FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dogecoin?

Dogecoin?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eamgbuk OP   Couple (MM)  over a year ago

sunny york

Totally off piste with this one.

But

Has anyone heard of 'Dogecoin' and is it worth investing in?

Just been hearing a lot about it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *izzibeth9Couple  over a year ago

Loughborough

Being as you're asking for investment advice on a swinger's forum, you I've got some fabulous snake oil you may be interested in

sunny york

How much?

Why shouldn't swingers be as financially savvy as non swingers?

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

Yes I have and it is the one Elon Musk as been tweeting about.

I've just started looking into it myself.

Loughborough

"How much?

Why shouldn't swingers be as financially savvy as non swingers? "

Law of averages. The stock market (aside from funds, which absolutely don't count) is a mystery to 90+% of the population. Try asking on a forum specifically for market advice and - shockingly - the percentage of people able to help is significantly increased.

And even then, its your money. Never invest because someone tells you it's a good idea.

sunny york

[Removed by poster at 07/05/21 23:30:02]

By *iggyStarjumpsMan  over a year ago

Stockport

"Totally off piste with this one.

But

Just been hearing a lot about it. "

Doge has been around for a while, you may have missed the boat but I dont follow closely enough to know for sure. Check it out on Reddit

sunny york

"How much?

Law of averages. The stock market (aside from funds, which absolutely don't count) is a mystery to 90+% of the population. Try asking on a forum specifically for market advice and - shockingly - the percentage of people able to help is significantly increased.

And even then, its your money. Never invest because someone tells you it's a good idea. "

So, that's a 'no' from you then?

Loughborough

"So, that's a 'no' from you then?"

Not necessarily. Crypto is a ridiculously lucrative market, but it's also insanely unpredictable. If you follow the whims of a man who wiped hundreds of millions off the value of his company in a single tweet, you get what you deserve.

sunny york

But

Doge has been around for a while, you may have missed the boat but I dont follow closely enough to know for sure. Check it out on Reddit"

Isn't that what they said about bitcoin when it was $10?

By *iggyStarjumpsMan  over a year ago

Stockport

But

Doge has been around for a while, you may have missed the boat but I dont follow closely enough to know for sure. Check it out on Reddit

Isn't that what they said about bitcoin when it was $10?"

I said 'may have'; you need to do the research and make the decisions

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I have $50 in Doge currently (on eToro) currency is the US $. It’s nowhere near bringing back the results I’ve had from XRP or Ethereum recently. Elon Musk has been bulling it up, that’s the reason people are hearing about it and investing.

Highly volatile trading in crypto so would agree that you need to do your research, plenty of new coins coming on to the market some will go through the roof and make you a lot of money, but the majority won’t.

BTC is still a worthwhile investment, it’s where I’ve got a bit of money currently, but I’m aware it could crash and disappear tomorrow.

Loughborough

"I have $50 in Doge currently (on eToro) currency is the US $. It’s nowhere near bringing back the results I’ve had from XRP or Ethereum recently. Elon Musk has been bulling it up, that’s the reason people are hearing about it and investing.

Highly volatile trading in crypto so would agree that you need to do your research, plenty of new coins coming on to the market some will go through the roof and make you a lot of money, but the majority won’t.

BTC is still a worthwhile investment, it’s where I’ve got a bit of money currently, but I’m aware it could crash and disappear tomorrow. "

Personally I see it as a massive bubble now and steer well clear. You could've retired on bitcoin. Now everyone and their doge is trying to cash in, and it's more like a pyramid scheme than a legitimate investment opportunity.

I missed the boat on bitcoin and regret it, because I had the opportunity to mine early on and saw it as a non-starter. My friend never needs to work another day in his life. And I still give this stuff a miss. Take from that what you will.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I bought thousands around 4 years ago. It's a bit of a joke meme. Started off trying to take the p out of bitcoin but it seemed to get traction over the years. I sold mine off a while back but wish I still had them! I wouldn't go into it now though. too high to risk.

sunny york

So, you are clearly a cautious investor?

Had you invested in BTC, like I didn't, then you would be quids in.

Surely a gamble in Doge can't be a bad thing then, if you lose...you lose...but if you win, then you can win big?

Better to regret something you have done, rather than something you didn't!

