Lewis

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *laymatetee OP   Man  over a year ago

bristol

100 pole positions. First driver in F1 history. What an achievement LH44

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

the car is the star.

sure he can drive but without that car he isnt winning all the time for so long.

he may break records but he will never be regarded like hill, stewart, clark, moss, surtess, etc.

they drove in machines on the edge and fast. not by design or computers control.

bristol

"the car is the star.

sure he can drive but without that car he isnt winning all the time for so long.

he may break records but he will never be regarded like hill, stewart, clark, moss, surtess, etc.

they drove in machines on the edge and fast. not by design or computers control.

"

That was their era and those were the cars they had. Nobody regards his as these older drivers coz he's the broken every record there is. Those guys drove the fastest cars in that era so don't hate just appreciate or .Bottas has the same car so you know and I don't see him coming amy close to Lewis

bristol

"the car is the star.

"

And just for the record the current cars are faster which makes the sport more dangerous and more on the edge

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

Was goingvtp say it was one of my fav dramas.

Never mind

By *urham 3 riversMan  over a year ago

Co. Durham

"the car is the star.

"

fully agree and these stars also drove in other classes and won Hamilton does not

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

"the car is the star.

"

Computer control would be against the rules ... all cars through GP history were designed ..

bristol

"the car is the star.

fully agree and these stars also drove in other classes and won Hamilton does not "

He doesn't need to drive in other classes to prove how good he is. And like I said ,if it's the car how come Both as hasn't won a championship in the 5 years he's been with Mercedes, they both drive the same car

"the car is the star.

That was their era and those were the cars they had. Nobody regards his as these older drivers coz he's the broken every record there is. Those guys drove the fastest cars in that era so don't hate just appreciate or .Bottas has the same car so you know and I don't see him coming amy close to Lewis "

I very much doubt they actually have the same car.

Unless i am wrong because i havnt followed F1 or the Regs since like 2008 because its just a shit now tbh

GT racing is where its at for tbh, lots morre action decent BOP which actual allows manufactures to field distinct cars from each other while still being competitive. Nowhere else are you going to a massive boat Bentley GT3R fighting on track with with Ferrai 488 or a Porshe 911. Without the need for stupid DRS mario cart zones for it to be entertaining

What i can appreciate though is these cars require different skill sets to the older cars due to just the sheer amount of buttons and electronics they have to deal with and remember

But still Lewis comes across a prick and extremely unlikable, bit like he was at school apparently

Lewis wins races or finishes top 3 after a bad start sometimes that he really shouldn't have. He has the car but he squeezes every bit of performance out of the car and himself to win.

"the car is the star.

fully agree and these stars also drove in other classes and won Hamilton does not

He doesn't need to drive in other classes to prove how good he is. And like I said ,if it's the car how come Both as hasn't won a championship in the 5 years he's been with Mercedes, they both drive the same car"

Well maybe he should

Alonso for example i think is probably an overall better driver. Seeing as he allso competes in Indy and WEC and won. Thats a massive differrence to competing in just F1, completly different car dynamics and handling. Plus doing what needs to be done to win. LM24hrs for example needs a completly different mindset to short F1 races

Yaaaaaawn

J

bristol

"the car is the star.

That was their era and those were the cars they had. Nobody regards his as these older drivers coz he's the broken every record there is. Those guys drove the fastest cars in that era so don't hate just appreciate or .Bottas has the same car so you know and I don't see him coming amy close to Lewis

I very much doubt they actually have the same car.

Unless i am wrong because i havnt followed F1 or the Regs since like 2008 because its just a shit now tbh

GT racing is where its at for tbh, lots morre action decent BOP which actual allows manufactures to field distinct cars from each other while still being competitive. Nowhere else are you going to a massive boat Bentley GT3R fighting on track with with Ferrai 488 or a Porshe 911. Without the need for stupid DRS mario cart zones for it to be entertaining

What i can appreciate though is these cars require different skill sets to the older cars due to just the sheer amount of buttons and electronics they have to deal with and remember

But still Lewis comes across a prick and extremely unlikable, bit like he was at school apparently

"

They have the same car, the only difference are things that are built specifically for the driver e.g. the seat. Like you said 'he comes across not he is.

bristol

"the car is the star.

He doesn't need to drive in other classes to prove how good he is. And like I said ,if it's the car how come Both as hasn't won a championship in the 5 years he's been with Mercedes, they both drive the same car

Well maybe he should

Alonso for example i think is probably an overall better driver. Seeing as he allso competes in Indy and WEC and won. Thats a massive differrence to competing in just F1, completly different car dynamics and handling. Plus doing what needs to be done to win. LM24hrs for example needs a completly different mindset to short F1 races"

Lewis is an F1 driver and that's what he does for a living. He doesn't need to prove that he an amazing driver by driving in a different class or event.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Sir Lewis Hamilton

100 pole positions..

Legend

bristol

"Sir Lewis Hamilton

100 pole positions..

Legend

"

You can say that again

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Fastest car wins. Boring sport.

