FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Curious what people thoughts are

Curious what people thoughts are

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Morning all, just curious to know what your prediction percentage of people on here are time wasters or picture collectors. For me it literally feels like about 75% just here just to waste your time. What’s your thoughts? Have a good first day back at work all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Everyone we've spoken to seems pretty genuine in what they want, but we've not tried to meet anyone as yet so haven't had no-shows etc.

By *irty desireWoman  over a year ago

newcatle

For me about 90%..

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Not really come across many fakes but I am quite good at interrogating people

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

It depends what you mean by a time waster doesn’t it?

If someone you have been messaging in the hopes of meeting suddenly goes quiet or doesn’t want to meet you. Are they a time waster? No

If you message someone and they don’t reply. Are they a time waster? No

If you arrange to meet someone, get there and they don’t show up or message you while you are on your way, are they a time waster? Arguably yes.

So. Are there lots of time wasters on this site? I’ve never had a no show, so objectively I would say no.

As for picture collectors. How are we defining them.

If you send a picture to a person and they don’t reply, are they a picture collector? No

If someone asks you for lots of pictures for their collection, are they a picture collector? Yes

I have had the former happen a few times. It happens, they don’t fancy me. As for the latter, I have never friended someone I don’t trust (to open up my gallery) or ever had a request from someone to send them lots of pictures.

So again, anecdotally I would say that there are not many picture collectors.

By *ungle_kingMan  over a year ago

Nuneaton

I agree it depends on what you class as a time waster. From what I read and have chatted about with folks I have met it’s people not showing up or absolutely lame excuses very last minute as to why they can’t make something that’s been arranged with people sorting sitters etc and that’s really unfair.

It also depends on what sort of profile you interact with, no verifications or a slight hint of something’s not right I move on, some people with current and more than 4 verifications are far more likely to be who they say they are?

I also don’t mind being a cheeky plan B for people I have met or plan to meet, if something goes wrong with a planned meet they don’t have a wasted night and sometimes last minute meets are more spontaneous.

Happy fabbing and I can’t wait for meets to be allowed again. Been far too long.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"It depends what you mean by a time waster doesn’t it?

If someone you have been messaging in the hopes of meeting suddenly goes quiet or doesn’t want to meet you. Are they a time waster? No

If you arrange to meet someone, get there and they don’t show up or message you while you are on your way, are they a time waster? Arguably yes.

So. Are there lots of time wasters on this site? I’ve never had a no show, so objectively I would say no.

If you send a picture to a person and they don’t reply, are they a picture collector? No

If someone asks you for lots of pictures for their collection, are they a picture collector? Yes

I have had the former happen a few times. It happens, they don’t fancy me. As for the latter, I have never friended someone I don’t trust (to open up my gallery) or ever had a request from someone to send them lots of pictures.

So again, anecdotally I would say that there are not many picture collectors. "

Agreed.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Time wasters and picture collectors seems to have become the shorthand definition for anyone that doesn’t meet, irrespective of their reasons.

One person’s time waster is another persons sensible pragmatist who decided not to take the interaction any further. It’s just about perspective

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I see more guys not putting any effort into their profiles, messages or getting involved into the scene than time wasters or picture collectors, on this site.

If you go to clubs and socials (when they’re open) the scene is quite active and plenty of genuine people around.

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

I'd suggest we get some global definition of what a "Time Waster" (r) TM (c) actually is.

We've been called timewasters variously over our membership here, for not agreeing to meet NOW NOW NOW or such. It's long felt to us that those shouting "TIMEWASTER!" tend to look like the timewasters to us...

By *irmingham_Sissy_MaidTV/TS  over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

"I'd suggest we get some global definition of what a "Time Waster" (r) TM (c) actually is.

We've been called timewasters variously over our membership here, for not agreeing to meet NOW NOW NOW or such. It's long felt to us that those shouting "TIMEWASTER!" tend to look like the timewasters to us..."

I get this quite often. Just because I don’t want to go round there’s at 4am I’m the time waster even if I haven’t even spoken to them.

I’m also the fake as I won’t give my private pics to a faceless profile...

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

WTF didn't I actually bother reading the replied first? Yeah, some great points mirroring my own.

By *onkyLemonsCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

"It depends what you mean by a time waster doesn’t it?

So again, anecdotally I would say that there are not many picture collectors. "

This! I think you’ve absolutely nailed it with this post.

