FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Blue Peter

Blue Peter

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Did anyone actually make any of the wonderful items that the Blue Peter team shown us step by step how to achieve, and if so, did any of your finished work of art look anything like it was supposed to.

My brother once tried to make the Tracy Island but it was just looked like exactly what it was, a row of old toilet rolls stuck together with sellotape.

I made a advent decoration out of a coat hanger, again just toilet rolls with a bit of felt tip and tinsel hanging off a coat hanger. My mother refused to hang it up, she did say I could have it where noone else could see.

And it took me ages to realise that sticky back plastic was sellotape, why didn't they just bloody say sellotape!

That programme wasn't as good as it was cracked up to be

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I did the advent coathanger too.

Under protest I might add...

And yes it just looked like a coat hanger covered in tinsel.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Of course not! The presenters had a crack team of design graduates, architects and master craftsmen round the back of the studio ready for the 'Here's one I made earlier!' bit!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

We made lots of "attempts" at making things usually with fairy liquid containers. I used to save things and give them to callums school or do stuff with callum. Even now if im throwing something away like toilet rolls or tins and those boxes soap powder sachets come in i think of things i could do with them

Err... Sticky back plastic came in sheets in a zillion different patterns... I used to get mine from the Midland Educational shop....;-)

"Err... Sticky back plastic came in sheets in a zillion different patterns... I used to get mine from the Midland Educational shop....;-)

"

Oh well that's why mine were crap then, I only had sellotape, oh and my dads masking tape if I ran out

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Advent coat hanger with tinsel here too. Our mother wouldn't let us save rubbish to make things with!

Sellotape is a brand name and couldn't be used on the BBC. It used to confuse me too as sticky backed plastic was the stuff to cover your school books in at the beginning of term (children don't seem to do that anymore).

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I really enjoyed watching Blue Peter and thought the presenters had heaps of personality. Did not some of them develop into proper celebs?

"it took me ages to realise that sticky back plastic was sellotape, why didn't they just bloody say sellotape!"
They called it sticky tape. Sticky back plastic is better known as Fablon.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I think me and my sisters made the desk set once out of cut up washing up bottles and toilet rolls. It wasn't very sturdy.

"We made lots of "attempts" at making things usually with fairy liquid containers. I used to save things and give them to callums school or do stuff with callum. Even now if im throwing something away like toilet rolls or tins and those boxes soap powder sachets come in i think of things i could do with them"

My god-daughter still collects them for nursery - then brings them back once she has turned them into a piece of art ie an egg box coveerd in glitter that sits on top of my fridge for a month or so

I've just remembered I made a papier mache bowl!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I used to make my teachers christmas presents when at primary school, to keep their earings in.

It was a matchbox covered in sticky backed plastic, cotton wool inside and a stick on flower on the top. We always made our own gifts, calendars for grandparents and auntie and uncles

"Advent coat hanger with tinsel here too. Our mother wouldn't let us save rubbish to make things with!

Sellotape is a brand name and couldn't be used on the BBC. It used to confuse me too as sticky backed plastic was the stuff to cover your school books in at the beginning of term (children don't seem to do that anymore)."

We used to cover ours in wallpaper - used to love doing that at the start of a new term...

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I used to make my teachers christmas presents when at primary school, to keep their earings in.

It was a matchbox covered in sticky backed plastic, cotton wool inside and a stick on flower on the top. We always made our own gifts, calendars for grandparents and auntie and uncles"

Just remembered the matchbox trinket holder too! Memories......

"Err... Sticky back plastic came in sheets in a zillion different patterns... I used to get mine from the Midland Educational shop....;-)

Oh well that's why mine were crap then, I only had sellotape, oh and my dads masking tape if I ran out "

I always wanted to know what I could have made out of Lesley Judd and some gaffer tape...

By *ighclassfunMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

"I really enjoyed watching Blue Peter and thought the presenters had heaps of personality. Did not some of them develop into proper celebs? "

It's amazing what glue and sticky back plastic can do for your career!

Oh well that's why mine were crap then, I only had sellotape, oh and my dads masking tape if I ran out

I always wanted to know what I could have made out of Lesley Judd and some gaffer tape... "

Wrongful imprisonment charges?

