos online of glasses flying off the bar.

Felt someone sit on a bed and a strange feeling in the bedroom for a while when fairly early in a pregnancy, I believe it was the dad’s dad coming to say hello.

I love ghost stories! I've had a few small experiences but nothing that interesting. I know it's illogical to believe in them, but I still do.

By *nicorngirl2020Woman  over a year ago

Cranwell

Hey, most definitely...

I’m part of a ghost team and I’ve been investigating for over 14 years. Having previously lived in a haunted house.

I always want to know more. Energy built up over long periods either it be the personality of the once living or remaining residual energy of feeling, still very much exists.

You may wish to get the house cleared and in turn, the spirit/energy may lift. It may be trapped with no way out.

There are many reasons some will experience and some will not. But I’ve seen things over my time investigating, that I’ll never be able to clearly say what happened or what they were. (I’m a very normal person BTW) ha ha...

I find it fascinating..

Im confused by ghosts....ive had what I would say was a ghost encounter but I feel silly because the sensible me doesn't believe...

The last ghostly story happened at my last house when I was really young. My dad had a brainwave to make another room next door to the cellar. He had taken down part of a wall in the cellar and there was a whole in a wall with a board now over it. He took me and my brothers in for a look and he had found a secret room. As soon as we ventured in, this green mist came from the middle of the floor and seemed to start slowly spreading across the room. We all promptly left. My dad not being superstitious or believing in the supernatural eventually decided to seal the wall back up. Before this happened me and my brother came down stairs to talk to our mother and I realised I had 3 scratches on my belly as if someone had attacked me in my sleep. My brother had something in the region of 50-60 scratches on his belly. Later in the day, these scratches that were deep had completely disappeared. Quite a while afterwards I remember seeing a documentary about ghosts where a guy had been attacked in the same manner that me and my brother had.

Think my mums house has a ghost

I was out the back smoking one time when she was away to the shop

and all the cutlery sounded like it was being rattled

Think my house might have one too

My toilet light kept being turned on at one time and i came in steaming another time

just jumped on my bed with the covers all over the place and when I woke up I was tucked into my bed

» Add a new message to this topic