You could have been a multimillionaire by now for a few hundred quid early on in BTC

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I started a thread a few days ago asking about cryptocurrency and there was a few interesting replies.

It's something I am looking into a little bit, but I realise with my lack of experience I could only consider any investment a gamble and be prepared to lose it.

Still, who knows what might happen!

sunny york

"I started a thread a few days ago asking about cryptocurrency and there was a few interesting replies.

It's something I am looking into a little bit, but I realise with my lack of experience I could only consider any investment a gamble and be prepared to lose it.

Still, who knows what might happen!"

Exactly!

Put a few quid in that you are not too worried about losing and who knows?

Loughborough

"So, you are clearly a cautious investor?

Surely a gamble in Doge can't be a bad thing then, if you lose...you lose...but if you win, then you can win big?

You could have been a multimillionaire by now for a few hundred quid early on in BTC"

Sure, but you have to take into account several things. Bitcoin was the first. Its the biggest. No merchant wants to invest development in supporting umpteen arbitrary digital currencies. Mining isn't going to cost pennies like it used to. All crpyto is insanely volatile.

I'm 30 years old and consider myself a mid-high risk investor, and honestly I wouldn't touch crpyto now. Chasing lost opportunities by investing in similar things isn't always a good idea. As I said though, it's your dollar and I really hope you make some dosh. I'd rather make a steady 10-20% a year and retire happy, but that's me.

By *erDirtyRockstarMan  over a year ago

buckinghamshire

Meme stock with lots of Elon love. That's your fundamentals right there. However robinhood are ploughing alot into it presently due to all sorts of hedge fund fuckery going on. Personally I would invest. I don't have fu money to justify !

buckinghamshire

*wouldn't

Cheshire

"I have $50 in Doge currently (on eToro) currency is the US $. It’s nowhere near bringing back the results I’ve had from XRP or Ethereum recently. Elon Musk has been bulling it up, that’s the reason people are hearing about it and investing.

BTC is still a worthwhile investment, it’s where I’ve got a bit of money currently, but I’m aware it could crash and disappear tomorrow.

Personally I see it as a massive bubble now and steer well clear. You could've retired on bitcoin. Now everyone and their doge is trying to cash in, and it's more like a pyramid scheme than a legitimate investment opportunity.

I missed the boat on bitcoin and regret it, because I had the opportunity to mine early on and saw it as a non-starter. My friend never needs to work another day in his life. And I still give this stuff a miss. Take from that what you will. "

I’ve been regularly taking profit when it’s high and buying back in low, as the price has been fluctuating quite a bit this month. I don’t think BTC will ever get to 100k a coin, so I’ll never get rich from it, but I am convinced it’ll be around for quite a few years.

Crypto is only 30% of my investment, it’s my Chinese stocks I’m losing sleep over so it’s not a lot of money compared to the rest of my retirement plan.

I wouldn’t advise anyone to buy crypto so I’m in agreement with you, but for me it’s part of an investment strategy I have due to its volatility, I’ll keep taking profit until I see the crash or hold if it starts another run.

sunny york

"So, you are clearly a cautious investor?

You could have been a multimillionaire by now for a few hundred quid early on in BTC

Sure, but you have to take into account several things. Bitcoin was the first. Its the biggest. No merchant wants to invest development in supporting umpteen arbitrary digital currencies. Mining isn't going to cost pennies like it used to. All crpyto is insanely volatile.

I'm 30 years old and consider myself a mid-high risk investor, and honestly I wouldn't touch crpyto now. Chasing lost opportunities by investing in similar things isn't always a good idea. As I said though, it's your dollar and I really hope you make some dosh. I'd rather make a steady 10-20% a year and retire happy, but that's me. "

30?

Bloody hell!

I was taking more risks than that at 30!

I'm still a huge risk taker now and far too old and should know better.

I suppose that is the difference in a generation or two.

I think the crypto journey is really just starting, a few grand here or there invested really could be great opportunity.

Only if you can afford to lose it though

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

In simple terms what is cryptocurrency for?

We already have currency, I don't quite understand the point of cryptocurrency.

(Sorry for my ignorance)

buckinghamshire

"I started a thread a few days ago asking about cryptocurrency and there was a few interesting replies.

Still, who knows what might happen!"