"Fastest car wins. Boring sport. "

That’s what I always thought. And generally whoever starts in first ends in first or close. Moto gp is vastly different. But I only watch it if it’s on. Saw my first Grand Prix last weekend for years. Nothings changed. Apart from only knowing the names of like 4 drivers.

J

bristol

"Fastest car wins. Boring sport. "

Same as in any racing sport. You have to be fast and skilful to win. All F1 drivers are very skilled at what they do

He sed it him selfs he’s nothing compared to the old timers

He done a special with top gear ware he took out senna mclaren and even he sed he couldn’t handle it and sed he dosent know how those guys did it and that puts them above everyone

The twin turbo manual era will always be the scaryist

bristol

"He sed it him selfs he’s nothing compared to the old timers

He done a special with top gear ware he took out senna mclaren and even he sed he couldn’t handle it and sed he dosent know how those guys did it and that puts them above everyone

The twin turbo manual era will always be the scaryist "

That's what almost all humble sportsman say when asked about those before them coz they know it was a different era. Lewis has always praised the older generation of drivers and I can bet you that if you were to give those old timers the current cars they wouldn't have a clue what to do with them. His achievements are not solely based on the car . He's had 2 team mates driving the exact same car and Nico only managed 1 Championship in a year were Lewis' car was having all sorts of problems. These 100 poles are his hard work just like Fangio was the first to lead 100 laps,Ascari first to reach 100 points,Hill and Brabham first to reach 100 gps,Prost first to 100 podiums. This is Lewis' time and he's doing an amazing job

By *AYENCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"100 pole positions. First driver in F1 history. What an achievement LH44 "

Yes, what an absolute legend. Most will never understand what it takes to drag an extra hundredth of a second out of a 5km circuit. It's so easy to say he drives the fastest car, but they really haven't a clue about the mental and physical aspect of the sport.

He's always quick to thank his team, and you can see he's well liked and respected by them.

There are a lot of things that people forget when it comes to F1. Rules and regulations are constantly changing within the sport. The only way you could even begin to compare drivers from different era's is to put them in the same car when they were at their prime. Modern ere drivers would never be allowed to race in another series by the teams or the sponsors. The only recent exception to that was Alonso, even then it was only because McLaren wanted to keep Alonso within the team.

I remember a few years ago John Surtees during an interview being asked about if he thought Lewis would go on to become the greatest F1 driver ever, he replied "no, but he 100% will become the greatest F1 driver of his era"

At the end of the day, all any F1 driver can aim to be is the best of his era.............and Lewis Hamilton has absolutely nailed that one to the wall.

"Was goingvtp say it was one of my fav dramas.

Never mind"

Much better than F1 anyday

bristol

"There are a lot of things that people forget when it comes to F1. Rules and regulations are constantly changing within the sport. The only way you could even begin to compare drivers from different era's is to put them in the same car when they were at their prime. Modern ere drivers would never be allowed to race in another series by the teams or the sponsors. The only recent exception to that was Alonso, even then it was only because McLaren wanted to keep Alonso within the team.

I remember a few years ago John Surtees during an interview being asked about if he thought Lewis would go on to become the greatest F1 driver ever, he replied "no, but he 100% will become the greatest F1 driver of his era"

At the end of the day, all any F1 driver can aim to be is the best of his era.............and Lewis Hamilton has absolutely nailed that one to the wall."

Well said Sir

bristol

"100 pole positions. First driver in F1 history. What an achievement LH44

Yes, what an absolute legend. Most will never understand what it takes to drag an extra hundredth of a second out of a 5km circuit. It's so easy to say he drives the fastest car, but they really haven't a clue about the mental and physical aspect of the sport.

He's always quick to thank his team, and you can see he's well liked and respected by them."

So true. He has a lot of respect for his team and they respect him too. Even Nico said it last week

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"100 pole positions. First driver in F1 history. What an achievement LH44 "
. 100 pole positions and first on the all time pole positions.7 F1 world drivers championships and joint first on the all time F1 world drivers championships with every chance of winning a 8th this season.These two achievements to my limited knowledge on F1 means Lewis has to be considered as one of the top 3 drivers ever.Yes F1 has changed over the years but getting on pole and winning F1 drivers championships hasn’t changed it’s all about finishing first with what ever the rules are at the time.Congratulations Lewis on what has been a great career with more to come.

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

I've followed Lewis for many years before he entered F1 and his record was no different then to what it is now. I've seen him drive from the rear of the field after getting spun out to win the race when all his competitors were in identical cars (F3 and F2) and unlike most of 'The Greats' has done it without any cheating or underhand tactics.

Someone loves Lewis a bit much lol

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't know the guy personally and I doubt anybody here does but from what I've seen he's an ok bloke at the top of his game. That has to be respected and applauded in my opinion.

He supports a lot of charity work on the quiet and obviously works hard in conjunction with his team to maintain his position. I hope he continues for as long as he's able to keep winning.

» Add a new message to this topic