FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Couples code.

Couples code.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oItForYorkshire OP   Couple  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Was chatting to another couple last night and the topic of ‘codes’ came up in the context of ‘yay’ or ‘nay’ in a social or meet situation.

They said they used tapping each other’s hands to keep it subtle. We don’t have any and feel we should.

What do others do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We don't have codes. We always tell people we meet socially that we will discuss things between ourselves and get back to them. During a meet where we're actually playing we have an agreement that if we're not happy we just say "stop I need a time out" and everything stops while we sort out whatever the problem is. It's never happened yet.

Codes in our opinion are too open to misinterpretation

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Was chatting to another couple last night and the topic of ‘codes’ came up in the context of ‘yay’ or ‘nay’ in a social or meet situation.

They said they used tapping each other’s hands to keep it subtle. We don’t have any and feel we should.

What do others do?"

Go with the flow, you can tell when people hit it off and are interested.

A social meet for us is a must

"Was chatting to another couple last night and the topic of ‘codes’ came up in the context of ‘yay’ or ‘nay’ in a social or meet situation.

What do others do?"

Hello beautiful, lovely to see you here . I’m not one for codes, but I am good at the nonverbal states that convey a lot

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Although during one particularly dreary social I did kick Mr N under the table . I suspect the person we were meeting was just as bored as us

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

This reminded me of a party I was at with my ex. He was loving it but I wasn't all that comfortable. I spent the majority of the time in the kitchen with the cats

Got to about 1am and I was done in and starting to get really anxious, pounding chest etc. I told him I needed to get out of there and it was time for us to go. 45 mins later I had to go looking for him and found him in the jacuzzi. I felt like a right cunt on so many levels.

Needless to say, he wasn't good at reading visible signs unless they were in his favour and ignored verbal ones unless they were in his favour.

not codes as such but if one of us is not happy then we have a way of expressing it

Given that it's often claimed that clear communication is pivotal, using code seems a bit of a contradiction

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

One couple used the question "Did you feed the dog" then the person can reply with a yes or no.

I think it's a good idea to have a code of some sort.

we didnt but had a play that I should have maybe stopped, so we have now decided to have a code to make sure we are both happy with the situation

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Given that it's often claimed that clear communication is pivotal, using code seems a bit of a contradiction "

Yes that's our thought on the subject. Be clear, no ambiguity then

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

We don't have a code but maybe we should. Most of the time we have socials first though so we would discuss after that what we both thought and decide from there if we would meet again. I also like to think we are quite good at being able to read each other. I know Mr has said to me before that he has known straight away when I haven't been interested in someone.

Kx

Yorkshire

"One couple used the question "Did you feed the dog" then the person can reply with a yes or no.

I think it's a good idea to have a code of some sort."

It’s so weird that you wrote this as we discussed it post-writing this and having not read the replies we decided that the feeding the pet question was what we were going to go with too to ensure the other partner is happy in the situation.

I understand those that think codes are a bad thing but I would hate to just blurt out infront of people ‘what do you think, babe. Do you fancy her or not??’

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"One couple used the question "Did you feed the dog" then the person can reply with a yes or no.

It’s so weird that you wrote this as we discussed it post-writing this and having not read the replies we decided that the feeding the pet question was what we were going to go with too to ensure the other partner is happy in the situation.

I understand those that think codes are a bad thing but I would hate to just blurt out infront of people ‘what do you think, babe. Do you fancy her or not??’ "

Awkward

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I understand those that think codes are a bad thing but I would hate to just blurt out infront of people ‘what do you think, babe. Do you fancy her or not??’ "

We don't blurt out in front of people that would be rude.

. The thing is though that quite a few people use the pet feeding question or similar and the ones you're meeting will know what you mean anyway.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

If it’s a social meet then surely you can wait to get home before you discuss if you want to take it any further or not.Seems a lot easier than hand tapping and codes .

Forum Mod

East Sussex

One half of a couple we met socially during the day made a point of saying "we've only paid for an hour in the car park" after we'd been chatting for a few minutes. That was a clear indicator to us and their partner that they weren't interested.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Did say to one couple after about 20 minutes into a social 'listen, thanks for meeting but this isn't going to work for us'..

We both knew within the first five minutes tbh..

By *nfin8yWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

"This reminded me of a party I was at with my ex. He was loving it but I wasn't all that comfortable. I spent the majority of the time in the kitchen with the cats

Got to about 1am and I was done in and starting to get really anxious, pounding chest etc. I told him I needed to get out of there and it was time for us to go. 45 mins later I had to go looking for him and found him in the jacuzzi. I felt like a right cunt on so many levels.

Needless to say, he wasn't good at reading visible signs unless they were in his favour and ignored verbal ones unless they were in his favour."

Sounds more like he was the cunt to me. It’s awful that you were put in that position.

By *urchoicenowCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

K pinches my bum if she's interested in playing at clubs. Works on many levels lol

By *cd and scruffCouple  over a year ago

Rochester

If either of us mentions a cup of tea it is time to stop.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

We came up with the code to put an arm around the other and rub their ear lobe to mean let's get away. In the Pub when a weird Man was chatting to us, then came the ear lobe rub. We had to stop ourselves from laughing

No we dont have a code, might have to have that talk with my hubby and see what we can come up with

What do others do?"

just see how it goes and compare notes when you get home and say thanks for the drink etc x

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"This reminded me of a party I was at with my ex. He was loving it but I wasn't all that comfortable. I spent the majority of the time in the kitchen with the cats

Needless to say, he wasn't good at reading visible signs unless they were in his favour and ignored verbal ones unless they were in his favour.

Sounds more like he was the cunt to me. It’s awful that you were put in that position. "

I was devastated at the time.

It's only when you look back that you realise how bad things were. Every time there was something like that, it was "ok, so now we know where we went wrong, we can make sure it doesn't happen again, it's all a learning curve"

There were many "learning curves", all of them incredibly upsetting

Yorkshire

I was thinking more in the context of somewhere that play was in the equation, I think obviously if it’s only a social you can just talk about it in the car after

By *ear in the chairMan  over a year ago

Godstone

In a pub its drinks. If either of us gets a round in and gives the other a red drink or something with a cherry in, we know its drink up and go home time

By *ear in the chairMan  over a year ago

Godstone

"If either of us mentions a cup of tea it is time to stop.

"

Lol, we both drink tea like fish drink water

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I was thinking more in the context of somewhere that play was in the equation, I think obviously if it’s only a social you can just talk about it in the car after "

My personal opinion is that if sex is a possibility there's no room for codes or ambiguity. We have an agreement that the one who is not happy asks to speak to the other privately. Anybody decent you meet will respect that. We voice our concerns and return to politely say we're not comfortable and will leave things there or if there's just a small thing like one of us is doing something the other doesn't like we explain and continue without doing whatever it is (never had to do that yet). We've only had to leave once at a private party. Everyone involved was very respectful...to our face .

Our relationship is too important to us to risk upset for fear of upsetting someone else

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

I think it's perfectly acceptable to say "can you just give us a minute" or similar and go off for a wee private chat. If we were meeting another couple who did I that I would feel reassured that they were having that conversation rather than one steering and the other potentially going along with something they didn't want to. Equally well if a prearranged code works for you as a couple I don't think that's incompatible with clear communication. It's just that some people are more comfortable than others about doing that in public. There is often the fear of offending but there are ways of being clear and open without being rude.

Mrs kf x

I usually make the couple an offer before asking them if they'd like to go and talk to the wall.

They never return but it doesn't half make me feel like Deborah Meaden.

» Add a new message to this topic