FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Rag bag of thoughts

Rag bag of thoughts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

A bit of a sleepless night with all sorts of thoughts cluttering my head. So, I'm inflicting them on you lot.

I met an Olympic legend and human rights icon yesterday and he said several things that got me thinking:

1. He started running as he was running away from being black;

2. His fellow medal winner started running because he was running from the police as a naughty child. The police officer that caught him told him he had a talent and changed his life;

3. Education is the key to being successful - you can run until you can't but without education you'll only end up running your mouth whilst pushing a broom;

4. He listened a lot and therefore learnt a lot;

5. He sees the 'Black Power Salute' as a silent cry for freedom and dignity. The fist salute is used all over the world and so has a universal message and should not be used lightly;

6. Using your fists in the other way means you have lost the fight (except in boxing, of course);

7. Many competitors have lost their soul to the love of money;

8. If you don't pass on the lessons of history then you will repeat the mistakes;

9. The death threats he received said things like 'we have allowed you people to be treated as human for too long';

His wife said that there is always more than one version of the truth.

Then I got the message that two young people I know have been made orphans as their mother finally gave in to her cancer, just a year after their father died of cancer.

Any thoughts that these thoughts raise for you? Or, just use the space to off load your rag bag.

Thanks for listening.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

The girl that got stabbed to death in Brum.. It hit close to home for reasons I can't disclose but how lucky I was to flee a violent relationship and be alive..

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

to belittle others only makes your stature smaller, not theirs

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Very thought proking

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tommie Smith and his ilk are real heroes, what he did fits right into my definition of courage.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Tommie Smith and his ilk are real heroes, what he did fits right into my definition of courage. "

"Tommie Smith and his ilk are real heroes, what he did fits right into my definition of courage. "

Mine too. He described having to go into hiding to protect his family from the public, FBI and CIA. He and John Carlos are still not recognised in the US Olympic Hall of Fame. If you find it I can really recommend watching Return to Mexico City.

'Rosa sat so that Martin could walk. Martin walked so that Obama could run. Obama Ran so that our children could fly!'

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"'Rosa sat so that Martin could walk. Martin walked so that Obama could run. Obama Ran so that our children could fly!' "

I love that....

"'Rosa sat so that Martin could walk. Martin walked so that Obama could run. Obama Ran so that our children could fly!' "

Brilliant!

"Tommie Smith and his ilk are real heroes, what he did fits right into my definition of courage.

Mine too. He described having to go into hiding to protect his family from the public, FBI and CIA. He and John Carlos are still not recognised in the US Olympic Hall of Fame. If you find it I can really recommend watching Return to Mexico City."

I will look for it.

Emily Davison is another, imagine the desperation she felt to do what she did.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"

His wife said that there is always more than one version of the truth.

"

My mantra entirely - and I liked the rest of the post

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

One of my heroes (my mam) always says if I can't say something good about someone, keep my big gob shut....I try to follow that in life, even whilst disagreeing vehemently with someone, I'm quite a polite arguer (though I won't drop it)

Another hero (my dad) says that bullies are the scum of the earth and if I see someone being bullied, I should intervene - got me a coupla black eyes and a broken cheek-bone as a kid, nowadays I'm a bit more sensible and would intervene only if I have a bigger stick or would phone the police.....on here I've appealed in the occasional thread that has seemed bullying to me - there can occasionally be a pack mentality that develops on a thread that I despise, specially if it's a newbie posting

The rest of the time I'm just me - unable to take much seriously and madder than Mad Jack McMad, winner of the last 5 Mr Mad competitions

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

One of my heroes (my mam) always says if I can't say something good about someone, keep my big gob shut....I try to follow that in life, even whilst disagreeing vehemently with someone, I'm quite a polite arguer (though I won't drop it)

Another hero (my dad) says that bullies are the scum of the earth and if I see someone being bullied, I should intervene - got me a coupla black eyes and a broken cheek-bone as a kid, nowadays I'm a bit more sensible and would intervene only if I have a bigger stick or would phone the police.....on here I've appealed in the occasional thread that has seemed bullying to me - there can occasionally be a pack mentality that develops on a thread that I despise, specially if it's a newbie posting

The rest of the time I'm just me - unable to take much seriously and madder than Mad Jack McMad, winner of the last 5 Mr Mad competitions "

I like your attitude! No joke, no leg pulling - I mean it!

And then there was that bottle...;-)

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

The rest of the time I'm just me - unable to take much seriously and madder than Mad Jack McMad, winner of the last 5 Mr Mad competitions I like your attitude! No joke, no leg pulling - I mean it!

And then there was that bottle...;-)"

Thanks honey, I actually typed most of that through a veil of tears after reading this thread.....must be getting sentimental in me old age - being 39 so many fecking times is hard work

» Add a new message to this topic