We will chat and reply to almost anyone. It doesn’t mean anything, doesn’t mean they’re on their way to having sex with one of us etc. Just means we’re sociable creatures and we like the interaction.

If those same people asked whether we’d be interested in meeting, they’d get a clear answer one way or another.

I don’t think that makes us time wasters!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To a lot of people on this site, I am a 'timewaster'

I've no real intention to meet anyone and I post pictures for an ego boost from false flattery.

It doesn't bother me that I'm seen in that way by some people. Like everyone else, I'm using the site in the way I want to.

I think far too many people have to look at their expectations from the site. If they regulated those, they may have a more positive experience

By *irty desireWoman  over a year ago

newcatle

If find a lot will chat then ask for access to private photos and when i say no they are for people i have ment only the chat stops.. or don’t even chat just friend request!

Both are timewasters and pic collectors in my book.

When I joined I was extremely keen to meet now I’m just relaxed about the situation and will take my time only meeting a very selective few that I build a friendship with and meet on that basis with a view to seeing if things progress naturally, I’m more than happy just spending time on the forums and chatting privately with friends, so many seem in a rush or try to force the issue but we all different and want different things, I know we all encounter the bad eggs on here but they lovely genuine people more than make up for it.!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

At the moment I think there's a lot more Time Wasters (TM) on Fab, myself included.

Because, you know, pandemic.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

"Morning all, just curious to know what your prediction percentage of people on here are time wasters or picture collectors. For me it literally feels like about 75% just here just to waste your time. What’s your thoughts? Have a good first day back at work all "

Your looking for the wrong statistic.

It’s not that there’s loads of time wasters, it’s that 10% of guys get 90% of the meets

So you’ve got 90% of the rest scrapping over 10%.

It’s purely a numbers game

Rule 1 be hot and tall

Rule 2 don’t be not hot and short

By *nfin8yWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

I have had a few people not turn up when I have arranged to meet with no contact from them to say why. I know things can crop up but if they have my contact details and have made no attempt then I find it very disrespectful. I had to cancel a meeting once due to being ill but I let the person know straight away. I apologised

and offered to reschedule.

I have photos available on my profile and I don’t see the need to send any more. People have requested a face pic when they are already on my profile!! Needless to say I delete block and move on.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Morning all, just curious to know what your prediction percentage of people on here are time wasters or picture collectors. For me it literally feels like about 75% just here just to waste your time. What’s your thoughts? Have a good first day back at work all "

Literally have no thoughts on this whatsoever. Couldn't give less of a shit. Why concern yourself with negativity?

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I think I'd agree at about 75%

I've had 2 socials out of 8 that were arranged. Either let down last minute or don't hear from after a date is set.

Or they chat and chat, want to talk about what they'd like to do, then can't actually find time to see you.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Agree with all who say it depends on what you define as a time waster.

I've been called it in the past because I said no thanks after a couple of messages. I also got called it when I said I didn't meet fast, as I work ft and cared for my dad then too.

I think it's often used out of frustration when someone turns them down or doesn't do what they want.

As others said a time waster to me arranges meets and then doesn't show up, with no notice.

Don’t know yet, it’s hard to get some people to chat only one wasting time is me I think

On the other hand I have had a good couple of chats with people that I have meet in the forums but that’s about it

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

Some of the biggest timewasters here are those guys who can't be bothered to read profiles let alone compile their own. It's almost as if they join this site expecting sex starved females to form a disorderly queue.

Ironically a lot of these guys soon start moaning about time wasters when they've got nowhere in the midst of a pandemic and having made minimal effort.

"Some of the biggest timewasters here are those guys who can't be bothered to read profiles let alone compile their own. It's almost as if they join this site expecting sex starved females to form a disorderly queue.

Ironically a lot of these guys soon start moaning about time wasters when they've got nowhere in the midst of a pandemic and having made minimal effort."

I guess that’s why I’m finding it hard on here, I don’t mind the challenge at all and I have meet some good people just nothing will come of it as there miles away, not all us single guys are here thinking it’s going to be a pussy party though lol

I’ve always been told and believe all good things come to those who wait

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"

I guess that’s why I’m finding it hard on here, I don’t mind the challenge at all and I have meet some good people just nothing will come of it as there miles away, not all us single guys are here thinking it’s going to be a pussy party though lol "

That's why I didn't say 'all guys'.

It's important to be realistic and if meeting is the name of the game there's little chance of that with people who're hundreds of miles away. Of course it's nice to make friends though and very frustrating when you discover someone really nice who's just too far away to meet on a regular basis.

