FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Humble Hedghog

The Humble Hedghog

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Apparently disappearing over here but thriving where man introduced it in New Zealand where it literally has no predators and gobbles everything in its path..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have one living in my shed.

"I have one living in my shed. "

How is it still alive

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Why is it humble ?

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Be careful mate cuz I had one, one day I go to get my bike out the fucker had changed the locks.

Call the police and council, turns out the little fucker had a phone contract addressed to the place and a gas bill dating back 10 years. He legally owns it now. Squatters rights.

What a prick

Few years back I had some coming to the garden almost every night, sneaking in under the fence. Adorable. I think it stopped since we got a cat. Is it a coincidence?

You should visit Hedgehog Museum Tom.

It would be sad if they’re dying out here

"Few years back I had some coming to the garden almost every night, sneaking in under the fence. Adorable. I think it stopped since we got a cat. Is it a coincidence?

You should visit Hedgehog Museum Tom. "

It's actually attached to a lovely Hedgehog sanctuary. someone does care

"Few years back I had some coming to the garden almost every night, sneaking in under the fence. Adorable. I think it stopped since we got a cat. Is it a coincidence?

Me! Is there one lol

Me! Is there one lol "

Only one in the UK ! Not hard to get it wrong.

It's still there??

Me! Is there one lol

Only one in the UK ! Not hard to get it wrong. "

There’s lots of Tom’s

Me! Is there one lol

There’s lots of Tom’s "

Omg..

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Did you include it on your census form, otherwise you could end up in a prickly situation with the law!

"I have one living in my shed.

It's still there??"

Yeah, he comes and goes and then comes back again.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

[Removed by poster at 08/05/21 08:38:19]

Me! Is there one lol

There’s lots of Tom’s

Omg.. "

I thought this was the original thread I posted on... I've a rescue hedgehog living in my garden as he can’t be released. He only has three legs and can’t really forage for food that well.

So he lives here and occasionally ventures into next doors mature garden. But always comes back.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I have put hog boxes all along the hedgerows that border my land. So far I haven’t attracted any. Well I don’t think I have as I don’t get too close.

Think a nearby badger set has put them off as the Badgers ramble all over my lawn.

Making small holes in your fence and encouraging neighbours to do same is a great way to encourage hedgehogs by creating a 'food corridor'.

Cats and hedgehogs usually keep their distance so most likely a coincidence, but still a sad loss

"I have put hog boxes all along the hedgerows that border my land. So far I haven’t attracted any. Well I don’t think I have as I don’t get too close.

Think a nearby badger set has put them off as the Badgers ramble all over my lawn. "

Hedgehogs are a favourite snack for badgers

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"I have put hog boxes all along the hedgerows that border my land. So far I haven’t attracted any. Well I don’t think I have as I don’t get too close.

Think a nearby badger set has put them off as the Badgers ramble all over my lawn.

Hedgehogs are a favourite snack for badgers "

I found that out one night when a badger was eating one under my window.

Hedgehogs are a favourite snack for badgers

I found that out one night when a badger was eating one under my window. "

Awwww... Badgers gotta eat too tho hey!

By *inky_CarpenterMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I rescued one from a dog attack years ago, and after it recovered, it couldn't be released into the wild because it was blind and def.

Adopted it for two years as a pet. It was such a fun character to have around. And full of personality! Sadly it was eventually by a Mink whilst hibernating! As the mink proliferate in our area, we see fewer and fewer ground nesting birds and Hedgehogs.

Chelmsford

Should the badgers be culled ?

"Should the badgers be culled ?"

What is your reasoning for asking? To protect hedgehog population??

No there should just be investment in protecting our own wildlife. A reintroduction program and repopulating the declining numbers, unfortunately mist are killed by traffic, but there’s untold numbers down to Slug pellets, and strimming habitat.

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

"Should the badgers be culled ?

What is your reasoning for asking? To protect hedgehog population?? "

Part of the natural ego system here so nature should have a way of read dressing that situation without man getting Involved.

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

"I rescued one from a dog attack years ago, and after it recovered, it couldn't be released into the wild because it was blind and def.

Adopted it for two years as a pet. It was such a fun character to have around. And full of personality! Sadly it was eventually by a Mink whilst hibernating! As the mink proliferate in our area, we see fewer and fewer ground nesting birds and Hedgehogs. "

Yes Mink are a voracious predator and are not part of our natural ego system here so should either be heavily culled or some say eradicated totally here not so visible to see as the grey squirrel but their numbers must be high we would be a lot better off without them that's for sure.

Chelmsford

"I rescued one from a dog attack years ago, and after it recovered, it couldn't be released into the wild because it was blind and def.

Adopted it for two years as a pet. It was such a fun character to have around. And full of personality! Sadly it was eventually by a Mink whilst hibernating! As the mink proliferate in our area, we see fewer and fewer ground nesting birds and Hedgehogs. Yes Mink are a voracious predator and are not part of our natural ego system here so should either be heavily culled or some say eradicated totally here not so visible to see as the grey squirrel but their numbers must be high we would be a lot better off without them that's for sure. "

Should we hunt these evil mink buggers ?

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

Dinsdale!!!

By *reat me rightWoman  over a year ago

Rotherham

We regularly have them in mum garden and have been to a fundraiser plant sale bric a brac craft etc thing this morning. Its hedgehog week this week too.

By *reat me rightWoman  over a year ago

Rotherham

We regularly have them in mum garden and have been to a fundraiser plant sale bric a brac craft etc thing this morning. Its hedgehog week this week too.

» Add a new message to this topic