FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Coronation Street - Nina and Seb

Coronation Street - Nina and Seb

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irty Pretty OP   Woman  over a year ago

Cardiff

I don’t know if the pool of alternative people here and the pool of Coronation Street watchers has much of an overlap, but if any alternative peeps were watching Corrie last night, are you ok? I’m not saying that to take the piss, I’m genuinely asking because if I’m honest, it really disturbed me.

Even though the attack wasn’t all that graphic and I’ve seen way worse on telly and been fine, I slept really badly, had nightmares, woke in the middle of the night worrying about it, and I’ve been really out of sorts and weepy today. I can only think it’s because I know every time I go out looking “different”, it could be me; and because of the reminder of Sophie Lancaster.

So I hope you’re ok and not too upset by it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Did you ever see the documentary about the young person who was murdered because she had a Alternative look.

I was reading the mother of that girl had alot of input into the storyline.

By *ilkandhoneyxWoman  over a year ago

leicester

"Did you ever see the documentary about the young person who was murdered because she had a Alternative look.

I was reading the mother of that girl had alot of input into the storyline. "

yes that’s sophie lancaster.

I have been, weirdly, lucky and always looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp, so "normals" would assume I would be aggressive and know how to handle myself, so never had any trouble but I know a fair few grebos/goths/punks that have been started on for being "different"... I still love being it tho

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

We both watched it - Dave only watches to see Nina - we were concerned that they were going to follow the Sophie Lancaster story.

Caroline found it very upsetting, as it's so true.

Many of us get abuse on a regular basis because of the way we look, though unlike Sophie & Nina, we retaliate - which always comes as a shock to the perpetrators.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Apparently the story is going to run for some time - possibly into next year.

I hope CS gives it the justice it deserves.

I find it abhorrent that crimes like this happen just because of the way a person looks. My heart goes out to anyone who has ever endured anything like this.

J x

Cardiff

"Did you ever see the documentary about the young person who was murdered because she had a Alternative look.

I was reading the mother of that girl had alot of input into the storyline. "

Yes, she did, so I’m hoping they’ve taken her advice on board. I think almost everyone in our community knows about Sophie, and all too many have their own stories.

Cardiff

"I have been, weirdly, lucky and always looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp, so "normals" would assume I would be aggressive and know how to handle myself, so never had any trouble but I know a fair few grebos/goths/punks that have been started on for being "different"... I still love being it tho "

See, I look like a bulldog chewing a wasp (I always say there’s nothing “resting” about my bitch face, it’s active), but I’m a shortarse and don’t look like I can handle myself.

"I have been, weirdly, lucky and always looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp, so "normals" would assume I would be aggressive and know how to handle myself, so never had any trouble but I know a fair few grebos/goths/punks that have been started on for being "different"... I still love being it tho

See, I look like a bulldog chewing a wasp (I always say there’s nothing “resting” about my bitch face, it’s active), but I’m a shortarse and don’t look like I can handle myself."

Aahhh yes... I am quite large and looming so ya know... I never saw anything kicking off when I used to do the doors in town... Although I would ask the rowdy ones if they wanted their mates to see em get their arse kicked out by a girl... Little did they know, I have never been a fighter

Cardiff

"We both watched it - Dave only watches to see Nina - we were concerned that they were going to follow the Sophie Lancaster story.

Caroline found it very upsetting, as it's so true.

Many of us get abuse on a regular basis because of the way we look, though unlike Sophie & Nina, we retaliate - which always comes as a shock to the perpetrators."

I hope I never have to find out if I’d retaliate, but I suspect it wouldn’t end up well for me if I did if there was more than one person.

Cardiff

"Apparently the story is going to run for some time - possibly into next year.

I find it abhorrent that crimes like this happen just because of the way a person looks. My heart goes out to anyone who has ever endured anything like this.

J x"

It happened to my partner a long time ago, before I knew him - he’s older than me and was into glam metal, and fully looked the part. He was really badly beaten by three people, who tried to knock him out on the railway tracks so he’d be hit by a train. God knows how he got away. All for looking different.

Cardiff

"I have been, weirdly, lucky and always looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp, so "normals" would assume I would be aggressive and know how to handle myself, so never had any trouble but I know a fair few grebos/goths/punks that have been started on for being "different"... I still love being it tho

See, I look like a bulldog chewing a wasp (I always say there’s nothing “resting” about my bitch face, it’s active), but I’m a shortarse and don’t look like I can handle myself.

Aahhh yes... I am quite large and looming so ya know... I never saw anything kicking off when I used to do the doors in town... Although I would ask the rowdy ones if they wanted their mates to see em get their arse kicked out by a girl... Little did they know, I have never been a fighter "

My mum’s 5’10” but unfortunately I didn’t get her height!

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"Apparently the story is going to run for some time - possibly into next year.

J x

It happened to my partner a long time ago, before I knew him - he’s older than me and was into glam metal, and fully looked the part. He was really badly beaten by three people, who tried to knock him out on the railway tracks so he’d be hit by a train. God knows how he got away. All for looking different."

This makes me so angry!!! What utter bastards!! Everyone should be free to look & dress however they like. I don’t care how people dress, what religion they are, or colour of skin. Is respect too much to ask for in the 21st century?

Aahhh yes... I am quite large and looming so ya know... I never saw anything kicking off when I used to do the doors in town... Although I would ask the rowdy ones if they wanted their mates to see em get their arse kicked out by a girl... Little did they know, I have never been a fighter

My mum’s 5’10” but unfortunately I didn’t get her height!"

Mine was too n me either lol... I always wanted to be 6 foot lol

Cardiff

Mine was too n me either lol... I always wanted to be 6 foot lol"

My dad was 5’4” and both my grandmothers were tiny, so I guess all the short genes won.

I watched it on catch up last night, just before I went to bed.

I had a terrible dream that I actually don't remember but woke thinking to myself.... Oh it's just a dream.

Had a dark cloud over me this morning.

Mrs Cheeky soon brought out the smiles though.

Actually not being naughty there

Mine was too n me either lol... I always wanted to be 6 foot lol

My dad was 5’4” and both my grandmothers were tiny, so I guess all the short genes won."

I think my actual father was about 6ft but no idea really... I think my son got my height tho as he is 6'4", git! My granddaugter is already over 4 ft at 6... Sorry, getting a bit off subject

Cardiff

"I watched it on catch up last night, just before I went to bed.

I had a terrible dream that I actually don't remember but woke thinking to myself.... Oh it's just a dream.

Had a dark cloud over me this morning.

Mrs Cheeky soon brought out the smiles though.

Actually not being naughty there "

Yeah, not good late-night viewing

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I only watched the beginning and end as i couldnt watch the middle bit

» Add a new message to this topic