Having an interest is awesome ! Crypto is very much an immature market with limited real world value. However the likes of bitcoin and etherium are finding real value in some very big companies. If you learn more about how Blockchain works, it's truly genius technology, and as I see it the future of money. How that manifests into the mainstream is where the money lies. due dilligence and patience is the key to a good investor.

Loughborough

"In simple terms what is cryptocurrency for?

(Sorry for my ignorance)"

De-nationalised, de-regulated, pseudo-untraceable transactions. The appeal is absolutely there, I just feel like the ship has sailed. Justification for my assertion being that back when I laughed off the idea BTC was trading at less than a dollar and you could've mined hundreds if not thousands for a negligible price. Its now pushing 50 grand per BTC. It may rise further, and bandwagon currency may do well for a while, but it's unsustainable and bound to crash.

buckinghamshire

(Sorry for my ignorance)"

It's a decentralised currency which means it isn't at the behest of any mainstay economic interference. Bitcoin for example is akin to digital gold ( gold being a safe haven for the wealthy retaining the value of their money come economic rain or shine ) , albeit worth a great deal more. bitcoin also holds its value like gold due to its scarcity . You then have etherium which features huge versatility in terms of its underlying tech ( of great interest, and already being utilised by a number of companies ) as an investor either of the 2 are good bets. All the other crypto are generally derived from etherium.. hope any of that helps !

sunny york

(Sorry for my ignorance)

De-nationalised, de-regulated, pseudo-untraceable transactions. The appeal is absolutely there, I just feel like the ship has sailed. Justification for my assertion being that back when I laughed off the idea BTC was trading at less than a dollar and you could've mined hundreds if not thousands for a negligible price. Its now pushing 50 grand per BTC. It may rise further, and bandwagon currency may do well for a while, but it's unsustainable and bound to crash. "

But you are contradicting yourself.

If you had invested early, at a time when you thought it was not a viable investment, you would have been 'quids in'

Now the time with Dogecoin is similar, in as much as it is a risk that could fail or grow hugely.

Basically you are doing the same as you did with BTC.

I've bought a couple of G. Let's see what happens

buckinghamshire

(Sorry for my ignorance)

De-nationalised, de-regulated, pseudo-untraceable transactions. The appeal is absolutely there, I just feel like the ship has sailed. Justification for my assertion being that back when I laughed off the idea BTC was trading at less than a dollar and you could've mined hundreds if not thousands for a negligible price. Its now pushing 50 grand per BTC. It may rise further, and bandwagon currency may do well for a while, but it's unsustainable and bound to crash. "

No YOLO Dogecoin then lol

buckinghamshire

(Sorry for my ignorance)

De-nationalised, de-regulated, pseudo-untraceable transactions. The appeal is absolutely there, I just feel like the ship has sailed. Justification for my assertion being that back when I laughed off the idea BTC was trading at less than a dollar and you could've mined hundreds if not thousands for a negligible price. Its now pushing 50 grand per BTC. It may rise further, and bandwagon currency may do well for a while, but it's unsustainable and bound to crash.

But you are contradicting yourself.

If you had invested early, at a time when you thought it was not a viable investment, you would have been 'quids in'

Now the time with Dogecoin is similar, in as much as it is a risk that could fail or grow hugely.

Basically you are doing the same as you did with BTC.

I've bought a couple of G. Let's see what happens "

Wasn't Dogecoin derived from etherium as a blatant meme stock ? If you are going to invest, invest with some backbone as to underlying information. Dogecoin is a YOLO effort. Good luck all the same

sunny york

Well if it makes me a Doge-Millionaire I'll throw a fuck off party and you will all be on the top of the guest list!

Cheers folks

I have an account with Coinbase..they come with their own wallets to hold your crypto and it’s super safe from hackers.

Ethereum and Litecoin are most definitely worth a punt by getting at least 2 of each and holding on to them for at least 7-10yrs as they will 100% increase in value and you will get far more back than if you stuck that same amount in a bank over the same amount of time. The others are all still relatively cheap and worth a punt over a similar timeframe..they will all most definitely increase in value.