We've been in that position many times over the years and only ended our 'relationship' with our last guy because he was promoted and no longer worked close enought to us to make it a practical proposition.

We were never going to be prolific photo posters or regular meets.

We would swing maybe 4 times a year. And that was enough for us. We had fun and met lots of interesting people. But I'm sure we were considered time wasters by some. We wouldn't meet people at the drop of the hat.

We did have people no show. We did have people ghost us.

They were not fake profiles or cat fishers. They were real people who for one reason or another freaked out and didn't turn up. Sometimes people can't be honest with you because they fear the "backlash" or they don't want to hurt your feelings

"We were never going to be prolific photo posters or regular meets.

We would swing maybe 4 times a year. And that was enough for us. We had fun and met lots of interesting people. But I'm sure we were considered time wasters by some. We wouldn't meet people at the drop of the hat.

We did have people no show. We did have people ghost us.

They were not fake profiles or cat fishers. They were real people who for one reason or another freaked out and didn't turn up. Sometimes people can't be honest with you because they fear the "backlash" or they don't want to hurt your feelings

"

I'm not saying there are no fake profiles or photo collectors or catfishers. But we only ever had 6 photos at a time so we didn't have too much contact with them

[Removed by poster at 04/05/21 11:12:02]

I get what your all saying 100%

I did not com it to this thinking I’ll be swimming in pussy, I might not be everyone’s cuppa tea

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It all depends on your definition of a timewaster.

Some will say a person who doesn't reply is one. No they have every right to not reply .

Some say someone you chatted to for a bit but won't meet is one that all depends if you have discussed meeting before. And if the person has already said they have no interest in meeting you which has happened to me when I first started chatting to a few I told them I wasn't interested in meeting them they said sure what is the harm in just chatting tho so I agreed a week or so down the line I'm asked when are we meeting I tell them exactly what I said at the start and suddenly I was a timewaster. So now I won't do chats with people I don't want to meet any more .

People who do knowingly lead you on telling you they will meet but don't that's what I would consider a timewaster and happened to me a few times when I first joined but the longer you are on here the more clued in you get to spotting them .

Or people who don't show for meets they are timewasters as well.

As for pic collectors they are the ones who ask for a friends request when you have barely spoken more than 1 message or not at all easy to avoid them and easier not to send pics when people demand them either.

People use fab for all different reasons look for the ones who suit you and don't worry about the ones who are doing something different.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

100%

69%

0%

I've genuinely never had my time wasted in 11+ years. I've met many singles, couples, TV's, as both a single and a couple. Socials and meets.

I’m not planing on meeting at the moment, for a few reasons, but I don’t chat either, does that make me a time waster? I don’t think it does.

I’m certainly not a picture collector, a picture contributor possibly.

Maybe I shouldn’t be on here then, I’ll get my coat

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"I’m not planing on meeting at the moment, for a few reasons, but I don’t chat either, does that make me a time waster? I don’t think it does.

Maybe I shouldn’t be on here then, I’ll get my coat "

I'll follow you.... because that's me too pretty much.

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

"100%"

101% if you include me

By *estcountryDadBodMan  over a year ago

Exeter

"I’m not planing on meeting at the moment, for a few reasons, but I don’t chat either, does that make me a time waster? I don’t think it does.

I'll follow you.... because that's me too pretty much."

You two stay right here thank you

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

You two stay right here thank you "

He comes back after years away and thinks he can lay down the law!

Ok.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Labels that are thrown about far too easily. Usually by people frustrated by lack of results re meets.

Ok. "

You can lay the law down on me anytime lol

By *estcountryDadBodMan  over a year ago

Exeter

Ok. "

More of a request than a demand.... apologies

And it may feel like years but it’s only been a few weeks!!

Ok.

More of a request than a demand.... apologies

And it may feel like years but it’s only been a few weeks!! "

By *enuineCoupleCheshireBBWCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

Yep time wasters suck.

There are more than enough on any site, not just here!

We are Genuine as in the Title.

That said, we all have lives, family etc. However if we say we will be there we will!

We don't need pictures, Google has millions; prefer to see people together as a couple clothed

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

If by time-wasting you mean people who just want a wank or give up when they realise they can't meet me at the drop of a hat I'll go with 99.99%.

[Removed by poster at 04/05/21 17:34:24]

» Add a new message to this topic