FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The do's and don't's of constructing a first message

The do's and don't's of constructing a first message

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *gent Coulson OP   Man  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

You see this mentioned in loads of threads, how offputting a first message can

What is considered a well constructed first message.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

A bit of humour and something that shows they've read my profile and may be what I'm after.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Start with "Hello". Hardly anybody does this. It's just basic.

Another basic is use their name! All profiles require some form of name. It might be the username or in the profile above their basic info. Often it's shortened to a letter, but there is something there you can use.

If somebody send us a message saying "Hello, Luke and Hannah", there is a very high chance we would reply. It shows they are not carpet-bombing messages. It shows they have a degree of respect. As long as they don't then write a faf message or something similarly vapid, they would almost certainly get a response from us.

Why are these simple things so rare on Fab?

By *heMightySpud69Man  over a year ago

Milton keynes

"Start with "Hello". Hardly anybody does this. It's just basic.

Another basic is use their name! All profiles require some form of name. It might be the username or in the profile above their basic info. Often it's shortened to a letter, but there is something there you can use.

If somebody send us a message saying "Hello, Luke and Hannah", there is a very high chance we would reply. It shows they are not carpet-bombing messages. It shows they have a degree of respect. As long as they don't then write a faf message or something similarly vapid, they would almost certainly get a response from us.

Why are these simple things so rare on Fab?"

Good points that I'm guilty of my self!

By *lasphemousGirlWoman  over a year ago

Cambs

Something that says you've read the profile not just looked at the pictures, a little about yourself and a face pic is always appreciated.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

add 22 cock pics for good measure.

everyone loves that

By *heMightySpud69Man  over a year ago

Milton keynes

Wonko with the gold!

By *lbinoGorillaMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"Start with "Hello". Hardly anybody does this. It's just basic.

Why are these simple things so rare on Fab?"

I always address messages to the profile name, but still don't often get replies. Guess I'm going wrong with the actual content of the message.

Either that or they don't like the look of me when they check me out in return. Which is arguably fair comment....

Send a photo of a handsome face. Wait for reply

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

"Send a photo of a handsome face. Wait for reply "

Any handsome face or your own?

By *nfin8yWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

"Something that says you've read the profile not just looked at the pictures, a little about yourself and a face pic is always appreciated. "

By *attb179Man  over a year ago

London

Don't think it makes any real difference. You can construct the best, most personalised, natural message, it will still likely be left unread.

With 100000000000:1 men to women you need to find another way to engage, like through forums.

I'd be very interested to hear from the small percentage of guys who get any sort of reply from a first message. I don't know what the secret is but what gets them the reply is definitely not the content of their message...

Im thinking of going with with.....

Oi Oi Savloy.....

May more successful than the few messages Ive sent so far?

By *orthernswingerMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

It can be a real lottery, what may pique one couples interest may not pique another’s.

Generally a bit of effort to show that you’ve read the profile and a couple of pics go a long way, the rest is up to the recipient and how appealing you are I suppose?

By *he Cunning Linguist1000Man  over a year ago

Leek

I think that once you have followed the good advice already offered it becomes the luck of the draw. It has to be remembered that any lady or couple may receive hundreds of messages per day and it would be unrealistic to expect them to reply to them all even to say "no thanks". To be fair if I have spent half an hour on a message quite a few recipients will acknowledge the message.

By *estcountryDadBodMan  over a year ago

Exeter

Scatter gun everyone who breathes with a close up of your cock in a badly lit pic with as brief a message as possible, preferably with spelling mistakes.

"Don't think it makes any real difference. You can construct the best, most personalised, natural message, it will still likely be left unread.

With 100000000000:1 men to women you need to find another way to engage, like through forums.

I'd be very interested to hear from the small percentage of guys who get any sort of reply from a first message. I don't know what the secret is but what gets them the reply is definitely not the content of their message... "

I’m a guy who gets replies to my first messages. Sometimes they’re telling me I’m not for them I appreciate that though.

As you say even the most personalised message can not get a reply. Some users have too many messages to reply to, some many not have the time or some may not even be in the mood.

I certainly have days I can’t be arsed to reply to messages and I usually find the people I chat with don’t mind time in between messaging.

I think guys get really focused on “why have they not replied!” and it would be better to just accept it for what it is, which is no response.

This is not directed at the OP but just some similar types of threads.

I hate it when I see guys asking for ways to get a response and are using language that makes fab users sound like secret codes they need to crack or assignments they need to score top marks in. Breaking down messages in to structures and marking criteria.

If someone said no thanks to your face would you go home thinking of how you could alter every interaction or fake interest in things just to get someone to reply to you.

For me, a first message thats not too long, but not 1 line either.

You can spot copy and paste messages a mile away.

Maybe add some context to the message, such as something that's relevant to the person you're messaging. Obviously this requires reading the page and not just drooling over the pics.

Thats my 2 pence worth anyway

Fancy a fuck with a copious amount of cock pics.....

» Add a new message to this topic