I heard about Bitcoin first 11yrs ago but didn’t follow it up by buying £1000 pounds worth

By *irky_coupleCouple  over a year ago

kirky

If you want a cheap one that's going well but with a bit of risk(customer vote upcoming) then AMIGO might be worth a look. I threw a few quid at it at 11p and it's 26 now. Still cheap at that price as its got all the hallmarks of a 100p+ if the vote passes which I'd be surprised if if doesn't.

sunny york

"If you want a cheap one that's going well but with a bit of risk(customer vote upcoming) then AMIGO might be worth a look. I threw a few quid at it at 11p and it's 26 now. Still cheap at that price as its got all the hallmarks of a 100p+ if the vote passes which I'd be surprised if if doesn't."

I’ve been dabbling in Cryoto on eToro since late January and so far turned £1000 into £1500. Not exactly pulling up trees but just trying to follow the highs and lows. Started with BTC, then XRP and yesterday put it all in DOGE just for this weekend and ready to sell Sunday morning. It’s gone up over 13% in 12 hours so let’s see what Elon says tonight. It is like gambling and I’m having fun

sunny york

Is anyone else investing tonight?

To the moon!

By *2123Man  over a year ago

Close

Been clear for a long time Elon is going to Doge, all the signs have been there. Pretty nervy the last few days but just looking at his Twitter, he polled if people want Tesla to accept Doge, the following day dropped Bitcoin. Which both crashed hard, the brave bought and kept buying and today he’s announced he’s working with Dogecoin. A pointless coin but that means nothing when you have Elon on board

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

It's a meme coin that's getting g used for pump and dumps, doesnt look like it's worth the risk

first rule of banking.

protect your investment.

Cheshire

"Been clear for a long time Elon is going to Doge, all the signs have been there. Pretty nervy the last few days but just looking at his Twitter, he polled if people want Tesla to accept Doge, the following day dropped Bitcoin. Which both crashed hard, the brave bought and kept buying and today he’s announced he’s working with Dogecoin. A pointless coin but that means nothing when you have Elon on board "

It’s still down today even off the back of Elon’s recent Tweet.

I bought into Cardano and that has seen a 3.5% increase in the last few days. So I think that’s a better bet for a short term profit from my investment.

I’m still holding some BTC and taking profit wherever I can currently, as I think the whole crypto market is getting too volatile this week. So I may trade out and come back in when it tanks.

By *eyondhornyMan  over a year ago

Abercynon-ish

Doge seems to be running on the whim of one man at present which is Elon. There are also a few whales that have a lot of holdings and when they decide to sell it massively tanks the price and more people's stop losses trigger also fueling the selloff

A guy from Goldman Sachs cashed in the other day and quit his job and a lot of people paid for it.

It's coming back up now but if you can stomach the idea of 30% plus swings in value inside of a day then there may be some mileage left.

14 million new Doge created daily though so it's going to be a rocky climb

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

As with all investing, only risk what you can afford to lose. The Sirius Minerals share debacle is one example. People lost life savings and pensions over that.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

The only coin for me is the Krugerrand, 1 ounce of pure Gold, bought my first one in 1973 for £80 and have managed to buy one a year since then, might struggle this year though as they are now at £1400.

Boring but safe, subject to fluctuation but nothing like Bitcoin.

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

But

I can give advice, but depends on how you pronounce it first to show me if you’re legit interested or not

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

Well enough people invest it’ll do good, for a period

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"How much?

And even then, its your money. Never invest because someone tells you it's a good idea. "

There’s also this new on thing on Facebook , free money or something or other , is it any good ?

Dubai & Nottingham

"Yes I have and it is the one Elon Musk as been tweeting about.

I've just started looking into it myself."

Well if someone who lost $27 billion earlier this month is backing it, it must be good

By *ohnnyGentMan  over a year ago

london

But

If you’re looking to invest in crypto, I’d advise not investing in Dogecoin. Bitcoin or ETH if you’re just starting out and get to know the market. Also, make sure your doing your own due diligence. But if you wanna roll the dice and see what happens - YOLO.

Dubai & Nottingham

"The only coin for me is the Krugerrand, 1 ounce of pure Gold, bought my first one in 1973 for £80 and have managed to buy one a year since then, might struggle this year though as they are now at £1400.

Boring but safe, subject to fluctuation but nothing like Bitcoin. "

Long term is good but a bit of fluctuation last year or two. I like silver too, not as big investments but 1/2 kilo poured 999 Suiss make lovely paperweights and door stops and don’t cost the earth especially when vat free

» Add a new message to this topic