FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Your Home Part Deux ...

Your Home Part Deux ...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Old thread here ... https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/1151004

Since MaryFuckingPoppins started such a successful thread and its already reached max size I thought it should be immediately revived ...

She asked you .....

I'm really nosey so I'd like to know what type of home you live in - flat, house, flatshare, castle etc ..

Who with - partner, kids etc..

And what you would change

I live in a 1 bedroom flat on my own after years of living with other people and I LOVE it

I would change the tiny outside area to a private garden

Where we are - a four bed cottage dating to the 1700s in the country with what Mr calls 'grounds' but every one else calls 'a lot of bloody work to do' and an unfortunate amount of 1980s decor getting enthusiastically ripped out. Its magical !

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

I live in a mid terrace Victorian house that needs work doing to it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I lived at home once upon a time.

I live in a house now.

I would like to make it a home.

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Slightly changing it, we're (hopefully, eventually) buying our first place an nobody ever said that a house would possibly need money pouring into it before you even start choosing carpets electric safety certificates, mining searches, oh my!

Still exciting though!

I just read the other thread - I loved reading about everyone's homes.

I've got some serious house envy from some of you!

"Slightly changing it, we're (hopefully, eventually) buying our first place an nobody ever said that a house would possibly need money pouring into it before you even start choosing carpets electric safety certificates, mining searches, oh my!

Still exciting though!"

Had to do a search here to see if we were obliged to pay upkeep on a local church because our place is so old! Never heard of the like before ....

Derbyshire village

"Slightly changing it, we're (hopefully, eventually) buying our first place an nobody ever said that a house would possibly need money pouring into it before you even start choosing carpets electric safety certificates, mining searches, oh my!

Still exciting though!

Had to do a search here to see if we were obliged to pay upkeep on a local church because our place is so old! Never heard of the like before .... "

Hey, at least someone's checking whether there's a massive sinkhole or mineshaft under my new bathroom! That's good, right.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I live in a spacious 3 bedroom, mid terrace house. I have a large back garden but also on the edge of a lovely country park. My house is about 70years old and has some lovely features.

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

I live in a 3 bed semi, with a nice and large garden that faces south, so plenty of opportunity to relax in the sun. We have a river and canals nearby and plenty of green spaces.

I live alone, but love it, being able to do as I please.

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

2 bed flat which is pretty big with the small people, first time living alone in my life lol

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering

In a biscuit tin in the middle of road

Still exciting though!

Had to do a search here to see if we were obliged to pay upkeep on a local church because our place is so old! Never heard of the like before ....

Hey, at least someone's checking whether there's a massive sinkhole or mineshaft under my new bathroom! That's good, right. "

It is if you're the solicitor!

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

Still exciting though!

Hey, at least someone's checking whether there's a massive sinkhole or mineshaft under my new bathroom! That's good, right. "

You're lucky of thats all they had to do, mine did a search to see if I had allowed horses enough room to pull a narrowboat along the towpath and if I kept a bail of hay and fresh water for them to drink.

The last time it had to be allowed was 1940ish before my house had even been built

I live in a 3 storey townhouse which was a bit alien to me when I moved in having been used to old stone cottages or Victorian terraced homes before. Bit it has been fantastic for lockdown, the top floor is a spare room and study so I can close the door on work and leave it up there to properly separate work from home, despite working from home!

Derbyshire village

Still exciting though!

Hey, at least someone's checking whether there's a massive sinkhole or mineshaft under my new bathroom! That's good, right.

You're lucky of thats all they had to do, mine did a search to see if I had allowed horses enough room to pull a narrowboat along the towpath and if I kept a bail of hay and fresh water for them to drink.

The last time it had to be allowed was 1940ish before my house had even been built "

I love our general area - Last of the Summer Wine was so accurate.

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Im resisting turning this into a Monty Python sketch, but It's sooooo tempting.

» Add a new message to this topic