FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Born on a plane

Born on a plane

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A woman who was 29 weeks pregnant and didn't know she was carrying a baby, gave birth on a flight to hawaii, apparently there just happened to be three nurses on board, What a great story

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

That must have been absolutely terrifying.

Hope all ended up rainbows and happiness

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What would your nationality be if you were born in international airspace? Would it be the origin country, destination country or the country you were closest to at the time? Maybe the ownership of the aircraft might have something to do with it.

[Removed by poster at 06/05/21 11:18:17]

"What would your nationality be if you were born in international airspace? Would it be the origin country, destination country or the country you were closest to at the time? Maybe the ownership of the aircraft might have something to do with it."

I was thinking that too ?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"What would your nationality be if you were born in international airspace? Would it be the origin country, destination country or the country you were closest to at the time? Maybe the ownership of the aircraft might have something to do with it.

I was thinking that too ? "

Maybe a baby could claim EU rights, if on their way to an EU country?

"What would your nationality be if you were born in international airspace? Would it be the origin country, destination country or the country you were closest to at the time? Maybe the ownership of the aircraft might have something to do with it."

I was wondering this too. International pirate? xx

Maybe they would automatically take the nationality of the mother?

Possibly dual nationality or they qualify for the passport of the countries airspace they were in?

She’s lucky there were no snakes on that plane.

J

Amazing what they can do these days

First thing I thought too!

What a time to be alive

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I think I've come across an answer to this question a long time ago. The baby automatically gets nationality of the mother's home country (and probably birth place too if that's different), plus it would be eligible for the nationality of the country whose air space it was in at birth. It was years ago I heard that so I might have that wrong, but that's my recollection.

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

Different countries have different rules around the granting of nationality.

For example, anyone born in UK after 31st Dec 1982 is not automatically British - it depends on your parents' (usually mother's) nationality.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Nationality of the carrier. Not quite sure how that would work with BA and Iberia as it’s a joint venture

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Good old Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_aboard_aircraft_and_ships

Different countries have different rules. A baby can always take the nationality of the mother. Some countries, such as Canada and the USA allow their nationality to be used if born in their airspace. The UK does not allow that.

By *eerobCouple  over a year ago

solihull

I hope they charged her for the extra seat...

» Add a new message to this topic