I'd have a go on Helen Skelton. Kayak queen and fit as fuck

"I really enjoyed watching Blue Peter and thought the presenters had heaps of personality. Did not some of them develop into proper celebs? "

What on earth do you mean? Presenting Blue Peter is the pinnacle of any career lol! From Sarah Greene, Caron Keating, Connie Huq and especially Helen Skelton - I've probably had more crushes on Blue Peter presenters that any other group of celebs

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Tatty crap always looks better though the eyes of a child.

Any parent with half a brain would have banned the viewing of Blue Peter on the run up to Christmas, Mother's Day, Easter.....

I always wanted to know what I could have made out of Lesley Judd and some gaffer tape...

Wrongful imprisonment charges?"

I was 11.....

"I did the advent coathanger too.

Under protest I might add...

And yes it just looked like a coat hanger covered in tinsel."

we did this at school and they looked great. Did load of other stuff and also from the Rupert books and other comics.

Passed on the bug to my kids and was handy when living in a country where toys were not readily available.

I was more of an 'Art Attack' kinda girl with Neil Buchanan

Loved all the arts and crafts stuff.

"Advent coat hanger with tinsel here too. Our mother wouldn't let us save rubbish to make things with!

Sellotape is a brand name and couldn't be used on the BBC. It used to confuse me too as sticky backed plastic was the stuff to cover your school books in at the beginning of term (children don't seem to do that anymore).

We used to cover ours in wallpaper - used to love doing that at the start of a new term..."

Yes we did as well. It had to be the best wallpaper oddments you could find though, as the kids at school would take the piss if you went in with really crap brown and orange coloured wallpaper.

In the 5th form I covered my book with a Soft Cell poster and some git wrote 'gay' across Marc's face

By *smCouple  over a year ago

Liskeard

wow brought back memories.

I made the advent scene out off loo rolls , scraps of material and old tights for hands and faces.. it was rather good, even if i say so myself. lol came out for years every christmas.. I actually let the kids help... little bit...

"I really enjoyed watching Blue Peter and thought the presenters had heaps of personality. Did not some of them develop into proper celebs?

What on earth do you mean? Presenting Blue Peter is the pinnacle of any career lol! From Sarah Greene, Caron Keating, Connie Huq and especially Helen Skelton - I've probably had more crushes on Blue Peter presenters that any other group of celebs"

Yep, Sarah Greene in her miniskirts was a joy to behold. I know I was in my 20's when she was on BP and I used to come home from work early just to watch her, er, it, but ....... so what?????? Ha ha!

By *ighclassfunMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

Janet Ellis did it for me and as for her daughter.....,

Forum Mod

Every year I promised myself id make one of those coathanger things next year

Every next year I could'nt be arsed

yeah made a bong once..that turned out ok..

i feel sorry for all them parents who were forced into making a tracy island as all the shops had sold out

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"

I think the trade name was "Fablon". I recall my Dad using it to cover shelved in the larder.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I really enjoyed watching Blue Peter and thought the presenters had heaps of personality. Did not some of them develop into proper celebs?

What on earth do you mean? Presenting Blue Peter is the pinnacle of any career lol! From Sarah Greene, Caron Keating, Connie Huq and especially Helen Skelton - I've probably had more crushes on Blue Peter presenters that any other group of celebs"

That one has sunk to the depths doing Most Haunted. She shrieks each week, as some silent noise is heard, and she's 'terrified'. No-one in the making of that show has ever been hurt, killed etc by any of the 'ghosts'. She would have been better going to acting school, after leaving Blue Peter, as she's so cringingly unconvincing now.

BP must definitely be the pinnacle for most of them.

i'll always remember that elephant stepping on noakes's foot and them him stepping in crap

Tracey island (my late father did more than me) the teenage mutant ninja turtles lair. Oh and I have one of Simon Thomas' blue peter badges!!!

I also have john Leslie's autograph as I cried when he left and wrote him a letter telling him how sad I was, he wrote back.

"Tracey island (my late father did more than me) the teenage mutant ninja turtles lair. Oh and I have one of Simon Thomas' blue peter badges!!! "

blimey.

you were lucky

By *illows ManMan  over a year ago

torquay

Sticky baced plastic.. Thought this was a swinging site, not a chool reunion! Mind you, sellotape has its uses here!!

By *illows ManMan  over a year ago

torquay

spooling mistook ... soz! Meant to have been Skool!

» Add a new message to this topic