FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Moral fortitude!!!

Moral fortitude!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Having a conversation with my sister, about Animal testing, became apparent my morals on this subject are very fluid...

Who agrees with it and why?who doesn't agree and why?...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I agree to an extent

Aslong as they dont end up like the Baboon from The Fly I guess

Its a hard topic though, would you rather animals die so we can live or would you rather vaccines ect where tested on humans?

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

Tough one.

I'm against for things that aren't essential like makeup, but accept that it's needed in some cases for medical reasons that could go on to save lives.

Though, I'd prefer it if they could somehow test on non-living, organic specimens grown in a lab.

"Tough one.

I'm against for things that aren't essential like makeup, but accept that it's needed in some cases for medical reasons that could go on to save lives.

Though, I'd prefer it if they could somehow test on non-living, organic specimens grown in a lab. "

Non living?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Having a conversation with my sister, about Animal testing, became apparent my morals on this subject are very fluid...

Who agrees with it and why?who doesn't agree and why?...

"

Ideally not, but if its essential for us for our health then it's them or us.

If it can be done in other ways then that should always be the case.

If it's for the animals benefit... Vetty type things... Of course

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Medicines Yes

Beauty products No

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

By and large, I believe that if you would not do it to a human being, why would you do it to an animal?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I agree to an extent

Aslong as they dont end up like the Baboon from The Fly I guess

Its a hard topic though, would you rather animals die so we can live or would you rather vaccines ect where tested on humans?"

Thats where I got with it,for the greater good ( well for us humans, doesn't really fall on the animals side) medicines vaccines etc....but beauty products no.

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

"Tough one.

Though, I'd prefer it if they could somehow test on non-living, organic specimens grown in a lab.

Non living?

"

Yeah.

Scientists are now starting to grow human body parts like ears and hearts in labs (and not on the back of a rat).

These are organic, but not 'living'.

At the moment they are primarily going to be used for transplants, but no reason we couldn't grow similar things to test for reactions to products.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

For beauty and cleaning products no.

For medicine yes, even if we don't use animals as a whole we use their serum etc for lots of different tests. Even cells in culture need animal serum to survive. There's a drive to reduce the amount science uses but we're a long way away from not using animals or animal products in research and diagnostic testing.

By *ostonJoeMan  over a year ago

Boston

If chemicals and medicines are not to be tested on animals, what are chemicals and medicines going to be tested on?

Totally against animal testing personally.

Lu

By *an4funMan  over a year ago

london

Depends on whether you regard an animal less important than a human. A human you've never met therefore have no connection with versus your beloved pet dog and a member of your family. Which would you have harm come to if you had to make that choice. I love those I know and the animals that I am connected with.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I know I wouldn't be alive now if it wasn't for the drugs tested on animals and the hospital tests (antibody tests for example).

So although it's an uncomfortable truth, I can't say I'm totally against. I know when the chips are down I'd want those medicines and tests for myself and my loved ones.

But I'm very pro funding research to reduce the amount of animals used in research. And I believe governments should increase its funding, as well as the public we have charities funding cancer research etc in labs why not one to reduce animal testing?

This will be controversial but I say test these things on criminal such as murders pedos and such why should innocent animals suffer

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Depends on whether you regard an animal less important than a human. A human you've never met therefore have no connection with versus your beloved pet dog and a member of your family. Which would you have harm come to if you had to make that choice. I love those I know and the animals that I am connected with."

I actually agree with you and the more we learn about animals, the more we realise they feel pain, sense danger etc the more this is true for me. I know others might disagree x

"This will be controversial but I say test these things on criminal such as murders pedos and such why should innocent animals suffer"

Issue with that though just like the Death Penalty, what happens when that prisoner you tested on is actually innocent?

Also could be bit of slippery slope, look at Germany and Japan during WW2

By *pellboundCouple  over a year ago

Derby and North Wales

I don’t agree with animal testing, there is a valuable argument that it is necessary for medical research, which is understandable

However, a lot of animal testing is carried out on non medical uses which I am firmly against

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It should be exceptional and potential harm reduction optimised. Only for some medicine and nothing like makeup.

I'd prefer government politicians to be used instead, in their long holidays.

» Add a new message to this topic